The Sidebar - Harris Trial #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My husband's birthday today also, as well as a veteran. We spend the day shooting some sporting clays out at the gun club. Perfect day!

Shooting clays is fun. I'm waiting in line to pick up the 6 year old grandson. Then my youngest son (19) and I are taking him fishing til dark. Then son and I driving to College Station for the Aggie game tomorrow evening. Midnight Yell practice tonight at Kyle Field...I'm gonna need coffee

Did he not watch the vet video, as well as LH sent him news articles? He didn't necessarily have to Google - it seems like it was a hot topic at their house.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

He watched the vet video once. L sent him an email (18 months before Cooper's death IIRC) but the defence computer expert said he didn't read it. He saw an ad on TV telling people to "Look Again". He never googled the topic, as far as we know. The defence expert said he didn't delete any internet history.

I'm having trouble posting.

Does anyone know what the news article that L sent actually was? A kid in New York who was left in a car in 2013 but I don't know any details.

I stumbled across this article about a Canadian dad who left his son in the car, though. This is the first article I've found to mention odour. BBM.

Confident that he had dropped off all his children, “Simon” headed home to work and parked his car in the driveway.

“I went home. I closed the windows. I went inside and started working,” he said.

The car sat in the hot sun until 4:30 p.m., when “Simon” went back out to pick up his children.

“I got in the car. It was hot in the car. I opened the windows,” he said.

"There was no odor. I didn’t notice anything.”

When he arrived at the daycare, he said the educator looked surprised, saying “the little one didn’t come in today?”

https://www.google.com/amp/globalne...out-after-leaving-baby-to-die-in-hot-car/amp/

Stoddard then talks about an email from Leanna Harris on Jan. 30, 2013, with a subject line "Don't be this dad." It contained al ink to a local TV station's story about a father who leaves a child in his car for eight hours on a cold day. A second email is a forward of a message headed "Look again" from a state agency.

A third email sent on May 13, 2014, a little more than a month before Cooper's death, said "a 2-year-old in Clarkston, Ga., died after being left in her mother's car," Stoddard says.

http://www.ajc.com/news/minute-minu...rris-murder-trial-oct/f0ZOLHwG4Q0lopONPoeTDK/

I think this is the case L was referring to when she typed "Don't be this dad".

Authorities say a New York man who left his 1-year-old son in his car for eight hours in frigid weather only realized his mistake after a call from his wife...

Police say the baby didn’t suffer any injuries despite temperatures that didn’t top 15 degrees.
Police said Friday they haven’t determined if the father would be charged.

http://archive.azcentral.com/news/free/20130125new-york-bay-in-car-cold-day-father.html?from=global

I encourage you to go listen to State OS on what they considered for malice. Also what they said then and then in Closing.. knowing what we heard from testimony during trial. One being Jaynie Meadows testimony.. both on Direct and Cross then for Boring to still hold that RH killed Cooper to be with Jaynie??? :facepalm: JMHO

Aww, come on, who cares if he spent more on a hooker than on her, or that he was still sexting at least 6 other women, or that he said he would not leave his wife, or that she said that she could not leave her boyfriend because of their puppy, or that they only met one time in real life, or that they only talked on and off intermittently before the "murder", or that he was just trying to have sex with her, he SAID he loved her. :facepalm:

And I think this is the story L emailed R about a month before Cooper died.

The mother reportedly took one child inside to change its diaper and told her sister-in-law to watch the other play outside.

Clarkston police say for some unknown reason, the sister-in-law got distracted.

The car door had been left open and the toddler climbed in and somehow the door closed, trapping the child inside.

Police say it was an hour before anyone realized the little girl was missing. The mother and sister-in-law looked for the toddler and found the child in the car, but she was not breathing.

http://myfox8.com/2014/05/14/2-year-old-ga-girl-dies-after-getting-lock-in-mothers-car/

Ok seriously the part where he is completely sobbing hysterically and the LH cell phone buzzes and he completely shuts off the sobbing and says your phone..who is it....
How is that freaking possible? He's totally composed....t o t a l l y

I am going to chime in here with my opinion.
I do know people react differently. But this guy, to me, just does not seem sincere at all. I have not been able to follow this case much.. it makes me ill. He COULD be innocent.. but my opinion....I am not convinced. He gets composed TOO easy under the circumstances. My opinion.

Why did LH keep emailing him things about children being left in the car?

It seems like reverse psychology!

Agree. She texted him if he made it to work at 9:30 that day.

But she didn't ask if he dropped Cooper off.

And what about his text about what time are you picking up our buddy.

Wth.

I am going to chime in here with my opinion.
I do know people react differently. But this guy, to me, just does not seem sincere at all. I have not been able to follow this case much.. it makes me ill. He COULD be innocent.. but my opinion....I am not convinced. He gets composed TOO easy under the circumstances. My opinion.

He's not sincere. He's a lying liar who lies! He has a justification or a response or rationalization for everything, all the time.

I've worked in 3 different jails over the past 8 years, along with psych and substance abuse treatment. Ross Harris is just like many, many other inmates out there.

I can tell there are some people on this board who have no actual experience with people like him in real life and they're basing all their arguments on what they know from what I call "book learning" rather than real life experience with people like this. Once you've dealt with 1000 people exactly like him you realize it IS actually possible for people to be that way.

Evil exists.

He watched the vet video once. L sent him an email (18 months before Cooper's death IIRC) but the defence computer expert said he didn't read it. He saw an ad on TV telling people to "Look Again". He never googled the topic, as far as we know. The defence expert said he didn't delete any internet history.

Nope he didn't but he didn't have any history beyond that day on his phone if I remember correctly. And he was attached to his phone so that was for sure deleted IMO

From what I remember -not arguing just remembering it that way- could be wrong and I don't have time right now to find the link.

And I concur - thanks for all the links on the news stories Leanna probably sent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personally, I have no idea what any one thought or felt. I am only going by the words that were STATED as we can hear them. I can no more get into anyone's head and read their minds than anyone else here. Taking ones words for face value is all we have. I do find it funny/weird that people even the STATE, want to cherry pick what to believe and what not to. As Kilgore pointed out... they want to use "escape" but not that his said his son was "awesome". So much of this case has been blown out of context. I don't get that ... hell it awful enough just by factual stuff.

JMHO Det Murphy demeanor makes me think he knows stuff was screwed up and he was put in a bad position. He would not say who told him the stuff overheard from Stoddards interview and told him. Defense was NOT allowed to bring that out. I have feeling who but since it jmho I wont say but will say they did testify ;)

Oh, c'mon, Mimi, let's discuss what you're thinking. What are your thoughts? :)

He's not sincere. He's a lying liar who lies! He has a justification or a response or rationalization for everything, all the time.

I've worked in 3 different jails over the past 8 years, along with psych and substance abuse treatment. Ross Harris is just like many, many other inmates out there.

I can tell there are some people on this board who have no actual experience with people like him in real life and they're basing all their arguments on what they know from what I call "book learning" rather than real life experience with people like this. Once you've dealt with 1000 people exactly like him you realize it IS actually possible for people to be that way.

Evil exists.

BBM Is it necessary to take jabs at other people to make your point? Personally I don't think it is. Your argument should be able to stand on its own without implying things about people who may not share it.

That is one of the things I like about this forum - we share our opinions openly without falling into personal attacks (at least most of the time).

What do you mean by reverse psychology in this instance? That she hoped by constantly warning RH about the dangers of leaving children in cars that RH would leave Cooper in the car?:thinking:

Aww, come on, who cares if he spent more on a hooker than on her, or that he was still sexting at least 6 other women, or that he said he would not leave his wife, or that she said that she could not leave her boyfriend because of their puppy, or that they only met one time in real life, or that they only talked on and off intermittently before the "murder", or that he was just trying to have sex with her, he SAID he loved her. :facepalm:

Very nice summary.

Here's one of my favorite exchanges during Kilgore's Recross:

KILGORE: Well, the fact is you are really upset with Ross because you found out that you weren’t the only woman that he was texting with; isn’t that true?
MEADOWS: It doesn’t change what I’m saying, though.

BBM Is it necessary to take jabs at other people to make your point? Personally I don't think it is. Your argument should be able to stand on its own without implying things about people who may not share it.

That is one of the things I like about this forum - we share our opinions openly without falling into personal attacks (at least most of the time).
I think it's perfectly legitimate to point out that some people don't have experience dealing with the lower echelons of society. I've worked in a prison, I've worked in LE and I'm currently an investigator. I've met people and dealt with personalities that immediately made my hair stand on end, and it turns out for good reason. I absolutely believe that I've got skills that are honed through legitimate, real world experience and not from reading about evil - but seeing it and having that as my daily work environment. Obviously, there's a huge difference.

Even if it was interpreted as being harsh, no one named any names and we didn't have to use a "safe zone".

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members