The padilla's knew this was coming down.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Oh, Mountainmama... I wish I could give you and yours all a big hug. For now, I'll send you a cyber hug along with hopes and prayers for all of you. It's such a terrible thing and I totally understand your husband's actions. I don't know what I would do if someone harmed my daughter, or anyone I love. For that matter, I don't know how I'd react if I was personally within reach of anyone who had hurt any child!

You're right though--vigalante justice is never right, though extremely tempting for everyone at one time or another, or over any particular subject. My hubby and I sometimes debate about punishment standards for criminals, and I find myself sometimes saying I wish terrible things would occur for capital punishment. I am definitely a death penalty supporter, at least for certain crimes. Hubby thinks that death penalty is right also, and also believes that for lesser crimes, we should still have the work camps. However, I'd like to see harsh deaths for many criminals. I do know it's wrong, and I do concern myself over rights and wrongs in case an innocent person is put to death, but I would support quicker fulfillment of death penalties. Some people don't deserve to live in our world. And innocent people do not deserve to be possibly exposed to evil.

Lisha

Thanks for the kind words. I am happy to say that God/krama/or good old fashioned 'what goes around comes around' took care of that sicko recently. He died from a heart attack at 40yo. It was the best news EVER!! Thankfully the judge in my husbands case was a bit of a 'good ol' boy' and refused to hear anything the molester had to say and tossed my husbands charges out.

I would just like to add that my problem is not with TP. It is with LP's 'yes I am, no I'm not' flipflopping.

I respect TP having come on this board answering questions honestly. He did not have to and I respect him for that.
I am not so sure that LP flip flopped. The choice was not his alone to make. It was a joint decision between him and Tony.

I have to agree with you.

I do respect him coming here to post but not any more than I respect everyone that comes here to post.

When you come here your questions, answers, and opinions are open to criticism the same as they are open to praise.

Or at least that is the way that I understood it to work, since I am a newbie.

It should be equal for everyone, shouldn't it?

IMO

It IS equal for everyone. I usually have some 'out there' opinions, but everyone has been very nice to me. I have great respect for everyone's opinion as well as their right to it.

This has to be the most accurate, well run board on the 'net!

Welcome, from one 'newbie' to another! I have read here for years, but just was able to join not long ago!

:)

I am not so sure that LP flip flopped. The choice was not his alone to make. It was a joint decision between him and Tony.

Love ya, JBean, but I just have a different take on it.

It's easy to be charming and answer questions with half answers and get away with it when posters are not allowed to show anything but admiration.

PS. I don't get the handsome part. Maybe I need new glasses.
No kidding! I felt like a voyeur on some weird internet harem when I looked at that thread. It gave me the creeps.

Thanks for the kind words. I am happy to say that God/krama/or good old fashioned 'what goes around comes around' took care of that sicko recently. He died from a heart attack at 40yo. It was the best news EVER!! Thankfully the judge in my husbands case was a bit of a 'good ol' boy' and refused to hear anything the molester had to say and tossed my husbands charges out.

I am sending you a hug too. Both for what you and yours have been through and for the fact that when I first came here you made me feel welcome and like what I had to say was of value when others did not. For that I will always be grateful and if you ever need it, I got your back!

I have to agree with you on both points.

I rarely go to the Tony threads for that very reason - there's a lot of primping and preening and praising, but not a lot of nitty-gritty, and it's a little light on real discussion.

That's OK, it's not as if there's anything hidden about the "must be supportive" mindset, it's just not my thing.

Well stated, DianeB!

:clap::clap::clap:

For those who were jumping all over Tony and Leonard about backing off on the revocation of the bond....why do you think they did it? Because they knew this was coming down. Why revoke when she is going to be arrested.

Yes, she has been arrested. Don't know what the charges are.

Who is that screaming woman filling in for NG? She owes L&P an apology.

It's easy to be charming and answer questions with half answers and get away with it when posters are not allowed to show anything but admiration.

PS. I don't get the handsome part. Maybe I need new glasses.

I expressed to Tony I thought him and Leonard made a mistake. I really feel they did. He replied something like "Fair enough, I can take critisism" I didn't catch any flack for it from anyone. I saw alot of posters posting strong comments saying how they felt.

IMO The circus started WAY before they came to town--if anything, I think they were trying to control the circus.

In my opinion they created the circus that we just witnessed. If they would have left her in jail and let LE do their jobs then none of this would have happened.

JMO

No kidding! I felt like a voyeur on some weird internet harem when I looked at that thread. It gave me the creeps.

I just puked a little. I actually compared LP to Johnny Cash *doi* (sorry johnny). In my defense I was trying to be nice because I had a brief change of heart and felt so bad about being so hard on them....ends up I should have stuck with my first impression. Needless to say I went back and deleted that post. Meh, if they can change their minds so can I...

Yay for that judge. :clap:

Howdy. how so?

Well, as I had stated in a post before I had to leave today.

Leonard stated that if he had known what was in the 400+ pages of documents released, he would not have bonded Casey out.

Then he states he is going to revoke the bond on TV last night and this morning!

Then later today he states he is not going to revoke the bond.

Just gotta say that IMO, that is flipflopping.

It IS equal for everyone. I usually have some 'out there' opinions, but everyone has been very nice to me. I have great respect for everyone's opinion as well as their right to it.

This has to be the most accurate, well run board on the 'net!

Welcome, from one 'newbie' to another! I have read here for years, but just was able to join not long ago!

Thanks for the welcome.

I am sure that some of my opinions will be considered 'out there' as well.

This board IS great!

I just don't believe in treating someone different because they are famous or infamous.

So you mean LP wanted to leave BUT TP won't let him go?

Sorry when you clearly state IF you knew the whole sordid story you would NOT have gotten involved AND that NOW you don't believe the victim is alive anymore AND you are getting ZERO cooperation from the only one who knows where Caylee is AND you are sorry you ever got involved..... it seems pretty hard to justify still hanging on.

I think they call that throwing good money after bad money. And the only logical conclusion I can draw is that there are hopes of more good money in the future to recoup your investment & make a profit.

Maybe hopes of a 'white Bronco chase' kind of ending? What's a good movie or book without a climax?

Leonard stated that if he had known what was in the 400+ pages of documents released, he would not have bonded Casey out.

Then he states he is going to revoke the bond on TV last night and this morning!

Definitely flip-flopping, IMO.

I only mean that I don;t think he changed his mind and if he could have things his way he would revoke the bond.
But since it is not his decision to make alone, he may have not been able to. Tony was pretty clear that he did not want to revoke the bond and it was for Tony and Leonard to decide.
I just wonder if LP didn't flip flop as much as he just lost the coin toss.

If it was entirely up to him, then I would totally agree with you.

All your arrests have been in California?
Yes all my arrests. But, I did try to get arrested in Nevada once because I knew you would bail me out. But I was not caught.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum
Back