The State Rests in the State v Jodi Arias: break in trial until 28 January 2013 #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Selena ran something like 392 feet after she was shot. One of the arteries to her heart was severed.

It's rare that a shot to the frontal lobe doesn't almost immediately incapacitate the victim. Very rear
According to a neruo doctor that studied people that actually survived. The odds are not in favor of Travis being shot first, especially when considering the totality of evidence.

But her ninja story is a lie... why pick parts out that may or may not be true?

I think she shot him first or had at the very least intended to. I don't beleive she brought the knife with her. If she did, the knife was a backup weapon. I say this because I don't think she would have trusted herself to be able to take him down quickly enough with a knife. I think she shot him, the gun possibly jammed, and then she decided to use a knife.

Also, keep in mind a .25 is a small caliber firearm.

when did she get that knife? there's not much time between his last alive picture and the accidental ceiling shot. i think she had the knife with her while she was taking those pictures---very close by. maybe she went in the kitchen and got it when he went to get into the shower?

(i go with shot last only because there was so little bleeding from the wound and i don't know that he could've resisted, stumbled and crawled like he did if he'd already been shot in the head.)

at any rate, we just know she DID shoot him and we'll never know for sure when. even if the defense tries to say this wasn't that awful because she shot him first, we KNOW he was trying to get away from her and she was stabbing him in the back as he went. that sounds pretty awful to me.

That does not mean anything. With that logic you could say she must have had previous experience.

If your going to kill someone and you have a choice between a knife and a gun, 9 times out of ten you are going to use the gun.

She stole the gun to kill him. That is why the elaborate theft. It jammed, whatever and she got scared so she stabbed the heck out of him. He was still breathing so she cut his throat.

If we were talking about a man doing the killing (no not a sexist comment) I might lean a little toward the kinife first (not much). But with her, I would put my money on the gun first. He could easily over power her and she knew that so why risk the knife first?

That's where I am too. She shot him but he clearly wasn't dead. She tries to shoot again but the gun jams. She has no idea what to do at this point
but is scared he will live if she just leaves him. If he survives he's obviously
going to tell on her so she runs downstairs and grabs whatever
looks good to her. She comes back up to find he's not in the shower any more he's crawling or possibly standing at the sink. She is really
pissed now because she is going to have to get icky and then clean up.
She might even be pissed because she's late to see her other guy.
She probably is mad that Travis is " making" her have to do this in her view.

The cleanup and everything was not part of her plan and it messed things up for her.

The ME testified that if he was shot in the BRAIN first, he wouldn't have all those defensive wounds on his hands/arms. He would not have the function of his arms and hands after a brain shot.

Either way it doesn't matter, she killed him three times. Case Closed.

That is true.
We are fussing over details.
Either way... she was prepared.

That's where I am too. She shot him but he clearly wasn't dead. She tries to shoot again but the gun jams. She has no idea what to do at this point
but is scared he will live if she just leaves him. If he survives he's obviously
going to tell on her so she runs downstairs and grabs whatever
looks good to her. She comes back up to find he's not in the shower any more he's crawling or possibly standing at the sink. She is really
pissed now because she is going to have to get icky and then clean up.
She might even be pissed because she's late to see her other guy.
She probably is mad that Travis is " making" her have to do this in her view.

The cleanup and everything was not part of her plan and it messed things up for her.

Well said.

I guess we may never know exactly how the events went down. We do know Jodi shot and stabbed Travis. I dunno but It seems in many cases a stalker psychopath killer gets great pleasure from inflicting and watching the life drain from their Victim. Thus the knife. I felt that perhaps the gun was back up? Guess we may never know. Even if Jodi tells us :waitasec:

Regarding gunshot wounds to the head and surviving: Gabrielle Giffords, 9mm Glock - much deadlier than a .25. It is rare, but it does happen.

I have no idea what happened first with this case here. But I think whatever did happen first, he stumbled to the sink then tried to get out of the bathroom and she stabbed him in the back. The one picture of him on the floor I believe was her dragging him back into the bathroom. I haven't really studied the sequence of the picture nor studied the crime scene photos (I have small children often peeking over my shoulder plus the pics freak me out) so I could be way off base.

