The message on the door

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay. This is total speculation on my part, so take it for what its worth.

Callie posted a terrific link yesterday in the "photos only" thread (thank you Callie!) to 88 pictures of the house. I didn't see a date for them, but they look like a marketing campaign by a realtor. The photos are all beautiful (but WHAT is with that salmon-colored kitchen???) and very interesting. Love that chair on the stair landing...
While I can't say for sure which room is what, the photos seem to progress through the house in a logical way. Number 51 looks like "the" bedroom; the door matches the one LE showed us; there is a white wicker chair, and the French doors are clearly shown. The next two pictures show the view from the Juliette balcony :)eek:).

Photo 83, apparently a room in the guest house, shows an artist's easel supporting what looks to me to be an unfinished canvas.

Now go back to photo #44, the "blue" bedroom. Here is "the" bed, and another white wicker chair. See that painting, of a nude, sitting woman with long black hair? It looks like the right size to match the covered item LE removed as evidence.

Again, I don't know if I'm right about any of this, but go see what you think.

http://www.previewfirst.com/mls/photos/1349

BBM - That Salmon color in the kitchen (actually, it is a butler's pantry, not a kitchen) was one of the top colors in the 80's, matter of fact, it appears that the whole house was decorated in the 80's and has not had any updates whatsoever in 20 years.
The chair (FWIW) on the stair landing is a McKenzie Childs chair.
JMO but the nude picture was probably placed on that wall in the 80's as it appears nothing from the last 2 decades has entered or for that matter been removed from this house.JMO.

BBM - That Salmon color in the kitchen (actually, it is a butler's pantry, not a kitchen) was one of the top colors in the 80's, matter of fact, it appears that the whole house was decorated in the 80's and has not had any updates whatsoever in 20 years.
The chair (FWIW) on the stair landing is a McKenzie Childs chair.
JMO but the nude picture was probably placed on that wall in the 80's as it appears nothing from the last 2 decades has entered or for that matter been removed from this house.JMO.
Thank you for the info about the chair! I do love it! I'm afraid my style in the 80s was "early American college dorm", so I probably shouldn't be critical...

Edited to add: OMG! Just went to McKenzie-Childs website! What a wonderful place! If I disappear from here, I fell in over there - thanks again!

http://www.mackenzie-childs.com/Furniture/

Thank you for the info about the chair! I do love it! I'm afraid my style in the 80s was "early American college dorm", so I probably shouldn't be critical...

Edited to add: OMG! Just went to McKenzie-Childs website! What a wonderful place! If I disappear from here, I fell in over there - thanks again!

http://www.mackenzie-childs.com/Furniture/

I loved the 80's!!!!!!!

These pictures are from before JS bought it. And the previous sale IIRC was in 1983(?). And in the 1980's, this was fabulous taste!

PS And if that is a picture of a nekkid lady, she is probably getting her senior discounts at the local theater by now. Can't be RZ.

No idea to whom that purple dining table would be fabulous taste in the 80's. I remember the 80's well and have been in some fine homes...but really...uhm..reminds me of the Palm Beach mansions that were decorated shabbily and then the owners lost their shirts and just lived with what they had for 30-40 years. It is unique...would love to know who the actual decorator was.

No idea to whom that purple dining table would be fabulous taste in the 80's. I remember the 80's well and have been in some fine homes...but really...uhm..reminds me of the Palm Beach mansions that were decorated shabbily and then the owners lost their shirts and just lived with what they had for 30-40 years. It is unique...would love to know who the actual decorater was.

I'm pretty sure it was Blanche from The Golden Girls. :crazy:

There has to be a reason police refused to show us (the public) this message.
It can not be what it said, since that information is now public (albeit in several different variations) so I suspect it is the way the letters look.
Can't the press sue for its release? They got search warrants released. But still no 911 calls?

FYI. I just posted the HinkyMeter article on the message on the door article published October 1, 2011 in the reference forum. I didn't see it there.

