The Remains Location -and the search

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This thread here is for discussion about the remains location and the search to find the remains.
You guys have to please try and stay on topic. I moved all the offtopic posts to the right thread(s).
Please don;t make the same post in more than one thread. I know there is overlap on topics, but just pick the best thread. Otherwise we get the same conversation going in more than one thread.
thank you!

Looks like a dump site to me, for those that don't want to pay the city dump fees.

And we're supposed to believe that someone was jogging through there? Please.

ITA srax - don't look like a "hiking" trail to me either. It seems there are two other groups - kinda away from the main scene - and they are focusing on their own little area. Also,- near the blue tarp - looks like freshly turned dirt (kinda finally tells us - she was in a somehwat shallow grave.

100308flyover_t600.jpg

The 1st area with the hard turn is staging.

BTW they should check that white truck in front of JAG's grandmas house in Lake Elsinore for soil like that in Pala.

SWAG1959 there appears to be at least 3 separate groups in the brush. I'm not so sure I agree with the dirt though, the dirt is very red/clay in the whole area that dirt is way different.

Google Earth screen cap so you can see where the remains were found compared to where Arouba Rd came off Pala-Temecula. Please note this is turned with North facing to the right, so you can see the road up the hill better. Pala-Temecula is at the bottom of the picture.

Edited to add, this is easy to get to by car if the gate is open. No one had to haul the body a long distance.

Attachments

• Remains.jpg
    Remains.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 48
Google Earth screen cap so you can see where the remains were found compared to where Arouba Rd came off Pala-Temecula. Please note this is turned with North facing to the right, so you can see the road up the hill better. Pala-Temecula is at the bottom of the picture.

Edited to add, this is easy to get to by car if the gate is open. No one had to haul the body a long distance.

Has anyone said who owns this land? Did I hear correctly that it is not part of the reservation?

Has anyone said who owns this land? Did I hear correctly that it is not part of the reservation?
I've heard both. I heard once today that it was part of the reservation and then later on I heard it was just before the reservation property line.

The google map that Ghostwheel posted looks like its a kinda steep drop going to the south (or left) of the crime scene.

I've heard both. I heard once today that it was part of the reservation and then later on I heard it was just before the reservation property line.

The google map that Ghostwheel posted looks like its a kinda steep drop going to the south (or left) of the crime scene.
Looks kind of like this attached jpg. These are not exact, but pretty close to what the terrain looks like. The top of the hill is not quite so pointy.

Attachments

• RemainsSide.jpg
    RemainsSide.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 29
Wouldn't it have been nuts if that google image was taken with his car up there.

Thanks to you and Ghostwheel, too! What in the heck does the water district do with all that land???? Puzzling....

Are the gates normally open? (This has probably already been answered and I apologize if that's the case...)
Can't say "normally", but several posts back (# 79) I have a screen capture of google maps street view that shows the gates clearly open during the day whenever that picture was taken.

VERY odd seeing the footage here on Fox 5 San Diego because that is ::not:: where KGTV was focusing on showing FBI searching.

They were focused on an area that slopes near that really messy area. They showed the messy area, and then panned to an area near the slope. So I'm totally confused how two stations are focusing on different parts of the crime scene.

In any case, more flyover video of the area.

http://www.fox5sandiego.com/videobe...-Combing-Area-Where-Amber-s-Bones-Were-Found-

TravelingBug, one area is a staging area, the other is the crimescene. They can't fit everything/everyone up in the little 'cul de sac" where the remains are.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89
Back