The padilla's knew this was coming down.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Or, they decided to play it...telling NO ONE about it...until they went in for the arrest. They waited until after five oclock so that Casey couldn't see a judge...so she'd at least have to spend the night, and maybe the weekend, in jail.

If Baez had known, he would have had Casey turn herself in, see the judge, get bail set, and then bond out.

I love that they waited until later tonight to do it. She's gonna have to wear that orange jumpsuit at least overnight.

LE is playing this brilliantly.

Baez in his calls with Greta and the screaming lady on NG SAID he knew and would have had her turn herself in...they just didn't go along with the fax he says he sent them offering! LOL

With how "cooperative" Casey's been, I can't imagine why he thinks they'd go along with any of his (or her) suggestions about how they handle this! :crazy:

"Now that was funny right there, I don't care who you are..."

LarrytheCableGuy.jpg

Welcome to WS, Tate!

:blowkiss:

I'm starting to wonder about that. If they had actual evidence of Caylee being dead or murdered, you would think she would have been charged already. I think the OCSO is tipping thier hands - all they had was a 400 page document that proves Casey is a liar. After that is released, she doesn't fess up, so then they release the air sample info. That turns up nothing so they arrest her for stealing Amy's checkbook. They got nothing IMO

Did you happen to notice that all of those 400 pages are of documentation obtained in July?

Nothing that has been discovered in the past month was included. Since there are at least a couple dozen LE officers working on this case, according to an interview Nieves gave a couple of weeks ago, the file on Miss Casey must take up a conference room by now.

Baez in his calls with Greta and the screaming lady on NG SAID he knew and would have had her turn herself in...they just didn't go along with the fax he says he sent them offering! LOL

With how "cooperative" Casey's been, I can't imagine why he thinks they'd go along with any of his (or her) suggestions about how they handle this! :crazy:

To JB I say, "Baloney." If he had known, he would have been at that house.

Defense attorneys get paid well to lie. In his case, it's notoriety, because I'm sure he's pro bono...

Did you happen to notice that all of those 400 pages are of documentation obtained in July?

Nothing that has been discovered in the past month was included. Since there are at least a couple dozen LE officers working on this case, according to an interview Nieves gave a couple of weeks ago, the file on Miss Casey must take up a conference room by now.
I think they are also squashing any rush to judgement, "you didn't look at anyone else" issues that may come up. They will be able to say they took their time and were sure before arresting her on seriuos charges.

I agree that he's ethical, but if he's coming on here to talk then I for one would appreciate he be straightforward. There's enough mumbo jumbo going on. We take what we do very here and we need the facts...just the facts.

It would be different if he wasn't answering questions; then, I'd say, yeah, stick to facts. But he's got to respond to questions to which he may know the answers yet rather not reveal them, or sometimes not know the answers yet rather not reveal that fact. He's got too much personality to keep writing "no comment." He hasn't posted any lies that I've seen.
Also, he's surrounded by a swarm of admirers, since his detractors are not allowed to post as such on that thread. Also, he's handsome so there's some :blowkiss: going on, too. I think it's sweet. He constantly reiterates that he is dedicated to finding Caylee; I think he's a real asset to this forum.

They've probably got Pods to handle it...lol.

Did you see the SO's release yesterday that they're not going to release any more info that might damage the integrity of the case?

http://www.ocso.com/LinkClick.aspx?link=MediaRelations/08.28.08_UPDATE+9.doc&tabid=547&mid=1936

Tony has said quite clearly that Leonard will not get his money back. I'd guess that Tony hasn't made a dime off this case with all of the expenses he's had (personnel, flights, RV, etc) *that 2nd part is IMHO
Leonard, by law, was required to actually pay the $50,000 to Al Estes Bail Bonds of Clearwater, FL. Even if the bond is revoked, he will still have paid the fifty thousand to the bondsman who posted Casey's bail.

Tony Padilla did NOT post Casey's bail. He is not licensed in Florida, and was therefore ineligible to post her bond. As far as I can tell, he is completely and legally out of the loop.

TP is not Casey's bondsman. (He just plays one on T.V.:crazy:)

I would love to know where all of that money is coming from for travel expenses, RV's, security...personal assistants... It sounds just like a budget for a ~movie set~! lol. imo. etc.

IMO, after George's meltdown this afternoon, I think LE went ahead and sought the warrant because once nightfall came, things could (and did) get ugly!