Remember when we were discussing how the message on the door *ran outside* the border of the panel? Not that we can see the message itself, but the area of whiteout that was photoshopped over the message gives us a good idea of where the message begins & where it ends on the door.

doora.jpg

http://www.sdsheriff.net/coronado/index.html

Compare the whited-out message on the door above with the signature below. IMO, the two are strikingly similar, in that they both "run off the page", so to speak. Maybe it's just a coincidence.

attachment.php

RZ was somewhat of an artist. An artist (even an amateur one) learns how to make good use of the drawing surface, and learns how to gauge where to apply the first mark (to avoid having to erase or start over). I took drawing classes back in my college years, and this was one of the skills we practiced.

I think if RZ had painted the message on the door, IMO, she would have painted the message inside the borders of the panel, because she would have started further to the left, and she would have instinctively known (as an artist) how large or small to make her strokes so that the message would have "fit" the surface. MOO

First off, LaurieJ, thank you so much for setting my question straight! But, what is the item on the video, that is much smaller than a bedroom door, covered, that was carried out by two LE agents? I know there is not a mirror listed, but it had to be something. It was covered and the LEO had on evidence gloves.

Houndstooth, there is an insider who posts here, who is trying to obtain pictures from one of the families who's child was taking pictures that day. I am hoping she will be able to do so, now, for two reasons. To see if the doors were in fact open or closed on the balcony, and to see what they were seeing and photographing, if it was not Rebecca's nude body, as they claimed it was.

LEO did not contain the scene, period, whether Rebecca took her own life, or someone else ended it.

I agree with MSM manipulation of incidents and pictures however. I think it is a growing problem, as you say, for revenue purposes. Big problem, as photos are often entered into evidence when a crime is committed.

Yes, it is a problem, and one I have only in the last several months become aware of.
Without some sort of background knowledge of how the media is using this info to manipulate outcomes and events and the public's perception, it can seem totally out of left field.
We can only hope that there are enough experts in the field to counter the photo manipulation possible prior to their being entered as evidence.

Here is the real time video manipulation software I mentioned in a prior post.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgTq-AgYlTE&feature=player_embedded"]The incredible world of Diminished Reality - YouTube[/ame]

Remember when we were discussing how the message on the door *ran outside* the border of the panel? Not that we can see the message itself, but the area of whiteout that was photoshopped over the message gives us a good idea of where the message begins & where it ends on the door.

doora.jpg

http://www.sdsheriff.net/coronado/index.html

Compare the whited-out message on the door above with the signature below. IMO, the two are strikingly similar, in that they both "run off the page", so to speak. Maybe it's just a coincidence.

attachment.php

RZ was somewhat of an artist. An artist (even an amateur one) learns how to make good use of the drawing surface, and learns how to gauge where to apply the first mark (to avoid having to erase or start over). I took drawing classes back in my college years, and this was one of the skills we practiced.

I think if RZ had painted the message on the door, IMO, she would have painted the message inside the borders of the panel, because she would have started further to the left, and she would have instinctively known (as an artist) how large or small to make her strokes so that the message would have "fit" the surface. MOO

I agree,
It is a very strange place to start writing your message. Why start several inches in and then run over the border...unless you have never done anything creative in your life!!!

I've seen those type of panel doors and they are not overly large.
That seems like a lot of words to fit in such a small area, even with going outside the margins, doesn't it? So when they ran over the with the first line, they didn't start farther over with the next. Surely all that wasn't supposed to have been written in one line?

I agree with the symmetry issues of a trained artist writing something like that.

No idea to whom that purple dining table would be fabulous taste in the 80's. I remember the 80's well and have been in some fine homes...but really...uhm..reminds me of the Palm Beach mansions that were decorated shabbily and then the owners lost their shirts and just lived with what they had for 30-40 years. It is unique...would love to know who the actual decorator was.

I wonder if the purple table is chinoiserie- and the original finish, black or red, perhaps, was changed to purple to 'fit in' with the 80s color palate. The interior decorators prayer is, ' please let people with money have good taste, and please let people with good taste have money.' Unanswered prayers in this case! I seem to remember seeing some other interior pix of the mansion with some different decor...

At one point in time the media had released the videos without the "blurring" of Rebecca. Or am I just imagining that I saw that? If that is the case, then it would make sense that the videos are in fact true and that the "blurring" was done after the fact.

At one point in time the media had released the videos without the "blurring" of Rebecca. Or am I just imagining that I saw that? If that is the case, then it would make sense that the videos are in fact true and that the "blurring" was done after the fact.
You are not imagining that. They did initially show her body without the blur.

I found the image. It's definitely not the bedroom door, but it's also not listed on the SW inventory.

https://viewer.zoho.com/docs/saVbabi

..i came across another large item being removed from the mansion..

( i don't think it's the same as the one you have linked in your post?? this one appears to be smaller..)--is the other one wrapped in white paper behind the guy in the tan pants waiting to be carried off?

..whatever it is----it is not the bedroom door that's listed on the S/W --and it's not on the S/W inventory...

pictureremoved.jpg

Seems like we need a "not on the search warrant" parade!

http://www.fox5sandiego.com/news/ph...ad-at-mansion-20110715,0,6503880.photogallery
Photo #8? Too short for the door IMO.

How about that roll of carpet?
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lan...kels-mansion-wasnt-depressed-family-says.html
Didn't see that listed anywhere on the SW.

That is quite a few items removed which were not on SW IIRC. And the potted tree on the landing WAS on the SW but wasn't taken. Hmmm.

That picture in the blue flowered bedroom I bet got moved to the guest room with the bed. The red blanket she is sitting upon would match the rest of the theme in the room. The colors for the room may have been chosen from that picture. It does appear to be the size of at least one of the mystery SW items. FWIW there was already a wicker chair and table in the room. AND where did the photo that showed the overturned chair on SDSO go? Am I losing my mind again?

I liked the dining table....almost the only thing in the house I did like, but I liked it.Needs the right setting and a different color. "Miami Vice" please come get your mansion!

AND where did the photo that showed the overturned chair on SDSO go? Am I losing my mind again?

..you're right-----the over-turned chair pic is not there...

..fortunately i saved a pic of it....
ropeandbalconydoorsclosed.jpg

( and my one daughter would fight you for that purple table...)

Thank you lauriej. I knew it was there. Guess they didn't like that controversy so just took the picture down? Doors open, doors closed....who cares? What does that really matter? Overturned chair? Poo-poo. There is no boogie man here....go back to sleep. :slap: Don't worry, Officer Onefoot is taking good care of the crime scene. :doh:

:back:

I've seen those type of panel doors and they are not overly large.
That seems like a lot of words to fit in such a small area, even with going outside the margins, doesn't it? So when they ran over the with the first line, they didn't start farther over with the next. Surely all that wasn't supposed to have been written in one line?

I agree with the symmetry issues of a trained artist writing something like that.

I think it seems like a lot of words too, especially using a flat brush like that. The paint still blobbing on the brush (see pic) makes it look like the flat wide side was used also. I suspect those doors are less than 30" wide, maybe more like 24" ... 30" is the standard modern day door. The brush looks like about a 1/2" brush.

The first line of the message has about 11 letters and 2 spaces, plus any space between letters. Second line 12 letters and 3 spaces... someone would have to try it, but looks to me like that is about 20-22" for line #1, more for line #2. this doesn't quite fit with the whited out on the door (maybe 18") so someone really pinched that lettering together?

Was there another, smaller brush used?

Attachments

• SDCSD%20Evidence%20-%2011_0.jpg
    SDCSD%20Evidence%20-%2011_0.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 6
  • rz8714.jpg
    rz8714.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 12
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics