The state Rests in The State v. Jodi Arias: break in trial until 28 January 2013 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The ME clearly said he could not know for sure as the brain was so rapidly deteriorated he could not conclude. He offered that it was quite possible. I drew a 50-50 conclusion from his explanation. He does not know for sure... but we know the prosecutors are rolling with that theory, given that inconclusive proffer. I say he was shot first. She came for a gun death if he did not comply.. no way she stabbed him first in my mind.

It defies all logic and reasoning to assert the bullet magically skirted around and missed be brain based on the trajectory. The ME was unable to show via dissected brain the exact path the bullet took through the brain due to decomposition. That was my take away from the ME's testimony.

Madeleine. Of course I agree with you 100% but the defense can probably show many instances of overkill by an abused person.

I know you have seen many shows where the bad-guy/rapist/enemy soldier/etc get shot like with every bullet or stabbed over and over. Panic, blackout, primal fear... they might try all that stuff IMO.

Ahhhh, but that is where the hair dying, car rental, gas cans, cell phone shut off, reported gun stolen, etc. comes into play. When it walks like a snake....this one is a deadly poisonous one. Maybe defense should quit while they are ahead. jmo

Why is the lead detective sitting at counsel table? That is something I have never seen before and think it's odd.

I've seen this before only in other Arizona trials. I thought it was odd too.

btw- everytime I see your username I start singing "Hallelujah" It goes like this, The fourth, The fifth, The minor fall, the major lift Thanks for indirectly inspiring me to break out into song randomly !

It defies all logic and reasoning to assert the butler magically skirted around and missed be brain based on the trajectory. The ME was unable to show via dissected brain the exact path the bullet took through the brain due to decomposition. That was my take away from the ME's testimony.

Linda, I think you need to go to bed. I don't think the butler did it. lol

The ME clearly said he could not know for sure as the brain was so rapidly deteriorated he could not conclude. He offered that it was quite possible. I drew a 50-50 conclusion from his explanation. He does not know for sure... but we know the prosecutors are rolling with that theory, given that inconclusive proffer. I say he was shot first. She came for a gun death if he did not comply.. no way she stabbed him first in my mind.

Please provide a link where the me said that he could not determine it. Thank you.

I disagree. According to my theory, the extreme violence was to prevent the victim of what was supposed to be a fatal gunshot from escaping into the common area of the house and sealing the fate of Jodi right there, on the spot. No way she was letting him keep on yelling or get out of that room -- whatever it took. The prosecution disagrees with me. They think she brought a gun on purpose, but used a knife instead because, well, I don't know why they think she used a knife instead. They think she used a knife on a guy bigger and stronger than her, even though Jodi brought a gun and even though they have no explanation for where the knife came from and why it just happened to be in the bathroom at the time. I think it wasn't.

We know she used both weapons, regardless of where she obtained them. We know this because the victim was both shot and stabbed. And Jodi, through her attorneys, admitted she was the one who killed Travis so we know the "who done it."

What makes extreme violence? It's when more violence than is needed to kill is undertaken by the perp. Did that happen in this case? According to testimony by the M.E., Travis had 3 wounds that in and of themselves could have been fatal without any other wounds. That seems to meet the definition of "extreme" violence.

As for the reason why the extreme violence, we can only guess and speculate. It could be because Travis didn't die from the initial wounds, it could be because Jodi was enraged, it could be because she wanted to make sure he was well and truly dead, or it could be combinations of those reasons and possibly other factors. I'm not sure the "why" matters as far as what the jury has to decide.

Is it less extreme to be shot first, then stabbed, then have one's throat slashed versus stabbed first, then stabbed repeatedly, then throat slashed, then dragged down the hall, then shot? Both scenarios seem like extreme violence.

Isabelle,
That's JODI!!!
Does the tape work? My comp has so many security settings, it will let me play it on the comp, but not on WS.
I'll try to give you the link, cuz there are others there you may want to see.

Do we know what witnesses might be called during rebuttal? They do call witnesses for this, don't they? (married to a lawyer, but don't know jack!)

Ahhhh, but that is where the hair dying, car rental, gas cans, cell phone shut off, reported gun stolen, etc. comes into play. When it walks like a snake....this one is a deadly poisonous one. Maybe defense should quit while they are ahead. jmo

OK but:

hair dyed because he wanted her to.
car rental because she likes white cars.
cell phone didn't want other guy calling her.
gun reported stolen... she only took it for protection tho. Didn't want to worry gparents.

PS- I have seen all these arguments in stuff like the A.Knox case.

I've been wondering if the hair dying and the white car would be so if anyone saw her or the vehicle... they might think it was Mimi.

If the roommate saw that car... he still wouldn't know she was there.

Isabelle,
That's JODI!!!
Does the tape work? My comp has so many security settings, it will let me play it on the comp, but not on WS.
I'll try to give you the like, cuz there are others there you may want to see.

Looks like an oriental girl wearing a sunhat.

Do we know what witnesses might be called during rebuttal? They do call witnesses for this, don't they? (married to a lawyer, but don't know jack!)

we can;t know until we here what the defense says - like if they bring in one expert - that opens the door for prosecutor to bring in another - or if one friend says TA did A. then prosecutor can bring in another friend who says B.

I have yet to see a witness list in the case.

During the time Jodi was at Travis' you'd think someone would have noticed her car. did Travis by any chance drive a white car?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member