The VERDICT! He's....GUILTY!!!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this is a moot point, but how does a cop afford a plane? Esp with the ex-wives and child support. I grew up with a cop father, and trust me, it's a pretty meager lifestyle if you have kids to support.

.......he was a dirty cop?

I know this is a moot point, but how does a cop afford a plane? Esp with the ex-wives and child support. I grew up with a cop father, and trust me, it's a pretty meager lifestyle if you have kids to support.

Ask the drug dealers who were missing $35,000 dollars.

Not from the little "plane" he had. It was built from a kit, very small. Wish I had a picture.

abbie

DP aircraft I think was a 2 seat. I found this website and they even mention something about his aircraft

http://www.russellw.com/planes/cruisemaster/improvement_plan.htm

2nd picture...then you see pictures in the background then the top left.

Since that link mentioned that DP had a customized 230, then this is what a 230 cruismaster looks like:

2Bellancas2%20small.jpg
and it is a kit

It is stated in an article posted at SM from the Suburban Chicago News (link - http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/heraldnews/news/633440,4_1_JO03_MISSING_S1.article

but no longer working)...<Snip and BBM>

"State police also have turned an eye to a micro-light airplane owned by Drew Peterson. Investigators were at a hangar at Cushing Field in Newark, about 30 miles west of Joliet, for about an hour Friday morning, said Michael Hudetz, a flight instructor who also sells micro-lights.

Hudetz said he showed investigators Drew Peterson's two-seater Aquilla Trike and the hangar where Peterson keeps it.

"They asked a lot of questions," Hudetz said. "They seemed very interested in how it works. They wanted to know where the people sit, where they put their feet. They wanted to know how the (aircraft's) parachute works."

I've been trying to find a pic, but am not successful yet...

The plane discussion is because some think the DrewP got rid of Stacy's body using said "plane."

MOO

Hello all! Long time lurker here, but this trial has pushed me to finally join your group. Apologies in advance for the length of this post!

It really was reassuring to follow the deliberations here and know I was not alone in my emotional investment in the case. IMO, this jury got it right and I'm so grateful that they did!

I've seen a lot of discussion about the hearsay evidence, and I just wanted to add my two cents: as frustrating as it can be for us as victims&#8217; advocates, I do believe we have to protect the civil rights of defendants. However &#8211; I often feel that we take this to an unreasonable extreme and I certainly don't think that a murderer should benefit from killing those who could incriminate him! I&#8217;m glad they found the balance in this case and I hope it stands up on appeal.

I&#8217;ve been thinking about another issue and I&#8217;d be interested in your thoughts on it &#8211; the defense attorneys in these high profile cases almost always come across as real creeps. I know they&#8217;re bound to do everything in their power to ensure their clients receive a fair trial. But in cases where they know their client is guilty, are they really bound to use every dirty trick in the book to get an acquittal? I was totally disgusted that DP&#8217;s attorneys were allowed to cast aspersions on KS, denigrate her character, and dismantle her dignity - but any hint of something unflattering to DP was immediately quashed. Something is really wrong with this scenario, IMO.

Hello all! Long time lurker here, but this trial has pushed me to finally join your group. Apologies in advance for the length of this post!

It really was reassuring to follow the deliberations here and know I was not alone in my emotional investment in the case. IMO, this jury got it right and I'm so grateful that they did!

I've seen a lot of discussion about the hearsay evidence, and I just wanted to add my two cents: as frustrating as it can be for us as victims’ advocates, I do believe we have to protect the civil rights of defendants. However – I often feel that we take this to an unreasonable extreme and I certainly don't think that a murderer should benefit from killing those who could incriminate him! I’m glad they found the balance in this case and I hope it stands up on appeal.

I’ve been thinking about another issue and I’d be interested in your thoughts on it – the defense attorneys in these high profile cases almost always come across as real creeps. I know they’re bound to do everything in their power to ensure their clients receive a fair trial. But in cases where they know their client is guilty, are they really bound to use every dirty trick in the book to get an acquittal? I was totally disgusted that DP’s attorneys were allowed to cast aspersions on KS, denigrate her character, and dismantle her dignity - but any hint of something unflattering to DP was immediately quashed. Something is really wrong with this scenario, IMO.

:welcome:

Was just remembering DP and Brodsky on with Larry King.....
Have we heard all the ducks information yet? If not, it's the ducks fault for not taking the stand to tell all.

Ugh. Brodsky just shown on IS saying (I assume yesterday) that DP is ok with 'whatever' as long as his kids are ok. Does DP really think his kids are "ok"?????? IMO they must be going through hell.

Peterson case shifts to appeal, missing 4th wife
By DON BABWIN and MICHAEL TARM, AP
11 minutes ago

JOLIET, Ill. — She loomed over Drew Peterson's murder trial, though her disappearance and the suspicion that the former Illinois police officer killed her was never mentioned in front of the jury.

But since jurors found Peterson guilty Thursday of first-degree murder in the 2004 death of his third wife, Kathleen Savio, his fourth wife, Stacy Peterson, could now take center stage.

"We are going to aggressively review that case with an eye towards potentially charging it," Will County State's Attorney James Glasgow told reporters outside the Joliet courthouse shortly after jurors convicted Drew Peterson of killing Savio.

While Peterson faces up to 60 years in prison, the legal issues surrounding the accusations against him may be far from resolved. In addition to the separate Stacy Peterson case, his attorneys have vowed to appeal Thursday's conviction based on the unprecedented amount of secondhand hearsay evidence entered at trial. One of them vowed to take the case all the way to the U.S. Supreme Court.

Peterson, 58, was only charged in Savio's death after Stacy Peterson vanished in 2007. She is presumed dead, though her body has never been found. Her husband is a suspect in her disappearance but has never been charged in the case...

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/news-national/20120905/US.Drew.Peterson.Trial/?cid=hero_media

The kids brought a million dollar life insurance policy with them and DP would have been in control.

Hope IRS looks into the taxes!
Wonder if he declared everything???
and now son Steve has everything suppose to be for little ones he is raising.
sure hope he uses the money on all he is raising.
Think so?

Steve may not end up with so much money if DP loses his pension. And I dont think he can draw SS for them because DP isnt dead.He may just be stuck raising kids on his own and whatever money left DP hasnt blew on women.

Fabulous news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now justice for Stacey.

I've seen a lot of discussion about the hearsay evidence, and I just wanted to add my two cents: as frustrating as it can be for us as victims’ advocates, I do believe we have to protect the civil rights of defendants. However – I often feel that we take this to an unreasonable extreme and I certainly don't think that a murderer should benefit from killing those who could incriminate him! I’m glad they found the balance in this case and I hope it stands up on appeal.

I’ve been thinking about another issue and I’d be interested in your thoughts on it – the defense attorneys in these high profile cases almost always come across as real creeps. I know they’re bound to do everything in their power to ensure their clients receive a fair trial. But in cases where they know their client is guilty, are they really bound to use every dirty trick in the book to get an acquittal? I was totally disgusted that DP’s attorneys were allowed to cast aspersions on KS, denigrate her character, and dismantle her dignity - but any hint of something unflattering to DP was immediately quashed. Something is really wrong with this scenario, IMO.

Welcome to WS!! :seeya:

I've heard a few comments from reputable defense attorneys who are disgusted by the Drew Peterson defense team.

and the poor kids suffer AGAIN!
I do know a lady that was in that same situation, the kids get WIC, free medical and free college wen they grow up. I do not know about any money.

Could that lane hold a 'blue' barrel? what weight is it allowed???

Eleven jurors felt DP was guilty without the hearsay evidence. It was the 12th juror who was convinced by the hearsay evidence. He is saying he wouldn't without the hearsay but the other's clearly felt he was guilty. jmo

I dont think that is true, LC. All 12 relied heavily on the hearsay statements of the Pastor and Smith.

imo

Steve may not end up with so much money if DP loses his pension. And I dont think he can draw SS for them because DP isnt dead.He may just be stuck raising kids on his own and whatever money left DP hasnt blew on women.

I ahd not thought of that! But personal family experience...you DO NOT GET social security when you are in jail. So Drew will not get his own ss in any way while incarcerated.

Thanks for bringing up that point for discussion.

Greenberg was just on IS with Beth Karas.

He doesn't think the people outside the courthouse were genuine in their feelings. ???

RE Schori - Came riding up in his car and purple sunglasses and beaded necklace yesterday - not the suit-wearing guy on the stand with hundreds or thousands of people in his church

He thinks Stacy's conversation with Smith is protected by attorney client privilege and only Stacy can break that. Uh, imo she did when she disappeared.

He said "DP is one of the most loyal people I've met in my life." :what::what::what: I swear defense lawyers must go to oscar-winning acting classes.

He keeps talking about people getting caught up in emotions - did the jurors say they convicted based on emotion and not evidence?

He said in retrospect they should've handled Stacy's disappearance differently.

When they switch from Beth to Joey Jackson for a question, he says "oh, the tough questions now?" He sure comes across as a m-c pig who thinks he can 'charm the ladies'. He's said to Beth before "I have that affect on women...." Funny, it just makes me think yuck.

And they keep saying the PT wanted to 'dirty up' DP - not imo.....they only wanted to use his own words and actions as evidence.

So glad I won't have to watch these DT much longer.

Glasgow is supposed to be on IS next hour - looking forward to hearing from him.

It is stated in an article posted at SM from the Suburban Chicago News (link - http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/heraldnews/news/633440,4_1_JO03_MISSING_S1.article

but no longer working)...<Snip and BBM>

"State police also have turned an eye to a micro-light airplane owned by Drew Peterson. Investigators were at a hangar at Cushing Field in Newark, about 30 miles west of Joliet, for about an hour Friday morning, said Michael Hudetz, a flight instructor who also sells micro-lights.

Hudetz said he showed investigators Drew Peterson's two-seater Aquilla Trike and the hangar where Peterson keeps it.

"They asked a lot of questions," Hudetz said. "They seemed very interested in how it works. They wanted to know where the people sit, where they put their feet. They wanted to know how the (aircraft's) parachute works."

I've been trying to find a pic, but am not successful yet...

The plane discussion is because some think the DrewP got rid of Stacy's body using said "plane."

MOO

Here is a picture of one. Its a tiny plane. I think of them as no more than a go-cart with wings and a stronger motor. lol

http://www.rewindplay.com/trikesrule/peachatthebeach.htm

Welcome to WS!! :seeya:

I've heard a few comments from reputable defense attorneys who are disgusted by the Drew Peterson defense team.

I missed most of what he said, but Joey Jackson said on IS yesterday that he thinks it's wrong when they hold all the press conferences (like this DT did) and make it all about themselves. I agree. They act like they're celebrities or rock stars and to me they're more like scum.

I want is to ask christine how many scetches she has sold of this trial and to whom!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
USE