The Sidebar - Harris Trial #3 *VERDICT - GUILTY*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kids know how to work their parents' phones at a young age. You see kids as youngas 3 taking selfies and videoing themselves. If they take naked photographs of themselves (upon the request of an adult), they are still to be blamed? The law has drawn the line for accountability at the age of consent.
Respectfully Peach, this is not the context of what has happened here. We are not talking about a 3 year old posting on a social media site saying they are 18 and that they like older men. :facepalm: It was a 15 year old who in 21 min posted a photo of her vagina! apples and watermelons.. JMHO

[video=twitter;798239134590504960]https://twitter.com/DuffieDixon/status/798239134590504960[/video]

The 8 count indictment from March 2016, is not what we are awaiting verdict. I am aware that the 2016 indictment is for 3 teens. The charges in THIS case, which Chelsea D who was a minor at time and now 19, and who is NOT listed on the March 2016 indictment. My question/confusing is... how many teens are on these charges? Other than 1, Chelsea D who was named? 1 other?2 other?3 total?teens?

Count 6 - Criminal Attempt to Commit a Felony - "..the accused did request that a minor female...provide a photograph and visual medium involving a lewd exhibition of her genital and pubic area..."

Count 7 - Dissemination of *advertiser censored* to Minors - "..accused did knowingly disseminate and furnish a minor female printed matter containing explicit and detailed verbal descriptions and narrative accounts of sexual excitement and sexual conduct..."

Count 8 - Dissemination of *advertiser censored* to Minors - "..accused person did knowingly disseminate and furnish to a minor female a photograph and visual image of a portion of the human body which depicted sexually explicit nudity, to wit: a photograph and visual image of uncovered male genitals in a discernibly turgid state.." http://www.courtchatter.com/justin-ross-harris-trial-archive

I thought CD was the only one in this case, but there were two minors who testified. It's no more than two girls in this case. I am sorry that I cannot be more precise.

Does anyone think this could end in a hung jury?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think it will be, but I bet they are divided on malice. Just a hunch that they are just like us.

Waiting....

jmo

Only person to blame is Ross. He is one heck of a charmer.

When I was 15, we went and dropped my sister off at college, in another state. At the time I was chatting online, this is like 1996, chatting online was so different. I came across this guy who lived in the town my sister was going to, he tried to convinced me to somehow sneak away and meet him at this store. Thankfully I was scared of my parents and processed no in my head pretty quickly. Not the same as almost showing pics. I think that a lot of teens do this nowadays. And it is not ok. Makes me sad. They don't realize the consequences as adults do. Hoping my kids are scared of me and don't do stupid stuff..

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyGirl View Post
Harris is accused of possessing lewd photographs of two underage girls, sending nude photos to those girls and one other and engaging in sexually explicit chats with all three.

The eight-count indictment includes two counts of sexual exploitation of children and six of disseminating harmful material to a minor.

http://www.ajc.com/news/crime--law/j...FeI1g2eSGTo3M/

1. He possessed lewd photographs of 2 underage girls
2. He sent nude photos of himself to 3 underage girls
3. He engaged in sexually explicit chats with all 3 underage girls

I think there are actually 4 different minors.
There are three different girls in the March 2016 indictment plus the minor from the current case.

Thank you Peach. (I dont see until after I go back from making another post)

LOL. Many, many dead horses have been beaten, over and over, time to let them all be. The best verdict watches are when both sides wave truce flags and settle down to eat cake.:floating::cake4u:

Ha! My hubby made Brunswick stew for me last night - having leftovers for lunch...

Jury returns to deliberating. Next break at 2:30. Day ends at 4:30. Verdict today? :waiting:

This whole trial seem to have extra long breaks. I would be one heck of a Judge, super strict on times. I am a need to get it done now person. LOL

Since this is a Sidebar and it's been eating at me and making me emotional I will share my experience and how it colors my viewpoint on the minors.

I was molested as a child (7-8) by my best friend's father and sexualized behavior was normalized for me early on. I made bad decisions in my adolescence after being groomed by a 28 year old. I felt that I had to participate because my only worth was sexual. My nuclear family was strong and I was a straight A honors student but I wasn't healthy mentally. Cell phones weren't around back then or I probably would have tried to find self-esteem thru a misguided sext.

I ended up beaten and raped. I still shoulder a lot of guilt for my bad decisions even after a lot of therapy. If I had been a healthy adult I would not have made them but I only had my damaged, adolescent brain. I did make bad decisions but I can't hold myself to the same level of accountability as an adult.

I think that responsibility isn't one pie. The minors may (depending on your beliefs) be responsible for their actions coming from the mind of an adolescent. RH is 100% responsible for his adult pie. They are two separate pies. I believe that any ownership the minors may have doesn't take away from the RH's pie.

Sent from my Nexus 5X

Hugs. I'm sorry that happened to you.

Respectfully Peach, this is not the context of what has happened here. We are not talking about a 3 year old posting on a social media site saying they are 18 and that they like older men. :facepalm: It was a 15 year old who in 21 min posted a photo of her vagina! apples and watermelons.. JMHO

I don't care. This is a minor child being victimized in an imbalance of power. She cannot be complicit and is not. It would be different if she turned around and took photos of a younger kid she was in change of and sent them to Ross at his behest because then she would be in the power position over the three year old. Then she would be both victim and perp.

But that didn't happen. In this case, she is a victim. And I am shocked to see such victim bashing and blaming on websleuths. It's wrong.

Thanks for the support. I posted because it is such a complex issue. I think that the minors made bad decisions and hopefully are learning from those mistakes. Isn't that what pre-adulthood is about? However, no matter how much you put on their shoulders, IMO, it in no way lessens the responsibility of RH. RH is responsible for his actions absolutely. IMO.

I don't put blame on the minors but do acknowledge their bad decisions that came from a brain that wasn't fully developed at that age. To me a part of childhood (pre-18) is all about being able to make mistakes and learn from them with a safety net of sorts, pushing boundaries.

(((H4M))) I'm sorry to hear that you are a fellow survivor. Hopefully you are thriving!

Sent from my Nexus 5X

Since this is a Sidebar and it's been eating at me and making me emotional I will share my experience and how it colors my viewpoint on the minors.

I was molested as a child (7-8) by my best friend's father and sexualized behavior was normalized for me early on. I made bad decisions in my adolescence after being groomed by a 28 year old. I felt that I had to participate because my only worth was sexual. My nuclear family was strong and I was a straight A honors student but I wasn't healthy mentally. Cell phones weren't around back then or I probably would have tried to find self-esteem thru a misguided sext.

I ended up beaten and raped. I still shoulder a lot of guilt for my bad decisions even after a lot of therapy. If I had been a healthy adult I would not have made them but I only had my damaged, adolescent brain. I did make bad decisions but I can't hold myself to the same level of accountability as an adult.

I think that responsibility isn't one pie. The minors may (depending on your beliefs) be responsible for their actions coming from the mind of an adolescent. RH is 100% responsible for his adult pie. They are two separate pies. I believe that any ownership the minors may have doesn't take away from the RH's pie.

Sent from my Nexus 5X

Thank you so much for sharing what is an excruciating life experience for you. Your cyber friends support you.

:grouphug:

this case involved CD. Counts 6,7,8

The 2016 charges name 3 additional minors and 8 counts involving them
3 counts involve minor "M.A.B"
1 count involved minor "N. P"
4 counts refer to minor "K. R"

Thank you very much. That is what I thought. And the 14 yr old, that Stoddard referenced was not in this case but is in the March 2016 indictment. CD (Chelsea D) is now 19 yr old, she was blacked out, as was another teen witness... who had nothing to do with this case. Got it.

Please I beg this to end......

Where is the jury........arg

Moxie, Thank you for sharing. I think this is a GREAT topic to be talked about regarding this child because if it can make parents aware of how their child MAY be texting/chatting and prevents ONE teen from being raped, abducted, molested, taken advantage of, etc.... Its worth it.

I TOTALLY think Ross should be and will be found guilty, no doubt about it, he was in the wrong and perverted and i'd have kicked his *advertiser censored* into a 6' hole if he had sent a pic like that to my daughter, BUT the teens knew what they were doing. They were not 'children' in that definition. They most likely were insecure or even headstrong teens experimenting with the world.

I have had an experience where I stepped in with my daughters friend who was doing the SAME thing, at MY house, on MY DAUGHTERS computer. Luckily my daughter (14) knew that her friend was getting in over her head and talked to me about it. I sat BOTH of them down and discussed the what could happen and why's over it. This girl was an honor student, smart, decent family, but craved male attention (her father was 'there' but not very active in family activities) and she had Double D' breasts in 7th grade... so it got her LOTS of attention and she used them for even more... Her mother knew NONE of her online life or that she was messaging with a 25 yr old and planned on meeting him. After our talk I gave her the choice of telling her mother herself or I'd do it with her, or seperately, her choice. But it was going to be done. I did NOT want her getting hurt.

I DO not BLAME the teens, but they must also take responsibility for their actions. They are NOT held up to much responsibility these days for anything.. and are given passes for things OUR parents would have kicked our butts for. The availability of these 'snapchat' hidden online worlds, is dangerous and it is parents responsibility to KNOW what their kids are doing. If you want to consider them children at 15 or 16 then PARENT them at that age. Don't give them total freedom. Spy, monitor, whatever you want to call it. KNOW what they are doing. Once they are at college, its a lot harder to do so if you don't do it in the mid teens, you WILL not be able to instill those morals/ethics and security of self for them to make the RIGHT decisions or think twice before making the bad ones (and we all do, its how we learn).

Not beating a dead horse, i love horses... and like I said, if just ONE parent on here talks to their teen about this, and their friends and the dangers of these websites/social media apps, and ONE teen is safer... then give me a whip. :)

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member