The Sidebar - Harris Trial

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like to take my kids with me...I think it's important they learn from a tiny age ...

My grandparents and mom took me to vote every time when I was little. It has always been very important to us.

My 8 year old has watched all three debates with me. I absolutely LOVE the election process (at least every other cycle, maybe not this one!) and election day is like a holiday in this house! I have photos of her in a onesie that said "Babies for Obama" in front of the TV when he was declared the winner in 2008, and photos of her dropping our ballot in the box in 2012. She also asked random strangers if she could drop their ballots in the box LOL. She is beyond excited to be voting for "the first girl president" but I just wish it was a different girl!

Duffie Dixon 11AliveVerified account
‏@DuffieDixon
Jurors already sent a note saying they will be taking daily breaks at 10:30, 12:30 and 2:30 and leaving at 4:30. Jurors will NOT be working late on ANY day.

I agree- can't start too early. I've taken our DS with me to vote every election; first time he was 3 months old, last time, these primaries, I let him (behind the curtains ;)) vote for his dad (on the ballot as a party delegate).
I overheard my son(turned 8 at Halloween) tell his little buddy yesterday that he voted with me when he was just a few weeks old for the first time...lol was funny to hear but true,.he was strapped to my body and his sister was 1 1/2 years old and begging for the sticker...time flies..

‏@DuffieDixon
Jurors already sent a note saying they will be taking daily breaks at 10:30, 12:30 and 2:30 and leaving at 4:30.

ok, so no early leave today or are they planning for Wednesday and Thursday??

I'm taking my children later today. My 9 year old is beyond excited. I hate to see her disappointed so I make sure we talk about how both candidates have people who like them, and its always a 50/50 chance.

I'm waiting for my husband to get home from work, so we can all go together, I am hoping lines are not to long, we still have to register too.

‏@DuffieDixon
Jurors already sent a note saying they will be taking daily breaks at 10:30, 12:30 and 2:30 and leaving at 4:30. Jurors will NOT be working late on ANY day.

Is this a normal start to deliberations? It seems kind of strange to me.

‏@DuffieDixon

Wow. That's a lot of non-deliberating time. Wonder if they already know they're gonna need the breaks to cool off? :D

When we were watching the third debate my little girl was SO offended that Trump called Hillary a "nasty woman." She said that was very rude and has held a grudge ever since. So when we were trick or treating we came to a house known for giving full size candy bars but she stopped short in their driveway when she saw the TRUMP sign in their yard and said she didn't want to go there. I reminded her that they have the big candy bars and she goes, "NOPE! I don't want their candy!" and walked way. LOL!

Can we PLEASE not turn this thread into a political discussion?

I just can't imagine how it's his job to be there at all. Testimony's over.

I wonder, if because his career has been mostly dealing with crimes against children, if he feels the need to be present until verdict. I would assume it's a very emotional job whenever the victim is a child and maybe they get super attached

I'm taking my children later today. My 9 year old is beyond excited. I hate to see her disappointed so I make sure we talk about how both candidates have people who like them, and its always a 50/50 chance.

I'm waiting for my husband to get home from work, so we can all go together, I am hoping lines are not to long, we still have to register too.

I wish I could take kiddos with me.Our lines are SO long. Even early voting. Last presidential election I waited hours. (We still talk about it a lot even though they don't go, :) ) I'll never forget having to vote newly pregnant. The sweet ladies on either side of me kept my spot while I ran to the bathroom to puke. LOL, that one was a doozy.

‏@DuffieDixon

Do smokers even go that often? I wonder if they don't all mesh and for sanity sake have built in these breaks. I have never seen a schedule like this in all the court cases I have followed.

OMG WS website is driving me completely nuts. It keeps resetting everytime I type..I had to switch to tapatalk

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Honestly, it might be best for JRH if the verdict came out today or tomorrow so it gets overshadowed by the election in the media. Especially if he is acquitted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichelleleighD70