The Laptop Computer

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Justgimmethetruth said:
What was the situation with Scott Peterson? Did they have to supoena the accounts in that computer?
No, they just had the computer & there was enough evidence on his hard drive...the maps of the tides, ebay stuff, etc.

LTUlegal said:
The laptop would certainly be helpful, but I don't think the lack of it'll hurt the results of the investigation.
jmho of course
What about any e-mailing he did from another e-mail service or searches that he might have done through different search engines?

JerseyGirl said:
What about any e-mailing he did from another e-mail service or searches that he might have done through different search engines?

JG, they only released the GOOGLE info, there could have been a lot more search warrants, etc. that we don't know about.

golfmom said:
JG, they only released the GOOGLE info, there could have been a lot more search warrants, etc. that we don't know about.
I'm hoping so because if he e-mailed from other accounts, etc., without the hard drive we'd have no way of knowing what those things were, correct? Obviously google can only cover google. So hopefully most of his "work" was done there.

JerseyGirl said:
I'm hoping so because if he e-mailed from other accounts, etc., without the hard drive we'd have no way of knowing what those things were, correct? Obviously google can only cover google. So hopefully most of his "work" was done there.
right...so if he used Yahoo!, for instance, they'd need to subpoena Yahoo! or get the laptop for the hard drive.:(

From an old post on the media links thread:

http://www.herald-sun.com/orange/10-639249.html

Man whose wife slain pleads to embezzlement

By BETH VELLIQUETTE : The Herald-Sun
bvelliquette@heraldsun.com
Aug 23, 2005 : 9:04 pm ET

Once he became a suspect [in the embezzlement], he cooperated with police and allowed them to search his computer and home for evidence needed for prosecution, Perez said.

So again, Raven was COMPLETELY aware after the embezzlement that the computer was sometimes used in an investigation as a potential source of clues. After his embezzlement was discovered in December of 2004, Raven cooperated by allowing LE to search his computer. He had just been through this the year prior. Isn't it ironic how that's the one item that was missing from the house after the murder (aka the new investigation in which Raven is involved)?

Barber, unaware that Abaroa's wife was murdered in April and that the case is unsolved, questioned Abaroa about where he worked and why he had moved to Utah. Mack interrupted and told Barber that Abaroa's wife Janet had been murdered and that Abaroa returned to Utah to raise his son and be with his family.

Very interesting how Mack interrupted and spoke for Raven at this point. I know that this is what defense attorneys do but Mack obviously did not want to chance Raven saying something he shouldn't. We saw it in the video outside of the courthouse but I forgot about Mack speaking for Raven regarding the murder inside the courtroom.

Later, Barber asked Abaroa if there was a reason he stole the athletic shoes.

"No," Abaroa replied.

"What did you do with the money?" Barber asked.

"I repaired cars, paid bills," Abaroa said.

I suppose this is where the money came from to get Janet's car fixed on that fateful night? *Sigh* If only that repair could have waited - the driveway wouldn't have been empty that night and perhaps the murderer, realizing that the house wasn't empty and that he wasn't going to have a clean shot at that laptop, would have moved on.

JerseyGirl said:
From an old post on the media links thread:

So again, Raven was COMPLETELY aware after the embezzlement that the computer was sometimes used in an investigation as a potential source of clues. After his embezzlement was discovered in December of 2004, Raven cooperated by allowing LE to search his computer. He had just been through this the year prior. Isn't it ironic how that's the one item that was missing from the house after the murder (aka the new investigation in which Raven is involved)?

Very interesting how Mack interrupted and spoke for Raven at this point. I know that this is what defense attorneys do but Mack obviously did not want to chance Raven saying something he shouldn't. We saw it in the video outside of the courthouse but I forgot about Mack speaking for Raven regarding the murder inside the courtroom.

I suppose this is where the money came from to get Janet's car fixed on that fateful night? *Sigh* If only that repair could have waited - the driveway wouldn't have been empty that night and perhaps the murderer, realizing that the house wasn't empty and that he wasn't going to have a clean shot at that laptop, would have moved on.
Good points JG. When I read that before, it didn't sink in that he had been through an "investigation" before. Old birds can learn new tricks!

I'd love to know what was on the laptop that was so friggin important, that it would be the only thing missing, besides the weapon.

