The state Rests in The State v. Jodi Arias: break in trial until 28 January 2013 #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been watching In Session from yesterday and the crime scene photographer Heather Conner and it inspired me to write this letter to the Mesa PD:

I have been watching this Jodi Arias trial with interest. My sister who lived in Mesa was murdered in 1988 and we dealt extensively with the Mesa PD. Suffice to say I have quite a bit of experience sitting in courtrooms viewing testimony of crime scenes.
I have been viewing the testimony of the crime scene photographer Heather Conner and I just wanted to say that I don't think I've seen such a precise and thorough crime scene witness anywhere in any trial.
Ms. Conner's demeanor is what they should use in trainings to teach personnel "how to testify". She displays the perfect blend of competence and confidence. She inspires complete trust in me in her abilities in her job. While watching her, I feel like I'm seeing a person who's landed in life with exactly what she was born to do.
I'm so impressed with her, I felt the need to write it to the PD. I feel grateful to live in an area that hires and/or trains employees with such professionalism. I hope this letter ends up in her file.

Thank you.

What color was JA's hair when she met with Ryan(?), after the murder of TA?

What color was JA's hair when she returned to CA?

ETA: What color was JA's hair when she was arrested and booked?

TIA

as soon as she hit the highway after renting the car. Hit the first rest stop or gas station washroom that has a single bathroom. Applied the dye and then rinsed it out at the next one. Seeing as this was all part of her plan she must have had some towels and other supplies with her.

I really wished there was surveillance video from the fuel stops and bank stops that she did so we can see her hair color.

The Lifetime Movie Network aspects of this case just get more and more bizarre. I mean....she had a lot of freaking hair. Coloring it in a public restroom is not easy ! And messy. I wonder if anyone reported strange spatter all over a restroom sink. So bizarre...and so premeditated.

Who thinks at least one jury member will watch some/all of tonight's 48 Hours episode? (Show airs at 10 pm Eastern/9 pm Central.)

Where/when do you guys think Jodi did the Clairol makeover on herself?

From her paper trail -- she left Redding, went to Monterey, and was in Pasadena the next day. From the receipts, she made purchases at Walmart and CVS (IIRC).
I think that's when/where she bought the Clairol and may have done the dye job at a truck stop or roadside rest area between L.A. and Mesa.

She drove at night, so she could even apply dye at one stop then rinse it off at the next.

We use to go that route to visit family in Cali driving at night and I can see how she could pull it off.

But those are just guesses on my part. :)

Who thinks at least one jury member will watch some/all of tonight's 48 Hours episode? (Show airs at 10 pm Eastern/9 pm Central.)

I think it's odd that the show was taken down everywhere on the internet but will be run by CBS just as the pros. rests and the jurors are on a break. Bad idea, imo, and really inexplicable if taking it down from the internet had anything whatever to do with the trial in the first place. jmo

I've been watching In Session from yesterday and the crime scene photographer Heather Conner and it inspired me to write this letter to the Mesa PD:

I have been watching this Jodi Arias trial with interest. My sister who lived in Mesa was murdered in 1988 and we dealt extensively with the Mesa PD. Suffice to say I have quite a bit of experience sitting in courtrooms viewing testimony of crime scenes.
I have been viewing the testimony of the crime scene photographer Heather Conner and I just wanted to say that I don't think I've seen such a precise and thorough crime scene witness anywhere in any trial.
Ms. Conner's demeanor is what they should use in trainings to teach personnel "how to testify". She displays the perfect blend of competence and confidence. She inspires complete trust in me in her abilities in her job. While watching her, I feel like I'm seeing a person who's landed in life with exactly what she was born to do.
I'm so impressed with her, I felt the need to write it to the PD. I feel grateful to live in an area that hires and/or trains employees with such professionalism. I hope this letter ends up in her file.

Thank you.

I'm very sorry to hear about your sister. That's a horrible experience to have to endure for her, you and your family. My heart goes out to you and yours.

Thank you for contacting the Mesa PD. We need more people like Heather Conner--and like you, too, because you are making a real difference. The differences each of us can make do count towards helping make our world a better, safer place.

as soon as she hit the highway after renting the car. Hit the first rest stop or gas station washroom that has a single bathroom. Applied the dye and then rinsed it out at the next one. Seeing as this was all part of her plan she must have had some towels and other supplies with her.

I really wished there was surveillance video from the fuel stops and bank stops that she did so we can see her hair color.

Huh. Well then could that explain the Kool-Aid stains on the rental car seats that so many have implied may have been blood? I wonder if it was hair color? It could have dripped off of her, off of removed clothing, towels, paper towels, etc. Hmmm.

Thank you.

I only saw part of her testimony and I totally agree... she was the utmost in a professional.

From her paper trail -- she left Redding, went to Monterey, and was in Pasadena the next day. From the receipts, she made purchases at Walmart and CVS (IIRC).
I think that's when/where she bought the Clairol and may have done the dye job at a truck stop or roadside rest area between L.A. and Mesa.

She drove at night, so she could even apply dye at one stop then rinse it off at the next.

We use to go that route to visit family in Cali driving at night and I can see how she could pull it off.

But those are just guesses on my part. :)

Just a thought here, but it could be that the 'Koolaid stains' found on the seats of the rental car could have been drippings from the hair dye episode. I can see how a brown color, mixed with rinse water could result in a reddish tone.

I'm very sorry to hear about your sister. That's a horrible experience to have to endure for her, you and your family. My heart goes out to you and yours.

Thank you for contacting the Mesa PD. We need more people like Heather Conner--and like you, too, because you are making a real difference. The differences each of us can make do count towards helping make our world a better, safer place.

Thank you so much for this ! That makes me feel really good. :heartbeat:

I've wondered that too.... It's like putting cookies on a counter and telling the kids to stay out of them! It's just so odd that it airs during this long break in the trial. Perhaps they will opt to watch the "Prosecuting Casey Anthony" and are reminded of how *that* jury screwed up so badly.
The court had/has to know that is airing this weekend. I wonder if they were instructed not to watch that as well? Hmmmm?

I only saw part of her testimony and I totally agree... she was the utmost in a professional.

They showed it almost in it's entirely on In Session yesterday (which I'm watching right now) and she's just amazing, imo.

I believe that tonight, 1/19/13, "48 Hours" will re-broadcast its piece with the Jodi Arias jailhouse interview.

I know a lot of people here have been looking for it, but it's been scrubbed from the Internet or something. So here's your chance to see it, tonight on CBS!

The original piece from March 2009 is still on YouTube. It was recently posted under the title "Jodi Arias Documentary" rather than "48 Hours" for obvious reasons. Here is the link:
Jodi Arias Documentary

Tonight's episode will not be the same as the original March 2009 episode. It will be updated for events since 2009 and the trial. Here is a link to 48 Hours' website: CBS 48 Hours

Just a thought here, but it could be that the 'Koolaid stains' found on the seats of the rental car could have been drippings from the hair dye episode. I can see how a brown color, mixed with rinse water could result in a reddish tone.

OMG that's right. But the hair dye would probably also bleach out the color of the fabric in the car seats...did he say if he was able to remove those stains? I know a little about mishaps with hair color. Emphasis on mishaps.:blushing:

http://a4.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/13/a4604c30cb83b2073f0f3eb5a66297d2/l.jpg

I was looking at the pictures again on her myspace and noticed a comment from Travis left 5 years ago... If he was 'a little bit jealous' then... makes one wonder how much that jealousy grew... They definitely knew how to push each others buttons... from the beginning.

Here is the comment from Travis
Travis
Im a little bit Jealous of Carruthers.
Reply5 years ago

OMG that's right. But the hair dye would probably also bleach out the color of the fabric in the car seats...did he say if he was able to remove those stains? I know a little about mishaps with hair color. Emphasis on mishaps.:blushing:

Hair mishaps, oh dear...accidently dyed mine green once, way back in the 80s when I was adventurous, lol. I remember using a kind of temporary hair color, don't recall the brand (but it was cheap!) that came in a big grey bottle. It rinsed right out easily. I can see this kind of temp hair color not bleaching the car interior permanently if it was diluted with enough water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member