The padilla's knew this was coming down.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
LP wanted to revoke but TP did not. I am only repeating what TP said here last night.

Interesting.

I don't doubt TP said it.

But it really doesn't make much sense.

The $50 thousand is spent. The bond was issued. Sounds like a 'mission accomplished' to me.

What's the point in LP & crew hanging around playing security guard?

What's the point in continuing to go in front of the media.... will we get any closer to finding Caylee by knowing every single time LP changes his mind about Casey's refusal to cooperate with anyone?

PROFESSIONAL SEARCHERS are finally on the job.... to look for CAYLEE.... with or without the Mother of the Year's input.

Isn't LP's job to hunt down people IF they jump bond? I just don't get the whole thing.....

in this case, "was" is a linking verb -- linking the adjective "hinky" to the subject "something".

Don't know if you had a chance to read the link I provided the other night: http://www.englishmistakeswelcome.com/adjective_or_adverb.htm

was is a helping verb when it is used with a word like "singing" or "lying" (as in Casey) Casey was lying.

Hinky is *not* an action verb--- what exactly do you do when you hink?

more than 'nuf said on this subject ... now back to the hinky Casey story

Actually...your right.:bang: I did get it from a dictionary...I just thought it was a funny definition. My brain is fried and I have invested far to much into this to think straight. Will change it soon...maybe tomorrow...to late.

Interesting.

I don't doubt TP said it.

But it really doesn't make much sense.

The $50 thousand is spent. The bond was issued. Sounds like a 'mission accomplished' to me.

What's the point in LP & crew hanging around playing security guard?

What's the point in continuing to go in front of the media.... will we get any closer to finding Caylee by knowing every single time LP changes his mind about Casey's refusal to cooperate with anyone?

PROFESSIONAL SEARCHERS are finally on the job.... to look for CAYLEE.... with or without the Mother of the Year's input.

Isn't LP's job to hunt down people IF they jump bond? I just don't get the whole thing.....

TP did not want to revoke because bail isn't usually contingent upon perceived guilt or innocence. he felt there were some credibility issues regarding posting bond and then pulling it because incriminating info was revealed.
LP wanted to revoke it because he was pizzed!

As for the rest, I have no idea.

O/T
Yep, I am! Northeast La. as well! Got some Cajun relatives, some Florida ones, Texas ones, Virginia, and Army & Air Force!

No way! Do you know Tallulah? That is where I am from. I got relatives in some of the same places except for Virginia. Add Mississippi, and North and South Carolina.

LOL! 'Bondsmanville' would be a great name for an imaginary Real Estate Development on some swampland in Florida!

BTW, did I ever mention that I am in fact the online Queen of France? :)
No queenie you did not! merci beaucoup!

Actually...your right.:bang: I did get it from a dictionary...I just thought it was a funny definition. My brain is fried and I have invested far to much into this to think straight. Will change it soon...maybe tomorrow...to late.

And that night I could not even tell you what I typed....I drank an entire bottle of Reisling and I am surprised if I even made any sense because I certainly don't remember much of what I typed....Haha.

Definitely, the circus was underway before the Padilla's walked into the case... but they did add to it in a huge way. As much as the Padilla's knew this was coming down, I still have issues with TP implying to Fox35 that the reason he wasn't revoking was about upholding the reputation of his business. To me, that crawled right up my craw, because he has led a lot of us to believe that this was all about finding Caylee, not some business venture.

I wish them the best... maybe their hearts were in the right place, and yes they did try... but one has to admit that some of their actions do make it questionable, IMO.

But this is actually easily understandable.

I live in Wisconsin. I really wish I could be in Orlando voluteering for the TES team. But I can't. I can't leave my job, my family, etc.

IMO, I see it this way because if it would really adversely his business, I can see trying to keep it. Caylee's story is tragic, and we all want the ending to that story. Tony and Leonard may have made a mistake in going down there to begin with, but as Leonard himself said, "what's done is done." Now they must deal with everything as it is, a total change from what they anticipated.

