The state Rests in The State v. Jodi Arias: break in trial until 28 January 2013 #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for your post.

Is it possible to make it out of the shower to the sink area in your opinion after getting that wound just nicking/hitting the frontal lobe?

Could he have staggered/stumbled/crawled down the hall with it IYO?

The ME clearly said he could not know for sure as the brain was so rapidly deteriorated he could not conclude. He offered that it was quite possible. I drew a 50-50 conclusion from his explanation. He does not know for sure... but we know the prosecutors are rolling with that theory, given that inconclusive proffer. I say he was shot first. She came for a gun death if he did not comply.. no way she stabbed him first in my mind.

I really don't know. I'm no way a gun shot expert. I didn't watch the trial but isn't that what the ME was referring to when he said he couldn't examine the brain?? He wasn't referring to that he couldn't say in his professional opinion that it went through his brain but that he couldn't follow the trajectory through the brain to see what was injured in the brain because it was so decomposed. I read that on a news article and that's how I inferred it but I may be wrong, please correct me if I am! The frontal lobe controls memory, speech, behavior control, problem solving, and further back in the further lobe controls motor movement. However this is further back right about the middle of the brain. There have been rare cases where people have survived gun shot wounds to the frontal lobe. They have to miss major blood vessels, etc. Here is a case where cognitive function is what is mostly lacking and she only has mild right sided weakness with foot drop and she was shot in a similar area to TA although from a different pathway (from the mouth) and it was self-inflicted. But this was weeks after her recovery in the hospital. Remember case reports are information on cases that are found to be rare usually. Most people die from brain injuries from gun shot wounds. http://www.psy.vanderbilt.edu/students/reinhart/journal_articles/MadMusic.pdf
Also the fact that this woman survived doesn't mean much to the TA case. A gunshot wound has significant force and shocks the whole brain, almost always leaving that person unconscious afterwards. The brain responds by bleeding, swelling, etc, which all requires immediate medical attention and only then can they start to function and then run down hallways. And it is also a perfect example of where you can be shot in the anterior part of your frontal lobe and still receive motor deficits from the location that is located in the posterior frontal lobe. It's from the shock to the brain from the velocity of the bullet.

All just my humble non-expert opinion. MOOOOOO

he drove a black prius, a room mate drove a white car - but the budget ppl didn't say she asked for what - just a color that would blend in

She could of parked down the street or block since she got there at four in the morning.

Not to gross anyone out too much.. but in the photo with TA laying on the bed holding up 2 fingers.. I am surprised no one has mentioned the white substance very apparent dripping down his hand/wrist. It is so obvious in the photo. Any comments here? Did the end of the sexcapade result in him masturbating rather than ejaculating into her? Before you bash me.. i am trying to be clinical as possible here..take a close look at the pic before you decide.

Link to photo, please. I tried but could not easily find it.

"Don't forget what was told to you. Don't say anything"
This is the note Jodi says she got from the ninjas while she was in jail.
And death threats!!

LOLOLOL

Shades of Casey Anthony or what?

I wonder if she found it in a library book???

I've seen this before only in other Arizona trials. I thought it was odd too.

btw- everytime I see your username I start singing "Hallelujah" It goes like this, The fourth, The fifth, The minor fall, the major lift Thanks for indirectly inspiring me to break out into song randomly !

I don't like that the detective is sitting there at counsel table. Not to mention that he was yawning and looking extremely bored whenever the camera showed him sitting there.

Where I live, it's commonplace for investigators to sit directly behind the prosecutors on the other side of the bar, but that would not include investigators who are going to be called as witnesses in the case. All testifying witnesses are sworn in and then excluded from the courtroom so their testimony is not tainted by what they hear from other witnesses

Arizona is weird!

The Hallelujah song was exactly the inspiration for the username :) One of my all time favorites.

I think the knife was always in her purse. I also think it was a switchblade. She surely had one when she slashed the tires. I think she always carried it around with her. So, that does not make it such a stretch of where the knife was. It was in her purse along with the gun she had stolen. That is one reason I think either the heart or the head wounds either one could have been first. She had very easy access to both of them. I can see her taking the last photo and then opening the door to hug Travis or to kiss him "goodbye" and stabbing him in the chest just as well as I can see her shooting him. From what the ME said the bullet was downward so he had to have been lower than her for that angle.

What leads you to believe it was a switchblade?

The very fact that she would bring a knife and use it on Travis shows that she did not fear him. She knew she had the element of surprise and that he would not strike her. There were no marks on her yet her attorney claims she was knocked to the floor and he wrestled with her. He wrestled as a hobby there is no way she would have gotten away from him had he done that. No way. She came prepared to kill him.

If she were so afraid of him she felt she had to bring a gun why visit him at all. It makes no sense. And what is her explanation for having the gun? She has none. Maybe the ninjas left it for her to use right there on the bathroom floor. jmo

There's no evidence that she brought a knife. None. They have no idea where the knife came from. That's my entire point. If she had a gun that was stolen for the purpose of killing him, yet she didn't use the gun, but a knife, the prosecutor's premeditation theory, i.e., that she stole the gun to kill travis, is out the window. Speaking purely from an evidentiary perspective and stating AGAIN, that I think she shot first and DID steal the gun for the purpose of killing him if it came to that and DID try to kill him with the gun that she brought for that purpose. Which is why I think the ME's testimony hurts more than it helps, especially since it's not rock solid due to the brain decomp. jmo

I wonder if by fights the ex meant physical or just yelling, etc.? On the site "which shall not be named" they're claiming he broke JA's finger sometime earlier in their relationship.

I would like to read that discussion. Can someone private message me with the unnamed site? Thanks in advance.

What leads you to believe it was a switchblade?

To carry an open knife around would be to hard to handle if her purse is like a normal woman's purse. All the digging around we do in them.

Dahmer came from a horrible dysfunctional family.

I do not believe babies are born evil.

bbm -There's a wonderful center in CT "The Infant Cognition Center at Yale" aka "The Baby Lab"- they've done some fascinating research on baby morality.
Addresses nature v. nurture, the question of "Where does all the evil in the world come from?" You will even hear the phrase "baby bigots". They do brilliant work.

http://www.yale.edu/infantlab/Our_Studies.html

I don't like that the detective is sitting there at counsel table. Not to mention that he was yawning and looking extremely bored whenever the camera showed him sitting there.

Where I live, it's commonplace for investigators to sit directly behind the prosecutors on the other side of the bar, but that would not include investigators who are going to be called as witnesses in the case. All testifying witnesses are sworn in and then excluded from the courtroom so their testimony is not tainted by what they hear from other witnesses

Arizona is weird!

The Hallelujah song was exactly the inspiration for the username :) One of my all time favorites.

that happens in california - i've actally seen it in a lot of courts - when you have a complicated case, because the lead detective is the expert and the prosecution needs that - and poor flores has been put thru the ringer :heartbeat:

If she stabbed him in the heart first and nicked his lung all that blow back on the sink would also be explained. The ME said he could not tell if it had because of all the decomp.

There's no evidence that she brought a knife. None. They have no idea where the knife came from. That's my entire point. If she had a gun that was stolen for the purpose of killing him, yet she didn't use the gun, but a knife, the prosecutor's premeditation theory, i.e., that she stole the gun to kill travis, is out the window. Speaking purely from an evidentiary perspective and stating AGAIN, that I think she shot first and DID steal the gun for the purpose of killing him if it came to that and DID try to kill him with the gun that she brought for that purpose. Which is why I think the ME's testimony hurts more than it helps, especially since it's not rock solid due to the brain decomp. jmo

Then, please explain how there was blood virtually everywhere if he was shot first since the ME said that this shot came either at the time of death or after? Or, do you also disbelieve that? A gunshot into the head at virtually any angle would do so much damage as to at the very least make a human being unconscious. The people who have "lived" with a gunshot wound to the head...how many of them ran or crawled around for 2 minutes afterwards?

I carry around my fork with no problems at all:)

lol...well that is not quite as bad as a knife that is open. It had to be pretty darn sharp to go through the bone of his sternum to hit his heart.

I cropped the area of TAs right shoulder and enlarged it. The red arrows are pointing at what looks like a design on TAs upper arm.

(I'm trying to get caught up on the thread)

picture.php

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - The state Rests in The State v. Jodi Arias: break in trial until 28 January 2013 #11

ETA Or is it a design on the cuff of a sleeve, and a hand reaching down to grab his upper arm.
Good grief now I think I see a thumb. :hypno:

Could also be a tattoo.

At the 30 minute mark on the 48 hours thing. Jodi says...heard loud pop...she was knocked to the floor in front of the tub, Travis was screaming, she looked up and both ninjas were coming toward them.

Ok...what did a ninja knock her to the ground with? She claims they both went down at the same time.

Devils is in the details and hers, even with the gift of times, never make any sense.

Jodi has a good vocabulary, but she doesn't seem very bright to me.

If Jodi had never shot a gun before she wouldn't know there would be a kick and that is her falling down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michavery