the question phase continues: Arias on the stand for the 18th day #84

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
giving JA more time to figure out her fog , is all it's doing.

"Did she use this piece of duct tape to attach the knife to her body when she sneaked back into the house/bathroom???" [from thread #83]

I think she could have used the duct tape to fasten either the knife or the gun to her lower leg/ankle area. the part of her story where she's squatting down by the shower is when she actually squats down to get the weapon. this would be consistent with wearing sweatpants with a zipper on the leg. still don't know if she surprised him with just the camera in her hand, or the camera and one of the weapons. I think it was the camera and one of the weapons. then she squats down, drops the camera, and grabs the other weapon from her ankle.

No, I don't believe she used it for that. In the nude photo of Travis on the bed, he has duct tape on his right arm. And then in the shower pics of him, you can see the red mark on his arm where the tape was ripped off. Then you next see the tape in the picture where he is sitting down but his head is not visible - it's in the bottom right side of the photo. Finally, the last place we see it is in the evidence photos from the laundry room.

I'm just guessing on this, but since the prosecution hasn't brought it up at all, I believe they investigated and the usage of this tape was benign to the murder. I've heard some people say that men who are working out their muscles sometimes wrap duct tape around their arms to bust off while flexing. Who knows... seems kind of silly. But can't think of why the prosecution would not have discussed this already unless they are saving something for rebuttal.

I'm kind of surprised that the jury hasn't asked about it.

The Technical Difficulty... The Armed Gold Panner ... The Password Sharer... The Brain Scramble
Just some more drink ideas.. :p

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

The snickering skater

The Sidebar will need Love-sacs to lounge on.

NEVER...NEVER in my life have I seen or even heard of a trial like this one! There is no reason for this and if things like this happen, then they need to move things around and have court on Fridays or put other trials on hold for a day or two until they catch up.

This is why I laughed when someone said that this trial will be over "in a day or two". At this rate, I don't think this trial will EVER be over! :rage:

The Technical Difficulty... The Armed Gold Panner ... The Password Sharer... The Brain Scramble
Just some more drink ideas.. :p

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

I like The Brain Scramble myself

::great:

Alright, who the hell is the chick on the defense side that is always nervously playing with her hair (she's not in the gallery)

Not only is Arias making a complete mockery of this court, IMO so is the Judge. I have tried to remain objective, tried to understand what she is dealing with, HOWEVER...This IS a Death Penalty Case, that Courtroom should be ran with PRECISION, PROMPT and ORDER and so far, this Court has always started LATE, there are CONSTANT communications issues, the Judge has allowed testimony that is complete irrelevant, allowed Nurmi to blather on and on and consistently object and cause unnecessary and purposeful delays in order to interrupt the Prosecution or to give his pathetic defendant time to gather her thoughts. This Court room is another travesty of justice as long as this Judge keeps allowing this court to be ran in this manner. Those Jurors are going to get SICK of this crap, they are going to get fatigued and it could end up BACKFIRING on the State like i totally believe happened in the Casey Anthony case. This needs to STOP now with the constant late starts and incessant delays. :banghead:

You know, AZ does seem to run a bit relaxed when it comes to time but this is not totally, incredibly out of the ordinary for a murder trial. I think it;s extreme to call this a travesty of justice. And you have to realize that this jury is not sequestered. They go home very night and every weekend.

They'll keep asking her questions until they get the logical answers they want. They really want to acquit her. :(

I am so confused by this. What is the basis for the theory that this jury is chomping at the bit to acquit her? None of the questions asked evidence that. None of the first hand impressions by the courtroom observers indicate that. None of the legal eagles on here believe that.

IMO, arias has more chance of sprouting wings and flying out of the courtroom than she has of being acquitted.

Makes no sense. He was dead or close to it by that point. The evidence is in the foot. Look at the FOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And if she says he was NOT totally dead yet and she hadn't done all of the stabbing or whatever by that point, then the photo is proof that she was attacking a prone, incapacitated, half-dead man that was no threat to her.

As a smart previous poster pointed out earlier (can't find the post, now) the technical difficulties only seem to happen while JM is asking questions.
Anyone else think KN is leaning on something inadvertently during the back to back sidebars? Maybe pulls out a cord somehow while doing it? He sure does lean a lot.

Or maybe Jodi is using her stun-belt to short out the system?

Wow, I wasn't aware of this and it worries me too if the jury gets hung up on pre-meditation. FM requires her to have committed the murder during the commission of a felony. Isn't the felony in this case the murder?

No. It's "aggravated assault" or "burglary"
The lawyers have explained this to detail in the legal thread.
The search option should be of help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member