The Ramseys are Cleared

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I recall that Patsy's handwriting sample grade of a 4.5 out of 5 (low probability) was the consensus from six handwritings experts whom LE had asked to assess and grade her sample. Do you also think the D.A. is allowed to ignore "best" evidence when they go before a Grand Jury.

2001-12-18: Case haunts DA's aide who led grand jury

Kane says he never felt that Ramseys gave him the straight story during his interviews

By Charlie Brennan, News Staff Writer

Michael Kane says he still thinks about the JonBenet Ramsey murder every day.

"And at least once a week, when I'm out running or something, this case will be running through my head," he said, "and I'll think, 'What if we did this now?' or 'What if that happened?' "

Kane, 49, joined former District Attorney Alex Hunter's team in June 1998, about 18 months after JonBenet was found beaten and strangled in the basement of her Boulder home.

He led the 13-month-long grand jury probe that concluded Oct. 13, 1999, with no indictments issued in the case.

JonBenet's parents remain under an "umbrella of suspicion" in the death.
Kane spent many hours questioning John and Patsy Ramsey about their daughter's murder. He said he believes they have yet to give him the straight story.

"When I met with them, I never felt that they were genuine," Kane said. "I always felt like I was talking to a press secretary who was giving responses with a spin.

"I always felt like their answers were very careful and, in some cases, scripted. And that caused me a lot of concern."

Kane said one of the biggest mistakes in the case was that officials didn't take it to a grand jury in the early going.

"I think the major problem with this case was the hard-core evidence gathering," Kane said.

How could her parents skin cells on her clothing possibly be evidence of their guilt?

If their DNA was found on the paint brush/tape/restraints, etc. then I would agree. But mom or dad's skin cells found on a child's clothing? It would mean nothing. If was saliva or semen...that's a different thing. But skin cells?

I wasn't speaking about on her clothes specifically, I was stating that IF DNA was found POINTING to them I would admit I was wrong.

It's my vague recollection that the DA took it to the grand jury because of public pressure and that while nobody knows exactly what was presented,there are some strong indications that a lot of evidence pointing to the crime scene being staged was not put before them.

OMG, really?

Do you know where you read that jill?

tia

The same fingernail DNA that we already knew about?
The same fingernails attached to the same fingers that would be pulling up her underwear, long johns AND tights in the same spot?

No way?

You are wrong on your facts. John & Patsy didn't sit down with CNN before investigators.

Spin away.....but we all know that the Ramseys did not meet with the investigators AFTER it was discovered that this was a homicide and not a kidnapping for FOUR months. LEO made numerous attempts to interview the too distraught parents that managed to get it together for a media event with zero success.

Use your same old semantics on someone that will buy it as my post was correct and it's a fact that the Ramseys avoided being questioned about the Murder until April of 1997.

Then how do we know that they wanted to indict or not. Maybe they didn't.

Strange that Hunter would take it to a GJ then not indict. I think it is logical they didn't go for it and he was trying to save face.

JMO tho

He only used them as an "investigative tool" not on the issue of whether to indict or not. He was sneaky that way saying they were only empanelled to do fact finding...

I think there are links on this at ACandyRose's website.

He can do anything he wishes, in this case he did just that.

False.

D.A.s cannot ethically ignore "best" evidence that does not support their case, nor can they ethically make themselves willfully blind to evidence that points away from a person or persons they suspect -- as Nifong found out.

I wish we knew everything the investigators know about this case, but that will never happen unless or until there is a trial.

The same fingernail DNA that we already knew about?
The same fingernails attached to the same fingers that would be pulling up her underwear, long johns AND tights in the same spot?

No way?

I must admit Karole, I may disagree with you about who did it, but this is an EXCELLENT point.

False.

D.A.'s cannot ethically ignore "best" evidence that does not support their case, nor can they ethically make themselves willfully blind to evidence that points away from a person or persons they suspect -- as Nifong found out.
Surprise - he's unethical.

False.

D.A.s cannot ethically ignore "best" evidence that does not support their case, nor can they ethically make themselves willfully blind to evidence that points away from a person or persons they suspect -- as Nifong found out.

