The Woman Who Shut Up Simon Cowell

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Oh no! You didn't offend me. I'm sorry if it came off that way. Your post about thinking he would be protective of her made sense to me and reminded me of the reasons why I like him. Sorry! I should probably proofread more closely to make sure what I am meaning to say is being communicated clearly. No worries!:blowkiss:

Of course not my darlin...:blowkiss:

If this has been mentioned before, sorry, but I just heard Oprah wants her to appear on her show.

Amazing vocals on Susan! I hope her performance turns things around for the music industry. We don't need more talentless pop-tarts filling our ears with garbage. We need more artists like Susan!

Way to go, Susan! All of your dreams will come true. You have the voice of an angel.

Susan Boyle's voice is one like I've never heard before. It's so light, flowing, and soothing. It's just different. I'm like a lot of people, I want a cd of hers right now! Here is a link to her singing "Cry Me a River." She sang it for a charity cd. Although the song isn't my favorite, she sings it so beautifully. I hope she does well in her life from now on. She is one of a kind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5ETPG26ALE

Oh wow.. she's just amazing! While listening to this video I had thoughts of Etta James' "At Last". Susan's voice is equally (if not more so) powerful as Etta's. Seriously, it's been a long time since I've had chills from listening to a voice. I couldn't stop them listening to Susan.

Holy Cow! I just listened to her singing Cry Me A River (which is one of my favorite songs) and she sounds even better than she did on the show. Without the distraction of the audience screaming you can really hear what a instrument she has. I mean she's good, really good.

I wish she would sing this song on the show!

OMG, what a beautiful voice! Isn't it horrible how people do "just a book by its cover"? I try so hard not to and usually don't but sometimes you just can't help it. But what a wonderful performance. Not only does she sing well, she seems to have such a sweet, pure personality as well. Most definitely brought tears to my eyes! Bravo! And Simon's reaction was priceless!

I read that Larry King has her on his show tonight, I missed his earlier show but it comes on again later! It said she sang My Heart Will Go On accapella!

VB

Piers was also on LKL tonight and made a very nice public appology to Susan for how he first reacted when she came out on the stage, said they had had some terrible auditions that day before she'd come out! He also said he expects that within a year she will have a record done and a world wide tour!

Susan says she will not be lonely anymore :) Also said "Why should she change" and Piers asked her out for a dinner date when in London!!! woohoo :blowkiss: me thinks Susan may get that kiss!

omg when she sang My Heart Will Go On..... a true angel and the love just shines through!

VB

Hi tex!

I do agree, it is thought out beforehand to some degree. But I keep asking myself why the focus is on being "shocked" and really, why is it any more of a "surprise" that she was so great than it would have been with someone "beautiful?" It's just so stupid! All the sneering and etc. in the audience, was not only rude, but just so ignorant.

And I totally agree about singers and beauty. I can think of so many who weren't classically beautiful or even at all "beautiful" in a conventional sense. So what? Think of Carly Simon, unglamorized. Janis Ian. Many more, too many to name. When they get done with Mary she will look very different. I hope she keep her fresh unspoiled spirit and I bet she will.

Eve
Mama Cass

Attachments

• 250px-CassElliotLP1.jpg
    250px-CassElliotLP1.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 12
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/s...se-revealed-listen-to-it-here-86908-21283564/

Apr 16 2009

Oh you have to listen to her sing Cry Me A River! Exquisite, melodic, her voice makes my heart soar! Beautiful ........

Good morning Kat!

Thanks so much for this! I actually listened to it right after you posted it...have to see if I left you thx (might have forgotten to - busy day yesterday). My husband isn't "into" broadway songs, or rather songs of this nature, but he absolutely LOVED Sandra singing that song and said it was beautiful. My 15 y/o son, who really should be on stage with all his drama lol, has shown every single one of his buddies. He joined her fanclub!

First of all, everyone LOVES an underdog, me especially...but I think Sandra is making it big b/c this is exactly the precise right time for somebody like her to make a difference in the world as we see it. No, I'm not looking too deep into it...just simply stating that she's the perfect person to wake everyone up to finally realize that beauty definitely needs to be redifined, and not only that, we should all respect one another & love each other for what we really are - without change.

A good example: America is one of the only countries in our world that reacts to weight being an issue with beauty. The media airbrushes so much, trust me this is true b/c I lived it myself for almost 12 years, and they put out an image of what "they" feel should be perfection...therefore warping our minds into believing something different than what most of us were taught in church or Sunday school. Overweight women in Africa are considered sexy and beautiful, and it is only in America that skinny African women make it big...because nobody in their country views it the same as us.

