The Single Piece of Henkel Duct Tape Found NOT on Remains

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Val.....is the rug from the anthonys's that you mention have red fibers....the same rug that was mentioned in one of the reports as taken because it *lit up* with what ever LE use's to find stuff like ....blood, urine, decomp...etc ?

if it is....that could be used to show that caylee was placed there...on the rug......perhaps...while the duct tape was being placed on her.... somehow the duct tape came in contact with the rug....? maybe?

just a thought

Val.....is the rug from the anthonys's that you mention have red fibers....the same rug that was mentioned in one of the reports as taken because it *lit up* with what ever LE use's to find stuff like ....blood, urine, decomp...etc ?

if it is....that could be used to show that caylee was placed there...on the rug......perhaps...while the duct tape was being placed on her.... somehow the duct tape came in contact with the rug....

just a thought

Yeah, it's the same one. But I would be hesitant to put much weight in any commonality between fibers on that rug and things at the crime scene because you're talking about everybody who ever visited that house walking across that rug for as long as it was on the front porch. So any fibers on it could be from ANYBODY. I would have a hard time believing (unless KC moved the rug off the porch and into the garage or backyard) that it was involved in anything to do with preparing/disposing of the body. I would think she could find a lot more helpful things to lay the body on (i.e. things that weren't absorbent...like a plastic trash bag or something). Also, I wouldn't think she'd go to the front of the house in the middle of the day and move the rug...she would most likely stay out of sight and take something from inside the house or the backyard.

Just my personal opinion.

that makes since....i thought the rug was from the back porch....

do we know what color clothes kc was wearing that day....from the video store?

i was thinking.....when i rip off tape....and need to use more then one piece....i will rip a few off and stick them onto something....like a table ...or my pants....or even the back of my hand....so they can be quick to get to....

I'm not sure.

I found another place that "red cotton" fibers were located:

Q26 - debris from trunk - Caucasian body hair, black cotton, red cotton, off-white (d)

There are red cotton fibers in the vacuuming of the spare tire wheel well (Q54).

I also find it curious that the neckband of the "big trouble" shirt was intact (i.e. still in a closed loop). That implies a great deal about the locomotion of various parts of the remains.

It's possible Caylee sat on the red rug at some point before leaving the house and got red fibers on her shorts. Also it could be possible that the blanket was dropped on it.

If KC's original intention was to put Caylee to sleep in the car, she may have brought along a blanket. My daughter was a "blankie, binky and bear" sort of child, and until she was three insisted on having all of them at hand regardless of time of day. I know that Caylee always seemed to need her Mama doll and yet that was found in the car, which makes me wonder what KC's intentions actually were that night; she certainly didn't bother to think her child might need the comfort of her favorite toy if and when she woke up, if indeed she cared to think that far ahead.

I also find it curious that the neckband of the "big trouble" shirt was intact (i.e. still in a closed loop). That implies a great deal about the locomotion of various parts of the remains.
From reading in the media, I was always under the assumption that the bag(s) were tied with the duct tape, however, now after reading this discovery I don't think that is the case. I am now beginning to think that her hands may possibly have been tied. Heartwrenching!!!

I'm wondering too if the fibers could be from the rug from the porch? I noticed in the discovery that LE took this rug because it "lit up" when they were at the A's home. I'm thinking there is something about this rug that hasn't been released yet. JMO.

Remember I'm moving and using different tapes to pack boxes. There are so many kinds of tape, and they each seem to have there own distinct qualities. The duct tape all over this case is a BOMBSHELL. Keep Faith that there will be Justice for Caylee.

I haven't had time to read the entire thread, but did anyone else notice that on Page 2, Item 63 is "2 metal brackets with duct tape" from the storage shed. Sounds like the brackets had tape on them. Possibly the same brand.
http://www.wftv.com/_blank/18740700/detail.html

that makes since....i thought the rug was from the back porch....

do we know what color clothes kc was wearing that day....from the video store?

i was thinking.....when i rip off tape....and need to use more then one piece....i will rip a few off and stick them onto something....like a table ...or my pants....or even the back of my hand....so they can be quick to get to....

We can't be certain, but I agree the rug was taken from the back porch. They really don't have a "front porch", so to speak, just an entry way. If you look at the evidence sheet, everything listed is from the backyard porch...seat cushions, table cloths, furniture covers.....and the rug. she could have very easily laid Caylee down there.

