The padilla's knew this was coming down.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Judge doesn;t have anything to do with bond. People have the option of staying in jail until they see a judge who may or may not require bond..or they can post bond to get out before they see a judge..that's the idea so you don't have to stay in over the weekend.
But again that is how it works in CALI could be differnt in FL.

That sounds right considering it's a fraud charge but one can dream....hmm

That's right. The talking-head on nancy grace just said the same thing.

So I really don't see how this demonstrates some Padilla plan or foreknowledge.

I figured their "foreknowledge" might have been that Baez convinced them Casey would accept the limited immunity offer and be rearrested before the time limit expires anyway, and they asked LP and TP to hold off til that happens.

I didn't see this stuff tonight coming at all, even though I knew they had the reports and probably could do something about it anytime they wanted. I think it was a fantastic strategic move by LE!

I just remembered something -- I believe that radio guy that's always a guest on NG (Mark something maybe?) may have said to Jane that he knew from an impeccable source since early today that this was coming and even that it would come during that show. Anyone else catch that or did I hear incorrectly? If that's so and he was tipped off, maybe LP & TP were tipped off, too.

Tim Miller just said that Casey's been on the computer at home...that when he was there, she stayed in her room on the computer...that she came out to say hi, and then back to her room.

Does anyone have the bond agreement?

I think being arrested for another crime while out on bond automatically revokes your previous bail....Not positive, but fairly certain.

Thats what I thought too.

If that isn't the case, I wonder if Padilla will bond her out on this one too?

Baez just said that by arresting Casey LE is just trying to make it look like they are doing something because so far they have not done their job - which is to fine Caylee.

I find that statement to be utterly reprehensible - I can't believe he actually had the nerve to say it

ALSO... I wanted to add that even though Leonard is probably not officially in the loop as far as the legal evidence and documentation, I bet that he has some friends who tip him off at least a little. In a case this big, there cannot be a total black hole in terms of information--look how much is leaked to the press in almost any case. While this one has been surprisingly free of major leaks, I bet that it's not too hard to get SOME information if you're as close to the scene and players as Leonard is. Maybe they didn't orchestrate the entire thing, but maybe they DID know something before it happened. I don't think anyone is saying that the Padillas are omniescent, but rather that they probably DID know something was going to happen and so decided to let the natural course of things happen rather than perhaps face legal troubles by revoking the bond for a less-than-ideal reason (like the attorneys were arguing about last night on Nancy Grace).

Tony is not getting money back. It would be Leonard if he takes back the bond (the assets he put up). Thats what Greta means about taking back his money. Its the 500,000 surety. But I wonder if LP is going to do that??
He didn't look like it...what do you think?

She will be in jail overnight until a bond hearing and arraingement on these charges..she can not leave tonight prior to a bond hearing....that is her tough luck.

It will be interesting tomorrow to see who the judge is that she appears before to be arraigned and have the next bond hearing. If it is the previous judge he could be so incensed he'll set no bond at all................we'll have to wait and see.

And to whomever thinks Amy instigated this..no..she already had the money back from her bank..therefore it would be the bank pressing charges. If it was from Cindy and the bank covered the CC charges from Casey that were unauthorized..then the same again..the bank places the charges.

Tim Miller just said that Casey's been on the computer at home...that when he was there, she stayed in her room on the computer...that she came out to say hi, and then back to her room.

I'm positive that I heard one of the Talking heads say that one of the conditions of her Bond was no Internet use.

Whether it is true or not I don't know.

For those who were jumping all over Tony and Leonard about backing off on the revocation of the bond....why do you think they did it? Because they knew this was coming down. Why revoke when she is going to be arrested.

Yes, she has been arrested. Don't know what the charges are.

Who is that screaming woman filling in for NG? She owes L&P an apology.

