The White Ford 250 Pick Up Truck Towed from the Family Home

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't believe they can search without a search warrant or permission and the search warrant is the preferred way to go. Otherwise any evidence taken would be thrown out in court.
Yes, that is true. I guess I was just thinking it all seemed odd and that if LE REALLY wanted to make the Hormans think they were not suspects, maybe they'd just have to check out the truck covertly and then of course if they found something, they could then get a search warrant to do a legal search.

I wonder if initally they felt (for whatever reasons) that TH took her red car to school that morning, she loved the car and typically drove it. But she took the white truck instead. Do we know if ONSTAR is a standard feature of that make and model truck by any chance?

My thoughts,
I could be wrong but I thought I read yesterday one of the earliest reports that the SM drove Kyron to school in her car.
Then someone living near the school seen a woman in a white truck at 3pm and then again I think 2 am.
Could there be two different women with two different white trucks? Or they are just trying to figure out if SM took the truck or the car that morning?
Then again with the sighting of the woman at 3pm and 2am, wasn't LE at that time at the home of SM , so could she have even gotten out of the house at 2 am with them there ?

I wonder if initally they felt (for whatever reasons) that TH took her red car to school that morning, she loved the car and typically drove it. But she took the white truck instead. Do we know if ONSTAR is a standard feature of that make and model truck by any chance?

ONSTAR is not a Ford feature. My FIL is a Ford dealer, and they have nothing comparable. (Much to my dismay! I would love that!)

Im reading that this was the SM's truck and that LE wanted to know if anyone saw the truck that day with Kyron in it. My question is this, why would the family have the truck towed recently for mechanical problems and does this mean the family is NOT getting the truck back or that it is at a mechanics anyone know? Although Ive always been suspicious of SM's story, this towing of the truck is HIGHLY suspicious timing in my opinion. :waitasec:

Im reading that this was the SM's truck and that LE wanted to know if anyone saw the truck that day with Kyron in it. My question is this, why would the family have the truck towed recently for mechanical problems and does this mean the family is NOT getting the truck back or that it is at a mechanics anyone know? Although Ive always been suspicious of SM's story, this towing of the truck is HIGHLY suspicious timing in my opinion. :waitasec:

The truck was returned last week and was seen sitting in their driveway. LE has said the truck towed from the Horman property is not part of the investigation.

I think if it was really suspicious the Hormans wouldnt have had the truck towed to the repair shop at this time.

The truck was returned last week and was seen sitting in their driveway. LE has said the truck towed from the Horman property is not part of the investigation.

I think if it was really suspicious the Hormans wouldnt have had the truck towed to the repair shop at this time.
Due to the sighting of a 'white truck' from neighbors it should be, maybe they do not have enough evidence to get a search warrant.

I do believe they would have had the truck towed if they knew something was suspicious because they would then have a reason for a 'chain of custody' and evidence defense. Suppose something shows up in the truck they can use the 'well the truck was not just in our hands' excuse and get heat off themselves. My opinion only, but I find it weird the truck was towed right after Kyron went missing, does anyone know what was mechanically wrong with the truck to begin with??? It just seems suspicious in my book, and then hearing the witness describe the white truck down his dead end street lso seems strange. I would love to know what the poly results are, lets all pray for Kyron to be found, this is just heartbreaking!!!

I just read where terri answered the question by herself in her own post, she said that it was a starter and is back at home, just find the whole ordeal a bit suspicious that it happened at the same time. I mean the sending the truck out for repairs...right after the child goes missing, seems like a red flag to me. Also someone seeing a white pick up on their road (two different people) and saying it was suspicious because it was 2am that night. weird. wonder if terri has an aliby around that time??? so many questions.

FBI is on board with this case? If so I would not worry so much about the truck.

okay... deleted... please anyone who quoted me delete it as well. thanks...

Hiya All,

Do we know which year this F250 is? In the midst of looking at all details, I have not gotten that in my head.

