The Rumor Mill -- unsubstantiated, yet possible relevant information

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen those dolls being sold at craft shows. One in VA, anyway, a few years ago. They seemed to be really popular......they were selling like hot cakes (there is no accounting for taste). So I imagine a lot of different people make them. Maybe there is a pattern one can buy? They are creepy, IMO. I could not believe so many people were buying them. Very strange.

<modsnip> can you tell if it's a cabbage patch doll? (instead of a time out doll)

It's not a cabbage patch......the ones I've seen actually don't even have faces. The hands are glued to where the face would be.

Need to clarify, the dolls I've seen weren't cabbage patch....I haven't seen the picture w/ the doll near the memorial site/dumping ground. I am curious about it, though. Does it look like someone put it there.....like they would a teddy bear?

I googled time out doll and pulled up a lot of them, especially on Ebay. Many patterns also.

What exactly is a time out doll?

I believe it was the BTK killer who left a cereal box with a barbie that had a noose wrapped around it's neck. Get it? Cereal killer? What a fool.

<modsnip>can you tell if it's a cabbage patch doll? (instead of a time out doll)

100% sure it is NOT a cabbage patch doll.

And I´m 99.99% sure it IS a time out doll.
(also somtimes called; timeout doll shy dolls, hide n seek dolls, peek-a-boo dolls and corner kids)

It's not a cabbage patch......the ones I've seen actually don't even have faces. The hands are glued to where the face would be.

Need to clarify, the dolls I've seen weren't cabbage patch....I haven't seen the picture w/ the doll near the memorial site/dumping ground. I am curious about it, though. Does it look like someone put it there.....like they would a teddy bear?

Yes somone no doubt put it there on purpos, in the picture I have it is staged, half sitting, half lying, leaning up against Maureens cross.

Does anyone know if there were other dolls at the other Gb4 victims dumping grounds?

If there was only a doll at Maureen's dumping ground I tend to belive that it was not the killer who put it there, but I could be wrong about that though.

TO ADMIN; Can I post the picture?

What exactly is a time out doll?

I believe it was the BTK killer who left a cereal box with a barbie that had a noose wrapped around it's neck. Get it? Cereal killer? What a fool.

Here is a description of this kind of dolls, horrible, scarry and SICK if you ask me.
And if you read the many comments in the link, it seem to be the over all concensus that they are totaly scarry.

http://thehairpin.com/2011/11/looking-for-something-to-lighten-up-a-dark-corner

Sharon's Shy Kids — lifesize, faceless dolls designed to stand in corners or lean against walls as if they're being punished — "make an ideal gift for any occasion." They cost $115 each (although Shy Kid-making kits go for about half that), and are also known as "time out dolls, timeout doll, pouty pouting dolls, tantrum tots, shy dolls, hide n seek dolls, peek-a-boo dolls and corner kids," according to Sharon or a Sharon representative. "[T]hese dolls are not designed as toys but as stunning addition to any room. ... Stand one in the corner of a room, against a couch, on the porch or anywhere you like and watch the reaction of your guests or just enjoy." Enjoy. There is no maximum to the number of Shy Kids you can order.

Here is a description of this kind of dolls, horrible, scarry and SICK if you ask me.
And if you read the many comments in the link, it seem to be the over all concensus that they are totaly scarry.

http://thehairpin.com/2011/11/looking-for-something-to-lighten-up-a-dark-corner

Sharon's Shy Kids — lifesize, faceless dolls designed to stand in corners or lean against walls as if they're being punished — "make an ideal gift for any occasion." They cost $115 each (although Shy Kid-making kits go for about half that), and are also known as "time out dolls, timeout doll, pouty pouting dolls, tantrum tots, shy dolls, hide n seek dolls, peek-a-boo dolls and corner kids," according to Sharon or a Sharon representative. "[T]hese dolls are not designed as toys but as stunning addition to any room. ... Stand one in the corner of a room, against a couch, on the porch or anywhere you like and watch the reaction of your guests or just enjoy." Enjoy. There is no maximum to the number of Shy Kids you can order.

Wow. Creepy. Hilarious comments though.

So IF the killer placed these items there, is the message that he put the girls in a "time out" and "punished them" for leading a lifestyle he disapproved of? Is it meant as dark humor?

Or maybe it was a well intended, yet creepy well wisher. Hmmm.....

Someone could have thought the doll was mourning? It seems like a stretch, but I'm trying to see it from every possible angle.

It also seems like the kind of prank an insensitive person might play.

I'm reading the comments at the hairpin site, they are hilarious. I have an upset stomach from laughing so hard.

Those dolls are such a nightmare. My first thought was of the ending of the Blair Witch Project. Would love to see the picture, foreigner, how did you get it?

I am trying to figure out why anyone would put one of those things at a memorial site... or anywhere, for that matter.

awfully expensive to throw around these bewildering and disgusting dolls at $115.00 a pop....? what a strange thing to do...

they are faceless like the victims...this is a terrible commentary if they are left by a killer.

shouldn't they have surveillance on this entire area?

astonishing....I hope it was a well meaning individual but the implication of a faceless life sized doll is sinister.

Is Charles Serota said by Gus to be in charge of the tapes the same Charles Serota who the Hannah and Charles Serota Academic Center is named for? The Hannah and Charles Serota Academic Center is part of the New York College of Osteopathic Medicine where "Dr. Hackett graduated from New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine"

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...ett&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a

It looks like Charles Serota & Morton Serota may own Fort Knox Mini Storage at 1960 veterans highway Islandia, NY which is quit close to oak beach, LIE, hecksher state park. They also rent U-Hauls which remember it was reportedly seen by JB and a friends loading a u-haul suspiciously in the night...

Does anyone know if Charlie Serota owns strip clubs in the area?

hi all,im a newbie here and i am the person who has the pics with the dolls,apparently they were placed on all four sites except sg.if its ok i will put them up if someone can tell me how to do it.thanx all

theforeigner, I noticed in the comments of your link that most feel these dolls are creepy and I agree. I also noticed a few comments of these dolls being used at car shows and someone provided a link.

http://jalopnik.com/5834801/why-do-car-collectors-put-creepy-dolls-on-their-bumpers/

Do any of our LI locals know if this creepy trend occurs at the car shows in the area? TIA

wm

Reading about the night SG knocked on GC's door for help - it was mentioned that GC was up early that morning only because he was attending a car show in Rhinebeck, NY, that day.

Reading about the night SG knocked on GC's door for help - it was mentioned that GC was up early that morning only because he was attending a car show in Rhinebeck, NY, that day.

Thank you NS! I recalled one of the players attending a car show but couldn't recall who.

I wonder if these dolls are a trend at those car shows on LI?

wm

the car shows on long island do not have these dolls leaning on them.there are car shows every sunday in the nice weather at oak beach park and i have never seen these dolls.

can someone tell me how to upload pics?i have 4 pics of the sites with these dolls leaning on the crosses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nat Dru