Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rachael said:
If you look through the site where the wedding pics are posted their is a page that tells you about his heritage. His MATERNAL grandfather's last name was Abaroa and his mat. grandfather was hispanic.

Rachael that is very interesting. Good WS to dig that info out.
I'm going to go looking around for it, but could you provide a link?
:blowkiss:

http://web.archive.org/web/20010414122925/www.ravenstree.com/index.html
This page was last updated on 02/17/01.

*FYI: The symbols on the left represent my heritage. The Seal of the Menominee Nation comes from my father's side of the family and represents our Indian ancestors. I am 1/4 Menominee. The Abaroa Flag is a family "sign" brought to us from Spain (?? Maybe Bolivia??). I am not sure what the drawing translates too, but will find out some day! I am 1/4 Hispanic from my mom's dad, Ramon Vidal Abaroa (Tata).

weenluvinwoman said:
reading thru the incident report, I was wondering what matex capital was and why would there be a check written for $1201.65. You can find it on page 11. If the 1201.65 represents an amount.

I think this is Matrix Capital a bank. The amount is interesting . . .

http://find.intelius.com/search-summary-out.php?ReportType=1&searchform=name

Volume Discounts & Bulk Listing Updates
11 Records Found
Click on any Name Below to buy all 11 records - or - Click on any Additional Reports Below

Name Approx
Age Birth
Date Phone Address State Last
Reported Additional
Reports

1 ABAROA, RAVEN -
Available City Only NC 05/06/2005

2 ABAROA, RAVEN S 25
Available
- Available NC 06/01/2004

3 ABAROA, RAVEN -
Available City Only VA 10/15/2003

4 ABAROA, RAVEN S -
- Available NC 10/01/2002

5 ABAROA, RAVEN S -
- Available VA 10/01/2002

6 ABAROA, RAVEN S 26
- Available VA 07/23/2001

7 ABAROA, RAVEN S
ABAROA, DEREK 26
- Available UT 07/18/2001

8 ABAROA, RAVEN S -
- Available UT 07/01/2001

9 ABAROA, RAVEN S -
- Available VA 07/01/2001

10 ABAROA, RAVEN S 26
- Available VA 07/01/2001

Name Approx
Age Birth
Date Phone Address State Last
Reported Additional
Reports

11 ABAROA, RAVEN S -
- Available VA 03/17/1999

irishrose said:
Exactly!!!!! I must have started to post 10 times before I settled on my first one... I didn't want to go to nuts with my first thoughts. That said:

Where was Janet Araboa's pictures??? The only ones I had seen of her, you found elsewhere. Where was the "We" as in wife? The Mother of his son?? Only his son is visually/written word recognized. Except, of course, for himself. Janet did not/does not exist.

Something is *so* not right here.
I haven't read this entire thread yet, but I agree. When I went to Raven's website it was all HIM, and very little Janet. Sad.

kato said:
Sorry, me no comment on the Mormon issue. There have been some heated discussions about it in regards to other cases.
:DLOL! I live in a state that's heavily Mormon. And they do have great teeth! :D :D

I was thinking of the similarities today between Hacking and Raven. It doesn't mean anything in terms of the crime. I just find the coincidences interesting. (The Salt Lake City to North Carolina coincidence in particular.)

Barbara2 said:
I was thinking of the similarities today between Hacking and Raven. It doesn't mean anything in terms of the crime. I just find the coincidences interesting. (The Salt Lake City to North Carolina coincidence in particular.)
You're right. I would bet we may find it's more of a valid comparison than anyone realizes. The shamming of things about oneself.

Maybe Janet discovered, as Lori did with Mark's medical school BS, that Raven's embezzlement charges had some validity.

I'm thinking their apparently devoted mormonism might skew things as to predicting a lot of this, though. Religion will alter the normally predictable reactions of people in certain situations.

Opinion/ things I wonder about

I was looking at the search posted.. His name " Raven" is associated with a Derek Abaroa.. then nothing before 1999, leading me to believe that he possibily legally changed his first name.
In looking at what Rachael posted, I don't see any way that Abaroa was his INITIAL legal last name...

I have read of many men who changed their names after something went really " bad".. a crime before the embezzlement, perhaps?
Not saying this is true, just trying to put two and two together.
A narcissistic personality type is much more likely to think that HIS or her name is oh so important in the first place, again, if this is the true personality of this man, as it appears to be from what is available about him on the Internet and in the news.

Edited to add:
Found some deleted pics through a search at Internet Archives Wayback Machine.. search term "ravenstree.com". http://web.archive.org

Oh, and I wasn't really surprised to see that MOST of the deletes are of Janet...
And a few of " Raven" when he was a very pale, blue-eyed blonde.

ThinkofLaura
Gone so long, way before her time, and missed every minute of every day

Hi,
Sorry, haven't been to your site.. thanks for the link.
Also, since I am new, is it not correct forum practice to post the links here?
Just wondering, since I see a HUGE difference in " Raven's" appearance in 5 years, and most of the photos which look like another person have been deleted.
Could be significant in some way to a poster who recognized him as a very fair skinned blue eyed blonde with perhaps a different name.

Thinkoflaura said:
Hi,
Just wondering, since I see a HUGE difference in " Raven's" appearance in 5 years, and most of the photos which look like another person have been deleted.
Could be significant in some way to a poster who recognized him as a very fair skinned blue eyed blonde with perhaps a different name.

Whenever possible it's a good practice like to supply links for folks to see whatever your citing. When citing an article just quote enough to give the jest and supply the link. A great example would be to link each picture so we don't have to dig around to figure out what you're talking about.

Thinkoflaura said:
Hi,
As far as I know it's perfectly okay to post the links here. The reason I noted that I had that specific entry up is because it covered a lot of the territory you were mentioning -- it's heartening to see someone else who knows how to work the archive.org site -- ain't it awesome?

I believe, personally, that those who are thinking he might have radically changed his name or appearance are jumping the gun a little. However, I don't write it off as a possibility. It's a bit early to assume he truly is anything other than a raging narcissist. Things don't look good, though. Remember, they were only 25, they met in 1998 when they were 18. His history prior to that doesn't seem especially murky. I think I will do the timeline someone suggested to help clarify things.

It's very easy to go down some pretty primrose paths in this websleuthing game -- I speak from about 4 years experience in one manner or another now, having gone down some pretty complicated and silly paths -- but I personally need to do some more research before I go much further with Mr. Abaroa. My take on him is that he's not nearly as smart or subtle as I believe he may think he is, and if he is guilty -- which in spite of the bells going off he may be perfectly innocent -- it's his arrogance that will catch him up.

golfmom said:
Whenever possible it's a good practice like to supply links for folks to see whatever your citing. When citing an article just quote enough to give the jest and supply the link. A great example would be to link each picture so we don't have to dig around to figure out what you're talking about.

OK, here are the main things I found:
Wayback Machine Internet Archive main page to defunct "Abaroa home page"
http://web.archive.org/web/20010405225222/www.ravenstree.com/

EVERYTHING I found links directly off that page, :).

I found two things which jumped out at me. One is of Raven as a blonde, the other is of devout Mormon Janet in a string bikini, unsmiling...
Also, in one photo he simply calls her " A girl"

Here are the links-
Blonde Raven:
http://web.archive.org/web/20010828043518/ravenstree.com/images/Wedding/007.jpg

Janet in string bikini on what is said to be her 21st birthday at Virginia Beach:
http://web.archive.org/web/20010828102830/ravenstree.com/images/adventure/Pool_Jane.jpg

Do you see evidence that the photo has been photoshopped? I do, when I enlarge it.... not sure though.

Another unusual thing is that he simply calls her " A girl" in the next photo, not " Janet" or " My wife" or " She"...

Thinkoflaura said:
OK, here are the main things I found:
Wayback Machine Internet Archive main page to defunct "Abaroa home page"
http://web.archive.org/web/20010405225222/www.ravenstree.com/

EVERYTHING I found links directly off that page, :).

I found two things which jumped out at me. One is of Raven as a blonde, the other is of devout Mormon Janet in a string bikini, unsmiling...
Also, in one photo he simply calls her " A girl"

Here are the links-
Blonde Raven:
http://web.archive.org/web/20010828043518/ravenstree.com/images/Wedding/007.jpg

Janet in string bikini on what is said to be her 21st birthday at Virginia Beach:
http://web.archive.org/web/20010828102830/ravenstree.com/images/adventure/Pool_Jane.jpg

Do you see evidence that the photo has been photoshopped? I do, when I enlarge it.... not sure though.

Another unusual thing is that he simply calls her " A girl" in the next photo, not " Janet" or " My wife" or " She"...
I checked -- the ones you referred to do not appear to have been 'shopped -- I put it in MS Paint and blew it up to pretty much pixel-level, which always reveals pastes, etc -- but the observation that the "devout mormon" was in a revealing bikini is a really good one. Curiouser and curiouser and curiouser...

OK, here's what I am seeing: On the photo of Janet in the bikini, and NO OTHER of their photos, the photo appears to have, for a lack of a better term, squared off parts on Janet's right side only. Like the way a bad digital photo used to look.. Maybe that's what it is, but none of his other photos show this.
That's why I made the statement regarding photoshopping....

And do you not think she looks extremely unhappy? I can tell you that when I am photographed in a bikini ( not often these days, but still) I put on the biggest, most radiant smile I can. Janet also appears to be smiling in the other photos taken of her.. I think there's something not quite right about this photo, the setting, all of it.

Yeah, it's very strange that she would wear this swimsuit, and that HE would then post it on the Internet!!! The posting of it would be very hurtful to my heart if I was in her place, in her religion, with its beliefs in being covered up as much as possible for the appropriate activity.

Thinkoflaura said:
OK, here's what I am seeing: On the photo of Janet in the bikini, and NO OTHER of their photos, the photo appears to have, for a lack of a better term, squared off parts on Janet's right side only. Like the way a bad digital photo used to look.. Maybe that's what it is, but none of his other photos show this.
That's why I made the statement regarding photoshopping....

And do you not think she looks extremely unhappy? I can tell you that when I am photographed in a bikini ( not often these days, but still) I put on the biggest, most radiant smile I can. Janet also appears to be smiling in the other photos taken of her.. I think there's something not quite right about this photo, the setting, all of it.

Yeah, it's very strange that she would wear this swimsuit, and that HE would then post it on the Internet!!! The posting of it would be very hurtful to my heart if I was in her place, in her religion, with its beliefs in being covered up as much as possible for the appropriate activity.
Hi there... I work with photoshop and other adobe products professionally and i see what you are seeing. It appears that Janet was cropped all around her arms and body and placed in that photo. Very peculiar indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member