The Roy Kronk Connection- Opening Statements-Kronk takes the stand 2011.06.28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I clicked on the link in an earlier post upstream and listened to Kronks second interview again. He cleared up something important for me.

He said he used a stick to 'pick up the bag' and the skull was underneath. That clears up 2 main things. 1, that he did not really kick it and watch it 'roll' out. And 2, I better understand how the roots could grow even though there was a bag. It seems as though the elements turned it all upside down, so the earth and water did their thing, and the roots grew up around it.

I agree that this location was a no-brainer if LE believed ICA was involved with her daughter's disappearance. I think LE screwed up big-time by not searching that area more thoroughly. That said I used to live in FL and I know how dense wooded areas can be. You can't see your own feet at times. Even if the area was under water initially they should have headed back as soon as it dried up to search. I think RK just acted on a hunch (a logical one) that this would be an ideal place (according to ICA) to hide a body. I don't believe he is in anyway involved with the murder. I also don't believe he knew ICA b/c if this were the case there would be evidence (such as phone records).

I agree. BBM

And add the fact that he was paid to walk through this exact neighborhood during the time the child was missing and being desperately searched for. I would have gone into those woods and poked around myself if I were him.

The reason LE did not find her there, imo, is that they probably never imagined that the body would be so close to home. They searched the home itself and the yard, because that happens sometimes. But once a perp decides to move and hide a body they usually go a little further away that the very first wooded swampy patch. And the cell pings were leading them to the airport swampy area. I believe she drove around in that area searching for a dump site, but chickened out because she was not comfortable there. imoo

Just wondering about this June 11 ABC post: Is ABC just trying to stir the pot, or is there any truth in the theory about Kronk?: does not seem likely after CSI said body had been there 6 months, but what is the Defense basing this all on?

Casey Anthony: Could Body Tampering Allegation Shake Case?

It's a theory that could eliminate one of the prosecution's key pieces of evidence in the murder trial of Casey Anthony: Someone tampered with the body of Caylee Anthony, the 2-year-old girl allegedly murdered by her mother.[. . . ]

Lyon said the prosecution "cannot prove that the remains were not moved or that duct tape wasn't placed there later."

In his opening statement, Baez said that Kronk told his son in November 2008 that he had found Caylee's body. Kronk didn't report the body to authorities, Baez said, until a day after he received a $1,000 bill related to car trouble in December.

"He called his son and he said, 'I'm going to be famous, I'm going to be rich. You know, watch the news, I'm going to be on the news,'" Lyon said.

That call, she said, was made "before he found the body in December, and he took a day off and then just decided to wander into this area that had been searched and searched and searched... and he finds the body," Lyon told "20/20." "That's very suspicious.". . . Caylee's remains were found in an area that had been searched several times earlier, Baez said in his opening statement.

The toddler's body, he said, "was placed there to be found, not to be hidden."

http://abcnews.go.com/2020/casey-anthony-body-tampering-allegation-shake-case/story?id=13814284

There is stuff in that article I haven't heard before. I've never heard of him demanding $1,000 to show them the body. A lot of people here are saying the son recanted his testimony and said his father may have called in December. IMO, it's a hack job article.

I don't want to put aside Dominick Casey's search at the vacant house on Brackenwood Drive because to me it seems to undermine the theory that there was a hot tip on the body location coming from Casey Anthony in jail.
Why would Casey's jailhouse tip lead DC on a fruitless search of a vacant house property if she knew that the body was in a swamp on Suburban Drive? While at that house, DC slashes open black plastic bags and digs under paver stones.

If Lee or Cindy were relaying information that came from Casey in jail why would either of them send DC to a vacant house? That house has neither woods nor swamp. It did have plastic bags and paver stones, but how and why would Lee or Cindy even know that and why would it matter even if they did know that?

Do you see why the videotaped PI search of the vacant house has me thinking that he wasn't really acting on any tip that ultimately came from Casey in jail?

It's my belief that he was supposed to find the body and then bury it in that house. IIRC, the house was previously owned by someone with the last name Gonzalez. JMO

Just wondering about this June 11 ABC post: Is ABC just trying to stir the pot, or is there any truth in the theory about Kronk?: does not seem likely after CSI said body had been there 6 months, but what is the Defense basing this all on?

Wishful thinking?

Casey Anthony: Could Body Tampering Allegation Shake Case?

It's a theory that could eliminate one of the prosecution's key pieces of evidence in the murder trial of Casey Anthony: Someone tampered with the body of Caylee Anthony, the 2-year-old girl allegedly murdered by her mother.[. . . ]

Lyon said the prosecution "cannot prove that the remains were not moved or that duct tape wasn't placed there later."

She wasn't listening. The prosecution said in fact that the remains were moved. By animals.
Where would Roy Kronk have gotten pieces of George's/Casey's duct tape?

When was the gas can taken by LE and when was it released which brand name tape it was? How did Roy Kronk even know that putting Henkel duct tape there would tie it into the Anthonys?

It's my belief that he was supposed to find the body and then bury it in that house. IIRC, the house was previously owned by someone with the last name Gonzalez. JMO

Then why would he videotape himself slicing open bags and digging around under pavers at that house?

Do you think it's possible that he was searching for the body at that house because it was owned by a Gonzalez?

If I recall correctly, it was Leonard Padilla who cast suspicion on RK, by tying RK into his ridiculous daisy chain theory. It was also LP who had offered a reward for finding Caylee's body, and then rescinded it once the body was found.

In my opinion, there are only two bad guys in this mess, one being Casey, of course, and the other being Padilla.

Do they mean as a staging of a kidnapping?

No, to put murder blame on Casey. They are saying George tried to frame Casey for murder using an accidentally drowned Caylee.

Who else thinks the defense is reading this thread looking for ideas to use when it's time to present their case?

No, to put murder blame on Casey. They are saying George tried to frame Casey for murder using an accidentally drowned Caylee.
Sounds ridiculous. Why would he do that? to prevent himself from being implicated? to cover up sexual abuse???

Who else thinks the defense is reading this thread looking for ideas to use when it's time to present their case?

It's to late now. Baez already put out his theory in his opening statement. If he tries to change the story now, the jury will not buy anything he tries to present.

This is just bizarre IMO. Why would he do that? How did he come up with the plan in the split second before he normally would have called 911? How did he know she'd happily run off to rent a movie instead of calling LE? Another version is that they covered up the accident because Cindy would be upset or because they had so many family secrets and didn't want the police in their business but then framing Casey makes even less sense because I bet Cindy would be more upset to find her child on trial for murder of her grandchild than just after a tragic accident and they'd have the police in their business if they have someone suspected of murder in their midst.

If we already have George framing Casey for murder I really don't understand why they need Roy Kronk to have tampered with the body as well. Add all the incompetent investigators and money hungry experts who have conspired against her she's really the unluckiest gal in the world.

Sounds ridiculous. Why would he do that? to prevent himself from being implicated? to cover up sexual abuse???

Only if he's got no common sense at all. I dare say he stands a better chance of being implicated or having sexual abuse revealed to the world if the police is there investigating a child's disappearance and eventual murder instead of coming up to make note that a child drowned in a sad accident.

I sometimes think they are, but if so, they are not going to feel very confident that their theories will fly with a jury.....:waitasec:

This is one of those "IF ONLY THEY HAD GONE OUT" Posts.

If only LE had gone out that August day in 2008 and gotten on their hands and Knees (as I see they can do around a crime scene) If only I knew then what I know now, I'd go and point out the area and say be careful, its only 19' away from us on the curb.

they still may have only found bones (as I heard one doc testify) but August bones are a lot younger than December bones.

I do not believe for a minute that any human being lifted up the decomposed body from the crime scene and carried it around for any length of time at all. I do believe that meter reader called it in. Left then out of curiosity returned when they said on TV no leads pan out... He went back and then back again when the water level was down.

I do not care one bit if he made any statements that he will be rich or famous, or he won the lottery. WHAT does that change what happened on June 16, 2008. Nothing. She died at the hands of her mother and ended up decomposed and chewed on by animals in the neighborhood pet cemetery 15 houses down from where she lived. With duct tape over her face, in a plastic bag, with her little brown curls all in matts.

SHE better have a come to Jesus moment soon, before he comes to her

Excellent post Sabrina!!!

If I recall correctly, it was Leonard Padilla who cast suspicion on RK, by tying RK into his ridiculous daisy chain theory. It was also LP who had offered a reward for finding Caylee's body, and then rescinded it once the body was found.

In my opinion, there are only two bad guys in this mess, one being Casey, of course, and the other being Padilla.

Verrrry Interrrresting, Chilly.

Jose's Opening Statement is truly THE most ridiculous story ever told, and the only thing that seems worse is that some people are actually concerned it may fly! The people on that jury, are just like us- they will not be taken in by such a nonsensical and utterly unbelievable tale of fantasy. Jose will go down in history as the laughing stock of defense attorneys in the Twenty First Century.

ETA: Leonard Padilla could never get over the fact that ex Bounty Hunter- turned Meter Reader, Roy Kronk, found the body and not him- IMO!

This is just bizarre IMO. Why would he do that? How did he come up with the plan in the split second before he normally would have called 911? How did he know she'd happily run off to rent a movie instead of calling LE? Another version is that they covered up the accident because Cindy would be upset or because they had so many family secrets and didn't want the police in their business but then framing Casey makes even less sense because I bet Cindy would be more upset to find her child on trial for murder of her grandchild than just after a tragic accident and they'd have the police in their business if they have someone suspected of murder in their midst.

If we already have George framing Casey for murder I really don't understand why they need Roy Kronk to have tampered with the body as well. Add all the incompetent investigators and money hungry experts who have conspired against her she's really the unluckiest gal in the world.

BBM:

Interesting that the Anthonys (Casey included) have been quick to call the police to their home other times. Of course there was George calling about gas cans, then Casey herself while she was out on bail.

There was also a couple other calls from earlier before all this, for other "drama" at that house.

We don't really know what the answers are to some of your questions. This is because the defense has not been very specific on a number of things in their opening statements. I would imagine (but am not certain) that these things will be somehow explained when the trial goes over to the defense and they call their witnesses. I'm not saying that their story makes sense or is going to work. I'm just trying to repeat what was actually said in the opening.

For example, you asked where would Kronk get the duct tape from. This suggested to me that you misunderstood the defense and thought that Baez said Kronk applied the tape to Caylee. I tried to correct that by telling you that that isn't their theory.

The defense is fingering Kronk for tampering with the body because they want to try to raise reasonable doubt by way of a tampered-with crime scene. You could say: but so what... what difference does it make? Well, that kind of thing is what criminal defenses do. They go after reasonable doubt everywhere they can. Even where and when it doesn't make much sense. It's what they do.

Kronk left himself vulnerable because his actions, calls and statements are often contradictory and can sound like he is trying to hide something or is simply lying about some things. Even if he is being completely honest and forthright he can still sound suspicious. The defense is salivating for the chance to get him on the stand.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sumzoe24
Back