Sex sells, and it stinks to high heaven. Look at how beautiful Britney Spears is, yet you probably have no idea that her teeth are fake (literally no exaggeration) and she's had acne that you wouldn't believe. The poor girl was on drugs and doesn't have custody of her kids. I do pray for her and hope she's on the right path now. However, her fan base is dedicated and she's popular worldwide.

The media either puts too good to be true stories out there for us to follow or they pick the worst of the worst situations and add blatant lies to them which in turn molds the way we think. Sandra breaks all those barriers, and I personally believe that we the people have latched onto her dream and want to help make it a reality...b/c it'll be a win for us as well as her! I wish the best of luck to Sandra. She has an absolutely amazing voice. I'd pay $200 a seat to go see her in person - no exaggeration. I predict that some of these professionally trained dramatic singers are going to be jealous b/c Sandra doesn't fit into their same profile...what they don't understand is that if they don't accept her with open arms, then we the people will see that and it'll turn us off and we'll tune out to watching those said people. I'd rather watch Sandra than anybody else. Sorry if this might not be the best example, but I absolutely love Cathy Bates. I thought she was great on stage, and her acting abilities are limitless. She went after her passion and doesn't care about what people think, b/c she's doing what she loves best. When the media gets too close, she backs away.

I know there may be many other examples out there, but I sure hope Sandra learns some of the same techniques Cathy Bates has used...they work wonders...and it would help to protect her. She's being thrown into the limelight very quickly, and she's so used to being in the background that it might change her. I believe that her roots are deep into church, and I'm glad for that - she'll need it. Words just cannot express how happy I am for her...and I know millions of others feel the same as I. I hope she soars to the top...she's so deserving of it!

I think Piers is going to have a run for his money, so to speak. Many men will see Susan for what she is, a beautiful soul, a gracious heart. Before she was just a maiden in a small village, now she is going to be seen worldwide and I bet you anything some man will see her and fall instantly in love with her beauty. Yes, I do think all of Susan's dreams will come true and that is a comfort to my heart.

Susan Boyle sings 'My Heart Will Go On' for CNN's Larry King.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jz8oDbXd2qc&feature=channel_page

Piers appears to be smitten lol.

ETA
Britain's Got Talent judge Piers Morgan offers to break Scots singing sensation Susan Boyle's 'kissing duck'

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/entert...on-susan-boyle-s-kissing-duck-86908-21285921/
Maybe he will fall helplessly under her spell and she will turn him down for that first kiss. hehehe Poetic justice. (She has waited this long...she should wait until her real dream man comes along. I wonder who her dream man is?)

Jersey*Girl, you bring up some great points. Years ago Cindy Crawford said that even she doesn't look like Cindy Crawford when she gets up in the morning. Jamie Lee Curtis had her own backlash towards the entertainment industry when she exposed what women go through to look like they do in a magazine and on film. I loved the one side by side photo shop pic and the unphoto shopped pic of Jamie Lee.

What's really sad is young girls and grown women strive to look like the stars that the stars themselves don't even look like in real life.

SS, I'll be really disappointed if Susan changes. Like you, I love her just the way she is. And I hope she's picky about that first kiss and who she chooses to share her life with. I'd hate for her to become the victim of someone who's out to use her.

Jersey*Girl, you bring up some great points. Years ago Cindy Crawford said that even she doesn't look like Cindy Crawford when she gets up in the morning. Jamie Lee Curtis had her own backlash towards the entertainment industry when she exposed what women go through to look like they do in a magazine and on film. I loved the one side by side photo shop pic and the unphoto shopped pic of Jamie Lee.

What's really sad is young girls and grown women strive to look like the stars that the stars themselves don't even look like in real life.

SS, I'll be really disappointed if Susan changes. Like you, I love her just the way she is. And I hope she's picky about that first kiss and who she chooses to share her life with. I'd hate for her to become the victim of someone who's out to use her.

Bold by me...and...ditto!

Does anyone know when she will be on again? I am ready for a new song to listen too. Just about wore the 2 that are out there out. LOL

Maybe he will fall helplessly under her spell and she will turn him down for that first kiss. hehehe Poetic justice. (She has waited this long...she should wait until her real dream man comes along. I wonder who her dream man is?)

Yes, also hope she waits for the right man/moment...and so hope he's a good kisser. But most of all....hope it's private!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oo DEE oo
Back