The Possible Abuse of Caylee REVISIT

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
i'm sure i'll be strung up for this but i don't see anything weird with caylee sleeping in the same bed as KC and RM.

i mean, its not like they were having sex with her right there sleeping soundly.....gross!

there are many many families that actually have "family bed" and small children sleep with their parents all the time. what is different with KC and RM, if RM is a close family firend (to KC and caylee) and she knows and trusts him and has seen him many times?

when my daughter was young we would sometimes travel to the other coast for a beach weekend with a close, and male, friend of mine. after a long night of disney movies and junk food, we would all collapse in a heap and sleep on his bed.

this is not the same as turning tricks with your infant daughter sleeping one blanket over.

Not judging you, but I don't think it is appropriate for a child to sleep with any male that is not her father. Who knows what could happen once mom is sleeping? JMO

Don't forget the name calling -- snot head -- is emotional abuse and has damaging impacts. If she said it to others, that was the tip of the iceberg.

or did CA/GA (tempers) also have a hand in the brusing etc of CAYLEE?
The baby lived with the 3 ..................

What bruising of Caylee? My gosh, there are photos and videos of that girl from practically every day of her short little life. In ONE picture she has what might be a bruise under he eye and now everyone in the family beat her???? Find me a 2 year old who doesn't have a bruise somewhere on their body. That would be, IMO, an abused child - one who is not allowed to romp and play.

Unbelievable.

A family bed is a totally different thing. You cannot have your daughter in bed with every Tom, Dick and Harry you decide to er....well do. That child would have been so confused.

certainly not with every tom dick and harry.
i was under the impression that it was JUST ricardo.:ashamed0005:

I have pictures my oldest daughter, twice had a big old knot on her head - I think about 16 months and 3 years old - she fell on the cocktail table - once at my house and once a my parents house - THANK goodness no one though I was abusing my child

My youngest daughter got called into the nurses office, I think she was about 13 - she had cuts on her arms - they called me and thought that my daughter was cutting herself - I went in and I had cuts on my arms too - we were new cat owners - who knew kittens scratched the heck out of you! LOL we sure didn't have a clue then!

The point is - there are bruises and cuts and then there are BRUISES AND CUTS - an I don't put too much confidence in Cindy's nursing ability - she said Casey wasn't preg at 7 months! and then said a dead body smell was pizza left in the trunk (okay we know that one was changed cause it was better for Casey) So Yuri had reasonable evidence that showed some kind of abuse

If Caylee was given some kind of sleeping medicine - she could easily have fallen a lot being so groggy and the bruises could have come from that - just a thought

its never right to bring your kids to adult parties, and its the parents' responsibility if, upon arriving they note that this not a child-friendly party, to find somewhere else to be.

what behavoir unlike a 2yo was she exhibiting?? i have not heard anything about this... interesting....:)
IIRC, Amy said Caylee was flirting beyond what a 2 year old would do.

i watched the bond hearings last night for the first time and found the testimony of YM interesting where he said they got a tip from a hairdresser that said she saw caylee with bruises all over her arms and legs and a mark under her eye...YM then found a photo of caylee that had been posted online showing a mark under her eye which in his mind substantiated the hairdresser's claims and that in turn led him to question the A's about the kind of mother casey is, how she would discipline caylee, etc.
i have no doubt caylee experienced some form of physical and emotional abuse at the hands of her mother and it amazes me that cindy, a registered nurse, did not see that. (or if she did, she ignored it or took too long to take any action)

Hi, I missed YM's testimony during the bond hearings, I had no clue that they were released. I had only seen snippets. Would you be so kind as to post a link so that I can hear his testimony please? TIA

She was the mother - just how were they suppose to stop her? I don't for a minute think CA ALLOWED KC to drag Caylee around town --- I just don't think there was much she could do about it!!!
Pick up a phone and call social services ... again and again and again with every single tidbit she had. If her alarm bells were going off ... protecting the minor child comes first in my book.

its never right to bring your kids to adult parties, and its the parents' responsibility if, upon arriving they note that this not a child-friendly party, to find somewhere else to be.

what behavoir unlike a 2yo was she exhibiting?? i have not heard anything about this... interesting....:)

I'll have to find the links - there were a few friends that said that Caylee would say things to men that wasn't what a 2 1/2 yr old would be saying - I have to find it, I remember it distinctly because my oldest daughter was taught by her uncle to say hubba hubba or hunka hunka burnin' love at boys - it was an Elvis thing, stupid but hey it was harmless I thought

I'll see if I can find it

"The Anthony's didn't love Caylee enough to keep her safe and they didn't love her more than KC. CA must save KC at all costs. IF CA had loved Caylee enough she would NEVER have let KC take her off at nite to spend the nite in various boyfriends beds, laying around on couches at parties where there was booze and drugs and who knows what else and sleeping where? In the trunk of the car??? CA didn't care enough about Caylee to find out what sort of life the poor child was leading. Caylee was a VERY abused child. I wish to God someone had called child protective services long ago."

This post was on another thread, but it says things so well I thought it is worth a thread of its own.

From the time I read that Casey was taking this small child along with her to parties where the child had to sleep on the sofa while mommy partied with her friends I immediately thought "child abuse".

Then when I read about her having the child sleep in the bed with her and boyfriend Rico - I was apalled!

I believe somewhere along the line Cindy stated (either at a hearing or in one of her interviews) that prior to Casey leaving on June 16th that there were very few nights when she and Caylee were not at home. Does anyone really believe this?

These grandparents were financially supporting Casey and allowing her to drag this poor tot around town with her, yet knew she was irresponsible to the extent of stealing regularly from them and that she had expanded to stealing from other family members as well.

I just cannot fathom the scenario that George and Cindy thought Casey was at work and that Caylee was with a babysitter or nanny. I cannot fathom that they did not have any interest in KNOWING who was caring for their grandchild while Casey "worked".

Hi everyone, I'm new here posting but reading along for weeks.

Your last sentence AlwaysShocked, surprises me as well. Caylee was living under their roof her entire life and they had no idea who was babysitting her while KC had a non-existent job?

Did anyone in the house ever discuss who was watching Caylee when the parents were unable to? KC never gave the fake babysitter's phone number to her GA or CA in case of an emergency? Very odd and suspicious. I'm starting to believe there has been a lot more going on in their household that we may never know.:waitasec:

Although I think it is not terribly wise to take small children to parties where alcohol and drugs are served, it's done all the time. Heck, my husband and I took our little ones to parties and campouts all the time! I do think Casey was indifferent to the needs of her little girl, that she was satisfied to have her parents take care of the child's needs, but Casey's close friends have stated that they never saw any abuse or anything expressed but love between Casey and Caylee...indifference becomes abuse when the child's needs fail to be met, but I'm not sure exactly when the situation changed from a loving but indifferent mom to a mom who truly didn't give a carp and was able to put duct tape across those tiny lips. But I suspect it started immediately upon Casey leaving the home and realizing Mommy was going to be responsible for her child from now on.

I'm not quite sure how that translates into abuse by Cindy? Do we know that Cindy knew Caylee was being taken to parties? Or was she being told that Casey was bringing Caylee to the nanny?

The quote included in the first post assumes that Cindy and George knew Caylee was being dragged from pillar to post, and there isn't enough information to know if that is true or not. There is also no way for the original poster to have any clue to how much Caylee was loved.....I think her grandparents loved her very, very much. Caylee was "Nan's sunshine" wasn't she?

There's such a thing as being willfully blind to the warning signals. (Don't wanna know.)

We do know that Caylee was exposed to Casey's 'parties' and was showing behavior that was not like a 2 1/2 year old

what behaviour did she show that was unlike 2 1/2 year olds? just asking, refresh my memory please.

and i agree with most of the rest of your post! don't know why i snipped it now.

IIRC, Ricardo later explained that photo of Caylee with a mark on her face as having happened at his apt. Cayle tripped/feel and hit the edge of a coffee table. Sounded true to me.
Yes. I'm not saying Casey might not have hit Caylee, but if bruises were evidence of abuse, the array on my 20 month old son would have me incarcerated! In a three day span, he tripped, banged his lip and eye on the tile floor, and then banged his head on the doorframe as he went flying from one room to another. Yesterday he picked up his little chair and smacked himself in the nose with the back of it. I spend every moment just trying to get him to survive a typical day, LOL.

Of course, a three year old shouldn't be quite as prone to clumsiness as a not-quite-two year old. My sister's son is just a couple months older than my son and it's like night and day. The 18-24 month stage seems like constant evolvement.

It depends on what is going on at the party and how many people are there. If it's a huge blowout with drugs and booze and tons of people everywhere, many of whom KC didn't know, that's different from a few friends getting together for some beers (and smoking weed which is not right, but not quite as bad as an array of other illegal substances)

I agree with the gist of what you're saying in terms of relativity, although people do stupid things even on just beer. Get loud, swear, etc. Not the best environment for a child--and I don't allow smoking of any kind within 50 feet of my children.

I know what you're saying in terms of Casey, though. I just have no problem believing Caylee saw some pretty adult things. There's been a lot of innuendo here and elsewhere about sex parties, etc. If she was exposed to that....gah. Casey doesn't seem the type to sacrifice a good time in order to make sure Caylee was elsewhere.