We can't be certain, but I agree the rug was taken from the back porch. They really don't have a "front porch", so to speak, just an entry way. If you look at the evidence sheet, everything listed is from the backyard porch...seat cushions, table cloths, furniture covers.....and the rug. she could have very easily laid Caylee down there.

This fits with what I think may have happened.
I can’t wait for the trial…. we sleuth and get ideas and try to put
the pieces together. I would bet that LE has already put them together
and I think it will show exactly what happened to poor Caylee!
Can you imagine the look on the Anthony’s faces when they realize
that no one besides Kasey could have done this?

There are red cotton fibers in the vacuuming of the spare tire wheel well (Q54).

I wonder if these red fibers are simply from the trunk carpet/liner. I know in my trunk I have a woven covering that has grey/lt blue and dk blue. Just a though.

I'm packing boxes to move later this month. I'm using all kinds of different tapes, and all the while I keep going back to this case. Some tape is so sticky and strong I can barely get it off my finger if it wraps around, and even that is alittle terrifying.

Oh, how I hope Caylee was not conscious for the taping, and did not know who was doing it. For those involved in any way to this case we will never be able to forget it entirely, probably for the rest of our lives. The jurors will most likely be horror-stricken for years. I pray we see Justice for Caylee.

So do I, I really do pray the truth will prevail in this case so Caylee can have justice. (Whoever the murderer is.)

I know what you mean, duct tape is scary stuff, dangerous to have anywhere in a household with kids (any tape is potentially dangerous), we always keep ours on a high shelf. I remember early in this case when a lot of us were thinking Caylee might have been killed in a household accident, tape actually was one of the things we wondered about, or playing with a plastic bag, etc. I hope Caylee wasn't awake for the taping either. The fact that her mouth was taped could indicate she was awake and needed to be silenced, but I hope not.
I'm sure you're right about what the jury will go through.

Agreeing with Val that the Q104 duct tape does appear to have been tampered with by animals, unlike Q62-Q64:

View attachment 5513

Add to that the fact that the hairs recovered are "fringe hairs". The FBI defines these as:

Or possibly arm hairs?

animal predation, or melted? It does have an interesting edge.

I guess since part of the remains were dragged, animal predation on that segment is likely.

Thanks for the definitions of what "fringe hairs" are in FBI lingo everyone, I had thought at first the term just meant "fringe" as in "bangs"!

So do I, I really do pray the truth will prevail in this case so Caylee can have justice. (Whoever the murderer is.)

I know what you mean, duct tape is scary stuff, dangerous to have anywhere in a household with kids (any tape is potentially dangerous), we always keep ours on a high shelf. I remember early in this case when a lot of us were thinking Caylee might have been killed in a household accident, tape actually was one of the things we wondered about, or playing with a plastic bag, etc. I hope Caylee wasn't awake for the taping either. The fact that her mouth was taped could indicate she was awake and needed to be silenced, but I hope not.
I'm sure you're right about what the jury will go through.

bbm~ Hi seagull...when was this if you remember? I don't remember that ever being discussed at all. I must have missed it somehow even though it seems like I was on here 24/7 in the beginning. I really don't see how duct tape is dangerous myself, it's hard enough for an adult to pull a piece off from my experience..but that of course is jmo.

I so agree with you and Curious about hoping that Caylee did not know what was going on at the time, that just makes me want to cry. :( I doubt that ANYONE will ever know KC's reasoning behind doing something so horrifying...:furious:

Yeah, it's the same one. But I would be hesitant to put much weight in any commonality between fibers on that rug and things at the crime scene because you're talking about everybody who ever visited that house walking across that rug for as long as it was on the front porch. So any fibers on it could be from ANYBODY. I would have a hard time believing (unless KC moved the rug off the porch and into the garage or backyard) that it was involved in anything to do with preparing/disposing of the body. I would think she could find a lot more helpful things to lay the body on (i.e. things that weren't absorbent...like a plastic trash bag or something). Also, I wouldn't think she'd go to the front of the house in the middle of the day and move the rug...she would most likely stay out of sight and take something from inside the house or the backyard.

Just my personal opinion.

Is this the seafoam green rug, I think that one was from the back porch, the one that "lit up" under the special light? So did that rug have some red fibers on it? Or is there another rug from the front porch?
I wonder what the stain will turn out to be, whether actually from Caylee, or just some spill or accident from the dogs or something, or pool water from people standing there before going in, or what?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back