The Trailer: Who, When and How

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The trailer stored at DM's mother's did not have any mud on the tires in the media photo's I have seen. Ironically, a dodge Ram is used by the police to take it in for evidence.

I don't think they were bright enough to remove soil samples. Which makes me believe the trailer was waiting in a paved area. Where?

The seats were removed, means blood was drawn, my thinking is that Tim was shot. Only the LE knows if a bullet was found in the remains of his skull (gross to think of). The crime was committed after dark, on May 6th the sun sets around 8:40, so they can drive to their destination with Tim slumped in his seat or MS holds him up.

The removal of the seats what seat front and back...I don't know. I am assuming all the seats as blood does splatter, can you drive a truck without a seat? It has to be driven or pushed into the trailer. I reason I am obsessing on this is that there are seats missing, that have to be disposed of and where or how are they disposed of and not found. The metal frame would remain even if burned.

The seats if not found on the Ayr farm are they trophy items in someones home? I am going off topic as we were looking at what truck pulled the trailer.

In my opinion the trailer and drive away truck where left at a pre-planned point that was assumed safe up till Wed May 8th. Again you need two drivers to move vehicles.

I think the Waterloo airport does have surveillance cameras pointed to the front entrance, crap, I was there six years ago for a job interview and could swear there were cameras on every roadway within the airport. I have to take a trip out there to see plus enjoy watching a few big birds take off come Tuesday.

I'm new here and have read most of the posts. IMO, the removal of the truck seats does not necessarily mean they were removed because of blood. When a person dies other bodily fluids can be (are) released so there could have been a mess other than blood that would have made it necessary for the killer(s) to get rid of that evidence something they likely didn't consider. Also, I think it is possible if MS was sitting in the back seat to strangle TB which would have left evidence of a struggle more so than a gun shot. Certain drugs make those under the influence stronger (?) for lack of a better word. There have been many reports of needing several police officers to take down one person strung out on drugs. So, if MS was high he might have got a choke hold on TB from the back seat that would leave signs of a struggle. Just another idea :twocents:

It was also pointed out in another thread that there are TWO trailers seized that look pretty much the same: one found in Kleinburg at DM's mothers contained Tim Bosma's truck. The second similar trailer was taken from the Waterloo Hangar by LE.

Here is a video link of LE pulling away with the 2nd enclosed trailer as well as a tandem trailer. This end enclosed trailer looks smaller compared to the one found in MB's driveway. JMO. Take a look at the 1:44 mark in the video, thoughts?

http://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/investi...s-in-connection-with-dellen-millard-1.1286519

Here is a video link of LE pulling away with the 2nd enclosed trailer as well as a tandem trailer. This end enclosed trailer looks smaller compared to the one found in MB's driveway. JMO. Take a look at the 1:44 mark in the video, thoughts?

http://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/investi...s-in-connection-with-dellen-millard-1.1286519

Thank you! I was looking for this footage yesterday but couldn't find it!

Here's the screenshot:

2utktas.jpg

For all the crap and criticism we the public often bestow on our police forces, and I'll admit I am always up for a donut joke, it must have been pretty darn hard on those guys when they opened up the trailer and found TB's truck. They are human too, and their hearts must have sunk when they found what they did. Bless them all for what they do. Especially working on this case. What must they be thinking when they come home for dinner with their wife and kids? How do you put this aside and give your family 100%?

Does anyone know why those blocks of wood are under the jacks/legs at the front of the trailer? Would setting that up be a one-person or two-person job?

With the wooden blocks, you don't have to turn the jack so much to get it to lift, especially if you're in a hurry. Setting the trailer on blocks keeps the legs from settling into/damaging the driveway. Maybe they were planning on unloading Tim's truck into his mother's garage, and they could do that without starting the truck if the trailer was sloped toward the garage. Just a thought. Not sure if you could open the garage door on the house and have room to open the trailer doors inside the opened garage doors. Possibly not.

Here's a look at a similar auto hauler trailer..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Pt4oYOXVN4"]36' ENCLOSED GOOSENECK TRAILER RACE CAR HAULER LOOK INSIDE! 7872 - YouTube[/ame]

One of the trucks would have some dirt from the farm, either Tim's, DM's red ram or the Yukon, which ever delivered Tim's body to the farm. I doubt anyone would drive a trailer like that across a corn field, especially loaded with a truck inside. Apt to get stuck. The second enclosed trailer that was taken from the airport isn't big enough to haul a truck... more of an equipment trailer or a motorcycle trailer.