How common is it for a starter to go out on a truck at this age? Is there a weakness of a starter in this particular truck model?

Are there circumstances that could make the starter go out...like going through creeks and getting water in the engine area? Are there things that going through creeks would cause that could make an issue look like it was a starter issue, when maybe it is just a water in certain parts that are the real issue?

Oh...and is this a starter thing, or a tie rod thing, or an axle thing, or ?

I wish that this type of information was made clearly public under this situation.

We cannot sleuth SM yet guys. Thanks :)

I may merge these posts with the other truck thread. :) It is all fine but no sleuthing or talking about posting please.

Should I delete my post?:waitasec:

Hiya All,

Do we know which year this F250 is? In the midst of looking at all details, I have not gotten that in my head.

How common is it for a starter to go out on a truck at this age? Is there a weakness of a starter in this particular truck model?

Are there circumstances that could make the starter go out...like going through creeks and getting water in the engine area? Are there things that going through creeks would cause that could make an issue look like it was a starter issue, when maybe it is just a water in certain parts that are the real issue?

Oh...and is this a starter thing, or a tie rod thing, or an axle thing, or ?

I wish that this type of information was made clearly public under this situation.
Oh my gosh! Excellent questions, I didnt even think of that, by the pic on the flyer I would say the truck is at least a 2005, it looks newer to me but what do I know about trucks. I still find it weird that she had it towed to a mechanic right afterwards because then she could claim "false chain of custody" if needed. Maybe the csi thing was a clue that she knew what she was doing, wonder who bought him the shirt, Im pretty positive a seven year old child is not a csi fan. Also online it was shown she purchased a book something about a murderer, have to find the link if im not breaking tos. I will link privately in email if anyone wants.

I believe LE when they say the truck was towed due to mechanical problems.

If the truck were used as part of the crime, what evidence would be useful from it? It was a family vehicle, so you'd expect to find Kyron's fingerprints, hairs, fibres from his clothes and DNA from skin cells, saliva and even blood in it. By blood, I mean small amounts that would be consistent with something like Kyron having a nosebleed in the truck or a minor cut.

The only thing I can think of that could be construed as suspicious would be a large amount of blood. Checking for a large amount of blood is relatively easy, quick and nondestructive.

I don't think it is going too far to think it is highly likely that LE searched the truck very early on and found no signs of anything that could be construed as suspicious in it.

From looking at overhead pictures of the Horman house, it's clear they live on a gravel road.

In my part of the country, at this end of winter, the gravel roads are all in bad shape. Washboard sections, potholes, mudholes, I can find all of that within a half mile of my house.

I've seen frequent references to wet, rainy weather in the week before Kyron disappeared. In fact, the search was hampered in the first couple days by rain.

If the starter went out due to a water splash, who is to say it wasn't due to the driver hitting a pothole full of water? Or splashing through a mudhole in a low section of road?

Personally, I think the truck would be of extremely low evidentiary value unless it had an unusual quantity of human blood found in it. It was the family truck, it's only to be expected that evidence of Kyron would be all over it.

Now, if someone associated with the school but with no known history of having Kyron in their vehicle turns up to have Kyron DNA in it, that would be of high evidentiary value. Kyron's DNA would have no business being in such a person's vehicle.

But in his own family's vehicle? Every reason to find it there.

I've had a starter short out due to excessive moisture -- days upon days of rain, driving in rain and slush, etc. It wasn't a Ford pickup, but the story sounds reasonable to me.

Great Thought Wise Old Owl. I don't think there would be a need to keep the truck. The chain of evidence would be in the properness of how they obtained the tire to test and the testing of it. That then would be their evidence and there would be no reason to retain that actual tire. IMO

Respectfully, no.

If they are collecting evidence for use in an eventual criminal prosecution, then they would need to keep the tire so that the defence could run their own independent tests on it, if they so chose.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman
Back