The Texts Messages: Warning! Graphic SEXUALLY EXPLICIT

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt if she was out of her mind with grief or sorrow. Kyron was not HER child. Even though she had helped raise him from a baby, there is a difference in a biological child and a stepchild. Anyone who says different is either delusional or lying.
I had my stepdaughter for much of her teen years. I love her, but not like I love my own, because she has a mother, and I always knew I could not take her place, even if I wanted to.

I would be. Love is not always a matter of blood.

Kaine and his lawyer chose which text messages to publicize - for the stated reason of showing terri as not caring about kyron's disappearance If he had included the texts he says exist that show terri as caring -it would have gone against the message he and his lawyer are trying to portray.

Terri's lawyer(s) could counter that with the actual texts. Then it would prove how much (or possibly how little) she actually texted about missing the children.

I was just replying to your statement that she had not changed her behavior, the behaivor that got her the DUI.

And clearly, I think it is fair to assume that Terri had baby with her almost all the time; the photos and FB showed that, to gym etc. I know it is a sensitive topic, but I do feel that Kaine was closing his eyes to Terri's issues as he did not know what else to do, meanwhile baby and Kyron were both in danger, if her issues were as he said in the legal documents.

unfortunately i think you may be right about this - BUT even if this is true i dont think that this would also mean that he ever thought that she was capable of intentionally killing either of their children(i hope). kwim? i think many people are guilty of putting off dealing with issues that they have no idea how to deal with. im interested in why he chose not to deal with it. is it because he truly didnt know - or because he just didnt know what to do about it. or, for all we know he did try to do something and th just was not receptive to whatever it may have been?

Here's an idea, what if Terri really is responsible for Kyron's disappearance? What if she really is as cold as she comes across with the sexting and not fighting for her baby? What if she really didn't care if LE saw the texts because, well...she just doesn't care?

Then continuing to litter a civil court proceeding with criminal content and accusations will prove detrimental in being able to bring about a conviction.

Unlike revenge, justice isn't best served cold. It is best served appropriately.

Then continuing to litter a civil court proceeding with criminal content and accusations will prove detrimental in being able to bring about a conviction.

Unlike revenge, justice isn't best served cold. It is best served appropriately.

Why exactly would it "prove detrimental?"

A judge would have leeway to keep the sexts out if he should somehow believe that. Or the trial could be moved elsewhere. Although we are following this case closely, not every soul who might be called for jury duty is fixated on this case...reads the newspaper...or scans the Internet in detail. I think there are whole populations of people who do not know of Terri Horman's sexual talents or proclivities as explained and demonstrated on the cellphone by herself. In fact, I would bet there are legions of people who do not even know who Terri Horman is! Good Grief...there are people who don't know who their Senator or Governor is!

Furthermore...protecting your only surviving child...from the woman you and LE believe killed your OTHER child...perhaps in FRONT OF HER...is not "revenge."

If Kaine believes LE, he has no other option.

Terri, however, had an option not to push this.

She pushed.

Now the sexts are in the public domain. Terrified parents do what they must to protect their surviving child.

In view of the fact that Terri will not submit to the basic tests/ examinations that stand as safeguards in ANY divorce custody case...she has essentially made the choice to choose HERSELF. Indeed her lawyers retreated.

If there is nothing to this case but gossip and hearsay...if she is that fabulous sober Facebook Mom...if the Landscaper is a liar with nothing but a "he said/she said"....if there are many people who can attest to her excellent Mothering and sobriety...if Kaine is unfairly targeting her...if sexting with strangers was a one time stress relief aberration...if there are other grieving texts where she is planning fundraisers with the bat-phones...and IF...Terri believes her child is being harmed by not being with HER...why, in the context of all this NOTHINGNESS...with someone else paying her expensive lawyers...why let her child "suffer?"

Why did Terri's lawyers pull the custody motion?

The sexts were the tip of the iceberg IMO. Terri's lawyers understand that now, I believe. Even great chefs are limited when they have to work with "what they have."

The more pertinent question is, what value did those texts have toward proving Terri's ability to visit with her child? They were an adult content discussion. Adults around the world with children send those messages daily, hourly. Parents with children demonstrate sexual behavior all the time. Terri didn't do this in front of a child.

What value do these messages have toward proving her able to visit with her daughter?

And, if I'm not mistaken, so has the judge. So what was the point of refiling the un-redacted version if not for the public to get glimpse? IMO there is NO other reason.
The judge had already seen these, we're the only ones (JohnQ uninvolved public) who weren't privy.

Where did you get that the judge had already seen the texts? When Kaine mentioned the texts in his motion for contempt, he stated that a copy *could* be provided to the court if the court wished. Then the contempt motion was dropped. When he mentioned them in his motion to compel, he provided the snippet of texts that had to do with the 350K that Terri claimed to have paid Houze for his services. Then, 3 months later, when he wanted to show that contrary to Terri's motion, she wasn't really concerned with seeing her child(his opinion and burden to prove), he provided a block of texts that proved his assertions.

JMO

Kaine has a right to use information given to him by LE to protect his child. He has a right to keep his daughter from a person who tried to have him killed and who is involved in the disappearance of his son(uncontested facts of the civil proceeding). Its not like he said that she has a slew of parking tickets or petty theft and is using that to show her unfitness as a mother. We're talking attempted murder and disappearing a child...someone that wants access to another child(well, not anymore).

How will using the information that he has been given to keep his remaining child safe prove detrimental if and when this ever goes to court? As was mentioned yesterday, the most they could do is get a COV which would be good for everyone, right?

Do we really believe that all that Kaine has done has been a revenge attempt against Terri? That he somehow *doesn't* believe the things that he has been told by LE and is just moving forward to try and *hurt* Terri?

The more pertinent question is, what value did those texts have toward proving Terri's ability to visit with her child? They were an adult content discussion. Adults around the world with children send those messages daily, hourly. Parents with children demonstrate sexual behavior all the time. Terri didn't do this in front of a child.

What value do these messages have toward proving her able to visit with her daughter?

His affidavit was in response to TERRI's motion for an EXPEDITED hearing to modify the RO. He has a right to use text messages sent/received during the time that she had the ability to get the RO dismissed to show that K was not her primary concern and thus an expedited hearing is uneccessary. He has a right to show that while his son was missing and her daughter had been taken away from her, she was engaged in *adult* behavior with no real concern for either child as a sign of emotional disturbance(both things asserted in his affidavit). If it was just a general, "I'm presenting these to show that Terri shouldn't be around K", then I could see the point...but he outlined very specific reasons for providing the texts.

JMO

I don't believe that is the more "pertinent" question to Terri's attorneys. They could well have made that point if there was nothing else to fear.

Money is no object...Terri has some "Mr. or Mrs Big" funding all her legal maneuvers. How...helpful.

They withdrew for some very "pertinent" reason. And THAT is the "pertinent question"...when money is no object, and skill is a given.

Why?

The more pertinent question is, what value did those texts have toward proving Terri's ability to visit with her child? They were an adult content discussion. Adults around the world with children send those messages daily, hourly. Parents with children demonstrate sexual behavior all the time.

:laugh: That's how *I* became a parent!!

Every excuse, rationalization, line of debate that is out on the Internet in defense of Terri and the sexting was certainly available to her attorneys. If Internet sleuthers think of these things...chances are top-paid attorneys do too. This is not their first tough case..nor their introduction to "sexting."
If everything about Terri is all anchored in NOTHINGNESS...and money is no object in providing her legal help...I think the withdrawal of the visitation motion by her attorneys is very, very telling.

His affidavit was in response to TERRI's motion for an EXPEDITED hearing to modify the RO. He has a right to use text messages sent/received during the time that she had the ability to get the RO dismissed to show that K was not her primary concern and thus an expedited hearing is uneccessary. He has a right to show that while his son was missing and her daughter had been taken away from her, she was engaged in *adult* behavior with no real concern for either child as a sign of emotional disturbance(both things asserted in his affidavit). If it was just a general, "I'm presenting these to show that Terri shouldn't be around K", then I could see the point...but he outlined very specific reasons for providing the texts.

JMO

Yes, I read that the point of the texts was to show that Terri's behavior was bizarre and inappropriate in the context of a missing stepson and a husband and baby who had just left. She did not appear to be responding normally to these events. Kaine believes she is mentally ill.

So all adults who send sexually explicit text messages to other adults are mentally ill and should have their children kept from them for their safety? I'm trying to grasp what I seem to be missing about the relevance of these texts to Terri's ability to visit with her child!

Exactly...its not Kaine or his lawyer's job to make Terri's case for her. His job(and Rackner's job) is to make HIS case. My question was doesn't it boggle the mind that TERRI, instead of providing the texts that would counter Kaine's assertions that she didn't care about either one, withdrew her request to see her daughter?

When Kyron and the baby are older and can understand, I think they will be confused as to why kaine chose to take this route to obtain custody of the baby as I'm sure J is now. They know that their mom/stepmom loves them and that they love her.

Terri and her lawyers have chosen to take the high road and not participate in his chosen way and I applaud them for it and I think the children will too.

Although I agree that sexting by itself is not a symptom of mental illness, I think (IMO) the pattern of behavior Kaine is referencing could go to Narcissistic personality disorder or Borderline personality disorder...Both of which can encompass taking good care of children because of how it reflects on the caretaker rather than authentic love and concern for the child(ren)... I personally do believe her pattern of behavior is reflective of her character and judgement, not only the sexting...but the sexting is relevant as a piece of the overall characterization which is a piece of her ability to be an appropriate parent. All MOO...

When Kyron and the baby are older and can understand, I think they will be confused as to why kaine chose to take this route to obtain custody of the baby as I'm sure J is now. They know that their mom/stepmom loves them and that they love her.

Terri and her lawyers have chosen to take the high road and not participate in his chosen way and I applaud them for it and I think the children will too.

Unfortunately, Kyron is going to get any older thanks to his wonderful stepmother. As for baby K, thank God she isn't allowed around the woman any longer else she would be in very grave danger. Thank heavens her daddy has seen fit to fight for her rights and keep her away from this very dangerous woman. More power to Kaine for doing WHATEVER HE CAN DO to protect this precious little girl from becoming another STATISTIC like her older brother. When baby K grows up, I'm sure she is going to look back on all of this and realize how much her daddy loves her and how evil her mother truly is. JMO.

Is Kaine qualified to make psychological diagnoses? He refused to answer questions about her physical and mental health before. Are we all supposed to understand that people who send adult text messages to other adults suffer from this same psychological disorder? I'm still not seeing how these texts are relevant to Terri being able to spend time with her child.

So all adults who send sexually explicit text messages to other adults are mentally ill and should have their children kept from them for their safety? I'm trying to grasp what I seem to be missing about the relevance of these texts to Terri's ability to visit with her child!

Once again, the texts have to be factored into a larger context. The point is that perhaps adults who try to hire hitmen to kill their spouses...and are suspected by police of "disappearing" a sibling of that child....and are alleged (by themselves) to have failed multiple Lie Detector tests about that disappearance...and have no alibi but "driving around...

And are alleged to be abusers of alcohol...are reckless enough to send sexually graphic texts to a stranger when THEY know police are watching them...and are reckless enough to defy their expensive attorneys wise advice (lying again that they were "driving around)...

And.. refuses to answer questions that are routine in any other divorce or undergo any tests designed to protect the child in question...

Yes, there is a valid point that the surviving child should be kept from them until answers can be given to terrifying and terribly important questions.

That's a lot different than generalizing about just a parent who sent a "sext."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member