The State v. Jodi Arias: break in trial until 28 January 2013 #16 *ADULT CONTENT*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey! Just noticed that Thursday has been added to the docket. So upcoming schedule (that we know of) is:

Wednesday, January 30 - Trial - 10:30 local time (12:30 Eastern)
Thursday, January 31 - Trial - 10:30 local time (12:30 Eastern)
Wednesday, February 13 - Hearing - 1:30 local time (3:30 Eastern)

Does this mean no court after the 31st until the 13th?? Or is that just the date of that hearing and the trial continues?

They were waiting for GS to tell "The Secret" I guess. Seems to be mystery about what he had to tell the prosecution or defense, whoever bit first and it appears he is now going with defense. If it's about the phone he gave Jodi he now claims he does not know when that was. I get the impression had the State called him back his memory would have been crystal. lol

From what I heard today according to the timeline, he met Jodi after she and Travis broke up. And one of the PPL guys who appeared on someone's show yesterday said he had no doubt there had been a sexual relationship between Jodi and Gus. If he met her after Travis, she stayed at his motor home at some point, why not? Unless of course he was "involved" with someone else.

Man, watching Gus's testimony, what was the point? So she didn't try to seduce him? So what? He's some gross man. And married I suppose?

Oh, I bet if truth be told, something did happen between those two. I guess that after seeing those "intimate" photos of Jodi, I can't seem to get out of my mind the thought that she never let a man pass by without getting into the seduction mode. YUCK!

But, I agree with you that it would be no surprise to me that a woman wouldn't want to get with THAT. He turns my stomach!

Thanks a bunch for your perspective.
You're very welcome. :) Just to add Jodi's behavior is extremely inconsistent with an abuse victim regardless of whatever evidence the defense is able to conjure.

- Moving closer to the abuser after the breakdown of a relationship.
- Being allowed to move away from an abuser without increased violence or stalking presumably.
- Snooping online accounts and cell phone of abuser.
- Slashing abuser's tires.
- Sending 'warning' emails to prospective girlfriends of abuser.
- Apparently letting abuser know you're dating other people.

Etc. I know not everything is 'proven' BARD but I think the above very likely. And atypical even in an emotionally abusive relationship. MOO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2X6CeMq834

I posted this on the previous thread but did anyone notice the inmate say that Jodi told her in the medical wing that she chopped up Travis and deposited the items all over the county? :what:

1hr 21 mins in for the jail tour.

Yes, I saw/heard that. I think she actually said that Jodi told her (the inmate) that Jodi chopped up the body and deposited the body parts all over the county.

From what I heard today according to the timeline, he met Jodi after she and Travis broke up. And one of the PPL guys who appeared on someone's show yesterday said he had no doubt there had been a sexual relationship between Jodi and Gus. If he met her after Travis, she stayed at his motor home at some point, why not? Unless of course he was "involved" with someone else.

Not seeing how being involved with anyone else would stop a slime ball...*shiver*...lol

If TA's original e-mail is something the PA doesn't want in though, maybe his witness should have just left it at what the DT wanted? JM was pretty silent throughout that exchange, so I'm thinking there are statements made by TA in that original e-mail that he would prefer not come out. So as not to give the DT any leeway in questioning TA's character. MOO

ETA: I understand it was only to be read silently, but there's nothing to say that it wouldn't be admitted into evidence and heard by the jury somewhere down the road.

Jodi had access to his email account. Could it be withheld because they just are not sure who really wrote the original email JA or TA? I believe that is why Chris wanted to see the first email that came from TA. jmo

Did anyone hear NG call Nurmi "combative" today with CH?

Oh, I bet if truth be told, something did happen between those two. I guess that after seeing those "intimate" photos of Jodi, I can't seem to get out of my mind the thought that she never let a man pass by without getting into the seduction mode. YUCK!

But, I agree with you that it would be no surprise to me that a woman wouldn't want to get with THAT. He turns my stomach!

jinx! See my post just above yours. :seeya:

They were waiting for GS to tell "The Secret" I guess. Seems to be mystery about what he had to tell the prosecution or defense, whoever bit first and it appears he is now going with defense. If it's about the phone he gave Jodi he now claims he does not know when that was. I get the impression had the State called him back his memory would have been crystal. lol

I think the mystery nugget of info that Gus had was about the Cell Phone he gave her. I cant think of anything else it could be. We may never know now since he has more important things to worry about. :floorlaugh:

No worries, Hatfield. I'll try but there are lots of posters here much more eloquent.

In recent years, fortunately, verbal and psychological/emotional abuse are becoming much more understood as being detrimental. Years ago this just wasn't the case. (I had to fight tooth and nail for a restraining order because my abuse, while having physical overtones like threatening me with a gun, wasn't actually physically abusive in terms of battery.)

Calling someone a name is verbal abuse. Emotional abuse is a lengthy process of eroding someone's self worth using verbal abuse (among many other tactics) and this I believe is what they will claim - if they don't try for physical as well.

There are many abuse survivors and DV experts who have stated emotional abuse is at least as detrimental and destructive as physical abuse. Jodi's defense could make the claim that emotional abuse very often escalates to physical violence (it does) and having a history of abuse Jodi did fear Travis. (I feared my ex greatly but he never hit me. I just always believed he would as it was a constant threat.)

The Jennifer Young case is a very classic example of how quickly an emotionally abusive relationship can become lethal. Having never hit her before Jason Young beat his pregnant wife to death. She'd only recently had her first appointment with a counselor who had to tell her that her marriage was verbally abusive. As is very common with victims of EA Michelle was seeking therapy to work on herself and what she perceived were her issues/problems. :(

HTH

BBM
Hi BritsKate,

Her name was not Jennifer, it was Michelle Young. Thanks.

I agree. If the defense has an expert that says the letter could have been written by TA, why not let that expert speak? If they have a "reputable" expert, why isn't it allowed in?

JMHO

Mel

Because the State's expert said it was not written by TA but by JA. Defense may not have given their expert anything written from the past of JA's. Chris was saying the construction of the letter was all wrong and not the way TA writes letters. jmo

That one guy on the phone at the end of the day handled himself really well.

I am interested to hear Sky testify. She is being requested by the defense.

Are you referring to the outdoor skee ball game? The one with three holes?

If so ;) HA

OMG I didn't even get that until you just spelled it out for me! :floorlaugh: I saw that pic and just thought, hmm, yeah I used to love that game, too. Wonder what it's doing on here.

I have to say one more thing about Mr. Martinez: I am so impressed the way he cuts in with his objection so quickly, being able to anticipate what the witness is about to say (hearsay, nonresponsive, etc). He is so sharp! When defense objects, he mumbles something and people just keep talking. I also enjoyed Juan planted the "pyramid" notion so carefully.

I wonder how the defense is going to explain those gas cans. It's looking more and more like they are going to have to put Jodi on the stand.

I suspect she wanted off the case with this lunatic just as Nurmi did and used this as her ethical reason to ditch.

Speaking of Nurmi, the private practice he established (and wanted to leave JA's case to go work on) specializes in defending accused sexual offenders/criminals. From his website:

I can provide you with aggressive representation against
any accusation that you committed a sexual offense.

Sexual Assault • Sex Conduct with a Minor • Indecent Exposure
Sexual Exploitation of a Minor • Sexual Abuse • Molestation of a Child

Yeah, he's as bad as I thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads