The State Rests in the State v Jodi Arias: break in trial until 28 January 2013 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
...he also mentions in his "who he would like to meet" section,that he would like to meet really anybody except for "*advertiser censored*",they're a dime a dozen.I also watched the "picture perfect" documentary for the first time today and I was pretty shocked how his friends sat him down and told him Jodi was not welcomed at their place anymore simply because she was affectionate with him.IMO at that point he should have stood by her instead he took the relationship underground meanwhile looking for girls that are marriage material and not "*advertiser censored*".I do understand Jodi's pain,I wished she would have been strong enough just to walk away but instead she became more obsessed and it turned into the horror we all know about.
I don't think there's anyway the defense has a chance with that ridiculous self defense.Anyone should see that she was not defending herself.As far as was the knife or the gun first,IMO definetely the stab in the heart since that's where she was hurt herself.I think her saying "if" she would have killed Travis she would have shot him until he was dead speaks volumes because I believe she kept stabbing him and he was still alive and at some point she probably realized how horrific that is and how much faster it would have been had she shot him first.
She will be convicted.I HOPE !!!!!! Please,not another Casey Anthony ,I crinch if I imagine both of them desire to have children,Casey an "irish" kid and Jodi a little boy named "Alexander".......:(

If you watched the documentary his friends explained why JA was no longer welcome in their home and it had absolutely nothing to do with JA playing with his ear.

morning! random thoughts from reading here:

there wasn't a 4 minute gap, i don't believe. all the pics aren't listed in that timeline someone posted---so she was there, snapping, during the entire time. am i right?

the shower door. it's closed and then it's open after the face picture, right? that's significant, i'm sure.

as for resting the case, i don't think that was a spur of the moment decision. it's a HUGE decision so i'd certainly hope not. i hope he's saving his best stuff for rebuttal. he may have a great reputation but i haven't liked how he's presented this---i like a more linear, 'story-like' presentation.
i don't even understand what he hoped to get from that last witness. the cuts? what?

last, i also fear at least one of those jurors making up their own little scenario in their heads---not comprehending that she was pumped up on adrenalin from what she'd just done and was able to haul his dead body back into that bathroom. SOMEONE already thinks she had help. that bothers me----as did many of those juror questions, which indicate someone isn't listening, or is going off on their own personal theory of how this happened.

Originally Posted by TorisMom003 View Post
After thinking about it for a couple of days and hearing the testimony that the State has presented, here is what I think was supposed to happen concerning Travis and Jodi:

About a week before the murder Jodi has made up her mind that Travis must die. She talks to Ryan on the phone about making the trip to visit him since she was able to "get 3 days off from work". The plan is for Jodi to arrive in Utah between 12 and 1 pm on Weds June 4th. Jodi goes to Redding on June 2nd to rent a car so that her own car will not be seen at Travis's house. After renting the car she takes her time (somewhat) making her way south to "visit" a friend who recently had a baby (alibi). Along the way she dyes her normally blonde hair brown. On June 3rd Jodi begins making her way towards Mesa, AZ. Jodi knows that she must arrive when no one will see her and Travis is asleep. If someone happens to see her (neighbor) they will not be able to identify her since she is in a different car and different hair color. Jodi arrives at Travis's house around 3 am and sneaks in the house with her gun. Jodi expects Travis to be sound asleep and she can shoot him while he is in his bed. Travis had no idea she was on her way to his house and thought she was instead on her way to see Ryan in Utah. Using a pillow as a silencer, Jodi was to shoot Travis in the head killing him. Jodi would then leave the house immediately and begin her drive to Utah to see Ryan. Jodi would arrive at Ryan's between 2 and 3 pm (a little later than talked about) and would claim that she got a little lost to account for the extra time it took. Jodi would spend time with Ryan as if nothing happened, make her way home after and go on with her life. No evidence would have been left behind, no witnesses could have described Jodi as being the perp and she had an alibi for the day Travis was killed.

BUT THEN, it didn't happen according to plan because Travis was awake. I'm not sure how she was able to talk Travis into letting her stay as long as she did, have sex with her or not get ticked that she sneaked into his house but I do think that she still intended to kill him when he fell asleep with her there but she also fell asleep so she had to go on with plan number 3.

MOO

This is the exact same scenario that I gave a couple of days ago. I don't believe anything else makes sense. Great minds and all...:)

I agree. Then, when she got there and he was awake, she had to give him a reason for her being there. So, she turned it into a 'booty call'.

Good Morning Everyone!:seeya:

I see some are still worried about the outcome of this case. I understand that due to other women getting off or getting very little time in comparison to same like crimes males do but I am still very optimistic.

