The "Totally Off Topic" Thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aah, Maryland. My ex and I lived there for about 15 years before returning to Florida. My parents would visit and we'd head on down to Annapolis to eat crabs. Don't remember the name of the place, but newspapers spread on the table, crabs spread out, hammers and picks and nutcrackers right there. Mmmm, delicious. We lived in Lanham, not that far from DC.

Well, we're still snowed in. Quite a blizzard. Expecting some more before it finishes with us, then drifting tomorrow. A neighbor called early this morning to tell us he's missing some cattle not too far from us and to be on the lookout for them. Just a little while ago, another neighbor found them. They plowed down the road with a monster loader and had a pickup backing up the road with a large bale for them. Plowed right into the pasture accross from us. They came back and plowed our drive and are going to pick up a huge bale we have and put it in our pasture for us. That's what kind of neighbors we have. Once I woke up at 2 am in the morning and looked out the window at a Holstein cow staring in. We got up, got our boots on and rounded up the herd into our biggest pen. Called this same neighbor helping us now and told him they were ok till morning. They breed Holsteins and send the pregnant ones to Texas and the Southwest. It is so heartening to know if in an emergency we could get to the highway.

Limping in with a big head to wish all the Web
Sleuthers a very Happy and Healthy 2007!!

Bee Charmer said:
And a Happy New Year to you and Taximom and everyone.

Love
Sami
*advertiser censored*

:laugh:

Bee Charmer said:

Sounds like someone had entirely too much fun in the skybox !

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL !

Barn Goddess,

You made me smile this morning - bet you didn't know that ! I had the tube on to the Tournament of Roses Parade, not exactly watching, just noise. The Marine Mounted Color Guard was coming by - the announcer indicated that they were all mounted on wild mustangs obtained from the Bureau of Land Management so of course I started looking. Prattling one he asked his co-announcer if the color of the horses was Andulusian or Palamino. I fell into a totally stupid fit of laughter - then I smiled cos I knew you would find great humor in this story ! :D

Happy New Year to you and the Barn God ! ;)

RC

happy new year to all of you!!!....

we played Monopoly for HOURS last night, & managed to stay up till midnight:)

Happy New Years to you all! 2007 will be a great year.

JMO...lol.

raisincharlie said:
:laugh:

Sounds like someone had entirely too much fun in the skybox !

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL !
LOL, what a game that was. We have a buy for next week, then we'll see who we have to play.
We're still looking good.

Hope you and yours had a great night too, I tell ya, if I never see another
steamed shrimp for awhile it's okay by me....I am shrimped OUT!

BTW, I miss Polk, anybody know when she's returning?

Bee Charmer said:
LOL, what a game that was. We have a buy for next week, then we'll see who we have to play.
We're still looking good.

Hope you and yours had a great night too, I tell ya, if I never see another
steamed shrimp for awhile it's okay by me....I am shrimped OUT!

Congrats to the Ravens !

My wife and boys were with her parents down at the inner harbor - from conversations they had a great time albeit a tad cool. I'm home minding the equines but I still had a good time.

Shrimped out - I've suffered that particualr malady once or twice myself but glad you had a good time of it. Best to you and your family this new year Bee Charmer!

I thought Polk was going to be gone 2 weeks - seems like that should be up. Hope her holidays have been good as well, anxiously awaiting her return.

raisincharlie said:
Congrats to the Ravens !

My wife and boys were with her parents down at the inner harbor - from conversations they had a great time albeit a tad cool. I'm home minding the equines but I still had a good time.

Shrimped out - I've suffered that particualr malady once or twice myself but glad you had a good time of it. Best to you and your family this new year Bee Charmer!

I thought Polk was going to be gone 2 weeks - seems like that should be up. Hope her holidays have been good as well, anxiously awaiting her return.
Wow, it was huge crowd down there this year. I am sure they
had a fabulous time. Thank you for the info on Polk.

I have enjoyed reading your conversations with BarnGoddess about your
respective horses. Gosh, a whole other way of life, very interesting. As a horse lover, I am sure you have followed Barbaro's recovery. His breakdown
at our Preakness was devastating. As you know, he has made an amazing recovery.

Bee Charmer said:
Wow, it was huge crowd down there this year. I am sure they
had a fabulous time. Thank you for the info on Polk.

I have enjoyed reading your conversations with BarnGoddess about your
respective horses. Gosh, a whole other way of life, very interesting. As a horse lover, I am sure you have followed Barbaro's recovery. His breakdown
at our Preakness was devastating. As you know, he has made an amazing recovery.
Yes, I have followed Barbaro and his fight for life - all I can say is that horse is without a doubt a true CHAMPION. Most do not survive the laminitis this horse suffered. I must say this is part of the reason I love thoroughbreds - strong and willful with huge hearts and the most devoted nature once you have won their trust. An amazing story.

raisincharlie said:
Barn Goddess,

You made me smile this morning - bet you didn't know that ! I had the tube on to the Tournament of Roses Parade, not exactly watching, just noise. The Marine Mounted Color Guard was coming by - the announcer indicated that they were all mounted on wild mustangs obtained from the Bureau of Land Management so of course I started looking. Prattling one he asked his co-announcer if the color of the horses was Andulusian or Palamino. I fell into a totally stupid fit of laughter - then I smiled cos I knew you would find great humor in this story ! :D

Happy New Year to you and the Barn God ! ;)

RC
Yes, you must have been watching the parade on HGTV. We heard that and really got a laugh out of it. We watch that network because they show the entire parade start to finish. Didn't want to miss a horse, you know. Loved every minute of it.

Oh, stone cold sober this morning. Even went to bed sober. We had a little Bailey's and made it to 11 pm our time. Did watch the ball fall.

We've also been watching Barbaro's progress. Our vet, the BarnGod's cousin also owns and races Thoroughbreds.

Bee, I actually went to the Preakness once when I lived in Maryland. My dad watched Man O' War race when he lived in Kentucky many moons ago. My grandfather also raised thoroughbreds. Dad had one as a young man he rode for years. When Secretariat came along, I fussed with my dad during every race of the Triple Crown. It was my opinion that Secretariat was the most perfectly conformed thoroughbred I had ever seen. He didn't think any horse could touch Man O' War.

Here's a link to the Equestrian units today. The Marine Corps horses are described as rescued wild horses of Palamino color.......so, he was barely half right.

http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/gl_plants_roses/article/0,1785,HGTV_3612_5192560_04,00.html

BarnGoddess said:
Yes, you must have been watching the parade on HGTV. We heard that and really got a laugh out of it. We watch that network because they show the entire parade start to finish. Didn't want to miss a horse, you know. Loved every minute of it.

Oh, stone cold sober this morning. Even went to bed sober. We had a little Bailey's and made it to 11 pm our time. Did watch the ball fall.

We've also been watching Barbaro's progress. Our vet, the BarnGod's cousin also owns and races Thoroughbreds.

Bee, I actually went to the Preakness once when I lived in Maryland. My dad watched Man O' War race when he lived in Kentucky many moons ago. My grandfather also raised thoroughbreds. Dad had one as a young man he rode for years. When Secretariat came along, I fussed with my dad during every race of the Triple Crown. It was my opinion that Secretariat was the most perfectly conformed thoroughbred I had ever seen. He didn't think any horse could touch Man O' War.

Here's a link to the Equestrian units today. The Marine Corps horses are described as rescued wild horses of Palamino color.......so, he was barely half right.

http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/gl_plants_roses/article/0,1785,HGTV_3612_5192560_04,00.html
Oh, I bet you enjoyed the Preakness. So thrillling. I have only gone once or twice. Secretariat was magnificent, but my favorite horse of all time, was Ruffian. My heart literally broke when she broke down in her race against Foolish Pleasure in 1975 and had to be put down. She was magnificent too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruffian_(horse)

raisincharlie said:
Congrats to the Ravens !

yeah, i would have thought she'd be back by now also....i miss her!

i'm coming down with something, ugh.....sore throat..even hurts my ears to swallow.....chest hurts too....no fever though, so that's a good thing....was up VERY late last night playing on the Nintendo Wii that my youngest son got for Christmas, lol....played with him & my youngest nephew till i couldn't see straight....got hot coffee right now & it feels good on my throat....

I am officially on baby wait :) My daughter is in hospital and I'm sitting here biting nails and praying for a speedy labour :)

My daughter and her SO decided months ago that this will be a private moment for them and it's probably just as well, lmao....because being a typical mom I do't like seeing my baby in pain.

The hospital has her as being almost a week and a half overdue and are not happy with her doctor at all, so theatre is also on standby.

Love
Sami
*advertiser censored*
Goes back to biting nails!

Samiya said:
I am officially on baby wait :) My daughter is in hospital and I'm sitting here biting nails and praying for a speedy labour :)

My daughter and her SO decided months ago that this will be a private moment for them and it's probably just as well, lmao....because being a typical mom I do't like seeing my baby in pain.

The hospital has her as being almost a week and a half overdue and are not happy with her doctor at all, so theatre is also on standby.

Love
Sami
*advertiser censored*
Goes back to biting nails!

Good News !!! :)

Will be thinking good thoughts for all ! Hang in there Gram !

PolKSaladAnnie

I "see" you !:D

Are you back luv? Hope all is well ! Waiting for you to speak - we have missed you...

Bee Charmer said:

Badda Bing.... Badda Bang .... BADDA BOOM

adopts mae west voluptuous purrr ... most voluptuous stance and frothing a feather boa about .... ate FARRRRR too much over season ....

"Well! Hello there! Prrrrrrr.... Come up and see me sometime...."

PolkSaladAnnie said:
Badda Bing.... Badda Bang .... BADDA BOOM

adopts mae west voluptuous purrr ... most voluptuous stance and frothing a feather boa about .... ate FARRRRR too much over season ....

"Well! Hello there! Prrrrrrr.... Come up and see me sometime...."
Thought I heard trumpets calling! :)

How are you and how ws your trip??

Sami

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors