The Rumor Mill -- unsubstantiated, yet possible relevant information

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If he was prescribed opioids, I have no doubt the police would have investigated that avenue as well. When it was placed, when it was filled, how many remain etc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I would hope so SearchingMike. It sounds like Dr. Hackett was a well known figure in the area.

If he was prescribed opioids, I have no doubt the police would have investigated that avenue as well. When it was placed, when it was filled, how many remain etc.

I wish I could believe that were true, but I don't think the po-po ever went that deep with Hackett.

That's a rather nasty assertion unless there is serious evidence to suggest otherwise, especially for a medical professional. And leaving this comment aside, SG's actions at 4am onwards aren't consistent with the use of an opioid. As Dr. Tumosa says, it fits more with the use of PCP or synthetic marijuana.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/sp...o-evade-drug-tests/ar-BBsLNoz?ocid=spartanntp Note the loss of clothing; PCP and its ilk can radically raise your core body temperature.

As the article says you can get this stuff at some gas stations....we don't need to postulate Dr. Hackett was involved in some nefarious drug dealings.

We don't even have evidence she EVER went to his house. The most we can hypothesize is that SG entered the bramble/marsh near Dr. Hackett's house. That is a fair assertion.

There just isn't any time in the timeline of that morning for Dr. Hackett to realistically have interacted with SG.

Shannon's actions do not fit a PCP freak out or synthetic marijuana (ever smoked this stuff robert?). You are making wild assumptions. What gas stations within 15 min of Oak Beach sold spice in 2010? You think they drove down to that nice house in the gated community and copped some of that sherm stick? you are out of touch with the logistics here

In the LISK chat room, Candyce Brooke used to claim that her friend Paul Adams (the guy from the burglary ring with the cop, years before the bust) used to get opiates or suboxone from Dr. Hackett. Obviously could be BS but its someone other than fluke making the claim

That's a rather nasty assertion unless there is serious evidence to suggest otherwise, especially for a medical professional. And leaving this comment aside, SG's actions at 4am onwards aren't consistent with the use of an opioid. As Dr. Tumosa says, it fits more with the use of PCP or synthetic marijuana.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/sp...o-evade-drug-tests/ar-BBsLNoz?ocid=spartanntp Note the loss of clothing; PCP and its ilk can radically raise your core body temperature.

As the article says you can get this stuff at some gas stations....we don't need to postulate Dr. Hackett was involved in some nefarious drug dealings.

We don't even have evidence she EVER went to his house. The most we can hypothesize is that SG entered the bramble/marsh near Dr. Hackett's house. That is a fair assertion.

There just isn't any time in the timeline of that morning for Dr. Hackett to realistically have interacted with SG.

And you are completely forgetting or ignoring that Dr. Hackett admitted to administering Shannan a sedative, so he clearly at some point interacted with the Shannan during that timeline

The news showed individuals on synthetic marijuana. They looked like heroin users. Nodding out.

There are also those like the case in Florida where was called a zombie. Stripped naked and ate a homeless man's face

And you are completely forgetting or ignoring that Dr. Hackett admitted to administering Shannan a sedative, so he clearly at some point interacted with the Shannan during that timeline
What record do you have of Hackett admitting to administering a sedative? I can only recall Mari saying that in 1 of the 15 versions she has come out with if that conversation. Hackett has never once admitting to having ANY interaction with SG

Call it a hunch, but when I saw photos of the vegetation Shannon would have entered I could not (and still cannot) envision any earthly reason why I would go in there unless I was in fear of my life, or very stoned. Now, such a wide spread between possibilities (and theoretical ones, too) don't really get us too far in terms of process of elimination, but one thing I would point out is that while they are not mutually exclusive - you can quite easily be stoned and under threat, obviously, but equally it is quite possible to be so stoned that you BELIEVE you are under threat - either from someone who isn't there at all, or even from someone who is actually coming after you to try and help. I've seen it, and it's not pretty.

The removal of her jeans and them being found around half a mile from where her body ends up is a very curious detail - I don't really have a solution to propose but it is an aspect which certainly shouldn't be ignored. It is hard to envision any scenario whereby she was not the one who removed them herself for whatever reason, which again doesn't seem like a very rational thing to do for someone responding appropriately to a dire threat. Once again we come back to either the threat was there but she wasn't responding appropriately towards it, or the threat wasn't there at all which means she wasn't responding appropriately to her environment. And as an aside, if someone WAS chasing her presumably at a short distance and she stopped to remove her jeans, it seems odd they didn't manage to catch up with her then or shortly after but still needed another half a mile or so to do so.

Be it issues with her prescribed meds, or recreational drugs (and then be it PCP, Spice, Ketamine, or whatever), or alcohol, or a mental health crisis...etc...or a combination,nit nevertheless seems difficult to me to imagine that there wasn't SOMETHING up with Gilbert's brain chemistry at that point.

I happen to be acutely aware of issues of victim blaming, and of being disrespectful to the victims of crime in discussing their lives and so forth - but equally I don't really see why certain people with an interest in this case seem to see it as such an awful value judgement if anyone even entertains the possibility that Gilbert may have taken drugs on that night, as if they need to protect her reputation or something. Given her line of work I think it's more than likely she took most things she could get her hands on; I know I would. That doesn't make her a bad person, but we can go down a lot of blind alleys if we attempt to paint her as a saint.

And are some of the things that have been said about Dr Hackett without any proof (including on this thread) ethically any better? I'm not so sure.

