The state Rests in The State v. Jodi Arias: break in trial until 28 January 2013 #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you reread the ME's testimony he is 100% certain it went through the front lobe and would have done damage because it is a bullet fired from at least two foot or more away. What he said he wasn't 100% sure of was the amount of damage because there was no evidence of the amount of hemmorage within the brain because of the decomposition. He was certain that when TA was shot there would have been little to no movement by TA because of the shock to his brain. It's in his testimony. We are not on the jury but he was very convincing. As a juror considering the path of the bullet I can't see how they could ever come to the conclusion that TA was a threat to her whether he was shot first or last unless she was standing on a ladder. And as a juror I would be focused on the neck wound not the gunshot.

I think the defense is trying to draw the attention away from the neck wound by creating controversy over the gunshot coming first or last. It's that neck wound that will decide her fate. Even if he crawled down the hall and blocked her way the closet door was open and she could have easily escaped the room from there as it exits on the bedroom side.

If I were a juror I'd be saying why is this an issue. It's a case of overkill. Her actions before and after just prove she planned to kill him and wanted him to suffer. jmo

All that could be true. But that wasn't the point of my OP. The point was that the prosecutor's case is that she stole a gun to kill Travis and covered up the theft as a very significant part of the premeditation -- secretly obtaining a weapon to be used in the crime. The pros. even called the police officer who investigated the theft to show that it really was Jodi who stole the gun and lied about it.

At the same time, though, the prosecutor put the ME on to show that the gun shot came last -- in other words, that her go-to weapon was the knife and not the gun. Yet the prosecutor put on no evidence of where the knife came from in support of premeditation, only the gun. If I were the defense, I would argue that if you premeditated a killing with a gun, but ended up killing someone with a knife, something must have happened to make you change your mind. I think the gun jamming is what made her change her mind, but the defense will argue that it was an attack by Travis. There would have been less room for that argument if the gun shot was first AND pre-meditation would be a slam dunk based on the proof of the phony theft of the gun and the presence of a .25 caliber bullet at the scene. That's all I'm saying.

It will be interesting to me to see whether the defense calls an expert to negate the ME's "shot last" testimony. Since the judge has now ruled that it doesn't matter which came first for dp eligibility, if I were the defense I would not try to refute the ME's testimony for the reasons I mentioned.

all fwiw and jmo.

It is Jeff Daniel's theatre and is totally awesome!!!! I just saw his latest piece last week.

The theatre is named the purple rose after his role in "the purple rose of cairo".

Very cool theatre if you are ever in the area.

(sorry for the off topic hahaha)

I sure hope I will feel good about the justice system when this trial is all over.

I will never be able to have certainty in my feelings after the CA verdict.
(that and OJ forever changed me)

here is another funny hahahaha thing I thought of this morning:

1) glove was too small for OJ (right)
2) Arias claims one pair of her matching murder pants were TOO SMALL (right)

Murder pants. LOL :crazy:

Below is a picture of kerosene sold at Walmart. This is not a substitute for gasoline but a fuel used for certain outdoors/camping equipment such as heaters, cook tops and lanterns. This is the largest size they have, and it's approximately one gallon. It cannot be used as a gasoline alternative but can be used as an accelerant to start or fuel a burning fire.

IMO she bought the kerosene to burn her clothes and other murder items. We have not heard that the kerosene was recovered in subsequent searches -- because it was used presumably, probably in the desert that she drove to after her murderous rampage.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-01-20 at 11.03.33 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-01-20 at 11.03.33 AM.png
    153.4 KB · Views: 19
he was sitting there waiting to go up to the stand in between witnesses, I believe. I haven't seen him sitting there the entire time but I could be wrong.

He doesn't sit there the entire time, but at least when I was there, he was there most of the time. The rest of the witnesses sat in the hall while they wait, and never at counsel table that I saw. For example, the fingerprint witness testified 2 or 3x the day I was there, and she waited in the hall in between. As did Heather Conner. In fact, it was Flores who went out to fetch them back a couple of times.

he was sitting there waiting to go up to the stand in between witnesses, I believe. I haven't seen him sitting there the entire time but I could be wrong.

I saw him sitting there after he testified. He has definitely been sitting there when he was not waiting to testify. Don't know if he has been there the entire time, but quite a bit at least.

Is it possible that she did shoot him first, say when he was seated in the shower, and that he was unconscious for a while? Her gun jammed so she only gets off one shot. But he's taking too long to die so she knifes him in the chest which bled profusely and washed conveniently down the shower. She sits/leans on the sink trying to figure out what to do next. He wakes up after a few minutes and runs toward her. He is weak, confused, and probably with diminished eyesight (at least in the right eye). She easily evades him. He is unsteady and leans on the sink and coughs out the blood spray. She gets behind him and sets about the business of giving him the remaining 26 stab wounds, which continues as he crawls down the hall. He finally collapses at the end of the hall but still manages to scream for help. At this point she's in a state of frenzy, fury and adrenalin. She cuts his throat to shut him up and end the crisis. Then back to the shower to wash him off.

So what looks like overkill in retrospect isn't. She wanted to shoot him dead in the shower but her gun jammed and he wasn't dying from the one shot. She thought the chest stab was just insurance to finish the job. But he wakes up and she does what she needs to do to finish the job. The whole scene from when he wakes up to her cutting his throat takes less than 30 seconds.

You lost me when you said that he was shot in the head, stabbed in the heard, unconscious for a while and THEN wakes up and begins to chase her. No freakin how and no freakin way!

reminder:

if a link comes up ******** it is an unapproved site to link to here at websleuths. Thanks everyone! :rocker:

I am thinking that I read somewhere that they had agreed not to use her statement about " no jury would convict me." I sure hope I dreamed that.:banghead:

The defense filed a motion to keep that out, but the judge denied it and ruled that it could be used.

Below is a picture of kerosene sold at Walmart. This is not a substitute for gasoline but a fuel used for certain outdoors/camping equipment such as heaters, cook tops and lanterns. This is the largest size they have, and it's approximately one gallon. It cannot be used as a gasoline alternative but can be used as an accelerant to start or fuel a burning fire.

IMO she bought the kerosene to burn her clothes and other murder items. We have not heard that the kerosene was recovered in subsequent searches -- because it was used presumably, probably in the desert that she drove to after her murderous rampage.

kerosene cans also (at least where I am from) look just like gas cans except they have to be yellow in color.

we have a kerosene dispenser at our gas station and they won't let you put it in a red (gas) can.

(I frequently fill up our can for our garage heater)

JA included so many items for us to discuss (eg nude photos, multiple inflicted injuries, mixed blood palm print, murder pants, dragging body photos, etc).

Such a shame she didn’t think to include an audiotape recording of the interaction between JA and TA beginning with the nude photos and later with the shower pictures and beyond. It would have been very interesting to hear exactly what was said, when and by whom. Well … if she gets off, maybe she’ll include audio with the next go-round. :rolleyes: :shakehead:

Really ? Where did you hear that? Depending on which way the head is tilted even changes the alignment of the brain within the skull cavity.. it is not flush to the skull, nor attached to the skull.

But the ME was the one examining his body. Wouldn't he know for sure? We all can't say what he witnessed because we were not there regardless of what experience we may have. Actually examining the body is the only way.

When I was sixteen I was involved in an accident when someone dropped a manhole cover and it hit my big toe. Months later the doctor brought the x-ray to a meeting and asked other doctor's present to guess what happened. All of them said it was impossible that the injury came from the manhole. Gunshot wound was one guess, molten metal spill was another.

The ME had the advantage of actually having the body before him and there was no hesitation in his testimony so as a juror that would be a major consideration for me. jmo

For all of you duct tape peeps.
Here is an article another site put out to explain the duct tape on his arm.
I've never heard of this type of thing before, but maybe I'm just out of the loop on the "Do not remove the duct tape until you describe the break-up of the relationship" sort of thing.

http://www.reapteam.org/duct-tape

This could very well be an exercise Jodi was using on Travis to explain to him the pain she felt from their break up ...or some kind of analogy like that. I think it's entirely possible that they never had sex on the day Jodi arrived to murder Travis. Those pictures are not particularly sexual IMO

JA included so many items for us to discuss (eg nude photos, multiple inflicted injuries, mixed blood palm print, murder pants, dragging body photos, etc).

Such a shame she didn’t think to include an audiotape recording of the interaction between JA and TA beginning with the nude photos and later with the shower pictures and beyond. It would have been very interesting to hear exactly what was said, when and by whom. Well … if she gets off, maybe she’ll include audio with the next go-round. :rolleyes: :shakehead:

Apparently she did record phone sex between she and Travis which we all will be able to hear during the defense (disgustingly disrespectful disingenuous) case. I may only be able to watch that case in bits and pieces. That trashing of the victim that's become commonplace in the system is just...unconscienable. Or however that's spelled.

All that could be true. But that wasn't the point of my OP. The point was that the prosecutor's case is that she stole a gun to kill Travis and covered up the theft as a very significant part of the premeditation -- secretly obtaining a weapon to be used in the crime. The pros. even called the police officer who investigated the theft to show that it really was Jodi who stole the gun and lied about it.

At the same time, though, the prosecutor put the ME on to show that the gun shot came last -- in other words, that her go-to weapon was the knife and not the gun. Yet the prosecutor put on no evidence of where the knife came from in support of premeditation, only the gun. If I were the defense, I would argue that if you premeditated a killing with a gun, but ended up killing someone with a knife, something must have happened to make you change your mind. I think the gun jamming is what made her change her mind, but the defense will argue that it was an attack by Travis. There would have been less room for that argument if the gun shot was first AND pre-meditation would be a slam dunk based on the proof of the phony theft of the gun and the presence of a .25 caliber bullet at the scene. That's all I'm saying.

It will be interesting to me to see whether the defense calls an expert to negate the ME's "shot last" testimony. Since the judge has now ruled that it doesn't matter which came first for dp eligibility, if I were the defense I would not try to refute the ME's testimony for the reasons I mentioned.

all fwiw and jmo.

i don't know why the defense would make such an issue of it if they weren't going to call an expert to refute it.

but it seems to me it sort of diminishes the self defense claim too because if he was disabled by a bullet or a stab wound either one, she had the opportunity to RUN AWAY!!!!!

I saw him sitting there after he testified. He has definitely been sitting there when he was not waiting to testify. Don't know if he has been there the entire time, but quite a bit at least.

Detective Flores is playing second chair in this trial. He knows probably as much about the case as Martinez at this point.

Apparently she did record phone sex between she and Travis which we all will be able to hear during the defense (disgustingly disrespectful disingenuous) case. I may only be able to watch that case in bits and pieces. That trashing of the victim that's become commonplace in the system is just...unconscienable. Or however that's spelled.

it is going to be terrible.. I just have a feeling after hearing the opening statement by the defense.

I seriously don't know how Travis' sisters will be able to keep themselves from going over that little wood partition either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Squishy1166