Don't forget the name calling -- snot head -- is emotional abuse and has damaging impacts. If she said it to others, that was the tip of the iceberg.

If there was abuse going on, I don't believe it was physical, knocking her around type of thing - this would have been noticed at some point. But, I would bet that KC has a Jekyll/Hyde personality (not saying multiple), but amongst people and family she appeared to be the caring loving parent.

Alone with Caylee, she probably screamed and hollered at her constantly, called her snotnose and other names and was mean and a bully to her. Caylee of course could not have voiced this behavior.

Abuse, yes. But noone else saw it.

We don't know that they didn't have sex.

Keyword here is family. The child's father. It's not like she was dating this man for years, it only amounted to 4 months?

Uh uh. Not acceptable at all.

And even a close family friend, uh uh, not acceptable. Sorry.

I would never do this to my son. Never. It's the floor, separate room or a hotel.

A slight step above.

no way is this a step above turning tricks but everyone is entitled to their opinion, however rash.

.....is this unacceptable behavior if the longtime family friend is male only? or is it also unacceptable to share a bed on vacation if the family friend is female? what if the family friend is female and she had a son?

there seems to be a gender issue here. if one can not trust one's close family friends with their children, perhaps some new friends are in order.
side note: re who knows what happens when she falls asleep coudl happen just as easily or more so in the next room. (gross to even think about, i know)

i am not in any way condoning casey's behavior on ANY occasion, but i dont find anything odd about platonically sharing a bed if it was ONLY ricardo and if she had known him a very long time (which apparently she hadn't).

either way, i dont consider this to be abuse of caylee, nor do i think that taking her inappropriate places was ABUSE, just EXTREMELY poor judgement.

i got the feeling from the original post on this thread that the assumption was that it was bordering on abuse for CA & GA to not have stopped KC from behavior that was questionable at best.... i don't think its quite fair to claim that they abused her via neglect. KC was her mother and responsible (legally and morally) for the day to day interactions with caylee.

or did CA/GA (tempers) also have a hand in the brusing etc of CAYLEE?
The baby lived with the 3 ..................

Flower, has there ever been even a slightly documented report that Cindy or George EVER hit Caylee? Don't you think that would have been all over media if there was even a slight suspicion that they beat that child?

Being mad at your lying, theiving, mooching adult child doesn't mean you beat her baby.

This case is bad enough. I don't see the profit in throwing out unsubstantiated allegations.

There's such a thing as being willfully blind to the warning signals. (Don't wanna know.)

And is there any evidence that Cindy and George were willfully blind to Caylee being dragged from party to party? No? Is there any evidence that the grandparents believed their daughter had a sitter for Caylee? Yes.

Your last sentence AlwaysShocked, surprises me as well. Caylee was living under their roof her entire life and they had no idea who was babysitting her while KC had a non-existent job?

Did anyone in the house ever discuss who was watching Caylee when the parents were unable to? KC never gave the fake babysitter's phone number to her GA or CA in case of an emergency? Very odd and suspicious. I'm starting to believe there has been a lot more going on in their household that we may never know.:waitasec:

Nope. They had no idea KC didn't work, and didn't have a sitter.

What bruising of Caylee? My gosh, there are photos and videos of that girl from practically every day of her short little life. In ONE picture she has what might be a bruise under he eye and now everyone in the family beat her???? Find me a 2 year old who doesn't have a bruise somewhere on their body. That would be, IMO, an abused child - one who is not allowed to romp and play.

Unbelievable.

I don't think Caylee was abused at all. That final day is different, as no one knows what happened, but I am sure it wasn't at the hands of anyone other than Casey. GEorge and Cindy seemed to love her more than Casey, and if they thought for one second something such as what did was going to happen, Casey would not have left home with Caylee ever.
I do think its sad, along with Chilly that because a child has a bruise, that they are all of a sudden being abused. G

Hi, I missed YM's testimony during the bond hearings, I had no clue that they were released. I had only seen snippets. Would you be so kind as to post a link so that I can hear his testimony please? TIA

YM's testimony at casey bond hearing-states he received a tip regarding bruises on caylee's arms, legs and eye
http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/M....jsp?contentId=7039465&version=1&locale=EN-US

IIRC, Ricardo later explained that photo of Caylee with a mark on her face as having happened at his apt. Cayle tripped/feel and hit the edge of a coffee table. Sounded true to me.
I can't quite see CA being physically abusive to Caylee, but I can see her using Caylee as an emotional pawn in her games with KC. Whether Caylee was too little for this to have left a lasting effect will never be known.
~cut for space

Ricardo was the cop? if so, he's a known liar, i don't believe him...i never said that cindy abused caylee, i think casey did though and either cindy was too blind to see it or too late to do something about it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back