I am ignoring this because it isn't the case. Point me to where Dr. Hackett has publicly said this. He never has. Never admitted it, never did it.

There is a simple fact here in a rather complicated case: with all the 911 calls being made, and with a number of eyewitnesses, one can derive a fairly detailed timeline of the events of the evening once Shannan started acting erratically. It is up as one of the slides from the Baltimore talk. Take a look at it. From the time Brewer asked Pak to help him get Shannan out of his house, to the time the police arrived, there are very very few gaps in the narrative.

There simply wasn't time for Dr. Hackett to get involved in dealing with SG in any way shape or form. The entire story simply makes no sense.

I'm not trying to be nasty, I am trying to make sense of this like everone else. Dr. Hackett himself played a role somehow by calling Mari with the 'alleged' story about him treating Shannan and the home for wayward girls. That is Mari's story that she recounted. There are records of the calls. Why did he do such a thing and how did he get Mari's number if he didn't interact with Shannan? He is also disabled and I infer he most likely takes medication. Pill hounds prey and befriend and use these people for their own gain.

There are records of calls. There are no independent records of what was said on the calls, and in fact the story of what Dr. Hackett said is different at various points in the narrative.

I would hope we can agree that Dr. Hackett never had a "home for wayward girls" and that it is a very very odd turn of phrase. I think I mentioned that my research team are all Ripperologists and frankly it is a term right out of 1888, not the present day. Our heads snapped back when we first read it.

The events of that night were tragic, but i think we have to strip down to the hard facts if we are going to make sense of how this poor girl lost her life. If she was not a LISK victim - and we don't think she was - trying to fit her into the case is not going to lead to sound conclusions.

Robert Anderson is or could be seen as an interesting name in this case..Robert Anderson is the name of a Captain from the Captree fleet....interestingly enough a FB search identifies a client ...Mr Jung...who frequents and has glowing refrences to their service, who just so happens to be friends of the last known person with Shannan....

This real Mr Anderson would no doubt be aware of a Mr Schaller team member of the Lauralee fleet operating out if Captree...

If Im the only one weirded out by this........puggle sits alone in the corner....

Just thought it worth mentioning......peace out .

Just curious...why do you get your own sub thread. ..that sits at the top of all the long island serial killer threads.?

Robert Anderson is or could be seen as an interesting name in this case..Robert Anderson is the name of a Captain from the Captree fleet....interestingly enough a FB search identifies a client ...Mr Jung...who frequents and has glowing refrences to their service, who just so happens to be friends of the last known person with Shannan....

This real Mr Anderson would no doubt be aware of a Mr Schaller team member of the Lauralee fleet operating out if Captree...

If Im the only one weirded out by this........puggle sits alone in the corner....

I answered you on another thread just now. I am not that Robert Anderson. But I am real.....So much for posting under one's real name! Just trying to be straightforward.

We did a talk; I think it has some "new" takes on the LISK case, and I am here to discuss it. Happy to be proved wrong on things as well. We'd like to see justice for the Gilgo4 as well as other possible LISK victims. Hopefully we all have that as common ground.

There are records of calls. There are no independent records of what was said on the calls, and in fact the story of what Dr. Hackett said is different at various points in the narrative.

I would hope we can agree that Dr. Hackett never had a "home for wayward girls" and that it is a very very odd turn of phrase. I think I mentioned that my research team are all Ripperologists and frankly it is a term right out of 1888, not the present day. Our heads snapped back when we first read it.

The events of that night were tragic, but i think we have to strip down to the hard facts if we are going to make sense of how this poor girl lost her life. If she was not a LISK victim - and we don't think she was - trying to fit her into the case is not going to lead to sound conclusions.

If you and your TEAM. .. don't think she is relative..what are your teams conclusions thus far on this whole case.....curious. .

tnv83, you make alot of good points. At least you question what does not makes sense. About SG. I dont recall anyone painting her as a saint. I think the problem lies with people wondering why individuals acted like the girls activities was worse than being a killer.

Robert Anderson, there are records of the calls. Calls CPH denied making until a indepedent record surfaced. We could agree that CPH does not run a home for wayward girls. But that in itself does not mean SG did not end up on his doorstep. There might be more to this than meets the eye. He might know something and is afraid to talk. Our opinions are based on what we dont know.

I answered you on another thread just now. I am not that Robert Anderson. But I am real.....So much for posting under one's real name! Just trying to be straightforward.

We did a talk; I think it has some "new" takes on the LISK case, and I am here to discuss it. Happy to be proved wrong on things as well. We'd like to see justice for the Gilgo4 as well as other possible LISK victims. Hopefully we all have that as common ground.

Im not seeking any droid..whatever that means....

you sought out contact with Bess a year ago. ......good for you.

Wish you and your syphillis team all the best.

If you and your TEAM. .. don't think she is relative..what are your teams conclusions thus far on this whole case.....curious. .

There is about a 90 minute talk up on Rippercast along with the slide show which is helpful. That has most of our thoughts, edited for time concerns. The focus for this talk was primarily Oak Beach because what one thinks about LISK is shaped by what you think about the events the night SG disappeared. It is the single most important decision you can make when approaching the case.

http://www.casebook.org/podcast/

We come in peace. We are not trying to dominate WS; trying to share and learn.

What record do you have of Hackett admitting to administering a sedative? I can only recall Mari saying that in 1 of the 15 versions she has come out with if that conversation. Hackett has never once admitting to having ANY interaction with SG

Would you? Or would you do what he did? Move to Florida. His situation might fall under "no good deed goes unpunished". No way to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay