The ransom note

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It has always puzzled me why PR never said anything about maneuvering around that last step/"rung" with the papers spread out across it. It was an awkward staircase to begin with. How would she have stepped over the papers or crouched down to pick them up before completing her descent to the floor? She always made a big deal out of anything that inconvenienced her, so her commission here is perhaps telling.

She tried to explain how and why she did this in her interviews. It’s incredulous. I believe the FBI and BPD tried to emulate her gymnastics on the stairs, and said it was nearly impossible.

She had every explanation as to how/why she never touched the note.

Why didn’t you want your fingerprints on the note Patsy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

"Why didn’t you want your fingerprints on the note Patsy?"

That is why I think that she saw the body, saw the RN, called the Police and was not aware how strange it looks that she never touched the RN.

With my idea, it is somewhat natural she missed "touching" in the process and was not thinking about the RN later.

btw. I expect additional DNA results from the RN.
I am not sure if she never touched the RN but it could give me another point to my idea of what happened in the morning.

"Why didn’t you want your fingerprints on the note Patsy?"

That is why I think that she saw the body, saw the RN, called the Police and was not aware how strange it looks that she never touched the RN.

With my idea, it is somewhat natural she missed "touching" in the process and was not thinking about the RN later.

btw. I expect additional DNA results from the RN.
I am not sure if she never touched the RN but it could give me another point to my idea of what happened in the morning.

In 100% of legit kidnappings, by the time the police get the note, it would be weathered, wrinkled, creased, dented, and pressed.

It would not sit all pristine and proper, all laid out on the floor in perfect untouched condition.

I just had a thought that I'm sure has been asked before, but nonetheless: do you believe the R's (specifically, PR) when they say the ransom note was found on one of the bottom rungs of the spiral staircase? I ask because, 99% of us believe they were involved. So why then would they (PR) be telling the truth (or lying), and why (assuming they were involved) would they need to say that the letter was found on the bottom rungs of the spiral staircase? What was their purpose in saying that?

It seems like many people here do believe the note was laid down on the bottom rung, as many use it as proof of PR's inconsistency of having to "step over" it while walking down the stairs and then reading it (which would have been all but impossible).

At one point in one of her interviews Patsy says that the note was still on the floor when she ran up to get John. John told French that Patsy found the note on the bottom rung of the stairs. (In his report French says that he was unable to determine who had moved the note over by the doors.) Patsy told Arndt that the note was at the bottom of the stairs.

That hallway is fairly long. You pass well-lit areas with waist-high surfaces to get to the glass doors. The light can't have been very good at 530am in the middle of winter--on the floor. Why move it to the glass doors to read it? I suspect that the note was always by the doors.

If John was sleeping upstairs, Patsy misrepresenting the location of the note would be an early clue that she was responsible for whatever happened to JonBenet.

And I've read speculation that SBTC = Saved By The Cross, a reference to surviving Cancer ("Victory"). So it appears to be a little more than subconsciously on her mind.

Most of my family are cancer survivors, I have never heard this phrase.

I also disagree about the other comments in the note ("under constant scrutiny") being cancer references.

At one point in one of her interviews Patsy says that the note was still on the floor when she ran up to get John. *snip*

And at no time prior to her saying that did she say that the note was on the floor.

I also disagree about the other comments in the note ("under constant scrutiny") being cancer references.

For me, this looks more like some kind of "psychiatric" issue.

Maybe some kind of test (physical abilities) with constant monitoring. Pilots/astronauts tests or so.

[edit] The problem is that this case has a big impact on the US culture and it is hard to analyze it keeping in mind 1996 as the rawest/the most native environment.

For me, this looks more like some kind of "psychiatric" issue.

Maybe some kind of test (physical abilities) with constant monitoring. Pilots/astronauts tests or so.

[edit] The problem is that this case has a big impact on the US culture and it is hard to analyze it keeping in mind 1996 as the rawest/the most native environment.

I thought at the time, and still do, that it read like a ransom note in a movie, or what someone thinks a ransom note should read like. "Any deviation of my instructions will result in the immediate execution of your daughter." The reference to an organized group. All the "do X and she dies" text. This does not mean that the person wasn't originally planning a kidnapping - there's a possibility that was the original plan if an intruder did it and the plan fell apart like the Lindbergh Baby case - it just means they have been heavily influenced by TV shows, movies, etc. and what they think ransom notes should be. And outside police or true crime buffs, the only exposure most people have had to ransom notes have been through the media. I don't think they would have been "professional kidnappers" if such a thing exists, otherwise the note would have been very short since long notes tend to give away the actual handwriting of the person involved.

And at no time prior to her saying that did she say that the note was on the floor.

Yeah, they are all over the place in their interviews on how the note moved around. With French, I think John was just relaying what Patsy told him. John must have been surprised when she waffled on moving it over by the door. In any event, John didn't immediately say that he had moved it otherwise French wouldn't have been puzzled about how it got there. At some point, John must have decided to take responsibility for transporting it.

(I think it was just a single glass door. In my previous post I doubled them,)

An intruder wouldn't place the note at the end of a back staircase; they'd place the note either on the kitchen counter or on JonBenet's bed where it was certain to be found. Even if the Ramseys were worried about contaminated a piece of evidence with their fingerprints (in a purely hypothetical and unlikely IDI scenario), why would you lay the note on the floor after having picked it up from the staircase? Any normal person would elevate the note to a table in order to be able to analyze it better.

I am at the moment migrating from:

"intruder left the note"

to

"intruder has got rid of the note"

I am still thinking what happened to all other things expected. used Kleenex, stick part, duct tape and so on.

Most of my family are cancer survivors, I have never heard this phrase.

Patsy, photographed with a cross in her mouth after beating cancer, supposedly told the photographer she had been saved by the cross.

Patsy, photographed with a cross in her mouth after beating cancer, supposedly told the photographer she had been saved by the cross.

She was biting down on the cross, which Dr Hodges said in his book A Mother Gone Bad (paraphrased) may be Patsy expressing anger towards God.

We can speculate on what SBTC means until the cows come home or until John tells us but I can't help but wonder if the "B" stands for Burke. Maybe something like

Victory!
Saved Burke ...

Actually John said "African Queen" was his favorite movie. Wasn't able to edit my previous post.

Actually John said "African Queen" was his favorite movie. Wasn't able to edit my previous post.

Which, however, I seem to have been able to delete. Anyway, the gist was that I saw an interview with James Fitzgerald, currently being sued by assorted Ramseys. He said he had been consulted on the case in the late 90s. He took credit for noticing references to "Dirty Harry" and "Speed" in the note. He didn't mention "Ruthless People," even though the ransom demand in that movie seems to have served as a template for the RN. He (I think) mentioned that there were movie posters in the house.

(When John Ramsey was asked what his favorite movie was, he said "African Queen," which was on tv the week of the murder.)

Looking through the tv guide for that week (it's my only tv guide!), I don't see "African Queen" so can't vouch that it showed, but I do see a show called "Victory! With Billy Joe and Sharon Daugherty," a religious show. That was on multiple times a week.

An unrehearsed random handwriting sample of Patsy Ramsey on a cardboard box on moving day in 2002 in Atlanta.

1ec0e3e3987a1ef17f7ad3df0c50d7cf.jpg

Up close visual of Patsy’s handwriting and ransom note:

60020524e697192dfc016a6236e9789f.jpeg

An unrehearsed random handwriting sample of Patsy Ramsey on a cardboard box on moving day in 2002 in Atlanta.

1ec0e3e3987a1ef17f7ad3df0c50d7cf.jpg

Up close visual of Patsy’s handwriting and ransom note:

60020524e697192dfc016a6236e9789f.jpeg

So are you saying that John and Patsy went back to the home after the murder? I thought they wouldn't set another foot into that home.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties
Back