The padilla's knew this was coming down.

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Maybe they got tired of watching her disrespect the terms of her home confinement. I have never heard of anyone pushing it like she has.

My kid was on home confinement (without the monitor). He wasn't allowed to go any where except for court, lawyer visits (we didn't have any), and required classes. They told me that he could not even go out in the front yard and he didn't because I am obviously a meaner jailer than the ones at the jail. They had cops that came by to check on him every day, then every couple of days, then once a week. We never knew when they were going to show up.

Point being she and her lawyer have been pushing the envelope and getting away with it because she has a right to see her lawyer to work on her case. There is no way they have been working on her case this much.

This was a wake up call, I hope.

Let me ask a question...who here feels better knowing Casey is back in jail?

I agree...and as far as who picked her up...what difference does it make. Maybe the detectives wanted to be there because they were familiar with the family. I'd hate to send anyone new into the mix.

After seeing Cindy with the hammer, beatin the hell out of the signs, and George throwing Little Dude's stuff around on the lawn, yeah, I agree!!

Tony seems like a great guy and has some interesting things to say. But much of what he says is cryptic and could be interpreted to apply to just about anything that happens in this case -- things like (and these are not direct quotes) "Wow, lots of fascinating stuff I'll be able to tell you about later," and "Something's going to happen soon." We don't really have any evidence that the Padillas knew Casey would be re-arrested ahead of time.
Tony posted that he didn't want to revoke the bond but that Leonard did. He made some contradictory posts about which of them has the last word on the subject. It could have gone either way.
I don't think either Leonard or especially Tony is working with LE. That would just be so wrong for a bail bondsman -- who would use Tony's service if he might play around with you to hurt your defense?? I think Tony's a very ethical bondsman.
I agree that he's ethical, but if he's coming on here to talk then I for one would appreciate he be straightforward. There's enough mumbo jumbo going on. We take what we do very seriously here and we need the facts...just the facts.

Tony is not getting money back. It would be Leonard if he takes back the bond (the assets he put up). Thats what Greta means about taking back his money. Its the 500,000 surety. But I wonder if LP is going to do that??

Tony has said quite clearly that Leonard will not get his money back. I'd guess that Tony hasn't made a dime off this case with all of the expenses he's had (personnel, flights, RV, etc) *that 2nd part is IMHO

I, for one, hope she spends the night in jail so I don't have to do the 12 am to 6 am webcam shift.

Let me ask a question...who here feels better knowing Casey is back in jail?

I definitely do. The protests worry me. Not only is it creating even more chaos in an already chaotic situation, but I keep expecting them to turn into a full-on lynch mob. Mob mentality is real and very possible, even in today's age. Something like this case is infuriating. Not only do we have the natural human instincts to protect the innocent and most helpless of life, but this is like a direct slap in the face to those natural protective instincts. This case hits on all human nerves, and leaves us with anger, disgust and a strong wish for justice--all of which is the perfect fuel for an angrier mob than picketing protestors. It also seems like there is actually quite thin protection around that house. I think that is even more kindling for a mob.

And I don't say that because I believe she is innocent. I say it because it's a terrifying concept for civilization--we watch rioters in the news and think of them as in "other places" and not here.

And obviously, if Casey is hurt, or kills herself, we lose what is currently the only source of information about Caylee. Not to say that she will cave in, but right now it's our only hope unless TES can come up with the answer. To ignore the fact that Casey is our only source of info is like throwing away a chest of food when you're starving just because you can't pick the lock. Perhaps the right key will be found, or else a locksmith will appear, or even just the rust falls away and current efforts actually begin to work. In any situation, she's the current information source.

lisha

After seeing Cindy with the hammer, beatin the hell out of the signs, and George throwing Little Dude's stuff around on the lawn, yeah, I agree!!
My first laugh today...thanks QA!

PS-wouldn't you consider a hammer a weapon? Why would she have that...or knives, scissors, whatever for that matter.

IMO, I think the LE are "playing" this case out masterfully. They have been sitting on a handful of minor charges and are doling them out when they decide it is prudent to do so. They can string this along until they either run out of charges and/or shore up their case involving Casey's involvement in Caylee's death.

Once the LE files homicide charges, the window of discovery is set. LE's will have to turn over all evidence to the defense regarding the homicide charge after a certain period of time.

Maybe they got tired of watching her disrespect the terms of her home confinement. I have never heard of anyone pushing it like she has.

My kid was on home confinement (without the monitor). He wasn't allowed to go any where except for court, lawyer visits (we didn't have any), and required classes. They told me that he could not even go out in the front yard and he didn't because I am obviously a meaner jailer than the ones at the jail. They had cops that came by to check on him every day, then every couple of days, then once a week. We never knew when they were going to show up.

Point being she and her lawyer have been pushing the envelope and getting away with it because she has a right to see her lawyer to work on her case. There is no way they have been working on her case this much.

This was a wake up call, I hope.
Heck, they're even allowed to sit around and eat brownies!

Local news says Casey will have to go before a judge. Scheduled for 11:00AM Saturday. Judge will be the same one that put the high bond on her before so he could do it again this time. Let's hope so!

IMO, I think the LE are "playing" this case out masterfully. They have been sitting on a handful of minor charges and are doling them out when they decide it is prudent to do so. They can string this along until they either run out of charges and/or shore up their case involving Casey's involvement in Caylee's death.

Once the LE files homicide charges, the window of discovery is set. LE's will have to turn over all evidence to the defense regarding the homicide charge after a certain period of time.

I agree.

I think the manager threw it over the fence, but LE picked it up at 10PM that night, and no doubt its in forensics now.
And here I thought it was George all this time. I remember thinking "wow" he saved the garbage for them. Thanks!

Local news says Casey will have to go before a judge. Scheduled for 11:00AM Saturday. Judge will be the same one that put the high bond on her before so he could do it again this time. Let's hope so!
For real...it's the same judge? How did he get so lucky?

I, for one, hope she spends the night in jail so I don't have to do the 12 am to 6 am webcam shift.

Sleep well Dawn..she will not see a judge until tomorrow morning , about 11, per news reports. This means when she does, the judge can set bail..or he may decide with all the other happenings in this case to decide it is in the state's best interest and Casey's best interest to not allow bail and to rescind the other bail. Judges do what they gotta a do..but not until tomorrow morning sometime.

The LE spokesman just clearly said that they didn't seek a warrant until "late tonight."

Maybe Tony's psychic. :confused:

I just got back home and have to catch up, but just wanted to comment that the time the warrant was sought and signed is what I would like to know!

I'm confused again....(which happens often)

If LP & TP did not Revoke Casey's Bond because they knew that she was going to be arrested anyway how do you explain the fact that she could be out on a $300 bond in the morning ?

Won't LP & TP be back in this very same position tomorrow wondering whether they should or should not revoke the Bail?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evremevremm
Back