The Water in Hamilton, AL ???

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
shoe_horn said:
I saw it. It was his classmate and now a bus driver in town.

That is exactly what I am referring to, when I refer to "his spell". Its like he freezes people. Look at the way he froze the two agents on the plane from Bangkok (btw: why did they have to name their city as such). Those guys looked like they were on meds hanging out with him. Many will say they were playing the game, but they did not look that in charge to me.
The "freeze" you describe is what you experience when you realize that someone you had no reason to suspect might be dangerously crazy/delusional says somethign that you realize they're so unbalanced anything you might say or do that disrupts their delusions might be met with phsyical violence. It's a reponse that dates back to when we were a lot hairier and not as upright. Insanity isn't limited to humans. Watch how dogs react to other dogs that are unstable and possibly rabid--they give them as wide as berth as possible, same with primates and other animals.

One thing I am certain of is if there was even the hint of a rumor in Hamilton that Karr was diddling little girls the entire town would have known about it.

pinto said:
True. People shouldn't forget that he didn't grow up in Hamilton -- he came from Conyers, where his dad was reportedly a GM exec. He was more of a city kid (well, close to the city).
Conyers ain't the city. And it certainly wasn't in the 1970s.

Sweet tea! My daughter's teacher was talking about it this week! She taught for a couple of years in Alabama--and she and her husband were always forgetting that the tea comes pre-sweetened!

We drink ice tea all the time here but not sweet tea--no sugar, nothing. It's just got to be fresh.

Y'all made me hungry, too!

What stands out to me about Karr: He's always been known as a loner. No close male friends have come forward. He liked "pretty" things and style--a flashy red DeLorean, his hair style, both wives were pretty girls. He's been saying for several years to different people that he killed JonBenet.

One thing about his family--His brother said that if he hadn't been with his family at Christmas, it would have been a "family scandal." But he's been out of contact with them for the past five years and they didn't know if he was dead or alive.

How do you go from being THAT close to not knowing where he is? And not see a disconnect?

If there is one person in a town that has three teeth in their head, dumber than a sackful of hammers, and talks like they have a huge wad of tobacco in their mouth, THAT is who they'll pick...

Somebody please convince me that the news reporters are actually picking these folks being interviewed and not actually subject to similar type people throughout the City of Hamilton.

I couldn't help notice the "National Powerlifting Champions" bragging rights proudly displayed on their sign as you enter the City of Hamilton sign. LoL!

BillyGoatGruff said:
Let's just say he was the smartest/oddest fellow in Hamilton, Al. And I suspect he grew up accustomed to being the smartest fish in a small pool, which explains hisabject personal failure everywhere larger. Also, small towns are far more accomodating oif peculiar behavior, provided the person involved is relatively likable, or his family is, than anyone from big cities may realize. Kind of like the guy who thinks he's a chicken, but the townspeople are loathe to have him put away because they need the eggs.

Agreed. He doesn't seem to have been bullied or picked on, just left to be himself.

It's a reponse that dates back to when we were a lot hairier and not as upright.
Then why did JMK schedule those hair removal appointments in Bangkok?

Texana said:
Agreed. He doesn't seem to have been bullied or picked on, just left to be himself.
I also got the impression that his family might have been socially prominent in Hamilton. Not rich, but "respectable" & "comfortable". It might also explain the families of the girls' being willing to let him marry their daughters, despite obvivous age & personality problems. No doubt they viewed it as possibly "marrying up", not realizing they were going to be saddled with the Fredo Corleone of the Karr family.

shoe_horn said:
Somebody please convince me that the news reporters are actually picking these folks being interviewed and not actually subject to similar type people throughout the City of Hamilton.

I couldn't help notice the "National Powerlifting Champions" bragging rights proudly displayed on their sign as you enter the City of Hamilton sign. LoL!

Give it a little time... soon there will be a sign to proudly say

Home Town of John Mark Karr!

OB

shoe_horn said:

The reporters are talking to the ones that will talk. 99% of the people living in Hamilton probably have to desire to be on the news or associated with this story. The ones that go on the news are the ones that want to see themselves on TV. Its their one shot at fame. They will be pulling out the video for the next 20 years and showing to anyone and everyone that cross's their threshold

"Oh and by the way SG @@@@@@@@@@@ Roll Tide @@@@@@@@@@"

And a War Eagle right back at ya.

How are all of these War Eagles coming out of the woodwork all of a sudden? It's a websleuth invasion!

John Mark Karr could be gay and using his interest in little girls as a cover up. I must say that his mullet in 1992 was real cute, if you were gay back then. Actually, it looked he a racoon was stuck to the back of his dome.

LOL if you go back and look at pictures of Southern Rock Bands during this time period you will see more Mullets then you ever cared to. Yankees were wearing mohawks and southerners mullets. It was a scary scary time in male fashion statements.

Tybee,

Regarding your jpeg of the dolphin avatar, do you think JMK believes he can talk to dolphins too? I bet if you challenged this guy to a game "Truth or Dare", he would immediately become a serial killer just to win at all cost.

Actually the picture is of a 9 ft Shark that beached on Tybee Island yesterday. Karr playing kissy face with a 9 ft shark might be entertaining.

shoe_horn said:
Tybee,

...do you think JMK believes he can talk to dolphins too? I bet if you challenged this guy to a game "Truth or Dare", he would immediately become a serial killer just to win at all cost.
LOL...Karr is really a piece of work!

It's not just people from Hamilton crawling out of the woodwork. Did anyone see Thumper? Yes, Thumper. She "knew" JonBenet for 3 whole days about 11 years ago.....Thumper is from Dallas or Houston....I was too engrossed in her story to catch the town.

tybee204 said:
The reporters are talking to the ones that will talk. 99% of the people living in Hamilton probably have to desire to be on the news or associated with this story. The ones that go on the news are the ones that want to see themselves on TV. Its their one shot at fame. They will be pulling out the video for the next 20 years and showing to anyone and everyone that cross's their threshold
Oh geez, you got that right. It never seems to be the intelligent not caught in a time warp ones that run to the camera. It's always the guy with 3 teeth standing in front of his trailer isn't it or rather ain't it. These are also the people who pass behind a reporter doing a live on location shot and have to make some kind of scene or say 'hey momma'. Sometimes I have to admit that I am embarrassed to be from the South.

And I agree, we might talk slow(with the exception of myself, so many folks tell me 'slow down girl you're talking like a yankee') and move slow, but that's because we are taking it all in and figuring you'ens out. :p

BillyGoatGruff said:
Conyers ain't the city. And it certainly wasn't in the 1970s.

Oh, I know. That's I qualified it -- he was closer to the big city than Hamilton. All things are relative. Today I guess Conyers is almost a suburb, isn't it?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evremevremm
Back