The State v. Jodi Arias: break in trial until 28 January 2013 #19 *ADULT CONTENT*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just in, defense filed a"stay" in the trial, an interlocutors appeal. I am not sure what this means, but it is something about the sequence of events shot or stab, and Det Flores and Dr. Horn. Filed last week. Something about a Kronos hearing what does it mean??????

The only way that makes sense to anyone is if they find it acceptable for jurors to have their own personal biases in a case and dont have to weigh the actual evidence entered in any trial but can base their injustice verdict on such nonsense.

As a juror several times over to even contemplate such a replusive thing.... I find highly insulting and offensive.:furious: I would NEVER thwart justice for a victim because I was petty, bias, and immature to hold it against either lawyer and anyone that does so should be locked up for breaking their oath imo.:furious:

Then what was the point of the image, if not to create an emotional appeal to the jurors?

:waitasec:

She doesn't look Hispanic in the least to me. But, maybe her married name is Casares and her husband is. I dislike her so much that I don't even care enough to look it up..lol
Trust me, from her pronunciation, she's fluent in Spanish!

Any of the lawyers have an opinion as to the attire of a defendant when they take the stand? Will it matter that Jodi is dressed in black today? Would that indicate that she may or may not be taking the stand? Thanks in advance!

She is the widow woman who had to kill her man when he :waitasec: :waitasec::waitasec: nevermind

Good questions. Women hold lots of leadership positions in the church. Often, women are thought of as naturally being more spiritual by nature. Just what I have seen- not speaking for the church, of course.

In this case, I think JA was good at reading what different people wanted her to be. I think this young man was taken in by her personality and her expressed interest in changing her life, etc. I think he was probably disappointed that Travis didn't hold the line more so JA would have a fair chance to change her life. KEY: Remember, this young man has not heard the other testimony yet. He is also not watching the media. He still has no clue of all we have seen and heard. I believe it will be a surprise to him when/if he hears the other testimony at a later date.

Meaning no disrespect Mormon Atty but I think you skirted the question . . . . Women can hold "leadership positions" like being the president of the Relief Society (the Women's group) or a "Primary Teacher" (pre-school sunday school teacher) but they do NOT HOLD PRIESTHOOD!!!! Women cannot attain the Celestial Kingdom without a Man's coat tails to hang onto! The LDS religion is a very Patriarichal religion and always has been . . . they have made some major changes over the years to comply with "Man's Laws" (ie: getting rid of polygamy/polygeny; allowing Men of Color to hold Priesthood"; no longer referring to people of Color carrying the "Mark of Cain or the Mark of the Beast"; attempting to be more open to people who Smoke/Drink, etc . . .) but the basic tenants of the original church are still overriding . . . .In my experience growing up in the Mormon religion.

The "semantics" used by the LDS people (again in my experience) are often a way out of answering direct questions and that is why I believe that TA used semantics to convince himself that anal and oral sex was okay but vaginal sex was a sin.

I am not trying to bash the LDS faith here - just to note some of the questions that have been brought up and tell others about my experience.

She must be picking out "the one" she wants to charm if/when she takes the stand. GULP!!!

Yup. I noticed that too!
But I must say, whenever I have heard her speak, she just seems very off to me. Honestly I can't imagine being pulled in by her and I don't think the jury will be either. It's not just how she verbally expresses but her body language also. At this point I truly feel we have ourselves a good smart attentive serious jury. I think they will give her the DP.
Jmo

Until we can hear the context of the phrase "3 hole wonder", I don't agree that it is necessarily a derogatory term. What if he is saying, "Wow, you are an amazing lover, and I appreciate all of you."?
That is the problem with the written word - as sometimes happens in this blog. Nuances are not available, no facial expressions to read. I believe the written word alone is often misconstrued - especially if taken out of context.

Jason Mrz's "Your body is a wonderland" went through my mind & water came shooting out my mouth when I read your post.

You're right, though. "Three hole wonder" COULD be a compliment. (Probably not a compliment *I* would like to receive. Just sayin.)

I don't know if Betty Broderick was charged with a lesser crime or what happened, but she was convicted of two counts of 2nd degree murder for killing her ex and his new wife. She told quite a tale of woe that didn't include physical violence if I remember correctly.
She was charged with 2nd degree after the first trial ended hung with 2 jurors holding out for manslaughter. :what:

Just in, defense filed a"stay" in the trial, an interlocutors appeal. I am not sure what this means, but it is something about the sequence of events shot or stab, and Det Flores and Dr. Horn. Filed last week. Something about a Kronos hearing what does it mean??????

I think they are realizing Jodi cannot testify. So they want to get this aggravator away from the charge. Then if it is just LWOP, they would likely close their case without her testifying. They know she is toast.

Where did you see that? Oh noooooooooooooooooooooo

Then what was the point of the image, if not to create an emotional appeal to the jurors?

:waitasec:

The photo was already in evidence.

It was to bring the focus back to why they are really there. The cold blooded murder of Travis Alexander.

IMO

I think they are realizing Jodi cannot testify. So they want to get this aggravator away from the charge. Then if it is just LWOP, they would likely close their case without her testifying. They know she is toast.

I think it has to do with the issue of shot first or stabbed vs death penalty.

Well, we already know he referred to her as a "three hole wonder" so saying he wasn't with her isn't much of a surprise. Question is, why would she just sit around and accept that kind of treatment? Maybe she was keeping score until she hit the magic number of insults and really got even.......

Flirting with the waitress and saying they were not together...

may have been TA way of starting a conversation about what their relationship was or ever could be. Many men, especially young men, don't seem to know how to express their feelings and thoughts about their relationships, they want to avoid hurting the woman's feelings so they may not know how to talk to the woman they are dating.

IF JA didn't say anything to TA about what he had said to the waitress, it makes me feel like she didn't want to go there either. I think she didn't want to have that conversation for fear the relationship would be over if they actually talked about where they were going in the relationship.

Something similar happened to me years ago. The man made a comment about a friend of his who would really like an item we saw. I wanted to say, I would really like that item too, too bad you aren't thinking of me. I did not say anything as I really feared where the conversation would go. We liked each other, but it wasn't necessarily going anywhere. It's too bad we were just having a relationship and not the conversation, cause I wasted a lot of time on this man. Of course I did not stab him 29 times, slash his throat and shoot him in the head. Jodi = evil in my opinion.

Hi, Wishbone. We don't know in what tone "three-hole wonder" was delivered or, in fact, who said it first. And Jodi might not have taken it as an insult. After all, they did apparently have repeated sex romps and take nude pictures of one another; something I have never even thought of doing with any girlfriend. Jodi was hot to trot and I suspect that whatever his second thoughts, Travis was experiencing his first full discovery of erotic adventure.

....Unfortunately, it helped get him killed.

So far, I'm unconvinced that it was Travis that took naked pics of Jodi, or that there were "bondage" "games" as implied by others. I don't think "three hole wonder" would ever be seen as anything but an insult.

Trust me, from her pronunciation, she's fluent in Spanish!

I didn't say that I didn't believe she was fluent in Spanish...just that I didn't think she looked Hispanic. I am fluent in Spanish but don't have a drop of Hispanic blood and have blonde hair and blue eyes.

Hi Candy,
The letters themselves are not in the court minutes. Only the court procedures surrounding them.
By 8/7 they are already asking for a sample of Jodi's handwriting to prove them fraudulent, so it was slightly before that.

Ahh, gotcha. Bummer, I wanted to read what SHE wrote!

Thanks so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member