The state Rests in The State v. Jodi Arias: break in trial until 28 January 2013 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
two things about some things mentioned in the last thread:

First, I'm curious about the roomies b/c I'm curious, not because I think they had anything to do with this. Just my nature. If something doesn't make perfect sense to me, I want to hear the thorough explanation from the horse's mouth. So I'd like to hear the roomies testify about it and I do realize that probably won't happen and I'll just have to wallow in my curiousty for all time. lol

Second, my dd and her friends have about 10,000 pics of them throwing up the backward peace sign on the various social media. Most recently it's typically accompanied by the word swaggie. Just something the "kids" do these days. I am, officially, my mother!

I know he prosecuted Wendi Andriano. If anyone deserves the DP, it would be her. She is one of the women currently on death row.
Thanks jevipo! Many similar circumstances between both cases. Wendi pleaded self defense -- that her husband had gone into a rage. Beaten over the head with a barstool and stabbed in the neck.

Wendi represented herself in court just as JA attempted to. Same age bracket. Especially heinous, cruel or depraved. Especially Cruel: both mental anguish and physical pain. Both trials in Maricopa County.

Martinez must have done an excellent job. Am feeling a bit better already :) Interesting to read the jurors' comments:
http://murderpedia.org/female.A/a/andriano-wendi.htm

Thanks jevipo! Many similar circumstances between both cases. Wendi pleaded self defense -- that her husband had gone into a rage. Beaten over the head with a barstool and stabbed in the neck.

Wendi represented herself in court just as JA attempted to. Same age bracket. Especially heinous, cruel or depraved. Especially Cruel: both mental anguish and physical pain. Both trials in Maricopa County.

Martinez must have done an excellent job. Am feeling a bit better already :) Interesting to read the jurors' comments:

Two of my co-workers knew the Andrianos and they said that they had never liked Wendi. They thought she was sneaky. Another similarity. I had no idea they knew them until we were talking about the Snapped episode.

I'm so glad there is a new thread...I went to the last one and couldnt post. I thought... Ut oh... Im in trouble! I hate that feeling... the one where you're afraid you might have done something wrong, but you're not sure what. So glad I'm not in trouble... and able to post. Yay!

I was reading some of the posts in the last thread about the smell in the house and I had been wondering how the roommate was able to be in the house and not smell anything wrong... so I did some snooping and it may have been due to "Olfactory fatigue" I'm including a couple of links that explain it. (How we get use to certain smells after being exposed to them for a certain amount of time)

http://www.proteanservices.com/2012/03/bad-smell-why-we-get-used-to-them-so-quickly/

Olfactory fatigue - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The other cases where Martinez was able to get a first degree death conviction .. can anyone point me in that direction please? A link perhaps? Am wondering what the circumstances were in comparison to the JA trial. I cannot even imagine a more explicit premeditated murder case than this one (other than CA case, but that's another story as we all know...) TIA

Wendi Andriano got the DP and Juan Martinez was the prosecutor.

Here's an article on the case:
http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/article_f3b3135e-2d25-5125-af1e-7e2fc7945c70.html

HTH

the circumstances are quite similar in some ways. knowing that he did that trial kind of gives me peace of mind. she is in the right place, Andriano...along with Forde, who was a pima county case (Martinez not involved)

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

The last witness for the state, Leslie somethingorother, intriques me. I wonder if YM was really taken off guard from her testimony, or was he expecting it. I'd love to know more about her. She appears at the least ten years older than Jodi. What attracted her to Jodi?

I'm wondering it he expected her to identify the pants JA was wearing in the dragging shot? But, if she had done so before in interviews, wouldn't he have brought that up?

two things about some things mentioned in the last thread:

First, I'm curious about the roomies b/c I'm curious, not because I think they had anything to do with this. Just my nature. If something doesn't make perfect sense to me, I want to hear the thorough explanation from the horse's mouth. So I'd like to hear the roomies testify about it and I do realize that probably won't happen and I'll just have to wallow in my curiousty for all time. lol

Second, my dd and her friends have about 10,000 pics of them throwing up the backward peace sign on the various social media. Most recently it's typically accompanied by the word swaggie. Just something the "kids" do these days. I am, officially, my mother!

