The ransom note & Patsy Ramsey, letter by letter.

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Did Patsy write the ransom note?

• Yes, Patsy wrote the note

Votes: 289 91.2%
  • No, Patsy did not write the note

Votes: 28 8.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The word Victory had alway seemed to me to be an allusion to a foreign faction until I read this; "She's gone," Pam says. "She got her victory at 3 o'clock in the morning on Saturday." Patseys sister Pam speaking to the Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_3983709l

anne11,
Interesting read. So Victory might be a reference to either her fight against cancer or a religious phrase about life over death?

So the Paugh's are avoiding the media, wonder what they have to say about the GJ revelations, just more media spin?

I don't think she did know in advance, but was hoping he would join forces. In the note, she threatened that if he tried to deceive her, she knew countermeasures and tactics...so I think she might have been alluding to what she could do to him, if he did go against her? maybe? I've read this note so many times that I think almost everything is a subconscious clue, kwim? And although I realize this may not be the case, it's hard to see this as just a fake ransom note, posing as a foreign faction. I do realize that I may be reading 'subconscious clues' that aren't there though. moo

dodie20,
With staged evidence this is the error many make, not yourself though. Technically known as Confirmation Bias, I've been guilty of it myself, since it is so deliciously delightful to think how right one is.

Normally in any theory its best to avoid using the staged evidence in support, otherwise the theory becomes a dog's breakfast of sub-plots and sub-theories.

Although I do accept it appears Patsy was the author, then again, others can claim it was JR setting her up, and who can prove them wrong?

I was thinking it was a religious phrase victory = ascension into heaven (or death!) It would be interesting to hear more from the Paugh's

I was thinking it was a religious phrase victory = ascension into heaven (or death!) It would be interesting to hear more from the Paugh's

anne11,
I agree the religious motif seems quite appropriate. Some people have theories that relate directly to this aspect.

One day soon the case will blow open, when someone talks directly to the media, then they will be forced to respond.

My money is on LHP. Someone should tell Tricia to offer to be her agent do a book and interview deal, and get her on blogtalkradio. Not illegal now since we know the R's were voted to be indicted and the Court was fed a line when LHP's judgement was handed down.

This note follows a very precise format and its structure is straightforward and direct. There's an attention grabbing introduction, and then an idea is stated, and then each idea is followed up with elaboration, and so on. There's a spot though, where writing about the delivery and pick-up that seems to lose focus-as if the writer is distracted, and then the next part gets really hardcore and focuses on JB' being murdered. So IMO, these parts may have been written right before and right after the final act of murder. In other words, the writer was distracted, left the note writing, murdered JB, and then went back to note writing. After Kolar's 's book came out, there was quite a bit of discussion on the time lapse between the bash and final strangulation, so IMO, writing the note, may be what the killer was doing during this lapse. Anyway, back to the format and structure. The author didn't identify himself until the very end, with the SBTC signature. IMO, this points to the name being made up during the writing, otherwise, he would have identified himself when referencing the small foreign faction. So, what does this mean? This is what I think. Because the note's structure follows a very precise format, it's my opinion that the last paragraph follows the same format...where each idea is followed by elaboration. IMO, the last paragraph is a personal plea to JR to unite with the author, and the follow up is elaboration. So, the, 'it's up to you now John! Victory!', is the author saying that united, they will be victorious, and the 'S.B.T.C', would be something along the lines of, 'Separate, Broken, Together, Complete', or Single, Bared, Together, Covered', etc. Anyway, it's moo based on the flow and structure of the note, that the author probably wouldn't have back referenced to the foreign faction or thrown in a random religious reference. all moo.

S.B.T.C. - If they were protecting Burke, could this mean Save Burke The Criminal? Did they know a 10 year old could not be charged? Or, knowing Burke did it, cold it mean Send Burke To Counselling? Victory could mean that their staging, and getting rid of evidence would result in no charges on any of them

Sorry to be a downer again, but after 16 years, if we don't know what SBTC means, it either doesn't mean anything or someone has already solved it and we either weren't convinced or didn't think it mattered enough to be of any benefit to the case.

It could be as meaningless as "somebody beat the child"...in my opinion, it's irrelevant now.

The whole note is made up.

The SBTC at this stage in the case isn't going to bust anything open or give us the missing piece to the puzzle.

The formation of the letters and the phraseology is what is going to help.