In this particular case you have no clue what you're talking about.
Check on DA HUNTER'S TRAIL RECORD!!!

Mr Plea bargain even let a murder walk when he had ALL the hard evidence to go for a conviction...

Willfully blind, deaf, and dumb...but that's what you get when your elected DA doesn't take cases to trial and saves all that money for the taxpayers who foolishly voted him in...all that savings sure helped him with a bigger pension in the form of performance awards received for saving those taxpayer funds...

2001-12-18: Case haunts DA's aide who led grand jury

Kane says he never felt that Ramseys gave him the straight story during his interviews

By Charlie Brennan, News Staff Writer

Michael Kane says he still thinks about the JonBenet Ramsey murder every day.

"And at least once a week, when I'm out running or something, this case will be running through my head," he said, "and I'll think, 'What if we did this now?' or 'What if that happened?' "

Kane, 49, joined former District Attorney Alex Hunter's team in June 1998, about 18 months after JonBenet was found beaten and strangled in the basement of her Boulder home.

He led the 13-month-long grand jury probe that concluded Oct. 13, 1999, with no indictments issued in the case.

JonBenet's parents remain under an "umbrella of suspicion" in the death.
Kane spent many hours questioning John and Patsy Ramsey about their daughter's murder. He said he believes they have yet to give him the straight story.

"When I met with them, I never felt that they were genuine," Kane said. "I always felt like I was talking to a press secretary who was giving responses with a spin.

"I always felt like their answers were very careful and, in some cases, scripted. And that caused me a lot of concern."

Kane said one of the biggest mistakes in the case was that officials didn't take it to a grand jury in the early going.

"I think the major problem with this case was the hard-core evidence gathering," Kane said.

There is absolutely nothing in your post that refutes my post, which reads: "As I recall, Patsy's handwriting sample grade of a 4.5 out of 5 (low probability) was the consensus from six handwritings experts whom LE had asked to assess and grade her sample. Do you also think the D.A. is allowed to ignore "best" evidence when they go before a Grand Jury."

There is absolutely nothing in your post that refutes my post, which reads: "As I recall that Patsy's handwriting sample grade of a 4.5 out of 5 (low probability) was the consensus from six handwritings experts whom LE had asked to assess and grade her sample. Do you also think the D.A. is allowed to ignore "best" evidence when they go before a Grand Jury."

Do you know if they had more than one handwriting expert compare the note with Patsy's known handwriting? If so, were the conclusions the same from everyone?

There is absolutely nothing in your post that refutes my post, which reads: "As I recall, Patsy's handwriting sample grade of a 4.5 out of 5 (low probability) was the consensus from six handwritings experts whom LE had asked to assess and grade her sample. Do you also think the D.A. is allowed to ignore "best" evidence when they go before a Grand Jury."

Sure it does! You can figure that much out.

I always leaned towards the parents being guilty.

It's looking as if I was wrong, and I'm feeling guilty for not keeping my mind open - but everything about them screamed out at me that it was too contrived, too many mistakes by LE, FGS too many people in the house!

Moving her body from where she was found, placing a blanket over her thereby contaminating evidence, Patsy begging Jesus to raise her from the dead as he did Lazarus, spiderweb, the fact that the rape looked to be staged...

But there is no reason, other than the obvious, that a stranger's DNA would be on the elstic of her jammies and underwear - and under her fingernails.

I think it was someone very close to the family, though - and I think he had a key. For all we know, this may not have been the first time that he had come into the house while mom and dad were sleeping.

imo, as always.

In this particular case you have no clue what you're talking about.
Check on DA HUNTER'S TRAIL RECORD!!!

Mr Plea bargain even let a murder walk when he had ALL the hard evidence to go for a conviction...

Willfully blind, deaf, and dumb...but that's what you get when your elected DA doesn't take cases to trial and saves all that money for the taxpayers who foolishly voted him in...all that savings sure helped him with a bigger pension in the form of performance awards received for saving those taxpayer funds...

Link that supports Hunter was found to have performed "unethically" in Jon Benet's case?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214
Back