I have been reading about some of DA Martinez cases and the more I read the more I am assured that Travis is going to get the justice he so richly deserves. It seems Mr. Martinez is well known for being his best when in the defense's CIC. He has won cases that people didnt think he could win against powerful defense attorneys and Im sorry but Mr. Numbi isnt one of them, imo. Defense attorneys fear and dislike Martinez because he gives it his all. He is tenacious and like a pitbill when it comes to getting justice for the victims he is the voice for.

In his CA he should put this quote below from the interview up on a large elmo for the jury to see. It speaks volumes imo.

Flores said to her, "one thing I know is that if Travis never met you, he would still be alive" and she immediately said "that's true."

IMO

I don't think they even have to prove premeditation. It's a given. She admits to shooting him and TA did not have a gun and it certainly would not have been lying on the counter in the bathroom along side a very sharp knife that could inflict 5 inch stab wounds. JA had to walk away to get them which could easily be explained by the 4 minute gap in the picture taking. That is not self defense. She obviously had killing on her mind or why bring two weapons. If she is not familiar with guns there is no way she could anticipate her gun might misfire and if she did it makes the argument that she brought the knife to make sure he was dead and not for self defense.

I don't think JA ever loved TA. Don't think she is capable of feelings for anyone but herself. Look at her room at home and then look at TA's home. She felt TA owed her because she left a nice home with her ex to be with TA and now she was back with her grandparents. JA was out for revenge.

Another thing that sticks out is her stating she and Travis' had "A thousand places to go before we die" and that Cancun was on the list of places they were suppose to visit together. She made sure he was not going without her.

JA claims there were trust issues between them and that is why she had his passwords. But they had broken up so why would she still have all that information. Where did she get the money she deposited into her account. She admits to having his ATM pin number.

I believe Travis knew that if he were to report her to police she would cause him more trouble and possibly the loss of his church. So he tried to keep her away the best he could and hope that she would move on. She was trouble to him and he just did not know how to handle her. I don't think he was abusive, I believe he was way too patient with her. We have yet to hear of any abuse from anyone other than JA. jmo

I lost my faith in the system long ago ...I agree with you about the jury's questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sad isn't it? You trust jurors to hear the truth and to know right from wrong. I do believe of Jodi was ugly or if this were a man, there would be a death penalty verdict. She already admitted killing him. How hard is it for the jurors to remember the stagings in his back, the shooting in his face, his slit throat, the stabbing to the heart...and house, let's not forget she had no inhibitions about being photographed naked. Who does that?!! Oh yeah, that's right, a *advertiser censored* does.
MOO.

Well, okay. I can't spell. First I meant IF Jodi wwas ugly.
Then stabbings to his back, not stagings.
And instead of house, I meant yes.
Lol. Lost the whole meaning of my post.
Anyway, yeah, I have lost faith in people who can't tell truth from fiction anymore.

Do we have any evidence entered that there was any phone/text contact the night she arrived at Travis's? I think I thought I saw that she called him at almost 9 pm that night?

Random comments:

1. I think the case would still be very strong even if Jodi had not left the pics behind. The police would have still gotten her DNA, hairs, finger prints and palm print from the crime scene; they still would have pulled her phone records and rental car guy and everything else. All the premeditation evidence would still be there. In fact, the case might be better without the pics because everyone wouldnt be wondering how she could possibly commit all these brutal acts in less than two minutes.

2. She might not get the death penalty even if jury finds premeditation because it's possible/likely she did not go with the intent to kill him three times over in a way that caused him to suffer. Likely she just intended to shoot him and end his life quickly ("humanely", as she put it). That's what I think -- I don't think she brought a knife with her or even had it as a back up. I think she went with the idea that she would shoot him in the head and it would be over very quickly. For whatever reason that didn't work -- so she had to resort to a knife and stabbing and even that didnt work quickly enough so she cut his throat.

Hi Minor

The fact that his death was cruel and he suffered is what qualifies her for the death penalty, not that she intended for it to be so. jmo

If JA didn't bring a knife then that is burglary during the commission of a felony because she took that knife with her. If she brought it with her it is premeditated. Either way she is screwed in my eyes.

I just noticed on InSession, one of the banners across the bottom of the screen stated the recess until
Jan 28th is for the defense to have more time to prepare their case. WTF?!

the shower door. it's closed and then it's open after the face picture, right? that's significant, i'm sure.

