The Verdict - Do you agree or disagree? #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Huge minority opinion here....but I blame HHJP for most of this travesty of justice. From his paranoid actions to avoid an overturn on appeal (ruining his perfect record) to his handpicked defense jury ("rehabilitating" non death qualified jurors.) Really, HHJP? Really? Allowing every possible leeway for the defense......grief expert?? Never met the defendant....allowed sex abuse in opening....NO evidence of sex abuse....allowed defendant to "communicate" with the jury throughout the trial. Most blatant bias by HHJP?? His utter and openly disgust of JA. And, his delight and amusement of JB and his good buddy, CM. The jury was eating out of HHJP's hand and I'm positive they did what they knew would please him. Watching him project displeasure at JA told them all they needed to know. JB cute and interesting....JA bad and boring and disliked by their hero. After all, he is the one who made it possible for them to be on this jury.....nice vacation and mega bucks to follow. Yes, I do blame HHJP 50% for this verdict.

The statistical majority of children who go missing or are murdered, if this board is representative of life, are missing or dead because of either their mother or father (figure).

It's part of the detective's toolbox to take into consideration that dead children are most likely dead because a parent killed them, not a stranger. A verdict cannot be given based on statistics, of course, but the common sense and reason that leads up to a verdict certainly should include this fact.

Caylee was never a missing or abducted person. Someone whom she trusted killed her or carelessly allowed her death.

Yep, me too :(

One thing to remember is that this forum also contains professionals in LE and hundreds of laypeople who, because of their interest in the subject, are as astute in their layperson perceptions as the professionals. There's no way to generalize folks here so narrowly :) , though concern and seeking justice for a tragic death/murder is definitely 100%.

In spite of this premise being disallowed by Judge Perry in the closing arguments as having a conspicuous lack of evidence, even circumstantial?

<modsnip>

<modsnip>

Caylee drowning the the pool and being dumped in a swamp by people who testified in agony to have loved and cherished her is a STORY, it is a wormie on the hook the defense through out to create reasonable doubt. Without actual evidence to back up this story, that's all it is, a story. And knowing the "tellers" of this story, it is fictional :innocent:

Folks who are not mentally ill with some psychotic illness (ruled out by six shrinks) tend to be behave in predictable ways. It is this fact that allows most crimes to be solved. We are predictable, and there are some behaviors and motivations we can dream up in fictional novels but IRL, they just don't happen.

IMO, the above is just another way of describing common sense. I can see plot like yours happening in a Jodi Picoult novel, but not in real life.

I completely agree that this is probably accurate as heck to describe the "snowball effect". Inserting George Anthony in the mix, though . . . why? Wouldn't the detectives have ascertained at least a HINT of this and followed through? I believe they followed through alright, and ruled George out, like, in August, maybe even July. That train left the station three years ago. The cops did their jobs, George wasn't a suspect, end of story.

<modsnip>, mine is based upon concrete evidence and fact (read: I sincerely believe, within reason, OSCO did a good enough job from the get go, so, my premise is based upon the evidence they gathered).

<modsnip>.

You do believe them, if you believe the unsubstantiated story presented by the defense team. Your premise is practically identical. Again, if you came up with this prior to the defense opening statement, I apologize. In the last three years of reading the document dumps (and remarkably not listening to talking heads), Caylee was kidnapped by a Zanny.

<modsnip>.

It doesn't. It can't. It is a story told by a very, erm, questionable story teller.

It's not in the same league as three years worth of discovery, and defending it as if it was can be respected as a personal opinion, but not much else.

My entire response to you is not so much my opinion, but an attempt to explain why "pro-verdict" posts appear to be in the minority. They don't hold water when the folks here put on their sleuther caps and test them against the evidence provided. I haven't read one that has, though I have adjusted my perspective as convincing stuff is presented :)

Very good post...as always, you can change the story many, many, many times over, but you can never change the facts.

Respectfully snipped..... Who says FCA didn't made chloroform and didn't get it another way ? She had ample time out of custody to dispose of it. Was LE able to check every Internet source of chloroform to see if FCA had purchased it ? And if she did make it and had to buy acetone, could LE have checked every Home Depot/Lowes/Sally Beauty Supply in a 100 mile radius of Orlando ? Maybe she paid cash, who knows ? IMO, FCA intended to kill Caylee ... hence, the chloroform. You, like a lot of people, have GA somehow involved in this conspiracy ... but where is the evidence that GA was complicit ? Where is GA's consciousness of guilt ? FCA did everything possible to display her consciousness of guilt, but that's not enough for some.

I just need to add to this as alot missed this in the trial.
It was a fact that chloroform was found in shockingly high amounts in FKC trunk.
Cindy admitted on the witness stand that she had acetone in the house & used it on Caylee to remove nail polish. The ingredients to make chloroform were right in the Anthony home.
I was confident the jury heard this & had an AHA moment as 2 of the jurors were nurses.
Sadly it seemed to go over their heads.

I believed that this jury failed. They failed to examine any of the evidence, and chose instead to believe the DT fantasy tales. They failed to use common sense and curiosity, and allowed themselves to be led down a hypothetical path of some explicit X-rated imaginary activity. The jury failed Caylee Marie, asked no questions pertaining to how she ended up in a swamp with that duct tape which originally had been on her nose and mouth. They failed to ask how a car could still reek two years after a garbage bag containing empty food wrappers that had no remnants of food large enough to draw a mouse or a cockroach. The jury failed to be impressed with the vast knowledge and dedication of the prosecution witnesses. They instead took the trip down the long, mind-bending road to la-la land. They almost ran along the fantasy trail - cause they had things to do and places to visit in their real lives.

IMHO

-------snipped-------

As for why KC sat in jail for 3 years because of an accident, well, I don't think she had much of a choice. I think they offered her a plea deal contingent upon her admitting to murdering her daughter, and she would not take the plea deal because she would not admit to something she did not do. After turning down the plea deal because they were offering murder, and she was saying it was an accident, she had no choice but to sit and wait for her trial.

As always, my entire post is my opinion only.

BBM

..if she was waiting for trial to tell the accident story....then why did her own defense team make her sit around and wait---and wait----and wait for that trial to happen?

..trial was set for january 5/2009, the defense waived her right to a speedy trial.

..it was then scheduled for february 5/2009----the defense asked for it to be rescheduled.

..new trial date-----october 12/2010-----the defense asked for it to be pushed back AGAIN, it was then "tentaively" scheduled for the summer/2011.

..finally! may 2011, kc was able to get the accident story (that she had "no choice but to sit and wait" and keep quiet about) out there.

..if all she was doing was waiting for trial to say what "really happened", wouldn't the DT get her TO trial A.S.A.P. instead of constantly putting it off?

IMO any theory is conjecture. No one KNOWS what happened, what didn't happen. Just because there's "no proof" that she was molested, there is "no proof" she wasn't.

BBM

That is just not true. That is overly relative to the point of ignoring that there was considerable evidence to support some kind of homicide, but no substantial evidence to point toward a drowning.

As far as the molestation, I agree, no one of us knows exactly whether it happened or not.

Any theory is NOT conjecture in the presence of evidence, especially evidence that survived for the three year trial preparation.

I too would not let them be around my just 4 and 5 year old boys. I sometimes feel I need additional eyes in the back AND sides of my head, Roadrunner legs and 12 arms.
I need a needle sharp brain and constant alertness, and MOST of all, dead truthfulness and genuineness at all times. A fraud is pegged right away by a kid and loses all respect.

In addition I constantly need to present a good example about the littlest things, because they act as I DO, not as I say. Any slight slip up on my side can take two weeks of hard labor to undo :p No wonder parenting is so tiring :great:

ANY way. I say this to illustrate that to me this jury was lax, did not have the sense to recognize its limitations nor the courage to own up to them, put their own needs first, were not prepared to take on and not committed to their responsibility.
20 seconds of letting up with two pre k ers can lead to a death, a loss, a dismemberment, a guilt which I could not carry through life.
In my opinion only of course, these people don't have the dedication it would take to guard like hawks and set good examples.

Sorry for the verbosity. Only possible because they are sitting right behind me with their breakfast, within arm's reach, with their daddy :p
:tyou: Singin the truth Kay. :seeya:

The statistical majority of children who go missing or are murdered, if this board is representative of life, are missing or dead because of either their mother or father (figure).

It's part of the detective's toolbox to take into consideration that dead children are most likely dead because a parent killed them, not a stranger. A verdict cannot be given based on statistics, of course, but the common sense and reason that leads up to a verdict certainly should include this fact.

Caylee was never a missing or abducted person. Someone whom she trusted killed her or carelessly allowed her death.

Yep, me too :(

One thing to remember is that this forum also contains professionals in LE and hundreds of laypeople who, because of their interest in the subject, are as astute in their layperson perceptions as the professionals. There's no way to generalize folks here so narrowly :) , though concern and seeking justice for a tragic death/murder is definitely 100%.

In spite of this premise being disallowed by Judge Perry in the closing arguments as having a conspicuous lack of evidence, even circumstantial?

<modsnip>

<modsnip>

Caylee drowning the the pool and being dumped in a swamp by people who testified in agony to have loved and cherished her is a STORY, it is a wormie on the hook the defense through out to create reasonable doubt. Without actual evidence to back up this story, that's all it is, a story. And knowing the "tellers" of this story, it is fictional :innocent:

Folks who are not mentally ill with some psychotic illness (ruled out by six shrinks) tend to be behave in predictable ways. It is this fact that allows most crimes to be solved. We are predictable, and there are some behaviors and motivations we can dream up in fictional novels but IRL, they just don't happen.

IMO, the above is just another way of describing common sense. I can see plot like yours happening in a Jodi Picoult novel, but not in real life.

I completely agree that this is probably accurate as heck to describe the "snowball effect". Inserting George Anthony in the mix, though . . . why? Wouldn't the detectives have ascertained at least a HINT of this and followed through? I believe they followed through alright, and ruled George out, like, in August, maybe even July. That train left the station three years ago. The cops did their jobs, George wasn't a suspect, end of story.

<modsnip>, mine is based upon concrete evidence and fact (read: I sincerely believe, within reason, OSCO did a good enough job from the get go, so, my premise is based upon the evidence they gathered).

<modsnip>.

You do believe them, if you believe the unsubstantiated story presented by the defense team. Your premise is practically identical. Again, if you came up with this prior to the defense opening statement, I apologize. In the last three years of reading the document dumps (and remarkably not listening to talking heads), Caylee was kidnapped by a Zanny.

<modsnip>.

It doesn't. It can't. It is a story told by a very, erm, questionable story teller.

It's not in the same league as three years worth of discovery, and defending it as if it was can be respected as a personal opinion, but not much else.

My entire response to you is not so much my opinion, but an attempt to explain why "pro-verdict" posts appear to be in the minority. They don't hold water when the folks here put on their sleuther caps and test them against the evidence provided. I haven't read one that has, though I have adjusted my perspective as convincing stuff is presented :)

Prior to opening statements, after reading as many documents, interviews, depositions, and looking at whatever photos available, all via the Sunshine Law, that I could find, I was leaning very strongly towards this whole case being the product of a tragic accident.

Fairly early on, the SA offered KC a plea deal. She refused the deal because she would not admit to something she did not do. I believe at that time, she told the SA that Caylee had drowned (speculation on my part). Not long after KC refused the plea deal, LL was up for re-election, and for the first time in 20 years, he had an opponent. A few weeks before the election, the SA reattached the DP to this case. Was the DP a political move? I don't know. When Caylee was found in area A, the ME's office sent capable people out to deal with the situation. Dr. G was called in to take over the examination. Was this a political move? I don't know. I do know that KC is probably the most hated woman in Florida, and reinstating the DP did not hurt LL's popularity in the least.

In August of 2008, we had the RK sightings, and the deputy RC dereliction of duty. RK changed his story every time he was interviewed or gave a deposition. Deputy RC was released for dereliction of duty. In addition, RK was looked into by the defense, and they found he was not a boy scout. The judge however ruled, that RK could not be used as a SODDI. There remain many more questions than answers surrounding the whole RK situation.

We also have the bad check situation, and the judge allowed this to be dealt with prior to the murder trial. Some say this was to give the SA more ammunition to impeach KC should she decide to testify at her murder trial. Add to that, the initial proceedings of the civil suit brought forth by M&M for Zenaida Gonzales. M&M wanted to depose KC and ask her questions that the state could use against her in the murder trial. KC did say that this was not THE ZFG. Eventually, the civil suit was pushed past the murder trial. This case is filled with oddities and firsts.

We had too, the JJ tape, that LDB had sealed. Very interesting stuff going on in this trial. Yes, the SA was not doing anything illegal, but what they were doing was obviously trying to gain every advantage they could to win the case, which is fine, but when the lawyer games begin, and both sides are playing for the win, neither side should be criticized for doing everything they can legally do to win.

The situation with TES, and what happened at the lawyers office with the TES records. Again, nothing illegal, but taking every advantage to make things as difficult as possible for the DT. There was also the discovery disks the state provided to the defense that could not be read on a standard computer without the proper specialized software the state used. Not illegal, of course, but more gameplaying.

The media took this story from the get go, and morphed it into the trial of the century (so far). KC was made infamous by HLN and other media. Many have jumped on this golden ticket. The media fanned the flames for 3 years. The reporting was sometimes less than ethical, but this was forgiven because KC was hated. The syringe in the bottle loaded with chloroform was the all time low in reporting. The smoking gun had been found, and KC was toast. The retractions from various news outlets were few and far between once it was discovered that the chloroform this syringe was loaded with, had a lower level of chloroform than common tapwater. Everything the media reported came out slanted in favor of the state. Anything the slightest bit exculpatory was either ignored totally or downplayed as insignificant.

The doc releases. Interesting stuff via the Sunshine Law. This is where I became certain the SA did not have a solid case. Nearly every shred of evidence released was questionable. The chloroform search (win her over with chloroform), the cadaver dogs alerting in the A's backyard one day, next day no alert and no reasonable explanation as to why they did not alert second day, chloroform lvl in the trunk (qualative not quantitive), lack of fly casings in trunk, lack of decomp fluids in trunk, lack of DNA in the trunk, white trash bag sitting in a dumpster for 18 hours plus contaminated the evidence in the white trash bag, the single hair with apparent decomp (research showed that generally speaking the apparent decomp does not appear for upward of 90 days after death), butyric acid found in multiple food products as well as vomit, the fantasy stain in the trunk that I cannot see (yes, I have seen the stain photo from the thread on this site), the single fly leg that was used by Dr. Haskell to build his theory that was also found in the contaminated white trash bag. The smell of death, some smelled it some didn't, and the maggots found in the contaminated white trash bag were eating something that maggots considered food. The disappearing heart shaped sticker residue. Area A, RK's testimony of manipulating the skull, combined with Tropical storm Faye, makes ALL evidence found in area A speculation, what scientist can possibly figure out what was moved by animals, RK or a tropical storm, yes, they can make educated guesses, but an educated guess is still a guess and this is speculation. The mandible found under the skull in an anatomically correct position, first time ME had seen the madible still in place, ever(another first), even after RK's manipulation and Faye's potential manipulation. The smell of death allegedly escaped from the trunk and entered the seating area in the car, yet, the chloroform did not follow the same escape route used by the odor of death to find its way into the seating area of the car. The flies in the dt witnesses experiment found their way into the seating area of the car, and one would think that scientifically if a fly can find its way into the seating area, that something like chloroform would have no trouble finding its way in. The substance like adipocere (adipocere normally takes weeks to form), was found on paper towells in the contaminated white trash bag, yet was never tested further to prove that the substance was adipocere. Dr. Haskell and Dr. Vass said the decompositional event that occured in the trunk could have originated from a decompositional event not human origin. The Frye hearings, and the air sample allowed in, another first. The hair with apparent decomp allowed in, yet another first. I had questions about everything in this paragraph, and I hoped that at trial, the SA could and would answer all my questions.

At trial, my hopes that the SA would answer my questions were shattered when the states forensic witnesses were cross examined by the DT. Instead of solidifying the 3 years of evidence we had seen, the DT methodically poked holes in nearly every piece of evidence. The SA did not introduce anything new that we hadn't seen before except, the awful photoshop simulation, and the erronous cacheback report of 84 times. The trial did not change my previous opinion that this whole situation was a tragic accident, the trial solidified my opinion. The states circumstantial case was weak at best. When one uses potentially contaminated evidence that was found in the white trash bag, and one bolsters that evidence with a scientist that says there was an adipocere like substance in the bag, and bolsters it more, by having CA claim it smelled like there was a dead body in the trunk of the car, only to impeach her testimony in rebuttal about the chloroform searches. One bolsters it even more by having another scientist base his reports on a single fly leg found in that same potentially contaminated white trash bag. When one omits providing information to the jurors like the lack of fly casings in the trunk, not further testing the substance like adipocere to confirm it was adipocere, not finding any DNA in the trunk stain, not finding any decompositional fluids in the trunk stain, one's case becomes weakened. When the strength of one's case is inappropriate behavior of the mother, and the mother's lies to police, all occurring after the fact, one's case is weak. When one places the mother in handcuffs and puts her in the cage, only to be released minutes later because LE wasn't concerned about the illegal credit card purchases at that time, instead of mirandizing KC at the time of placing her in cuffs, one is not strenthening one's case. When the states witnesses speculated where the duct tape placement was, if Caylee had been in the bags, what the bone dispersement meant, what the chloroform levels in the trunk meant (without ever finding anything that confirmed the use of chloroform), one's case has holes in it. One can not use the chloroform level in the trunk to bolster the evidence that there was a dead body in the trunk, when the chloroform level found was qualative not quantative. In other words, if one is building a foundation of bricks, and the chloroform brick has a hole in it, you can not use that as a foundation that the chloroform search was made as part of a premeditated murder. One can't speculate that the duct tape was wrapped around the skull and use that as a foundation to make a photo shop simulation to convince a jury that the tape was wrapped around the skull. (well, actually they can and did, but neither the jurors nor myself bought into that piece of evidence). At the end of the prosecutions CIC, I believed that the defense did not need to put on a defense because at that point I felt the state had failed to prove anything BARD except the lying to police. I did hope that the state would solidify their CIC during the rebuttal stage. The only thing they accomplished in the rebuttal stage, was impeaching CA, which almost seemed counterproductive to their CIC.

So, in a nutshell, my opinion is that the verdict arrived at by the jurors is correct. If one disagrees with my opinion that is just fine. I am not trying to convince anyone to change their opinion. What am I doing in the spirit of debate over whether the verdict was right or wrong, is show an alternative but equally plausible explanation to as much of the evidence as possible.

If one thinks BARD that the duct tape was wrapped around Caylee's skull holding the mandible in place, I can understand why one would think that way, I would simply disagree with it based on the evidence presented. Why, because the evidence presented was that animals, RK, and Faye manipulated the remains found in area A, and ALL statements made by the ME's were speculative (again educated guesses but guesses nonetheless). Since I do not believe the duct tape was wrapped around Caylee's skull holding the mandible in place, because to me it defies logic that duct tape would hold the mandible in place after decomposition, animal activity, RK activity, and a tropical storm, am I automatically wrong because I disagree with the majority? My opinions are based entirely on how I interpreted the evidence presented.

Honestly, after 2 and 1/2 years of debating on this site, I was, much like CM, surprised that the jury found her not guilty on the first 3 counts. I think the verdict was correct, but after 3 years of the media telling how open and shut this case was, it surprised me nonetheless. It was surprising because 12 random people basically reached similar conclusions to what I had prior to the start of the trial, based on the evidence shown via the Sunshine Law. They reached the verdict in a different way than I did, because they did not have all the information I had. I did have all the information they had, and using only the information they had, I would have come to the same conclusion they did, the same way they did. It is pretty amazing to me, that 12 random people on a jury, unanimously agree with a few of the pro verdict posters on this site. As HHSS would say the irony is rich, that out of hundreds of potential jurors, the 12 picked to serve on the jury unanimously reached a verdict of not guilty on the first 3 counts. What are the odds of that happening, unless, the state simply did not prove the first 3 counts BARD?

Let's be clear here ... what HHJP allowed was pictures of Caylee on the pool ladder and swimming in the pool ... there was zero evidence of an actual drowning. If I were to submit a picture of Caylee riding her tricycle in front of the A's house on Hopespring Drive, is that evidence that she was hit by a car while riding that bike ?

Let's do be clear:

In discussing the topics which may or may not be discussed, Judge Perry indicated that the pool pictures would allow the theory of a drowning death. http://sprocket-trials.blogspot.com/2011/07/casey-anthony-murder-trial-day-34.html

Actually, yes, it does make me proud. It makes me proud that 12 human beings obeyed the law and rendered a verdict they, AND I, believe was "just" despite what many others may feel.

I'm very proud that 12 others saw GA as a bit "untruthful", possibly. I certainly saw him that way all the way through this trial and before that I saw him on live TV as a man seemingly prone to violence and threatening - reporters, protesters, anyone who asked a question he didn't like. My OPINION, of course.

I think the jurors did a fine job, a proper and true job, with what they had to work with. Had I been on that jury, rest assured there NEVER would have been a guilty verdict with what "evidence" the State presented - it just was NOT there.

Totally Agree Trident~!

Which is why I said that the molestation-led-to-drowning scenario was "far beyond conjecture," "fantastical," and "pure fiction."

I don't think the DT nor I have ever stated that the molestation lead to a drowning. As to your far beyond conjecture, etc., I disagree. IMO the state was really stretching it as to their theory.

Evidence was presented at trial that GA saw KC and Caylee leave that day.

The only evidence of this was from GA. Period. And matter of fact if you go back to GA deposition, you will find that he stated that when he came home from work on the night of the 15th that he didn't even recall that Casey was at home. He checked on Caylee but didn't remember seeing Casey. He didn't remember hearing Casey come home that night or the next morning. And, he stayed up for a while after work to unwind.

Evidence was also presented at trial that KC admitted to being the last person with Caylee (as the nanny KC claimed to drop Caylee off at did not exist). An imaginary person can not be the last adult seen with Caylee, hence it is the real live person (KC) who claims to have dropped the child off at the imaginary nanny. This is rock solid circumstantial evidence.

If Casey and GA have conspired to cover the drowning up due to some unmentionable of this thread reason, it doesn't matter what she said or did while covering up. She admitted to the cover up and that GA was there when the child drowned and that there was no nanny.

GA was not on trial for molestation. If he had been KC would have had to take the stand. And, only then, would we be able to decide who is telling the truth. But I seriously doubt that KC will ever press charges against the man her lawyer claims has molested her since she was a young child. And the reason KC will not press charges is because the molestation is a fabrication and that particular lie has already served its purpose. We'll only hear about it again if/when it's trotted out at her next murder trial.

No doubt GA will not be charged. All evidence is gone as with most molestation cases. It is usually he said she said. Sad but true.

I seriously doubt there will be a "next" murder considering IMO there wasn't a "First"

All MOO

First off, I didn't see any GREAT circumstancial evidence. I saw some circumstantial evidence that the DT poked holes right through. So much for that.

Secondly, is there a law, other than what "we" may want that says the jurors have to stick around and answer anyone's questions? Why should they? What I did see was a lot of threats, and that makes me sick to my stomach.

To me, the jury did their job, and BRAVO to them.

have to disagree,,,, the jury, imo, did not do a great job. i dont believe they did a "job" at all if you want to know the truth. Where were their notes? Where were the deliberations? Ten hours - Caylee deserved more than that! The same for/against arguments keeps coming up here and nobody is changing their mind yet 12 people who originally vote 10/2 then 6/6 come to a decision of not guilty within hours? No way, I am convinced something fishy went on! SHAMEFULL!

Prior to opening statements, after reading as many documents, interviews, depositions, and looking at whatever photos available, all via the Sunshine Law, that I could find, I was leaning very strongly towards this whole case being the product of a tragic accident.

Fairly early on, the SA offered KC a plea deal. She refused the deal because she would not admit to something she did not do. I believe at that time, she told the SA that Caylee had drowned (speculation on my part). Not long after KC refused the plea deal, LL was up for re-election, and for the first time in 20 years, he had an opponent. A few weeks before the election, the SA reattached the DP to this case. Was the DP a political move? I don't know. When Caylee was found in area A, the ME's office sent capable people out to deal with the situation. Dr. G was called in to take over the examination. Was this a political move? I don't know. I do know that KC is probably the most hated woman in Florida, and reinstating the DP did not hurt LL's popularity in the least.

In August of 2008, we had the RK sightings, and the deputy RC dereliction of duty. RK changed his story every time he was interviewed or gave a deposition. Deputy RC was released for dereliction of duty. In addition, RK was looked into by the defense, and they found he was not a boy scout. The judge however ruled, that RK could not be used as a SODDI. There remain many more questions than answers surrounding the whole RK situation.

We also have the bad check situation, and the judge allowed this to be dealt with prior to the murder trial. Some say this was to give the SA more ammunition to impeach KC should she decide to testify at her murder trial. Add to that, the initial proceedings of the civil suit brought forth by M&M for Zenaida Gonzales. M&M wanted to depose KC and ask her questions that the state could use against her in the murder trial. KC did say that this was not THE ZFG. Eventually, the civil suit was pushed past the murder trial. This case is filled with oddities and firsts.

We had too, the JJ tape, that LDB had sealed. Very interesting stuff going on in this trial. Yes, the SA was not doing anything illegal, but what they were doing was obviously trying to gain every advantage they could to win the case, which is fine, but when the lawyer games begin, and both sides are playing for the win, neither side should be criticized for doing everything they can legally do to win.

The situation with TES, and what happened at the lawyers office with the TES records. Again, nothing illegal, but taking every advantage to make things as difficult as possible for the DT. There was also the discovery disks the state provided to the defense that could not be read on a standard computer without the proper specialized software the state used. Not illegal, of course, but more gameplaying.

The media took this story from the get go, and morphed it into the trial of the century (so far). KC was made infamous by HLN and other media. Many have jumped on this golden ticket. The media fanned the flames for 3 years. The reporting was sometimes less than ethical, but this was forgiven because KC was hated. The syringe in the bottle loaded with chloroform was the all time low in reporting. The smoking gun had been found, and KC was toast. The retractions from various news outlets were few and far between once it was discovered that the chloroform this syringe was loaded with, had a lower level of chloroform than common tapwater. Everything the media reported came out slanted in favor of the state. Anything the slightest bit exculpatory was either ignored totally or downplayed as insignificant.

The doc releases. Interesting stuff via the Sunshine Law. This is where I became certain the SA did not have a solid case. Nearly every shred of evidence released was questionable. The chloroform search (win her over with chloroform), the cadaver dogs alerting in the A's backyard one day, next day no alert and no reasonable explanation as to why they did not alert second day, chloroform lvl in the trunk (qualative not quantitive), lack of fly casings in trunk, lack of decomp fluids in trunk, lack of DNA in the trunk, white trash bag sitting in a dumpster for 18 hours plus contaminated the evidence in the white trash bag, the single hair with apparent decomp (research showed that generally speaking the apparent decomp does not appear for upward of 90 days after death), butyric acid found in multiple food products as well as vomit, the fantasy stain in the trunk that I cannot see (yes, I have seen the stain photo from the thread on this site), the single fly leg that was used by Dr. Haskell to build his theory that was also found in the contaminated white trash bag. The smell of death, some smelled it some didn't, and the maggots found in the contaminated white trash bag were eating something that maggots considered food. The disappearing heart shaped sticker residue. Area A, RK's testimony of manipulating the skull, combined with Tropical storm Faye, makes ALL evidence found in area A speculation, what scientist can possibly figure out what was moved by animals, RK or a tropical storm, yes, they can make educated guesses, but an educated guess is still a guess and this is speculation. The mandible found under the skull in an anatomically correct position, first time ME had seen the madible still in place, ever(another first), even after RK's manipulation and Faye's potential manipulation. The smell of death allegedly escaped from the trunk and entered the seating area in the car, yet, the chloroform did not follow the same escape route used by the odor of death to find its way into the seating area of the car. The flies in the dt witnesses experiment found their way into the seating area of the car, and one would think that scientifically if a fly can find its way into the seating area, that something like chloroform would have no trouble finding its way in. The substance like adipocere (adipocere normally takes weeks to form), was found on paper towells in the contaminated white trash bag, yet was never tested further to prove that the substance was adipocere. Dr. Haskell and Dr. Vass said the decompositional event that occured in the trunk could have originated from a decompositional event not human origin. The Frye hearings, and the air sample allowed in, another first. The hair with apparent decomp allowed in, yet another first. I had questions about everything in this paragraph, and I hoped that at trial, the SA could and would answer all my questions.

At trial, my hopes that the SA would answer my questions were shattered when the states forensic witnesses were cross examined by the DT. Instead of solidifying the 3 years of evidence we had seen, the DT methodically poked holes in nearly every piece of evidence. The SA did not introduce anything new that we hadn't seen before except, the awful photoshop simulation, and the erronous cacheback report of 84 times. The trial did not change my previous opinion that this whole situation was a tragic accident, the trial solidified my opinion. The states circumstantial case was weak at best. When one uses potentially contaminated evidence that was found in the white trash bag, and one bolsters that evidence with a scientist that says there was an adipocere like substance in the bag, and bolsters it more, by having CA claim it smelled like there was a dead body in the trunk of the car, only to impeach her testimony in rebuttal about the chloroform searches. One bolsters it even more by having another scientist base his reports on a single fly leg found in that same potentially contaminated white trash bag. When one omits providing information to the jurors like the lack of fly casings in the trunk, not further testing the substance like adipocere to confirm it was adipocere, not finding any DNA in the trunk stain, not finding any decompositional fluids in the trunk stain, one's case becomes weakened. When the strength of one's case is inappropriate behavior of the mother, and the mother's lies to police, all occurring after the fact, one's case is weak. When one places the mother in handcuffs and puts her in the cage, only to be released minutes later because LE wasn't concerned about the illegal credit card purchases at that time, instead of mirandizing KC at the time of placing her in cuffs, one is not strenthening one's case. When the states witnesses speculated where the duct tape placement was, if Caylee had been in the bags, what the bone dispersement meant, what the chloroform levels in the trunk meant (without ever finding anything that confirmed the use of chloroform), one's case has holes in it. One can not use the chloroform level in the trunk to bolster the evidence that there was a dead body in the trunk, when the chloroform level found was qualative not quantative. In other words, if one is building a foundation of bricks, and the chloroform brick has a hole in it, you can not use that as a foundation that the chloroform search was made as part of a premeditated murder. One can't speculate that the duct tape was wrapped around the skull and use that as a foundation to make a photo shop simulation to convince a jury that the tape was wrapped around the skull. (well, actually they can and did, but neither the jurors nor myself bought into that piece of evidence). At the end of the prosecutions CIC, I believed that the defense did not need to put on a defense because at that point I felt the state had failed to prove anything BARD except the lying to police. I did hope that the state would solidify their CIC during the rebuttal stage. The only thing they accomplished in the rebuttal stage, was impeaching CA, which almost seemed counterproductive to their CIC.

So, in a nutshell, my opinion is that the verdict arrived at by the jurors is correct. If one disagrees with my opinion that is just fine. I am not trying to convince anyone to change their opinion. What am I doing in the spirit of debate over whether the verdict was right or wrong, is show an alternative but equally plausible explanation to as much of the evidence as possible.

If one thinks BARD that the duct tape was wrapped around Caylee's skull holding the mandible in place, I can understand why one would think that way, I would simply disagree with it based on the evidence presented. Why, because the evidence presented was that animals, RK, and Faye manipulated the remains found in area A, and ALL statements made by the ME's were speculative (again educated guesses but guesses nonetheless). Since I do not believe the duct tape was wrapped around Caylee's skull holding the mandible in place, because to me it defies logic that duct tape would hold the mandible in place after decomposition, animal activity, RK activity, and a tropical storm, am I automatically wrong because I disagree with the majority? My opinions are based entirely on how I interpreted the evidence presented.

Honestly, after 2 and 1/2 years of debating on this site, I was, much like CM, surprised that the jury found her not guilty on the first 3 counts. I think the verdict was correct, but after 3 years of the media telling how open and shut this case was, it surprised me nonetheless. It was surprising because 12 random people basically reached similar conclusions to what I had prior to the start of the trial, based on the evidence shown via the Sunshine Law. They reached the verdict in a different way than I did, because they did not have all the information I had. I did have all the information they had, and using only the information they had, I would have come to the same conclusion they did, the same way they did. It is pretty amazing to me, that 12 random people on a jury, unanimously agree with a few of the pro verdict posters on this site. As HHSS would say the irony is rich, that out of hundreds of potential jurors, the 12 picked to serve on the jury unanimously reached a verdict of not guilty on the first 3 counts. What are the odds of that happening, unless, the state simply did not prove the first 3 counts BARD?

I do believe you have the TWO best post of the Day! I agree with everything you said. :rocker:

Let's do be clear:

In discussing the topics which may or may not be discussed, Judge Perry indicated that the pool pictures would allow the theory of a drowning death. http://sprocket-trials.blogspot.com/2011/07/casey-anthony-murder-trial-day-34.html

Ah, the key word ... theory. Theories go hand and hand with speculation as that is all theories are.

Here's another theory for ya ... maybe one of the LE cadaver dogs dragged Caylee's body over to Suburban Drive ?

And another ... because we had a picture of Caylee opening the sliding glass door ... maybe she ran so hard into to the door that she shattered the glass and was cut to death ?

All I need is the consciousness of guilt evidence. See one of my previous posts and please tell me if you believe that FCA displayed any consciousness of guilt in the 31 days following Caylee's murder. Then tell me if GA displayed any consciousness of guilt.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6984729&postcount=40"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - The Verdict - Do you agree or disagree? #3[/ame]

And here's a song for your theorists and conspiracists ...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6yC7b0VOzY"]&#x202a;Kenny Nolan I Like Dreamin'&#x202c;&rlm; - YouTube[/ame]

snipped for space, but i gotta say: :heartluv: lol.

Ah, the key word ... theory. Theories go hand and hand with speculation as that is all theories are.

Here's another theory for ya ... maybe one of the LE cadaver dogs dragged Caylee's body over to Suburban Drive ?

And another ... because we had a picture of Caylee opening the sliding glass door ... maybe she ran so hard into to the door that she shattered the glass and was cut to death ?

All I need is the consciousness of guilt evidence. See one of my previous posts and please tell me if you believe that FCA displayed any consciousness of guilt in the 31 days following Caylee's murder. Then tell me if GA displayed any consciousness of guilt.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - The Verdict - Do you agree or disagree? #3

And here's a song for your theorists and conspiracists ...

&#x202a;Kenny Nolan I Like Dreamin'&#x202c;&rlm; - YouTube

IMO it is all theory and speculation regardless of which side - PT or DT. That is my whole point. All JMO like yours

No doubt GA will not be charged. All evidence is gone as with most molestation cases. It is usually he said she said. Sad but true.

I seriously doubt there will be a "next" murder considering IMO there wasn't a "First"

All MOO

Well, actually, there was a first murder trial which would make any subsequent murder trial the next one. (Really, to misrepresent my comment is an attempt at misinformation and it is not appreciated.) KC may have fooled one jury but it remains to be seen if she can fool another with the same unsubstantiated abuse claim.

And FWIW, I find it most revealing for a pro-verdict supporter to admit that there is no evidence for the molestation story, especially considering how central it appears to be in the pro-verdict dogma.

Huge minority opinion here....but I blame HHJP for most of this travesty of justice. From his paranoid actions to avoid an overturn on appeal (ruining his perfect record) to his handpicked defense jury ("rehabilitating" non death qualified jurors.) Really, HHJP? Really? Allowing every possible leeway for the defense......grief expert?? Never met the defendant....allowed sex abuse in opening....NO evidence of sex abuse....allowed defendant to "communicate" with the jury throughout the trial. Most blatant bias by HHJP?? His utter and openly disgust of JA. And, his delight and amusement of JB and his good buddy, CM. The jury was eating out of HHJP's hand and I'm positive they did what they knew would please him. Watching him project displeasure at JA told them all they needed to know. JB cute and interesting....JA bad and boring and disliked by their hero. After all, he is the one who made it possible for them to be on this jury.....nice vacation and mega bucks to follow. Yes, I do blame HHJP 50% for this verdict.

Amster, I'm a huge HHJP fan and I hate to admit it but I think your viewpoint holds water. I'm not convinced he was/is a JB fan, but he certainly gave the DT enough leeway to drive that proverbial Mack truck through. And justice done got run over. Big time.

pcrum12 said: I don't think the DT nor I have ever stated that the molestation lead to a drowning. As to your far beyond conjecture, etc., I disagree. IMO the state was really stretching it as to their theory.

(apologies for the edit, but I had to extract your comment manually as your quote within a quote wouldn't quote for me.)

Yeah. That would be your "best posts of the day" poster thedeviledadvocate who tried floating the rape-led-to-drowning scenario. Perhaps you should pay closer attention to her/his posts (I specifically bolded the part of her/his comment that I was responding to so it should have been clear.)

IMO it is all theory and speculation regardless of which side - PT or DT. That is my whole point. All JMO like yours

Not really ... the State offered plenty of circumstantial evidence about their "theory" ... what the DT offered as support of their initial theory was a shot in the dark. Let's take it in two pieces ....

Molestation huh ? If you know you have no proof, why would you talk about it in your opening statement ? Obviously, because you're an inexperienced defense attorney looking to make a big name.

Drowning huh ? The State didn't have a picture of a trash bag on Suburban Drive and say "she might have been killed in a trash bag". They presented actual crime scene photos. Where was the defense evidence of a drowning ? A picture of Caylee on a pool ladder ? Does that support a drowning ? Nope ... it supports the theory that Caylee could stand on the pool ladder.

None of the pro-verdict supporters can ever explain why 911 was not called in the case of a supposed accident.
None of the pro-verdict supporters can explain away all of the "consciousness of guilt" evidence against FCA and only FCA.
Most of the pro-verdict supporters claim there was no body in Sunfire, despite the claims of many who smelled decomp, forensic evidence, and cadaver dogs who hit on the car while it was at CSI.

As far as this negligent jury goes, why has this jury NOT come forward as a team and explained their decision to clear their names ? Certainly, it could be done in private as was the foreman's interview. Why have they not come forward and fielded intelligent probing questions ? Do they need this much time to get together and get their story straight ?

My bet is they are ashamed .... ashamed of acquitting someone who the evidence pointed to so heavily. And I really think they just wanted to go home instead of doing what they should have been ... microscopically reviewing all evidence and exhibits and discarding all emotional feelings regarding those not on trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abberline vs Edmund Reid