Raven, I don't think you can even fathom the amount of disgust that is pouring out of my body for you.:slap:

terminatrixator said:
I'd love to know what was on the laptop that was so friggin important, that it would be the only thing missing, besides the weapon.
Security secrets? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

LTUlegal said:
Lots of incriminating evidence??? Should we start a list? ;)
Any emails would have showed up on the subpoened info I would think. Maybe there was a plan that raven was following that night, written out in detail on his laptop?

ewwwinteresting said:
Any emails would have showed up on the subpoened info I would think.
Only those sent through the server that was subpoenaed, correct? If he sent an e-mail through yahoo but only google was subpoenaed, then we'd still have no idea what those e-mails were, right?

JerseyGirl said:
Only those sent through the server that was subpoenaed, correct? If he sent an e-mail through yahoo but only google was subpoenaed, then we'd still have no idea what those e-mails were, right?
Can we only hope LE received email info from all of raven's email addresses?

There could have been well laid out plans in word form on his hard drive, plans for more embezzlement or stealling plans or plans for muder on there.

*advertiser censored*, gay *advertiser censored*, beastiality? Love letters to and from someone?

I'm wondering if he looked up informaton on Google, such as Social Security Information, information on Widowers benefits.

Maybe he looked up information or how to get away with murder, how to pass a lie detector test, that would only be considered circumstance evidence, but still evidence.

This is my hope, but we have no clue what they found in the subpoena and since there is no arrest as of yet, maybe nothing was found in that subpoena but we can hope!

Whatever was on there, though is long gone now, and I think the laptop has been destroyed, and it will never be found.

Raven had his laptop searched once before and knows better to leave that sucker laying around and wanted to make sure it was long gone before he finally called LE to report his wife was HURT.

I think it's in a zillion pieces at the bottom of a Lake somewhere in NC or somewhere else. Maybe that's the answer to Smitih Mountain Lake?

terminatrixator said:
There could have been well laid out plans in word form on his hard drive, plans for more embezzlement or stealling plans or plans for muder on there.

*advertiser censored*, gay *advertiser censored*, beastiality? Love letters to and from someone?

I'm wondering if he looked up informaton on Google, such as Social Security Information, information on Widowers benefits.

Maybe he looked up information or how to get away with murder, how to pass a lie detector test, that would only be considered circumstance evidence, but still evidence.

This is my hope, but we have no clue what they found in the subpoena and since there is no arrest as of yet, maybe nothing was found in that subpoena but we can hope!

Whatever was on there, though is long gone now, and I think the laptop has been destroyed, and it will never be found.

Raven had his laptop searched once before and knows better to leave that sucker laying around and wanted to make sure it was long gone before he finally called LE to report his wife was HURT.

I think it's in a zillion pieces at the bottom of a Lake somewhere in NC or somewhere else. Maybe that's the answer to Smitih Mountain Lake?
Well, you know he did like Franklin Covey...perhaps he had a computer version of it besides his pda. Perhaps he was using Franklin Covey's advice for planning Janet's murder, although I'm pretty sure they don't have that kind of software. He'd have to adapt their organizational software for murder.
Hmmm, do you label ditching the laptop as a priority A, B, C? And then once it's completed, how do you mark it complete if you've ditched the laptop? Hmmmm....makes one wonder, doesn't it?
So, Raven, whatdja' do with the laptop? Does your mommy have it for you?:rolleyes:

LTUlegal said:
Well, you know he did like Franklin Covey...perhaps he had a computer version of it besides his pda. Perhaps he was using Franklin Covey's advice for planning Janet's murder, although I'm pretty sure they don't have that kind of software. He'd have to adapt their organizational software for murder.
Hmmm, do you label ditching the laptop as a priority A, B, C? And then once it's completed, how do you mark it complete if you've ditched the laptop? Hmmmm....makes one wonder, doesn't it?
So, Raven, whatdja' do with the laptop? Does your mommy have it for you?:rolleyes:

Legal, are you thinking he had 7 Steps ? and ticked each one off as he accomplished his deed ?

Jess said:
Legal, are you thinking he had 7 Steps ? and ticked each one off as he accomplished his deed ?
LOL! Could be....that is, till he ditched the laptop! Boy, he'd be lost without that organizational system, wouldn't he?

Jess said:
Well, IMO, to pull off a murder without getting caught, one must have had some sort of plan in advance. I can't imagine flipping out, murdering someone, and having nothing but CE point back to you.

Have we ever known the specifics of the laptop - the brand, what was on it as far as software, webcam or not, CD drive, etc? Just curious...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valafares
Back