The Ring/Jewelry

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Do we have a source for the information that the ring was picked up, and now the GF does not know where it is, yet?:waitasec:

Does the link BeanE posted of the Logan video work for anyone else here?

I need a new laptop!:loser:
Speaking of poor me, :blushing:is it me or does 10K seem like a large gap in an appraisal?

When? When did Tempe PD appraise it, and do they or do they not have the ring now?

And isn't $20-$30K quite a range of an appraisal for a ring? Suggests maybe an informal appraisal rather than a real detailed in-depth appraisal.

OH good-- it's not just me lol Yes, it does seem like an informal appraisal with a 33% margin for error
I should have refreshed the page before posting

Do we have a source for the information that the ring was picked up, and now the GF does not know where it is, yet?:waitasec:

Does the link BeanE posted of the Logan video work for anyone else here?

I need a new laptop!:loser:
Speaking of poor me, :blushing:is it me or does 10K seem like a large gap in an appraisal?

I get a blank page with BeanEs link.

I don't see how a range of $20K - $30K could really be an appraisal - I've never seen a range like that. But I have to say, that has to be some ruby and diamond ring!

There is no video yet as it is being aired right now in SA, but there is the text underneath where the video will be once it is linked

http://www.foxsanantonio.com/newsroom/top_stories/videos/vid_1288.shtml

Snipped
After investigating for two months Fox News at Nine has learned about a dirty secret of how birth mothers are paid with expensive jewelry. That led Gabriel's father to police who admitted that the baby's mother had a ring worth close to $30,000 on her when she was arrested. Yami Virgin has this special report. Underground Adoptions

Is it possible that LE released the ring to the GF who in turn showed it to LM? And when LM didn't recognize the ring, it was turned back in to LE to be looked into as possible evidence? Do we know if LM and the GF are on good terms and if the GF has been co-operative with him with regards to any information he can provide? I thought I'd read that the GF was rather fond of LM.

Good questions, Kamille --

According to that link I just posted it claims that Logan found out about how some mothers are paid in jewelry which led him to question LE about the jewelry EJ had --

I wish we knew for sure if the GF picked it up, and if he does not really know where it is!

Two of the articles (discussed and links posted earlier today) say that Tempe PD gave the ring to grampa.

We couldn't find any articles indicating that grampa picked up the ring from Eliz at jail.

Grampa certainly seems fond of Logan. I haven't seen or heard anything to indicate any rifts.

Okay, thanks BeanE

"The expensive piece of jewelry was allegedly handed over to Johnson's grandfather, Arizona authorities said. However, McQueary said the grandfather denies any knowledge of the ring."

IMO this has to be a misinterpretation of the facts -- I don't think we really know for sure that he picked it up, or that he does not know about the ring
http://www.kens5.com/news/Baby-Gabr...-prove-son-is-alive-and-adopted-84694897.html

Wasn't it the GF who told the media that EJ had asked him in a phone call to pick up the money and the expensive ring. So now he is denying any knowledge of it? I can understand him denying that he picked it up but I thought it was him who first mentioned this ring in the media. :waitasec:

It is very strange, Kamille, and bugging the heck out of me-- hopefully we will find out more about this tomorrow

Wasn't it the GF who told the media that EJ had asked him in a phone call to pick up the money and the expensive ring. So now he is denying any knowledge of it? I can understand him denying that he picked it up but I thought it was him who first mentioned this ring in the media. :waitasec:

Yes, if you go back to the discussions earlier today, we found the news stories and posted dates, links, etc.

I haven't seen anything that says he denies picking it up. I see the recent ring articles saying Tempe gave it to him, and I see him saying he doesn't know where it is.

Of course, a lot of this is the reporter saying whoever said, Logan saying whoever said, a reporter saying Logan said grampa said, etc, and little to nothing in the way of video or direct quotes.

As Prof said, maybe we'll find out more tomorrow. Maybe we'll find out some facts over the next few weeks.

Wow ! According t this reporter "The father believes that Baby Gabriel was adopted out in exchange for a $20,000.ring!

I saw this one statement too on that article but don't remember that being brought up before and the article gave no reasoning on why he thought that.... was EJ found with a new ring??

I would hope they wouldn't take Elizabeth's word that the ring was her Grandmothers. Her grandparents are divorced so I guess the Grandfather could of thought it was her Grandmothers but now he can't find it??? The $20,000 ring?? Oh damn..

Where is the information that the Grandfather said he can't find it? Is the Grandmother who lives in Boston the Grandfather's exwife?

Why would Tempe PD give away evidence of an underground adoption, unless they 1) screwed up, or 2) determined it's not evidence.

Something's not adding up here, one way or another.

I suspect the answer is 1:( I have been more disturbed about Texas law since learning of the illegal adoptions and how quick Texas rips Dads rights away. I can't help but believe there is some financial benefit for the state in this. I am a Texan, born and raised, but I have been ashamed of Texas since my 13 year old grandson regressed into autism, and I discovered there is no help, or very little here. Our state ranks on the bottom for funding and services for those with disabilities.

Remember, this may not be LE's fault. Wouldn't a judge have to sign a seizure warrant for them to retain the ring? Meaning that the determination of whether or not it was evidence would have fallen to the judge. I think.
They can't keep your property without probable cause if you sign the release slip, unless it is determined to be evidence, and I'm not sure that the police themselves make that call.

Given the circumstances of this case so far, it would be easy to get a judge to sign a warrant to confiscate the ring.

At any point, did Logan say verbatim that the ring was worth $20,000 or are we working on only paraphrase? I have only seen the reporters say that it was worth that much.

I heard Logan say $20,000, and yet in the written article in the same story Yami wrote $30,000. That is big difference. He said it wasn't EJ's because he lived with her for 2 years, and he knows what jewelry she had then, and that she had low paying jobs. It is obvious that this is connected to GJ, in my opinion.

if she had her grandmother's ring before the trip, and she was selling jewelry and other belongings to finance the trip - wouldn't she have pawned a ring of that value??

that makes me think it was something that was acquired during the trip....

I wonder why we never hear from the Grandmother. You would think that the media would be interested in her, given the fact they EJ said the ring came from her. Would LM tell the public she had the ring, and he believes it is connected to his son's disappearance, if LE had spoken with the Grandmother and she verified she did give such a valuble ring to an unstable 23 year old woman. A ring of that type should/would be in a safety deposit box!

He had never seen the 3 cell phones in the trailer either, but again, that's a bit different. Logan's family has known Eliz since junior high school. I know if I had a $20k ruby/diamond ring, I'd show it to *everybody*.

Ditto!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThatMeryl
Back