The Sidebar - Harris Trial #3 *VERDICT - GUILTY*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they'll be hung and I think she will give them an Allen charge (which I disagree with) and I won't venture to guess if they will stay hung or not.

Such an instruction became known as an Allen charge and is given when, after deliberation, a jury reports that it is deadlocked and unable to decide on a verdict. Because it is used to dislodge jurors from entrenched positions, the Allen charge is sometimes referred to as the "dynamite charge" or the "hammer charge.
I guess it is safe to assume they are not in agreement on all but since they have so many may be just taking them a while to go through. Good thing is as many have said they are taking their time. I see on Twitter people going over times in other cases. Next week is Thanksgiving and some had plans out of town. Hopefully they dont' have to go all week. JMHO

Yes, clearly there's a divide somewhere. I'm surprised we haven't gotten a "we're stuck" note yet. 19 hours is a long time.

Yes, if they don't agree on malice, they can probably (I hope) agree on the other charges. That's my hunch of what is happening, but what do I know.

Just waiting....

If they hang on malice then I;m not sure they would convict on felony murder. Because those are two separate theories - one is intent and one is criminal negligence. But they could still find him guilty of the counts that have to do with a minor. I;m not sure. Minor 4th? What do you think?

I think 19 hours isn't too long on a possible life sentence. That's about three full court days. It could go 4-7 maybe? scott peterson was 7 days. Robert Blake was 9 days. sandusky was 20 hours. With all that evidence. Phil Spector was 30 hours. Mendendez brothers 4 days. I think that in high profile cases where there is a convciton it tends to take longer, Aquittals seem faster: http://www.hlntv.com/slideshow/2013/03/19/jodi-arias-trial-famous-trial-deliberation-times

[video=twitter;798254395842588676]https://twitter.com/RossCavittWSB/status/798254395842588676[/video]

I also think all the breaks they;re getting isn't too much. We ask a lot of jurors. They give up their lives for this and agree to do this civic duty that many excuse their way out of. They are exposed to some horrible stuff. There is probably a lot of intensity in the courtroom. I need a lot of breaks from my job because it is intense. The more intense a task is, the more your brain needs breaks now and then.

If they hang on malice then I;m not sure they would convict on felony murder. Because those are two separate theories - one is intent and one is criminal negligence. But they could still find him guilty of the counts that have to do with a minor. I;m not sure. Minor 4th? What do you think?

I agree with you. If they're divided on malice, then they're divided on intent and would probably be hung on the CC charges and felony murder as well.

They are not lesser included offenses; they are alternative murder charges.

I wasn't expecting it today!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Verdict has been reached. Hoping for justice for Cooper.

I cannot watch court chatter...any other place?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper