The VERDICT! He's....GUILTY!!!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
a man who identified himself as a hold-out. He said that when they took their first vote it was 6 or 7 Guilty and 4 Not Guilty. By the afternoon, they were at about 8 Guilty. He said that he couldn't come up with anything in his mind that was beyond a reasonable doubt that Drew was there and committed that crime.

An alternate juror also spoke and said that it was a tough call because you are possibly putting a person away for the rest of their life. She would have voted Guilty and thus, agreed with the verdict.

I also liked reading about Rev. Schori being so pleased with the verdict. He said that he wished that they (the jury) had been able to hear ALL that Stacy said.

I am looking forward to hearing from the rest of the jurors.
The Drew Peterson case is going to be featured this evening on Dateline NBC.

My fellow Websleuths.....this has been an intense experience. I am grateful for all of you!

Thanks, Chi-town Girl for the info!

I hope Schori has a chance to get back on a witness stand and tell all of it one day soon...

Thanks for the TV reminder -- I can't wait to see that!!

It is a good day today, isn't it, Sleuthers?! Did y'all find yourselves just smiling last night when you thought of the Verdict?? I smiled a lot. Still am -- right now!
icon10.gif
icon6.gif
icon7.gif
icon12.gif

Maybe the more reputable defense attorneys don't take cases like this. Seems this defense team was in it for the notoriety - didn't they say at one point they did the work pro bono?

bbm - More like pro goono, IYAM.
icon10.gif

(IIRC that is what they said, CodeSiren.)

I also think that a jury has to wonder what is being kept out when DT is constantly objecting and they are sent back to the jury room. That would have me wondering even if the State only had a little that they could present. The crime scene was never properly handed because of who DP was. He did a good job of covering his tracks. Had Stacy not disappeared he would not be where he is today because she would have never been able to testify against him. Essentially he got too greedy. jmo

From yesterday's Facebook posting of Drew's son Thomas:

"Now, I have a broken family without a salary, "

I think this phrase, written within hours of Drew Peterson's conviction, tells us a whole lot about what the relationship was between Drew and his son(s).

Drew was the keeper of the purse strings. And basically, between his manipulative and menacing-when-he-wanted-to-be personality, these young men were raised to think the way Drew wanted them to think.

I surely hope they immediately hire themselves a good estate-oriented attorney to find out where THEIR insurance proceeds are - if there is any left!
By the way, someone mentioned the IRS - life insurance proceeds is not taxable income for IRS purposes.

Thanks, Chi-town Girl for the info!

I hope Schori has a chance to get back on a witness stand and tell all of it one day soon...

Thanks for the TV reminder -- I can't wait to see that!!

It is a good day today, isn't it, Sleuthers?! Did y'all find yourselves just smiling last night when you thought of the Verdict?? I smiled a lot. Still am -- right now!
icon10.gif
icon6.gif
icon7.gif
icon12.gif

Or in a book.

Stacy St. Clair ‏@StacyStClair

#drewpeterson jurors will hold a press conference at 1 pm today in Joliet

Re: DP plane would have fit TWO people
or one live person and one precious dead body in a blue tub
jmo

BETH KARAS, LEGAL CORRESPONDENT, IN SESSION: He described a conversation with Stacy two months before Stacy went missing. She said she wanted to talk to him. Oh, I have stuff that hasn`t been reported either, at least at this trial, of that conversation. They were at a Starbucks, outdoors. He met outdoors with her. She was upset. He described how she pulled her knee up and was crying and told him what happened the night Savio died.

They went to bed together, she and Drew, she woke up in the middle of the night. He wasn`t there. She called him, she couldn`t find him. He comes home in the wee morning hours dressed in black, carrying a bag that had women`s clothes in it. He puts the clothes from that bag in the washing machine, takes his own clothes off, put them in the washing machine. She looked in the washer, there are women`s clothes not her own.

This is the night Savio died. She did not know at the time Kathleen Savio was dead. And Drew Peterson then told her that the police were going to want to talk to her and he coached her for hours and she admitted that she lied to the police about his whereabouts that night.

Here`s what the jury doesn`t know, but it came out at a hearing because I did confirm this with the prosecutors after. During that meeting at Starbucks, which was on August 31st, 2007, two months before she went missing, a Bowling Brook patrol car was circling Starbucks. That was on all likelihood Drew Peterson.

Drew Peterson knew Pastor Schori because they had gone to counseling with him in the past. Right after the meeting and after the patrol car circling Starbucks, Drew Peterson calls Schori and says, oh, I see. I know you`ve met my wife, or I see you`ve met my wife. He then invited Schori to take a ride with him in his light aircraft. He has a -- like a little airplane that wasn`t really a plane kind of like a glide or a light aircraft.

Pastor Schori respectfully declined.
And it only makes one wonder, I mean things are closing in on Drew Peterson. Stacy wants a divorce. She`s got the biggest hammer to hit him with, knowing what he did to Kathleen and the details. She`s now telling a pastor. We know she tells the divorce lawyer because two days before she disappears, he sees the meeting, he immediately invites Pastor Schori up in his airplane. What was he going to do? Unfasten him and drop him to the ground?

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1209/06/ng.01.html

From yesterday's Facebook posting of Drew's son Thomas:

"Now, I have a broken family without a salary, "

I think this phrase, written within hours of Drew Peterson's conviction, tells us a whole lot about what the relationship was between Drew and his son(s).

Drew was the keeper of the purse strings. And basically, between his manipulative and menacing-when-he-wanted-to-be personality, these young men were raised to think the way Drew wanted them to think.

I surely hope they immediately hire themselves a good estate-oriented attorney to find out where THEIR insurance proceeds are - if there is any left!
By the way, someone mentioned the IRS - life insurance proceeds is not taxable income for IRS purposes.

They have his assets which could be liquidated. They are in college and big boys now. They should be able to make their own incomes. This is what happens when a parent is too controlling in a family. None of them know what to do without their Dad. If their money is gone then they have some serious questions to ask of their father. jmo

I hope everyone is still as happy as I am today! Happy Friday!

**I remember way back there when it was determined Drew's 'plane' was that little tryke deal. Of course, all he had to do was use tie-downs and strap Stacy's body (or the cable tote he had) to the little seat deal behind him. It could be done, IMO. Then rig the tie-downs to where he could easily release them. But where? Only DP knows where Stacy wound up. She could have been cremated and scattered. We can guess until the cows come home, but we will never know for sure unless she is found. It's just me, but I'm afraid she will never be found.

MOO

Yes, LaLaw, today is One Fine Day! Oh, by the way, I have canceled our rooms at the Far Out Inn... pity, that

ITA, LaLaw/Roomie, that her body will never be found. I think the plane-dump would have been a great way to lose a body. Dump her over a big reservoir, over Lake Michigan, or put her in the car and dump her at some construction site or highway construction that's about to be paved, dump her in a well at some far away abandoned property, no end to places. He may have been a bit gun-shy of trying to make it another "home accident." The more you do, the more you learn & the better you get.

In his many days as a cop, he had to know a lot of places where he could stash a body. If he drove his police vehicle, he would have had no fear at being stopped for any violation on the road, or for parking at any spot he chose.
icon8.gif

I agree with the statements that SP'S body will never be found. It has been 5 years and by now, there is either nothing left of it or it is forever buried.

They are going to need to charge him without a body. They have plenty of evidence to convict him. I only wish the family could have the body for a proper burial.

Someday, hopefully with counseling, Tom Peterson will realize that his "father", an abuser and murderer, preyed on vulnerable women, who didn't have perfect families. This a what abusers do to isolate and control their victims. JMO

I don't know. I just have to wonder if something won't turn up and STacy will be found.

I was so glad to see the verdict. He is a despicable male.

I saw this morning the prosecutors are going to throw it all at him to get that 60 yrs.
The prior abuse and the fact that he was in uniform the night Savio was found. That it may mean no pension.

I don't how this man got away with this for so long. Arrogant, horrible monster.

I also think that a jury has to wonder what is being kept out when DT is constantly objecting and they are sent back to the jury room. That would have me wondering even if the State only had a little that they could present.

great point! I know jurors are supposed to disregard everything that is not officially admitted as evidence, but it seems like it would be human nature to wonder what they're trying to hide.

Anyone know where we can watch the Juror presser? Is that 1 p.m. Illinois time? Thanks

Someday, hopefully with counseling, Tom Peterson will realize that his "father", an abuser and murderer, preyed on vulnerable women, who didn't have perfect families. This a what abusers do to isolate and control their victims. JMO

I think all of these children should be allowed to view this as they wish whether anyone else agrees with it or not. There may come a time they will accept the verdict but that day may never come and if it doesnt ....it doesnt. That is totally up to each of them.

I doubt Tom will seek any type of counseling. He is very in charge of his life now and seems to be doing great. I think he will just go forward to the future like he has done for years now.

I do think he will keep in close contact with his father.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member