The Phone Calls in the early morning of Dec.18, 2013 (both PayPhone & cells)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
OT...For those "BOZ' fans in NC, he is lead in the Oakwood home invasion trial that is being live streamed on Wildabouttrial.com Four home invasion committed by brothers, with the last one being very brutal against the husband and wife.

I wonder how far back they can retrieve messages? Hopefully they have all of 2013. Imagine having to go through all those messages....

Is it a requirement to wear a shirt and tie? If not, he really could have gone without a tie if he didn't want to wear it.

I don't know for sure if it's something required but I do know that it's something most laywers tell their clients to show respect to the court. I think he should have ditched it, frankly I don't think his lawyer paid it much attention. :dunno:

I FINALLY FOUND THIS!!! omg!! now I'm so exhausted, arfg. I can hardly read.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Jumping off your timeline of calls, I tend to wonder what she did between the time she got off the phone with roomie and called the pay phone. This was about a half hour and it was just shy of an hour since SM called her from the pay phone. Then I wonder why wait another 45 min before she called his phone. What happened in those 45 min? What did she do?
With this info it seems indicative that she was expecting a return call from SM, didn't get it, then started calling the numbers but waiting some. It was during her call to him that made her leave the house and head to ptl. So if the Ms had planned this well in advance, as some speculate, what if she never tried to reach him again that night? That 3:17 am call set things in motion, sadly.

I think she probably was either talking or texting with her roommate. I think the roommate has a lot more information than we know about yet and she's doing a great job keeping her mouth shut until the trial.

As far as all of her phone calls to him once she arrived at the landing, maybe she was worried about him. Maybe he was having some sort of breakdown and said he wanted to harm himself or something (either true or not).

Jumping off your timeline of calls, I tend to wonder what she did between the time she got off the phone with roomie and called the pay phone. What happened in those 45 min? What did she do?

snipped by me for space.

We do know that she posted for approximately 20 minutes on a social media site that we don't mention here. that was until around 2:10 am. Then approx. 20 min unaccounted for until she begins calling the pay phone.

MOO of 3:17: TM didn't plan this out for this date at this time, but I do believe she role played in her head over and over like a movie scene, envisioned the scenarios of what she would do if x, y or z happened. Then acted out on those fantasies when the phone rang that night. SM is just as guilty in my book.

JMO I doubt very much SM has confessed. LE would not cover this up IMO and the search that resulted in the arrests, IMO, had to be planned for more than a few hours, i.e before SM ended up in hospital. Confessions are not going to happen, IMO, while Heather remains missing. They have far less to lose by not talking.

BBM

I agree. The kidnapping and murder warrants for both SM and TM are dated 2/18/14, several days before the search and arrests.

http://www.myhorrynews.com/collection_aa3b86c4-9d83-11e3-a412-001a4bcf6878.html

LE has stated that the M's cell was at their home at 3:17am and Heather was at her apartment at that time...and that after that call Heather got in her car and drove to PTL...LE has not said anything about Heather driving anywhere else or her phone pinging from any other place but her home and PTL...LE has only said that the M's phone was at their home...so, imo, the above scenario would not fit

Someone else could have been at that home receiving the calls. My point is that without positively having them at home on the other end, causes doubt.

Someone else could have been at that home receiving the calls. My point is that without positively having them at home on the other end, causes doubt.

I feel pretty confident that video surveillance places the Ms at home when LE says they are at home. I don't think they've assumed this info. JMO

Has there ever been a confirmed report/statement by LE that the last ping was at 6:00 at PTL?

I know the info has been on the web, but is it part of the LE record?

if there was could we really trust it to be the truth?

Yes it has, and one that interests me because it will have to be eventually pinned down.

This is for reference about what was said just about the "communications" during the PC with Chief Rhodes, during which she also talked about the large, multi-agency task force:

"Investigators also confirmed earlier reports of cell phone communications between Heather Elvis and Sidney Moorer, a 38-year-old Horry County man with whom police records state she had a relationship history.

"Those communications occurred as late as 6 a.m. Dec. 18, police records state."

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_ada6ad1c-8f77-11e3-8ca7-001a4bcf6878.html
Someone else - not me, I can't take credit for it - had a great observation/theory about this discrepancy, it was probably lost in the general thread/forum Hokey-Pokey -- they said, for instance, we have been told about the various 3am CALLS made by Heather to SM, one answered etc.....nothing about any texts that may have been sent by her..... IF SM phone was turned OFF after the 3:17 call and Heather sent a text in the 3am hour, it would just be 'sitting out there', waiting to be delivered to his phone, again for example, if it was TURNED BACK ON around 6am.

if there was could we really trust it to be the truth?

If there was an account of what the phone did in activity or pings after 3:41 and a statement that the final ping was at 6:00 a.m. at PTL, I would buy it.

Otherwise, I think the "roundabout" reference is probably a way of saying they gave a very loose timeline on the the phone's last activity, and I'm including pinging in that.

Could be wrong, but if so, that affects the M's timeline at PTL and implies that the vehicle movement at the stated times was not the only movement.

OkieGranny, as I understand it, no need for PH w/ GJ indictment. Pros and cons there....

They may still hold a hearing to enter a plea.

Someone else - not me, I can't take credit for it - had a great observation/theory about this discrepancy, it was probably lost in the general thread/forum Hokey-Pokey -- they said, for instance, we have been told about the various 3am CALLS made by Heather to SM, one answered etc.....nothing about any texts that may have been sent by her..... IF SM phone was turned OFF after the 3:17 call and Heather sent a text in the 3am hour, it would just be 'sitting out there', waiting to be delivered to his phone, again for example, if it was TURNED BACK ON around 6am.

i can imagine since he was not answering and she was obviously urgently trying to reach him, that she was also sending texts- i do both when worried about kids and getting no answer

Unless SM talks and really gets honest (doubt it), I don't think we'll ever know what went on in their relationship. I don't even think the roommate necessarily knew the whole story.

This strikes me as a case of many secrets in the lives of all parties.

I have thought too Heather and SM may have fantasized about a future together which included Florida and maybe Disney- and if TM got hold of any of that, that would have helped send her over the edge- SM having a new princess ruining her Disney fantasy world, and it seems her whole world.

Just wondering if even a vague remark made in earliest interviews, like "I think she texted/called me around 6am" could have been why it was included in police report,,later turning out to be incorrect.

the more i read and think about this case, the more I feel like there is so much more evidence regarding the Moorers psychotic behavior, TM abuse and harassment towards Heather, against each other, certainly eye witnesses to these behaviors, communications, that even circumstantially a strong case will be built, the biggest mystery is what did they do with Heather- the river would be most convenient, then there are many places to hide a body in the area, just look at all the missing cases and the recent Murrells Inlet fellow who evidently put AP in the water, at least they had been looking for her or parts of her there.

I had second cousin- female- who killed a man in NC with a knife, brought his body back in the car trunk to SC where she was raised and buried him in a old graveyard, not used in many, many years. Close to the landing where they were looking for AP. Apparently when in town to hide the body, she stopped by my friends from whom she rented a storage building, and paid her bill- may have had the body in there for a while, who knows. It was months before she was arrested and her boyfriend was arrested first, so they may have done it together and he implicated her. I think LE had a good idea who did it very early on but needed to get evidence and try to figure out where body was. Once arrested she brought LE back to SC and showed them. Long post, but people come up with, all kind of things when getting rid of a body. Sometimes guess the most convenient, easiest method could go undetected as long as a great plan for the body. She is doing life, by the way, no parole chance that I know of.

I must have misunderstood. I didn't recall reading that they have video surveillance of them at home. That changes many scenarios that many of us have discussed. I thought they said the video said the Moorer's vehicle.

Per TM's posts on the Disboards, there were security cameras all around her house. And there's also the power station thingy across the road that might have cameras as well. Maybe LE has video footage they haven't mentioned yet?

Per TM's posts on the Disboards, there were security cameras all around her house. And there's also the power station thingy across the road that might have cameras as well. Will be interesting to see if any of that comes into play later on.

The original comment I made was about who was on SM's cell phone that night. Based on what I have read in MSM and heard from LE, they have video, but of the Moorer's car. To my knowledge, they have not stated they have the Moorer's in it or that one of the Moorer's was on the other end of that call. That's why I stated someone else could have been on that call. All I was doing, along with everyone else was speculating and tossing out scenarios. I am not confident of anything at this point. I don't think anyone is really.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89
Back