Tricia,

My first knee-jerk reaction upon hearing the bail wasn't going to be revoked was to be angry at the Padillas. Then I took a moment to think about the things they've said, as well as the things that they HAVEN'T said and I had a strong feeling that they knew this was going to happen, so I decided to withhold judgement until next Tuesday. I am so glad I did and that Leonard and Tony proved that they were the stand-up gentlemen that we have come to respect over the past week! Thank you Tricia for giving us this amazing forum and bringing Tony Padilla here to graciously help us understand the motives behind their actions. They are heroes in my eyes and the arrest this evening couldn't have happened any more perfectly than it did! I cried deep tears of bittersweet joy to see justice being served and in having the faith I had in the Padillas validated! There is a special place in heaven for you, Tricia - and the Padillas too!!

:blowkiss:
Much love,
Wishingtree

Baez just said that by arresting Casey LE is just trying to make it look like they are doing something because so far they have not done their job - which is to fine Caylee.

I find that statement to be utterly reprehensible - I can't believe he actually had the nerve to say it
Now it's LE's fault. They have TES there right now. TES has to meet with LE before they go out and search. They've accepted TES's help. For Pete's sake...let his client tell them where Caylee is!!

No doubt about it, high-profile bonds men have plenty of people that will tip them off. He.. even in low / no-nothing bond cases they pay people for info, sure they are getting TONS of info in this case.

I have a feeling that Casey is going to be indicted for Murder within the next day or two.

ALSO... I wanted to add that even though Leonard is probably not officially in the loop as far as the legal evidence and documentation, I bet that he has some friends who tip him off at least a little. In a case this big, there cannot be a total black hole in terms of information--look how much is leaked to the press in almost any case. While this one has been surprisingly free of major leaks, I bet that it's not too hard to get SOME information if you're as close to the scene and players as Leonard is. Maybe they didn't orchestrate the entire thing, but maybe they DID know something before it happened. I don't think anyone is saying that the Padillas are omniescent, but rather that they probably DID know something was going to happen and so decided to let the natural course of things happen rather than perhaps face legal troubles by revoking the bond for a less-than-ideal reason (like the attorneys were arguing about last night on Nancy Grace).
JB knew (according to him) so goes to figure others did as well.

It IS disgusting. :furious: Even in the wildest scenario that they have made up, not one thing Casey has done has helped find her daughter. If he was so concerned that no one is doing their best to find Caylee, he should have been verbally berating his client on the news. After all, just SUPPOSING that the wildest scenario is true--that someone took Caylee and gave Casey a script, and that this person was a long-time acquaintance of Casey and the family, and that someone even planted a corpse in her car before taking it back out, Casey has information that would be more helpful than the proven lies. I do not believe her at all of course, and am not endorsing her story, but I am just pointing out that the single source of any lead is Casey, and she's been the one impeding the answer of where Caylee is right now.

Lisha

Baez didn't need to be there IMO. It's not like he is afraid that Casey is going to talk or anything.

Haven't read the rest of the thread, but I think that

a) Tony talked Leonard into...made him understand it from a business POV

b) It was planned all along to try to get someone talking.

If I hear Baez say one more time that "the focus of this investigation is and has always been finding Caylee" I think I'm going to throw up <---Sorry... I am so sick of him saying that and then telling Casey not to talk to anyone. Can anyone say hypocrite??? The only focus Baez has is to protect Casey. Now I know that is his job BUT why does he continue to say things about trying to find Caylee when they have not done EVEN ONE THING to prove this... God, it makes me sick!!!!

I have a feeling that Casey is going to be indicted for Murder within the next day or two.

I'm starting to wonder about that. If they had actual evidence of Caylee being dead or murdered, you would think she would have been charged already. I think the OCSO is tipping thier hands - all they had was a 400 page document that proves Casey is a liar. After that is released, she doesn't fess up, so then they release the air sample info. That turns up nothing so they arrest her for stealing Amy's checkbook. They got nothing IMO.

Also, is there a way to verify what Cindy said -about her calling the tow truck company and the driver telling her that that odor wasn't there when he towed the car? I'm not saying I believe her - I'm just wondering why she would say that..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCpsyche
Back