Again, I do understand the emotional reaction--"if he really cared about Caylee, he'd be doing something to punish Casey." Trust me, I have that same reaction to most people in this situation, who are all close to Casey.

Did they make a mistake? More than once. But does that mean that Tony should now sacrifice his life (since it is his business apparently, he and his family do rely on his income) to pay for that mistake? That wouldn't help anyone. And to put ourselves in his shoes, all of us care about Caylee, and have been preaching since the beginning that this should be focused on Caylee, not Casey. But none of us are going to quit our jobs and fly/drive/walk to Florida. The majority of us can't do it.

So I do not find anything totally out of order for Tony to protect his career. I also do not find it HORRIBLY wrong that Leonard is gaining some fame and camera time. I feel that they are both good-hearted, and truly do have good intentions and have since the beginning. But good intentions are not exclusive from personal maintenance.

To critisize either Padilla for simply trying to maintain their jobs is like critisizing law enforcement because they are getting paid. It would be like critisizing and blaming the media since they are also obviously receiving benefits from this tragedy. It doesn't mean that they are not emotionally involved in this case, or that they don't care at all about Caylee. It just means that as we all do, they can and must juggle life and all of its necessities.

lisha

Why oh why oh why must we chide each other on who we give to or not give our support to. I'm no fan of the Padilla's, but I find it hard to digest others calling his supporters a "harem" and such. We are above this, people... seriously...
Elphaba, I have a ton of respect for you, and I always read your posts. :blowkiss:

I recall that someone tried to start a 'support only' thread for people who are desperately holding onto the hope that little Caylee is alive. That idea was rejected; a well-respected mod pointed out that there will be no threads for one opinion only. So I was very surprised to see all of this snuggling and stroking enforced, while there are very real and important questions to be asked and answered.

Such as... 'WHERE IS CAYLEE?'

Or...'FOLLOW THE MONEY?'

No kidding! I felt like a voyeur on some weird internet harem when I looked at that thread. It gave me the creeps.

I'm preparing for Gustav, running half-cocked all over town...it's been a really $hitty day.

THANK YOU for making me belly-laugh...my side is aching from laughing so much at that comment.

:blowkiss:

TP did not want to revoke because bail isn't usually contingent upon perceived guilt or innocence. he felt there were some credibility issues regarding posting bond and then pulling it because incriminating info was revealed.
LP wanted to revoke it because he was pizzed!

As for the rest, I have no idea.

Thanks, JBean.

Like I said, I can go along with the decision not to bother revoking. Heck, I don't even think Casey is worth the paperwork involved to revoke her bond. lol

I'm in full support of the right to bond out but I also think BOTH (all) sides should live up to their promises & if not then I think credibility shouldn't be an issue.... since a person has every right to expect the same good faith he has displayed.

Please know, I am not arguing with you, JBean.... OR even expecting you to defend someone elses' position...... just explaining how I feel. :)

Thanks, JBean.

Like I said, I can go along with the decision not to bother revoking. Heck, I don't even think Casey is worth the paperwork involved to revoke her bond. lol

I'm in full support of the right to bond out but I also think BOTH (all) sides should live up to their promises & if not then I think credibility shouldn't be an issue.... since a person has every right to expect the same good faith he has displayed.

Please know, I am not arguing with you, JBean.... OR even expecting you to defend someone elses' position...... just explaining how I feel. :)
OH! I didn't take any of it as an argument. I am just telling what I know :)

I think the bolded makes the case for honoring the bond.

Elphaba, I have a ton of respect for you, and I always read your posts. :blowkiss:

I recall that someone tried to start a 'support only' thread for people who are desperately holding onto the hope that little Caylee is alive. That idea was rejected; a well-respected mod pointed out that there will be no threads for one opinion only. So I was very surprised to see all of this snuggling and stroking enforced, while there are very real and important questions to be asked and answered.