JA has already admitted to doing the crime. There really is no point in bringing in the roommates at this point because there is nothing to testify too. Once defense rests that could change in a big way depending on how much they try to trash TA.

Also, it will be interesting on just how much defense wants to say about TA because the last impression they will have is the rebuttal which could make the defendant look exactly like she is, cold-hearted and revengeful. jmo

I'm wondering it he expected her to identify the pants JA was wearing in the dragging shot? But, if she had done so before in interviews, wouldn't he have brought that up?

I don't think he expected her to. He just threw it out there although if she had said yes, imagine his reaction. lol

JA has already admitted to doing the crime. There really is no point in bringing in the roommates at this point because there is nothing to testify too. Once defense rests that could change in a big way depending on how much they try to trash TA. jmo

Yes, the PA will bring in much more evidence once the defense presents its case.

I still think that TA's two finger up back of hand signal was the scissors signal: "cut", "stop what you are doing", "stop taking photos". He looked like he just woke up and was a slight bit annoyed. JMO

The similar signal that kids or gangs seem to do is always cocked sideways. JMO

Peace sign is typically done with palm side facing the intended target or away from the sign maker.

Wonder when that one with Peter from a performance of Othello was taken. She has dark hair there. In her message to Travis she asked him if he wanted to see Othello with them in July, I believe.

It looks to me that the dark brunette is fading and her over bleached platinum is starting to come back through in that photo.

I'm so glad there is a new thread...I went to the last one and couldnt post. I thought... Ut oh... Im in trouble! I hate that feeling... the one where you're afraid you might have done something wrong, but you're not sure what. So glad I'm not in trouble... and able to post. Yay!

I was reading some of the posts in the last thread about the smell in the house and I had been wondering how the roommate was able to be in the house and not smell anything wrong... so I did some snooping and it may have been due to "Olfactory fatigue" I'm including a couple of links that explain it. (How we get use to certain smells after being exposed to them for a certain amount of time)

http://www.proteanservices.com/2012/03/bad-smell-why-we-get-used-to-them-so-quickly/

Olfactory fatigue - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
My husband has almost zero sense of smell. He literally has to stick his face into whatever he is trying to smell to pick up a scent. I can see how the roomie may not have smelled anything if they have a similar issue.

His friends explained that. They said that he traveled so much that it was normal for his car to be there for periods of time when he wasn't. Apparently he flew sometimes and left his car there. AND, they knew he was going to Mexico, but didn't know the dates for sure. They probably figured that he was there.

In all of his travels what did he typically do with his dog while he was gone?
I would think, under this circumstance, the dog would be yelping, howling, crying, pooping, etc. If the roommates believed him to be traveling and they heard/smelled the dog, wouldn't that put a question in their head as to Travis being gone? Just something I have wondered about...

Where/when do you guys think Jodi did the Clairol makeover on herself?

I believe that tonight, 1/19/13, "48 Hours" will re-broadcast its piece with the Jodi Arias jailhouse interview.

I know a lot of people here have been looking for it, but it's been scrubbed from the Internet or something. So here's your chance to see it, tonight on CBS!

as soon as she hit the highway after renting the car. Hit the first rest stop or gas station washroom that has a single bathroom. Applied the dye and then rinsed it out at the next one. Seeing as this was all part of her plan she must have had some towels and other supplies with her.

I really wished there was surveillance video from the fuel stops and bank stops that she did so we can see her hair color.

My husband has almost zero sense of smell. He literally has to stick his face into whatever he is trying to smell to pick up a scent. I can see how the roomie may not have smelled anything if they have a similar issue.

Same with my husband. He thinks I have the smelling sense of a bloodhound. :) I think women in general have a better sense of smell. MOO

I'm guessing she probably did this at a gas station restroom just before crossing into Arizona. It would be interesting to know if the dye was permanent type or the temporary kind that washes out after about three shampoos. Guessing again here, but I say temporary.

I don't think he expected her to. He just threw it out there although if she had said yes, imagine his reaction. lol

Throwing it out there, would make him a lousy attorney (IMHO). Isn't one of the first rules, don't ask a question you don't know the answer to? I think he's much too good to do that. MOOOOOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaLegend71