The White Ford 250 Pick Up Truck Towed from the Family Home

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
"How is discussing a broken-down truck that was towed to a garage from the home, a home where LE agents have been staying 24/7 for the past two weeks, and a truck that an officer of the law verified wouldn't start; How is discussing this going to help find Kyron??! Really, I'd like to know..."

While I have children myself, I have to say that it's not JUST about finding Kyron at this point. It's about exploring, proving and disproving theories, looking for motives and ruling out suspects or POI.

This thread has EVERYTHING to do with that. If LE had it towed, it means something. If the family had it towed, so what? As many have pointed out, that's really common.

Speaking of which, why is no one asking whether or not the truck is back at the house yet? Doesn't take longer than a day or so to change a starter, even if you have to order the part...

A flyover showed that the truck was back home by the end of the week.

"How is discussing a broken-down truck that was towed to a garage from the home, a home where LE agents have been staying 24/7 for the past two weeks, and a truck that an officer of the law verified wouldn't start; How is discussing this going to help find Kyron??! Really, I'd like to know..."

While I have children myself, I have to say that it's not JUST about finding Kyron at this point. It's about exploring, proving and disproving theories, looking for motives and ruling out suspects or POI.

This thread has EVERYTHING to do with that. If LE had it towed, it means something. If the family had it towed, so what? As many have pointed out, that's really common.

Speaking of which, why is no one asking whether or not the truck is back at the house yet? Doesn't take longer than a day or so to change a starter, even if you have to order the part...

According to the new People Magazine story, TH's father said her truck was towed twice by LE. So guess the story about it not starting is a cover. ??

FBI is on board with this case? If so I would not worry so much about the truck.

Yeah. I'm local to Portland. FBI has been involved with this for a while now, though they are not "directing" the investigation (that I am aware of), they were called in and are actively assisting. They called in profiler or profilers and also the Missing Child team (sorry I forget the exact name for it) from around the country to Portland to help.

According to the new People Magazine story, TH's father said her truck was towed twice by LE. So guess the story about it not starting is a cover. ??

Link, please?
this really needs a link

I agree, the People Magazine story needs a link, but it's in print. I have it sitting here on my desk, but I don't think they'll put a virtual version up because they want to sell the print copy. The article does claim that according to TH's father Larry Moulton 72, LE has taken her truck twice.

I just did a search for his name on the People.com site, and there just isn't a link right now. Does that mean we can't talk about it? It's in print. It's right here.

Wow- between TH's mother, sister, friend and now father, people in her family sure don't know how to keep their mouths shut, do they?

Is there one thing that any of her family/friends have said that has actually helped find clues as to where Kyron is... or do they just all want their 15 minutes? Have they actually said anything about missing him or wanting him to come home? I'm not being snarky- I really want to know.

I am curious- does People Magazine pay for interviews/stories?

As far as the truck goes- here's some thoughts- correct me if I am wrong...

Dad usually drove the truck.
Dad stated in interviews that he both 'went to work' that morning, and 'Was working from home' that afternoon. I'll assume both are true.
It's implied that for whatever reason, SM drove the truck that morning. That would mean biodad drove her mustang until he returned home. Why the switch?
She claims she ran errands and returned home.
Isn't it possible her phone was left in her car before she took Kyron to school? Or would that mean that if biodad drove it to work it would ping an entirely different tower?
Wouldn't it then be important whether the alleged pic of Kyron was taken with a camera or her cell-phone? Cell phone proving it was with her and not left in the car at THAT time?

Looking at the map, it looks like SI is very close to the Horman's house. Is this true? How many cell towers are right in that area, and how can it be determined which cell tower might have shown as SI but not the home? That is, if the ping rumour is to be believed. Does anyone know how many cell towers are in the area? If Terry did take her cell phone, did take the pic at school, but then went home and switched cars (leaving the cell phone in the truck), would the location of the Hormon's home ping as SI?

Not sure I care what the SM's dad says about the truck being towed twice. If the truck was towed to a service for the ignition, then I would certainly HOPE, considering it supposedly was the car used to drive Kyron to school, that it was towed and thouroughly checked WAY before all this. If not, I would really question what LE has been doing, or whether evidence has been compromised. Considering LE hasn't disclosed anything, it's no surprise they didn't announce an initial inspection of the truck. I sincerely hope so, at least.

If I were SM, I'd really reconsider having any contact with my so-called family and friends right now. They are doing her no favours.

Wow- between TH's mother, sister, friend and now father, people in her family sure don't know how to keep their mouths shut, do they?

Is there one thing that any of her family/friends have said that has actually helped find clues as to where Kyron is... or do they just all want their 15 minutes? Have they actually said anything about missing him or wanting him to come home? I'm not being snarky- I really want to know.