It might be possible to drive a truck into the trailer and position the truck door so you can exit through the truck window via the trailer side door.

Not exactly the same thing, but this will give you an idea of how it could be done.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMWHYBi7kG8"]Tight Garage Parking - YouTube[/ame]

I think Tim's body was likely dropped off at the farm and then his truck was driven to the trailer, likely at the airport, but the seats were removed at the airport and disposed of elsewhere, maybe even in DM's yard.

Everyone is convinced you couldn't get out or the truck because the doors wouldn't open ... well the windows do ... it would be tight but manageable even if the truck was only inches from the side of the trailer. Here is a shot from the front of a Dodge Ram 3500, noticed how the cab rounds in. This isn't uncommon to have to do when loading in an enclosed trailer.

2007dodgeram3500megacab4x4picturefrontview.jpg

Additionally, my guess is the trailer (and DM's truck) were in the hangar. They either went to the farm first to deal with TB's body :( or to the hangar and transferred TB's body to another vechicle and went to the farm. MO, but I believe TB's truck was driven to the hangar and loaded there, this is where the seats would have been removed as it is where they worked on cars and where their tools were.

Remember, they assumed they got away with it, they assumed nothing would ever be linked to DM, they wouldn't be worried about video at an airport far away from TB's house, no one would have ever thought to look at the footage. This is, IMO, where video came from that confirmed it was DM's Yukon.

But whose to say the second trailer from the airport hanger belonged to DM and not LE it could have contained evidence such as the seats removed from the truck. That's where they could have disassembled everything and loaded the truck into the trailer.

Everyone is convinced you couldn't get out or the truck because the doors wouldn't open ... well the windows do ... it would be tight but manageable even if the truck was only inches from the side of the trailer. Here is a shot from the front of a Dodge Ram 3500, noticed how the cab rounds in. This isn't uncommon to have to do when loading in an enclosed trailer.

2007dodgeram3500megacab4x4picturefrontview.jpg

Furthermore - the RAM non-dually is about 6.7' at it's widest, the trailer used to transport TB's truck is 8.5' wide. I've opened my door and got out of my car with less than a foot of clearance, for sure.

But whose to say the second trailer from the airport hanger belonged to DM and not LE it could have contained evidence such as the seats removed from the truck. That's where they could have disassembled everything and loaded the truck into the trailer.

In the link they stated that LE removed an enclosed trailer as well as a tandem trailer from the hanger, as evidence.

Eldee my first husband was a homicide, arson, drug squad detective back in the day when we didn't have counselling etc support. It was hard hard hard. On him, on the marriage. Detectives, police officers are human beings like ourselves and even I as spouse could only imagine the suffering. My ex kept it all in. So... Bless the officers dealing with this!

Eldee my first husband was a homicide, arson, drug squad detective back in the day when we didn't have counselling etc support. It was hard hard hard. On him, on the marriage. Detectives, police officers are human beings like ourselves and even I as spouse could only imagine the suffering. My ex kept it all in. So... Bless the officers dealing with this!

Exactly. The macabre and ghastly memories of police work are somewhat like having a dangerously contagious disease. Why on earth would one willingly expose/share with another the horrors that one has had to deal with. Or in another way of looking at it, by spreading the horror to them.

I can't imagine what LE has to witness. While I understand the want to know the details I'm thankful that we don't always get the full story.

What made me say that was when I saw the picture from the neighbour when the police were unlocking the trailer to go in it. I kept thinking that they were probably so hoping it would be empty, and then when they found the truck, and saw the seats were gone, I think that is when they all realized the search for an alive TB was over. It was then that I realized how they must have felt. An overwhelming feeling of sorrow. I think that is how I am feeling, just an overwhelming feeling of sorrow.

I meant to write 'Maybe the first test drive didn't have the towing package (hitch) and TB's did?

Hey!

Ok Towing capacity of Yukon varies for certain year and Model

Here is a link http://auto.howstuffworks.com/auto-parts/towing/towing-capacity/vehicle/towing-capacity-chart10.htm

You can see the max capacity is near 7100 lbs

Some dodge rams specs http://www.dieselpowermag.com/features/dodge/0607dp_2007_dodge_ram_3500/viewall.html

Lets say the 2007 dodge ram non duelly weighs near 6000 lbs or more add the trailer guessing 2000 lbs or more and these are conservative numbers. You are 1000 lbs overweight with the wrong hitch configuration(Yukon).

Do we know what version of the Dodge ram 3500 was test driven the day before? If it was a Duelly it might not have fit into the trailer.

You also have to be a pretty decent experience driver to get that trailer at night into a driveway that close to the garage door or have a spotter IMO.

p.s. My SUV weighs 5400 lbs and can tow 7200 lbs with 2 inch receiver class 3 .

Napper505

Hey!

Ok Towing capacity of Yukon varies for certain year and Model

Here is a link http://auto.howstuffworks.com/auto-parts/towing/towing-capacity/vehicle/towing-capacity-chart10.htm

You can see the max capacity is near 7100 lbs

Some dodge rams specs http://www.dieselpowermag.com/features/dodge/0607dp_2007_dodge_ram_3500/viewall.html

Lets say the 2007 dodge ram non duelly weighs near 6000 lbs or more add the trailer guessing 2000 lbs or more and these are conservative numbers. You are 1000 lbs overweight with the wrong hitch configuration(Yukon).

Do we know what version of the Dodge ram 3500 was test driven the day before? If it was a Duelly it might not have fit into the trailer.

You also have to be a pretty decent experience driver to get that trailer at night into a driveway that close to the garage door or have a spotter IMO.

p.s. My SUV weighs 5400 lbs and can tow 7200 lbs with 2 inch receiver class 3 .

Napper505

The thing that gets me, is any and all details can be asked answered over the phone if DM or whomever, was looking for a particular option, detail, etc.

Why did they go "look" at one and turn it down? So was it something visual about the truck or the owner that said this is the one? When you think about that, if it was the truck, simply purchase and end of story.

If it was the owner what part would the truck play in finding the "targeted owner"? That makes one think a thrill kill or a kill to get a gang patch like HA, Banditos, etc. which doesn't seem to fit either DM or MS.

Sort of leads back to a "theft order" for a particular vehicle and a Grand Theft Auto gone bad.

ETA........I believe a dually would fit in the gooseneck but I could be incorrect on the measurements.(the first truck tested could have been a dually however the phone would have been a good way to eliminate it.

The most desirable way to load the truck into the trailer would be to drive it in. Car hauling trailers can be ordered with a winch, or an aftermarket one can be installed. but you still need someone to steer. When the truck being loaded hit the end of the ramp and the trailer floor, there is a gap. We can fit a piece of 2x4 in the gap on ours. This gap can cause the vehicle to veer left or right. TB's truck would need to be secured using the floor anchors and straps to the axels in a crisscross fashion to keep the vehicle from moving left or right, forward or back. We can drive our '06 quad cab Ram in it. Neither of us are as slim as the accused and have always managed to squeeze out. Worst case scenario is to go out a window. There is a step built in over the Tandom wheels that you can step on. DM's had it as well, I saw it in the pic of the trip to Baja when he failed to secure the jeep. He is fortunate that the jeep didn't go out the back door! DM's trailer has a pedestrian door which was placed in a location that would line up with the loaded vehicle's door, ( most vehicles ). You do not put the truck inside totally forward or totally at the back. You need to center the weight of the vehicle over the axels or in this case .... Tandom axels. The trailer can't be unloaded unless attached to a tow vehicle. If not attached, when the vehicle inside reaches the ramp, the front of the trailer will rise up in the air, and come crashing down destroying the towing tongue. We saw this once at a car show and the trailer frame was also bent to the point of total write off. As for the wood, I can put our 28 ft trailer on a piece of 4x4 unassisted by my husband. I can crank it up or down unassisted and I am a weakling. The purpose of the wood is to keep the trailer's weight from damaging the surface parked on, or sinking on softer earth. The wheels should be properly chocked to prevent it from rolling forward and off the wood. I couldn't back the trailer within inches of the garage, but since my hubby drove transport for a living, he can, but it is always faster with a spotter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme