The Ramsey case in general

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
For me, the fact that the Ramseys stalled behind lawyers for four months before talking to LE was highly suspect from the beginning. Legally, they weren’t obligated to speak to LE, but IMO they were, morally and ethically. Their child has been killed. Why wouldn’t they want to do everything in their power to help with the investigation. Unless, of course, they’re guilty. I always felt it was Patsy who killed JB accidentally in anger. And I think the ransom note reflected anger at John.

JMO
And then there's also the fact that JR tried to make arrangements to fly to Atlanta that very afternoon. Suddenly there was this important meeting that he had to attend the next morning. Your daughter has literally just been found murdered minutes before, and you're trying to flee the state. Highly suspicious.

True, however this was a couple of weeks after. Plenty of time for them to coach Burke in what to say and what not to say. His reaction to the picture of the bowl of pineapple I think is particularly telling, and I think it's very likely he was told that was something in particular not to talk about.
Also children keep secrets all the time. I was much younger than BR and went everywhere with my mom for holiday shopping. She would tell me not to tell and I never told anyone what they were getting.
Family secrets are often kept.
If BR was responsible, he had a lot of motivation to keep quiet and I could only imagine the threats of jail from JR and PR if he messed up. The story was simple. You were asleep.

Funny memory. I was pulled over for making a perhaps too quick stop at a stop sign. The officer asked my 8 year old if I stopped. His answer
" of course, she always stops!"
There was zero prompting. I was taken back because he wasn't known to lie and this somewhere in the middle but perhaps in his mind, me getting in trouble by the police motivated him. He's an adult now, I'll have to see if he remembers! Anyway, my 2 cents is that kids are much more clever than we think.

Last edited:
Also children keep secrets all the time. I was much younger than BR and went everywhere with my mom for holiday shopping. She would tell me not to tell and I never told anyone what they were getting.
Family secrets are often kept.
If BR was responsible, he had a lot of motivation to keep quiet and I could only imagine the threats of jail from JR and PR if he messed up. The story was simple. You were asleep.

Funny memory. I was pulled over for making a perhaps too quick stop at a stop sign. The officer asked my 8 year old if I stopped. His answer
" of course, she always stops!"
There was zero prompting. I was taken back because he wasn't known to lie and this somewhere in the middle but perhaps in his mind, me getting in trouble by the police motivated him. He's an adult now, I'll have to see if he remembers! Anyway, my 2 cents is that kids are much more clever than we think.
Love the memory story.....thanks for sharing that!

I agree about kids keeping secrets. I too was good at it. I have one in particular that I'm still keeping from when I was about 7 or 8. I have never told anyone.

It also reminds me of the interview with Dr. Bernhard that Burke had on January 8, 1997......a week and a half after the murder. Burke admitted to her that he had secrets, and when she asked him if he would tell her any of them he said no, because they then would no longer be secrets. Her impressions of him were that he was "closed down" and she had a difficult time drawing information out of him (from Kolar's book). He was reticent to talk about his family which she found to be unusual.

Love the memory story.....thanks for sharing that!

I agree about kids keeping secrets. I too was good at it. I have one in particular that I'm still keeping from when I was about 7 or 8. I have never told anyone.

It also reminds me of the interview with Dr. Bernhard that Burke had on January 8, 1997......a week and a half after the murder. Burke admitted to her that he had secrets, and when she asked him if he would tell her any of them he said no, because they then would no longer be secrets. Her impressions of him were that he was "closed down" and she had a difficult time drawing information out of him (from Kolar's book). He was reticent to talk about his family which she found to be unusual.
One more story. My grandfather quit drinking as it was a bit of an issue on his liver. I'd follow him around the yard and help with chores etc.
More than a few times I caught him taking a nip from a bottle he had stashed amongst his tools. I still remember him saying " don't tell that old lady or she'll be madder than hell at me!"
Lol. Never ratted him out and I was probably 5-6 years old.
Many people don't believe kids can not spill the beans or be evasive.
My 3 year old shoved a deck of cards in his coat sleeve in a book store and tried to steal them. We talked to the manager and he was told next time the police will come if you steal ect but I was taken back and very upset at the caginess (sp)of my darling toddler! He never did it again and was a very good kid after his toddler misdeeds but to this day I think about that little 3 year old brain at work! I share this story because I work with kids and we never cease to be surprised and shocked by unexpected behaviors or how parents don't take the behavior very serious.
I wonder if this was the case with the Ramsey children?
Denial can be a powerful obstacles in parents not confronting what is in front if them.
The interview with Dr. Bernhard revealed that BR was very good at thinking on his feet when asked the question about secrets!
How many of us would be that quick to shut down a question we were trying to evade?

Last edited:
*#JonBenet was reported missing on Dec. 26, 1996, her body was found hours later in the family's basement and no one has ever been charged. Court TV's Vinnie Politan investigates the murder of 6-year-old pageant star #JonBenetRamsey.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back