Dad stated in interviews that he both 'went to work' that morning, and 'Was working from home' that afternoon. I'll assume both are true.
It's implied that for whatever reason, SM drove the truck that morning. That would mean biodad drove her mustang until he returned home. Why the switch?
Isn't it possible her phone was left in her car before she took Kyron to school? Or would that mean that if biodad drove it to work it would ping an entirely different tower?
Wouldn't it then be important whether the alleged pic of Kyron was taken with a camera or her cell-phone? Cell phone proving it was with her and not left in the car at THAT time?

Looking at the map, it looks like SI is very close to the Horman's house. Is this true? How many cell towers are right in that area, and how can it be determined which cell tower might have shown as SI but not the home? That is, if the ping rumour is to be believed. Does anyone know how many cell towers are in the area? If Terry did take her cell phone, did take the pic at school, but then went home and switched cars (leaving the cell phone in the truck), would the location of the Hormon's home ping as SI?__________________

Not sure I care what the SM's dad says about the truck being towed twice. If the truck was towed to a service for the ignition, then I would certainly HOPE, considering it supposedly was the car used to drive Kyron to school, that it was towed and thouroughly checked WAY before all this. If not, I would really question what LE has been doing, or whether evidence has been compromised. Considering LE hasn't disclosed anything, it's no surprise they didn't announce an initial inspection of the truck. I sincerely hope so, at least.

If I were SM, I'd really reconsider having any contact with my so-called family and friends right now. They are doing her no favours.

I know nothing about cell phone pings and we don't even know if the story about them checking her pings is true (although I am sure they have) but I would guess that if they did they would be looking for a pattern. If the phone pinged from SI when she was home then I don't think they would find that unusual. I am guessing that they are looking at things out of the ordinary from her normal routines.

<<I reread and figured I better delete this>>

sorry

"Self-Moderation!" It's a beautiful thing!! I've had to do the same thing myself, Annazed.

I agree, the People Magazine story needs a link, but it's in print. I have it sitting here on my desk, but I don't think they'll put a virtual version up because they want to sell the print copy. The article does claim that according to TH's father Larry Moulton 72, LE has taken her truck twice.

I just did a search for his name on the People.com site, and there just isn't a link right now. Does that mean we can't talk about it? It's in print. It's right here.

It really isn't surprising at all to me if LE did tow the truck to examine it. That would be SOP, wouldn't it? It is the vehicle Terri was driving that morning, and it was the last known vehicle Kyron rode in. So it SHOULD HAVE been examined. And as far as I know, LE would tow a vehicle in order to examine it.....I mean an officer wouldn't hop in the driver's seat and drive the truck to the place LE uses to examine vehicles, would he?

So, whether the truck started or not, LE would tow.

I'm seeing three possibilities:

#1. LE towed the vehicle to examine it, a separate towing from the time we saw it being towed to the dealership.

#2. LE towed the vehicle to examine it, and lied to the public and media saying that the parents were having it towed to the dealership for repair. (This would really, really surprise, shock and dismay me if it turns out to be true, because I haven't seen Chief Gates as a liar. It would have been truthful and easier to say "No Comment" as he has done so many other times.)

#3. Daddy is blowing smoke out his a&& and doesn't have a clue what really happened.

Looking at the map, it looks like SI is very close to the Horman's house. Is this true? How many cell towers are right in that area, and how can it be determined which cell tower might have shown as SI but not the home? That is, if the ping rumour is to be believed. Does anyone know how many cell towers are in the area? If Terry did take her cell phone, did take the pic at school, but then went home and switched cars (leaving the cell phone in the truck), would the location of the Hormon's home ping as SI?

I've always wondered if the only reason for the SM to have driven the truck on 6/4/10 was merely because it had gas in the tank and the mustang was on empty...?

A common occurrence for families with multiple vehicles.

That makes sense. Though, I've only driven my ex-husband's car once or twice, and my fiance's once. They have borrowed my car when they were out of gas, though.

I don't like driving other people's cars. I'm used to mine. And yes, I'm one of those annoying people who has a customized license plate- 'vegicat'. It's not a fun car, though. It's a boring older 4runner with room for kids and pets.

Does anyone know if the truck has personalized plates as well?

I've always wondered if the only reason for the SM to have driven the truck on 6/4/10 was merely because it had gas in the tank and the mustang was on empty...?

A common occurrence for families with multiple vehicles.

I hope can say this if not MOD's please remove it.No matter what the reason was for that truck being towed I'm pretty sure they checked it out in whatever way they could.

When we hear LE say that the Horman family have been fully cooperating with them in this investigation, are we to assume that this also could include the voluntary inspection of their home, vehicles, computers, etc?

Does anyone else think it would be a critical error of LE to not already have done these inspections? I mean if you're ruling people out, and you start from the inner circle, family...and there is a possibility that a crime could have occurred in the truck or was used to transport a body...wouldn't it be crucial for that inspection to be done before perhaps evidence could be cleaned up?

I'm just not understanding how this case is being investigated...anyone else feel the same way?

When we hear LE say that the Horman family have been fully cooperating with them in this investigation, are we to assume that this also could include the voluntary inspection of their home, vehicles, computers, etc?

Does anyone else think it would be a critical error of LE to not already have done these inspections? I mean if you're ruling people out, and you start from the inner circle, family...and there is a possibility that a crime could have occurred in the truck or was used to transport a body...wouldn't it be crucial for that inspection to be done before perhaps evidence could be cleaned up?

I'm just not understanding how this case is being investigated...anyone else feel the same way?

No matter how crucial it may be, without probable cause for a search warrant, or the Hormans' consent, the vehicles can't be searched. So it would not be an investigative or legal error if they couldn't come up with probable cause or the Hormans didn't consent.

It would be an investigative/legal error if they did search the vehicles without a search warrant or consent.

I have a feeling that the Hormans consented, and it was done when the truck was towed, by agreement, and that part of that agreement was that it would not be publicized.

That the truck was returned home also tells me that no evidence was found if LE did search it, because if any was, LE would have had to impound the truck for chain of custody requirements.

I think LE is doing everything right, doing a great job.

I believe LE when they say the truck was towed due to mechanical problems.

If the truck were used as part of the crime, what evidence would be useful from it? It was a family vehicle, so you'd expect to find Kyron's fingerprints, hairs, fibres from his clothes and DNA from skin cells, saliva and even blood in it. By blood, I mean small amounts that would be consistent with something like Kyron having a nosebleed in the truck or a minor cut.

The only thing I can think of that could be construed as suspicious would be a large amount of blood. Checking for a large amount of blood is relatively easy, quick and nondestructive.

I don't think it is going too far to think it is highly likely that LE searched the truck very early on and found no signs of anything that could be construed as suspicious in it.

One thing that has been discussed is the possibility LE took the truck to match tire prints. That's what happened in the Venus Stewart case, in order to compare tire prints left at Venus' home in Michigan LE towed her estranged husbands' truck from Virginia to Michigan. I think it's because you need to recreate the exact same condition as when the tire tracks were made, you can't just take off the tires and put them on another vehicle.

They could have done this because they found tracks somewhere they thought matched the Hormans' truck. They also could have made casts of the truck's tire prints for future matches and returned the truck to the Hormans. I would also imagine that the chain of custody issue would be different for just matching tire prints than it would be for inspecting the inside of the vehicle, which may have been already extensively done. A LE officer posing as a tow guy could sit in the truck to move it onto the tow truck without worrying about contaminating evidence. Obviously we don't know for sure if the starter trouble was a ruse to keep a truck investigation out of the press but now that Kaine has let the cat out of the bag that the truck has been scrutinized it's a stronger possibility.

I don't think we can make a lot of assumptions about the truck, towing of it, whether any evidence was found, etc., any more than we can make assumptions about whether the baby was with TH at school on June 4th or whatever. TM's dad may be correct that the truck was taken or searched twice by LE, and it still could separately have been towed for repairs at the H's request on a third occasion. For all I know, the truck now has a new set of tires, the old ones having been taken and preserved by LE. (not saying that they were). I can't rule that or something like that out merely because the truck is back in their possession.

I am not taking grandpa's word for anything about the truck, just because there has been conflicting info and he could be ill-informed.

I would think if LE wanted the truck, they would have been able to obtain a search warrant easily enough; the person last seen with Kyron was driving this vehicle, for example (if she was.) But I thought LE tended to hang onto vehicles much, much longer, especially in a case with this type of explosive potential.

I did some reading about search warrants yesterday and it seems to me that LE would have had cause to ask for and receive warrants for the family home, vehicles, etc. if not given freedom to search. They could have even tried the "exigent circumstances" type of search if they were daring (an emergency search w/o a warrant based on a reasonable fear by LE that a victim could be in danger or evidence could be destroyed), though I doubt LE dares to do this often, too risky in court. We just do not know.

I did some reading about search warrants yesterday and it seems to me that LE would have had cause to ask for and receive warrants for the family home, vehicles, etc. if not given freedom to search. They could have even tried the "exigent circumstances" type of search if they were daring (an emergency search w/o a warrant based on a reasonable fear by LE that a victim could be in danger or evidence could be destroyed), though I doubt LE dares to do this often, too risky in court. We just do not know.

I totally agree. I believe that search warrants could have been asked for and received, if the Horman's had not agreed to let LE search their home and property.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman
Back