The padilla's knew this was coming down.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is great news. Quote from Cindy: Casey's not going anywhere.

Guess the joke's on you, Cindy. Could you and George be next?

Yep...When Tony said it would be sooner than you think, I thought something was up.....:woohoo:

Yes, he did say that something would be very soon when he was on a thread last night. Now, I hope someone knows if she will be able to bail out of this pretty cheaply or if her old bail will still be in place on the neglect and other charges.

Why would they bother saying they would not revoke her bond if they knew that she would be arrested tonight? Wouldn't it be more believeable, if they waited until after her arrest tonight then announce the reason they were waiting until Saturday was because they knew this would be happening.:confused:

I agree. They knew nothing of the sort. If they did then they played their cards very poorly.

so the question is, will Padillas revoke. The 3k bail will be easy to do. or does rearrest automagically dump the bond?

so the question is, will Padillas revoke. The 3k bail will be easy to do. or does rearrest automagically dump the bond?

Hi, JBean :)

That's what I'm wondering, too! I did hear the LE spokesman say her new bond was $3,000. But I didn't catch the whole press conference and don't know if it was mentioned whether the current bond is automatically revoked upon arrest. I would think with her violating the court's conditions by contacting a minor, along with the very real security issue (either against the family or from the family since they're at the boiling point) would be enough to revoke the bond for legitimate reasons, even if the new charges don't automatically trigger that.

Did y'all see within that horrid display outside the home tonite, some guy actually had a little girl lifted up above his shoulders for a better view of the arrest? A child! Brought to watch this spectacle. How disgustingly sick is that? :(

With all due respect to my fellow WS friends:
The Padillas had absolutely nothing to do with this. How could they haver any knowledge of this? There is new evidence.
At the beginning of the show Jane Velez Mitchell mentioned something about not to be surprised if it happens while we are on the air.
GIVE LE the credit they deserve!
Probably more on GVS.
Nieves said they got an arrest warrant signed by a judge.

Someone had to type it up, someone had to present it to judge. Meetings, phone calls, emails.... it's entirely possible that the Padilla crew was tipped off that this was imminent.

Isn't being arrested on a crime more serious than a traffic violation an automatic bond forfeiture?

Isn't being arrested on a crime more serious than a traffic violation an automatic bond forfeiture?
It doesn't work like that in CA, but I do not know about FL.

Just wondering if you heard this from the Padillas or if this is your opinion. Which I do respect, but...it kinda doesn't make sense.

Why would police wait until 8:30 PM on a Friday night to do it, if anyone knew it was coming?

FYI...Jane V-M is back with another LIVE version of NG -- not the repeat we usually see at 10pm. LIVE show.

Nieves said they got an arrest warrant signed by a judge.

Someone had to type it up, someone had to present it to judge. Meetings, phone calls, emails.... it's entirely possible that the Padilla crew was tipped off that this was imminent.

Then why make go on camera with JB and let JB say he was holding up to his promise. That makes no sense....but oh....it may be his last chance to grab the camera...doi!:bang:

Tricia, the bond on these new charges is only $3,000. Won't she be out again tonite? Unless the Padillas still revoke the bond this woman (I call her that loosely) will still be out of jail in a jiffy.

For those who were jumping all over Tony and Leonard about backing off on the revocation of the bond....why do you think they did it? Because they knew this was coming down. Why revoke when she is going to be arrested.

Yes, she has been arrested. Don't know what the charges are.

Who is that screaming woman filling in for NG? She owes L&P an apology.

I think being arrested for another crime while out on bond automatically revokes your previous bail....Not positive, but fairly certain.

Just wondering if you heard this from the Padillas or if this is your opinion. Which I do respect, but...it kinda doesn't make sense.

Why would police wait until 8:30 PM on a Friday night to do it, if anyone knew it was coming?

And you have to wonder why they waited to show it on live tv via the NG show. lol

I think LE has the goods on her & would really still prefer if she confessed so the people who are actually SEARCHING for Caylee can find her & move on to searching for children who really ARE missing.

I liked that she was re-arrested wearing the "Have You Seen Caylee" shirt. How ironic can you get? lol

Tricia, the bond on these new charges is only $3,000. Won't she be out again tonite? Unless the Padillas still revoke the bond this woman (I call her that loosely) will still be out of jail in a jiffy.

I think the court can possibly revoke the bond on its own without consent of the bondholder since Casey violated the court's condition of bail that ordered her to have no contact with minors. So if Tony doesn't terminate it, maybe the court will? Who knows, maybe an arrest will automatically trigger a revocation of the current bond (hoping!).

I bet Casey is home in the morning when we all get up. We will find she was brought home late tonite. All they need is $300.

After I realized she was being re-arrested, I did wonder whether the Padillas knew something like this would occur with the flip-flop on revoking the bail. However, I do think that the way it was done media-wise was not so smart. Of course, I haven't been able to catch up on any of the videos today or interviews w/ TP and LP. At the risk of asking for repetition of info already all over the boards, was the decision NOT to revoke made in statements directly from the Padilla family, or was it something that the media picked up on via leaks and other info?

Lisha

This is just a fortuitous thing that happened to fall in the Padillas' lap. I don't believe that he knew last night.

She can easily bond out if the bond is only $3000, unless Florida law is different from other state laws. It's not anywhere close to revoking a $500K bond.

Yes, but LE didn't haul her in for that crime and maybe don't even know about it or care. The official didn't mention that at all. Casey can bond out tonite I think. Probably in the morning. All they have to do is bring in the $300.

I think the court can possibly revoke the bond on its own without consent of the bondholder since Casey violated the court's condition of bail that ordered her to have no contact with minors. So if Tony doesn't terminate it, maybe the court will? Who knows, maybe an arrest will automatically trigger a revocation of the current bond (hoping!).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCpsyche
Back