I was just thinking about where the casing was found again... near the sink right? most likely where she was down on her knees taking the pictures.

based on that picture I saw of how he was found in the shower (after she put him back there) in order for her to shoot him in that angle (thru the frontal lobe to lodge in the cheek) I would expect the casing to be over by the scale.

unless she moved the casing.. which is possible as there was evidence that both the scale and the bathmat had been moved as well as signs of clean up on the floor with water.

Regarding gunshot wounds to the head and surviving: Gabrielle Giffords, 9mm Glock - much deadlier than a .25. It is rare, but it does happen.

I have no idea what happened first in this case. But I think whatever did happen first, he stumbled to the sink then tried to get out of the bathroom and she stabbed him in the back. The one picture of him on the floor I believe was her dragging him back into the bathroom. I haven't really studied the sequence of the picture nor studied the crime scene photos (I have small children often peeking over my shoulder plus the pics freak me out) so I could be way off base.

Agreed She was incapable of running anywhere at the time.

when did she get that knife? there's not much time between his last alive picture and the accidental ceiling shot. i think she had the knife with her while she was taking those pictures---very close by. maybe she went in the kitchen and got it when he went to get into the shower?

(i go with shot last only because there was so little bleeding from the wound and i don't know that he could've resisted, stumbled and crawled like he did if he'd already been shot in the head.)

at any rate, we just know she DID shoot him and we'll never know for sure when. even if the defense tries to say this wasn't that awful because she shot him first, we KNOW he was trying to get away from her and she was stabbing him in the back as he went. that sounds pretty awful to me.

I dont want to keep going back and forth. We all have our opinions. There could have been a knife nearby. As I type this there is one in my desk drawer. Maybe she kept one in her purse for personal protection. Maybe she brought it with her. I think she shot him first. Thats just my opinion based on nearly 20 years as a crime writer. Anything is possible.

It's rare that a shot to the frontal lobe doesn't almost immediately incapacitate the victim. Very rear
According to a neruo doctor that studied people that actually survived. The odds are not in favor of Travis being shot first, especially when considering the totality of evidence.

I'm not saying he was shot first. I am keeping out of that debate. I was just responding to him saying that people that are mortally wounded can still attempt to flee.

the cleanup:

it seems hasty

it wasn't like she tried to remove all the evidence.. only move stuff around and splash some water around.. didn't even bother to check out her bloody palm print on the wall

I wonder if she knew what time the roommate was due home from work.

I sure would have liked to hear him testify

I guess we may never know exactly how the events went down. We do know Jodi shot and stabbed Travis. I dunno but It seems in many cases a stalker psychopath killer gets great pleasure from inflicting and watching the life drain from their Victim. Thus the knife. I felt that perhaps the gun was back up? Guess we may never know. Even if Jodi tells us :waitasec:

She did tell us. If she were to kill someone, she would do it humanely ....

I dont want to keep going back and forth. We all have our opinions. There could have been a knife nearby. As I type this there is one in my desk drawer. Maybe she kept one in her purse for personal protection. Maybe she brought it with her. I think she shot him first. Thats just my opinion based on nearly 20 years as a crime writer. Anything is possible.

BBM: I carry a knife in my purse at all times.

the cleanup:

it seems hasty

it wasn't like she tried to remove all the evidence.. only move stuff around and splash some water around.. didn't even bother to check out her bloody palm print on the wall

I wonder if she knew what time the roommate was due home from work.

I sure would have liked to hear him testify

i think she figured out pretty quick that she couldn't possibly clean up all that blood. and she couldn't have been in too big a rush since she did laundry!! wasn't there some stuff in the dryer and another load in the wash? she was there awhile after he was dead.

i think she figured out pretty quick that she couldn't possibly clean up all that blood. and she couldn't have been in too big a rush since she did laundry!! wasn't there some stuff in the dryer and another load in the wash? she was there awhile after he was dead.

The sheets were in the dryer and the camera, clothes and towels in the washer

I'm not saying he was shot first. I am keeping out of that debate. I was just responding to him saying that people that are mortally wounded can still attempt to flee.

They absolutely can. I never said my opinion was based on what the ME said. I did a little reading when it came up. There's a lot of information on people surviving a gunshot wound to the frontal lobe, the effects, the prognoses etc.. It's rare, very rare. Is it possible Travis was shot first? Absolutely. I just don't find it likely based on everything else we know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member