Now, that was a very vocal crowd outside and the propensity for violence increases. LE can pretty well book it that IF Casey does not stay in jail this time, they will have to keep coming out all weekend. A crowd anywhere usually has one or two smartazzes that will act out just to show off in front of others.

I think of the arrest tonight as warding off potential violence. They have probably had all of this info for a while and saved it to pull out when needed. I do not blame them.

Once Casey is booked in again on these charges, if LE wants to add more, all they have to do is call Casey back down to booking from her cell and add other charges. I honestly believe that LE has now turned the heat up and it can get a whole lot hotter before it is overwith!

JMO, & IMHO

It would be different if he wasn't answering questions; then, I'd say, yeah, stick to facts. But he's got to respond to questions to which he may know the answers yet rather not reveal them, or sometimes not know the answers yet rather not reveal that fact. He's got too much personality to keep writing "no comment." He hasn't posted any lies that I've seen.
Also, he's surrounded by a swarm of admirers, since his detractors are not allowed to post as such on that thread. Also, he's handsome so there's some :blowkiss: going on, too. I think it's sweet. He constantly reiterates that he is dedicated to finding Caylee; I think he's a real asset to this forum.

It's easy to be charming and answer questions with half answers and get away with it when posters are not allowed to show anything but admiration.

PS. I don't get the handsome part. Maybe I need new glasses.

I enjoy ANY kind of celebration with my friends!
Smooth move, LE.
Bright outlook on the weekend now.

Gee, I hope she gets bailed out in time to watch the parade in front of her house tomorrow. Or is that Sunday.
And Tim had to be around her: YIKES.

I would just like to add that my problem is not with TP. It is with LP's 'yes I am, no I'm not' flipflopping.

I respect TP having come on this board answering questions honestly. He did not have to and I respect him for that.

Very well said. I know from personal experience that vigilante justice is not the answer. My husband pretty much tried to kill a man with his bare hands that molested our daughter when she was 4. My husband faced more prison time than the molester. It is so easy to say that you would kill someone who harms your child and trust me you want to....but you have to think of the long term effects of your actions.

Oh, Mountainmama... I wish I could give you and yours all a big hug. For now, I'll send you a cyber hug along with hopes and prayers for all of you. It's such a terrible thing and I totally understand your husband's actions. I don't know what I would do if someone harmed my daughter, or anyone I love. For that matter, I don't know how I'd react if I was personally within reach of anyone who had hurt any child!

You're right though--vigalante justice is never right, though extremely tempting for everyone at one time or another, or over any particular subject. My hubby and I sometimes debate about punishment standards for criminals, and I find myself sometimes saying I wish terrible things would occur for capital punishment. I am definitely a death penalty supporter, at least for certain crimes. Hubby thinks that death penalty is right also, and also believes that for lesser crimes, we should still have the work camps. However, I'd like to see harsh deaths for many criminals. I do know it's wrong, and I do concern myself over rights and wrongs in case an innocent person is put to death, but I would support quicker fulfillment of death penalties. Some people don't deserve to live in our world. And innocent people do not deserve to be possibly exposed to evil.

Lisha

It's easy to be charming and answer questions with half answers and get away with it when posters are not allowed to show anything but admiration.

PS. I don't get the handsome part. Maybe I need new glasses.
I have to agree with you on both points.

I rarely go to the Tony threads for that very reason - there's a lot of primping and preening and praising, but not a lot of nitty-gritty, and it's a little light on real discussion.

That's OK, it's not as if there's anything hidden about the "must be supportive" mindset, it's just not my thing.

I would just like to add that my problem is not with TP. It is with LP's 'yes I am, no I'm not' flipflopping.

I respect TP having come on this board answering questions honestly. He did not have to and I respect him for that.

I have to agree with you.

I do respect him coming here to post but not any more than I respect everyone that comes here to post.

When you come here your questions, answers, and opinions are open to criticism the same as they are open to praise.

Or at least that is the way that I understood it to work, since I am a newbie.

It should be equal for everyone, shouldn't it?

IMO

I would just like to know if the surety company is going to revoke the bond because of these new charges. It is in the contract they will. I wish someone would have asked Leonard that tonite. Its driving me crazy. And no one had him on the local news or said anything about this old bond. They are just talking about the new cheapo bond.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum
Back