Sorry to be a downer again, but after 16 years, if we don't know what SBTC means, it either doesn't mean anything or someone has already solved it and we either weren't convinced or didn't think it mattered enough to be of any benefit to the case.

It could be as meaningless as "somebody beat the child"...in my opinion, it's irrelevant now.

The SBTC at this stage in the case isn't going to bust anything open or give us the missing piece to the puzzle.

Yep. I see no reason to suspect a secret message in the note. If someones calls 911 reporting a note that they supposedly just found, (but really wrote themselves), then it's reasonable to assume that the note is intended for the police. And if it's intended for police, why would you place hidden meanings in it that could be linked back to you? If PR had something to tell JR, she could have said it before French showed up. If it means anything at all, it's simply a phrase that came to the author's mind at the time of the writing, but imo it has no real bearing.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeexactly.
It's not Hollywood, they aren't leaving clues TO be found, they're leaving garbage so as NOT to be found.

I've always thought that SBTC would mean "Saved By The Cross,' and if this was indeed, Patsy, that committed the crime, I'd wager a huge bet and say that's more than likely what that meant.

IMO, this might be where the subconscious comes in to play. I don't think PR would have left a deliberate coded message, but I do believe the crime was weighing heavily on her mind, and certain clues slipped out. The length of the note was ridiculous, so she was taking a huge risk just by going on and on, The last paragraph was not only personal, but also completely unnecessary, so IMO, she had her reasons for inserting it. And that reason, ( even if just subconscious), IMO, was to convince JR to join forces. She warned him what going against her would be like, and then she pleaded with him. Fake note for cops or not, this whole addition was not only unnecessary, but risky. Risky, because it figuratively had her name all over it. And fake note for cops or not, this is unlike any other ransom note in the history of ransom notes. If this note was for the cops only, I do believe PR had the intelligence to keep it short and simple. So IMO, it wasn't just for the cops. She was fulfilling some need by going on and on. What that need was, I can't really say, but I think there was a lot more going on here than, 'we got your kid. get money. we'll call'. All just moo,

Southern Bell Telephone Company. Just my guess

I don't doubt that Patsy wrote the note, with some help from John. The dead giveaway to me is the phrase," use that good southern common sense of yours." John was from Michigan. Patsy was from West Virginia. So am I, and we consider ourselves southerners. I've heard that phrase at least a hundred times in my life. That phrase is pure Patsy Paugh.

I don't doubt that Patsy wrote the note, with some help from John. The dead giveaway to me is the phrase," use that good southern common sense of yours." John was from Michigan. Patsy was from West Virginia. So am I, and we consider ourselves southerners. I've heard that phrase at least a hundred times in my life. That phrase is pure Patsy Paugh.

anyone writing the note who used any geographical hint would not not be considered a possible lead. In other words, a Thunderbay, Ont. citizen wouldn't write a ranson that in any way hints about the North. So the fact that the phrase, "good Southern sense" is used does not indicicate the note's author is Southern. Jr could have been trying to simulate Patsy's writing and language as a last ditch defense.

I know kids don't use the word "hence"; that's all I know. JMO

I totally believe Patsy wrote the note. Nobody will ever convince me that some unknown intruder stayed in the house long enough to write a 3 page ransom note.

I believe PR included the $118K figure simply because she thought she was being smart: knowing the amount of JR's bonus, she figured she could claim that it must have been somebody associated with JR and his business.

No doubt it was Patsy who wrote the note....her style, her jargon, her lettering. I think the note was her assignment while JR was busy redressing JBR and possibly relocating her to the basement. It is that 911 call she made that stumps me.

I totally believe Patsy wrote the note. Nobody will ever convince me that some unknown intruder stayed in the house long enough to write a 3 page ransom note.

I believe PR included the $118K figure simply because she thought she was being smart: knowing the amount of JR's bonus, she figured she could claim that it must have been somebody associated with JR and his business.
She and JR both claimed that she didn't know about the bonus. Either they were lying, (but why? kind of an unnecessary lie that not many believed anyway). Or maybe he didn't tell her, but she found out some other way and inserted the amount to be sly. Then she could say, 'it couldn't be me because you didn't tell me'. Or, maybe him not telling her is what caused the angry tone to the note. Ever since I read that she supposedly didn't know about the bonus, I can't help but think it played a part in all this...because money sure played a big part in that ransom note. moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ronjan