the question phase continues: Arias on the stand for the 18th day #85

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My apologies ctmom, I missed your post....but great minds really do think alike. I think if JA has TV in her cell she would call NG's picture as obfuscated.

Indubitably, Roy Rob!

Originally Posted by Sulamith
There might be sexual addiction recovery pamphelts at a mall in Mesa. Mesa, Az has a lot of Mormons. For instance: Sons of Heleman..a Mormon group combating masterbation. http://www.sonsofhelaman.org/ I just bet JA did find a Mormon pamphlet at the mall. She murdered TA, she admitted to doing so..but I think there might have been some Mormon pamphlets at the mall for her to pick up and give to TA.

If she did this it was done as a form of emotional abuse with a thinly veiled threat behind it.

I do not want to defend JA..but she could not abuse/threaten TA with the various Mormon recovery groups if they did not exist.

I have learned a lot about myself listening to Jodi's testimony. It's given me a lot of (uncomfortable) insight into my own relationship with a sociopath. Unless, you've been there, you cannot fully understand how things happen. I was fortunate to get away from my sociopath...but it took a very long time to let go. I always expected that one day he would wake up and realize all of the horrible things he had done to me (and others) and beg for my forgiveness. Needless to say, that never happened. It wasn't just the sex that kept Travis stuck (though I'm sure it did contribute to it)...there's so much more involved. Sociopaths will find your weakness and exploit it to the nth degree. They love playing with you...and you don't have the option to say you're done...no one leaves a sociopath that easily. I remember hearing/reading that the best thing you can hope for is that the sociopath moves on and finds another victim. Travis really had no idea what he was dealing with. :(

I recall the same, was that not when the silly "faster, stronger, whatever" video was brought up?

I think what folks might be arguing is that there is no way to prove who was actually on the computer at that time. Just a guess. I fully believe that JA 'toyed' with Travis' computer and accessed his private info (email, etc.) she cleaned in order to snoop imv, but I don't know one way or the other about this particular instance.

Could it have been JA - while Travis was asleep? Yep. Including accessing his gmail (iIrc that was a proxy server event?)

Could it have been Travis. Yep. No way to know. We do know JA lies without hesitation or guilt, so I do take what she says that cannot be corroborated with well-deserved skepticism...

Watching today's testimony, Nurmi's objection voice is soo obnoxiously whiny... Hurts my ears.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

Hi Lucy! Thought about you a lot today. Hope you're doing ok. Hugs!!!

Thank you so much,had family commitments all day,good in some ways,had lots of company and laughs,missing my Lucylu being here,that's for sure,and totally missed the trial,gotta catch up.Company going in the morning,the good thing is I can watch the trial,but I sure miss my fur baby.House seems empty.

I feel like I saw computer forensic report stating there was in fact activity around 4 am on June 4th ... and it was on TA's computer and it was Youtube.
Am I remembering that right? I read it not heard it in court iirc.

Yes he was watching a music vid

IMO, JM can't ask a straight question because JA won't give a straight answer. She has to redefine/twist the meaning of the question to fit her lies, forcing him to constantly change the question.

And I bet she is making the jury as frustrated as she is Juan and all of us. Everyone knows what the questions are even jodi she is just messing with him it is so obvious. She is her own worst enemy.

I just think it was too trivial to bother with it. And if there is something further, Juan will bring it up. No one knows exactly what he has up his sleeves.

And if JM had to challenge every lie or questionable statement out of her mouth we'd be watching this trial go until 2017!!!!

I agree with part of this. However, to assume that Travis "wasn't very smart" or he would have cut off contact with her is presumptuous on your part as well. He appeared to try. You can't ....WE can't walk in his shoes. Her was very likely afraid of her...which in hindsight appears to be rational. Based on the evidence, he certain,y did not deserve the vicious and violent death he endured. I don't think it's it at all fair to blame the victim. Even in the best of preventative intentions, evil exists. Im jus' sayin'

I'm not blaming him first of all for his murder. But no, I dont think based on what we know, he tried to hard to end it. Actually I believe maybe had he filed an order of protection against JA and stopped talking/having sex with her, she may possibly have been scared away.

Call my thoughts presumptuous it you choose, I'm ok with that...

Watching today's testimony, Nurmi's objection voice is soo obnoxiously whiny... Hurts my ears.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

I noticed today that everytime he objected he looked over at the jury.

Yep. Not just JA's word but computer forensics showed it.

Keep in mind, however, we all know JA is capable of logging onto random computers and "hitting backspace"....

You can draw your own conclusions, but just bc there was activity on his computer at that time, it doesn't mean HE was using it. Did he actually check his email at 4am like the expert said or was it really JA snooping (per usual!??!?!?). I know where I'd place my bet!!!

Sorry but I do know men who would not have sex with a completely obsessed and emotionally unstable women, knowing full well she wanted much more than they were willing to give (in other words, knowingly and willingly using her for sex when she was in love). Travis ****ed up. He obviously didn't deserve to die for it. But he's not a saint. He's human. Probably a really nice guy. But in this instance he was being selfish and careless. And it's sad that anyone would accept that behaviour because "oh he's a man." He has a penis but he also has a brain. And he apparently chose to not let his penis control him while with Lisa, so we know it's something he was capable of controlling. This is the same mindset that leads to "well she was wearing a skirt in a dark alley, how could he not rape her" <.<

It's not really the same mindset when SHE offered herself to him. See the difference? It was probably her idea to seduce him and take his virginity. They didn't even become a couple until 5 months after they met. But careless, I can agree with. That and not realizing sooner his life was at risk.

He became concerned, he became upset, he worried about an "axe murderer" in his final blog. But he was too nice a guy who saw the good in others. He didn't file police reports, get restraining orders, lock his doors, or hire more security. And in hindsight, most of us can agree it's best not to insult nutjobs, which only inflames their anger.

I hope Travis' own words will be used in closing arguments, so that Travis and his family will finally see justice, and he will have the last word.

Keep in mind, however, we all know JA is capable of logging onto random computers and "hitting backspace"....

You can draw your own conclusions, but just bc there was activity on his computer at that time, it doesn't mean HE was using it. Did he actually check his email at 4am like the expert said or was it really JA snooping (per usual!??!?!?). I know where I'd place my bet!!!

I'm with you, it was totally her.

I have learned a lot about myself listening to Jodi's testimony. It's given me a lot of (uncomfortable) insight into my own relationship with a sociopath. Unless, you've been there, you cannot fully understand how things happen. I was fortunate to get away from my sociopath...but it took a very long time to let go. I always expected that one day he would wake up and realize all of the horrible things he had done to me (and others) and beg for my forgiveness. Needless to say, that never happened. It wasn't just the sex that kept Travis stuck (though I'm sure it did contribute to it)...there's so much more involved. Sociopaths will find your weakness and exploit it to the nth degree. They love playing with you...and you don't have the option to say you're done...no one leaves a sociopath that easily. I remember hearing/reading that the best thing you can hope for is that the sociopath moves on and finds another victim. Travis really had no idea what he was dealing with. :(

My heart opens for you. This is true for anyone with a conscience and a good heart. Whether you are dealing with a sociopath or a psychopath, it is so foreign to imagine that such an individual can't "feel" the way that normal people feel. I think that is why Nurmi tries to play the "feeling" card, despite the fact that JA cant "feel" like a normal human being.

Add to that, the fact that they are masters at deception and manipulation...and you have the perfect storm for an authentic loving, TRUSTING, being.

Whether in work, family, or romance...this case serves a higher purpose. And that lesson...hurts my heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meganreinert