Such as... 'WHERE IS CAYLEE?'

Or...'FOLLOW THE MONEY?'
I think Padilla is a unique situation. TYpically public people are fair game for both positive and negative posting. But, it is also against TO to bash another member. So he falls into two categories because he is a meber AND a public figure. So, imo to have designated no bashing thread made sense, because bashing was more or less allowed elsewhere.

OH! I didn't take any of it as an argument. I am just telling what I know :)

I think the bolded makes the case for honoring the bond.

Glad you understood, JBean. I know emotions are running very high due to this sad case.

See... I don't believe BOTH sides lived up to the original terms. I believe the Padillas were sucked into this under false pretenses. And now I look at LP and can't stop thinking of Brokeback Bounty Hunter..... he just can't quit the Casey trainwreck.

(Yep. I also believe LP is more interested in staying in Florida than TP is.... despite the 'official' story for public consumption)

Glad you understood, JBean. I know emotions are running very high due to this sad case.

See... I don't believe BOTH sides lived up to the original terms. I believe the Padillas were sucked into this under false pretenses. And now I look at LP and can't stop thinking of Brokeback Bounty Hunter..... he just can't quit the Casey trainwreck.

(Yep. I also believe LP is more interested in staying in Florida than TP is.... despite the 'official' story for public consumption)
I never take any posts of a differnt viewpoint in a personal way. I just hammer it out with whomever and see what shakes out. Don't ever shy away from disagreeing with my pov. We may totally agree on another topic tomorrow. It's all well intentioned imo.

I'm preparing for Gustav, running half-cocked all over town...it's been a really $hitty day.

THANK YOU for making me belly-laugh...my side is aching from laughing so much at that comment.

:blowkiss:
LOL! You're very welcome. :D

Batten down the hatches! Sweet Toto, after this circus, we sure ain't in Kansas anymore. I hope you have plenty of ice and water, and I also hope that when your power is restored, you will awaken on a bright sunshiney morn to find that this whole sordid ordeal is over. :blowkiss:

I think Padilla is a unique situation. TYpically public people are fair game for both positive and negative posting. But, it is also against TO to bash another member. So he falls into two categories because he is a meber AND a public figure. So, imo to have designated no bashing thread made sense, because bashing was more or less allowed elsewhere.

There's a world of difference between "bashing" someone & from telling someone you disagree with them.

Originally the TP thread was "questions only" & I think that made a lot more sense.... people asked specific questions & maybe got an answer.

Ok...got a new siggy...fitting for me since I need to eat my own words. Off to bed for me. Goodnight all!

I never take any posts of a differnt viewpoint in a personal way. I just hammer it out with whomever and see what shakes out. Don't ever shy away from disagreeing with my pov. We may totally agree on another topic tomorrow. It's all well intentioned imo.

Thanks, JBean. I'm the same way.... I don't mind disagreeing with someone... I just like to understand WHY they feel differently. If they have a good reason, it might convince me to change MY own point of view.

There's a world of difference between "bashing" someone & from telling someone you disagree with them.

Originally the TP thread was "questions only" & I think that made a lot more sense.... people asked specific questions & maybe got an answer.
OH my gosh yes. But the first night Tony was here some of the posters were extremely rude and it was embarrassing for the forum. It was bad. Hence the need to tell people to be polite. It's sad when the owner has to actually tell us to treat out guests with repsect.

For those who were jumping all over Tony and Leonard about backing off on the revocation of the bond....why do you think they did it? Because they knew this was coming down. Why revoke when she is going to be arrested.

Yes, she has been arrested. Don't know what the charges are.

Who is that screaming woman filling in for NG? She owes L&P an apology.

LOL, I do believe she was referred to as a cockatoo last evening. She is the adult poster child for ADD. I posted earlier to let it play out, let the whole story come out and then decide.. I think we now know..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum
Back