I hate to start the debate again about what came first - the stab or the gun shot but - i was a believer that she stabbed him first. However I have changed my mind because I just can't bring myself to believe that JA would try to strike an initial incapicating blow with a knife. Just doesn't seem logical that she would do that. Too chancy. Nobody is going to take a knife to a gun fight so to speak

Think about it. TA is sitting in those last two pics with his back against the shower wall and his right forehead is facing JA as she took those two pics. I think she is pointing the gun at him and eventually shoots him in that position. The trajectory would be correct. From above down from right forehead to the left cheek.

But after being shot he defies odds and manages to get up. He is obviously totally disoriented and does not recall what has happened to him. Maybe he knocks the gun from her hand. Maybe it jammed.

Travis makes it to the sink and is bleeding profusely from the gun shot. He is bleeding from the forehead and the mouth hence the blood pattern here. Maybe his sight is affected.

JA begins to viciously stab him in the back. He turns around to protect himself. This is where the defensive hand wounds were inflicted. JA manages here to plunge the knife into his chest mortally wounding him again. All of the chest wounds were inflicted here.

Travis collapses and tries to crawl out of hell. He makes it to the threshold where the bit**inflicts the final blow. He dies here.

JA rolls Travis on to a sheet and drags him back to the bathroom. In doing so she manages to kick the bullet casing and it ends up on top of a blood splatter which then glues it in place.

I am rambling I know but that's how I see it happening.

I hate to start the debate again about what came first - the stab or the gun shot but - i was a believer that she stabbed him first. However I have changed my mind because I just can't bring myself to believe that JA would try to strike an initial incapicating blow with a knife. Just doesn't seem logical that she would do that. To chancy. Nobody is going to take a knife to a gun fight so to speak

Think about it. TA is sitting in those last two pics with his back against the shower wall and his right forehead is facing JA as she took those two pics. I think she is pointing the gun at him and eventually shoots him in that position. The trajectory would be correct. From above down from right forehead to the left cheek.

But after being shot he defies odds and manages to get up. He is obviously totally disoriented and does not recall what has happened to him. Maybe he knocks the gun from her hand. Maybe it jammed.

Travis makes it to the sink and is bleeding profusely from the gun shot. Maybe his sight is affected.

JA begins to viciously stab him in the back. He turns around to protect himself. This is where the defensive hand wounds were inflicted. JA manages here to plunge the knife into his chest mortally wounding him again. All of the chest wounds were inflicted here.

Travis collapses and tries to crawl out of hell. He makes it to the threshold where the ***** inflicts the final blow. He dies here.

JA rolls Travis on to a sheet and drags him back to the bathroom. In doing so she manages to kick the bullet casing and it ends up on top of a blood splatter which the glues it in place.

I am rambling I know but that's how I see it happening.

i'm starting to change my mind too. not that it matters to me so much. i know the defense thinks it's important (or wants the jury to believe it is) but the FACTS show that no matter what the order, he struggled, he crawled, attempted to get away from her and she stabbed him repeatedly. i don't see how they can minimize his suffering by claiming she shot him first.

I don't think they even have to prove premeditation. It's a given. She admits to shooting him and TA did not have a gun and it certainly would not have been lying on the counter in the bathroom along side a very sharp knife that could inflict 5 inch stab wounds. JA had to walk away to get them which could easily be explained by the 4 minute gap in the picture taking. That is not self defense. She obviously had killing on her mind or why bring two weapons. If she is not familiar with guns there is no way she could anticipate her gun might misfire and if she did it makes the argument that she brought the knife to make sure he was dead and not for self defense.

I don't think JA ever loved TA. Don't think she is capable of feelings for anyone but herself. Look at her room at home and then look at TA's home. She felt TA owed her because she left a nice home with her ex to be with TA and now she was back with her grandparents. JA was out for revenge.

Another thing that sticks out is her stating she and Travis' had "A thousand places to go before we die" and that Cancun was on the list of places they were suppose to visit together. She made sure he was not going without her.

JA claims there were trust issues between them and that is why she had his passwords. But they had broken up so why would she still have all that information. Where did she get the money she deposited into her account. She admits to having his ATM pin number.

I believe Travis knew that if he were to report her to police she would cause him more trouble and possibly the loss of his church. So he tried to keep her away the best he could and hope that she would move on. She was trouble to him and he just did not know how to handle her. I don't think he was abusive, I believe he was way too patient with her. We have yet to hear of any abuse from anyone other than JA. jmo

I need a post of the day icon! Thank you.

I have never believed this was done out of love or jealousy. This was all about ownership. Psychopaths do not have feelings of love. The one emotion they do seem to have is emotions for themselves when they think they have been wronged and many times it can be explosive rage of 'how dare you do this to ME.' They see people as objects or possessions and no one but the psychopath decides who gets to leave and who stays. Travis' sad and fatal mistake was he did not know the kind of person he was dealing with and when he dared say it was over .......he sealed his fate.:(

No one does any kind of banishing but the psychopath and when they do it they do it with a vengence from hell.

Travis was the shiney ornament she wanted/needed that made JA look better and to them its all about them and how they are to be seen in the best light.

I looked through the traits of a psychopath/sociopath again yesterday and it all fits Jodi Arias to a T. Its quite chilling actually. It explains the flat affect.........using sex as a tool to gain control.......living off of others ...submerging themselves into situations that make them look better. They really are chamelions and adapt very well. They are what they need to be in order to gain dominance and control. And they are pathological liars who really are convinced that everyone will believe them. That is why she insisted on talking with Flores again..........she was so sure she could sway him to her illogical way of thinking.

The more I know about Jodi Arias the more my heart breaks for Travis. Det. Flores is right......if he had never crossed paths with the demonic psychopath he would be alive today.:(

Found it:

Hi Websleuthers!

I attended the trial today and made a few observations, even though it was a short day that you guys might be interested in.
The courtroom is huge. The multi media in there is crazy...it almost feels like a sports bar as there are screens EVERYWHERE. Including facing the gallery and the screen for the jurors to view is across the room from them and the size of a small movie theatre screen. I can only imagine those horrific crime scene photos shown on that huge screen. :(

I was taken to a seat right behind Travis' family. His sisters both smiled at me and are much more beautiful in person than on TV. I sat for part of the time with their victim's advocate who was very friendly and we talked quite a bit about the trial.

Jodi was talking for a bit while some of the interrogation video was showing w/ her attorney smiling and semi giggling. WEIRD

When they aren't in their chairs the height of those chairs is so obvious...Jodi's is WAY lower than her attorney's. Not sure the jury can see that but it's so obvious.

She is more slender in person and was wearing super baggy ill fitting brown pants today and ugly flat black shoes. She walks with a limp apparently has the ankle restraints on the whole time she's in court. She was definitely writing notes and not drawing on the page.

At the end of the day when she walked out she turned around and VERY briefly acknowledged her mother but not in a warm loving way..that same vacant detached expression she always has. It's eerie and reminds me of the feeling I had when I saw Scott Peterson in person. There is an alien quality to these people. I guess that's definitive of sociopathy.

I had a little conversation with Juan Martinez outside the courtroom as we ended up by the elevators alone and I'd just been to a party over the weekend with a mutual friend so I struck up a little conversation. Iwas surprised at how warm and approachable he was. Very friendly.

I got to hang out a bit with Beth Karas (I also know her from the Peterson trial...she remembered me!). She's always just so welcoming and friendly as well. I'm going to invite her out to dinner while she's here as she gave me her contact info. She's just a doll.

Oh, the jury. They are all very attentive. I looked several times and ALL the women were taking notes. There are a couple of quite elderly men on the jury. One looks to be in his 80's. I think 3-4 men look under 40ish. I never saw any of them looking at Jodi.

I think that's about it. It's not hard to get in there...they said there's never a waiting list which is surprising kinda.

I'm gonna go back next Wed I think unless something conflicts. I'll report back again if anything interesting occurs that's not shown on TV. :seeya:

Thanks so much for this post. It is always great to have someone write who was actually viewing in person. I also like Beth Kara's. Always have. She just has class. Hope you told Mr. Martinez we are all rooting for him since he is speaking for Travis. I always thought the women would judge Jodi harshly, while the men would make excuses for her. I don't know though. My son says she is toast.
The Dt is really trying to portray her as an innocent little victim aren't they? I actually hope they won't attack Travis character. Maybe they will ask for a plea. Maybe they will just rest. If they come out swinging, I hope Pros hits her hard. Please let us knowif you go back on the 29th. Thanks again.

I remember reading on one if the threads here that the T-Shirt ('Travis Alexander's') was really a 'promotional' item and the back had additional wording relating to his motivational workshops. I am dreading the defense's DV expert and the t shirt has been mentioned as part of TA's cruel treatment of JA. If we heard about the true meaning of the shirt I can only hope the PA has this covered.

I have wondered all along about this pic:
Is he realizing at this moment that this woman is going to kill him?
That he has taken his last shower?
That he won't be around tomorrow?
How to get out of this -- what can I do?

Are those his last thoughts here on this earth?
Eerie, creepy, scary. Makes me <shiver>.
THIS <pic of Travis> equals THIS, IMO:

[video=youtube;QWNFB71MvTs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWNFB71MvTs[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members