Theories #1: What Happened to Jennifer Kesse?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't read here much either, but Harmony2, that picture of that guy does look like one of the same to me.
And prob because of his haircut in the back. I don't know how common of a 'style' that is, but it def. looks
like him. imo.

I think that police have looked heavily into the connection between Jennifer and Hataway, and I don't think it's gone anywhere. I can pretty much safely say (in my opinion at least) that I don't think he had anything to do with her abduction. There are many possibilities surrounding what could have happened to her. I think that the best theory is that she was abducted by a stranger, NOT someone that she knew. The best theory that I've read so far was that she was abducted by someone who was living in or working on her apartment complex.

New to this forum. Thought I'd share something I stumbled upon while researching another aspect of the Kesse case.

In 2010, investigators in the Rodney Alcala case, also known as the Dating Game Killer, uncovered some photos in a locker in Seattle. For whatever reason, law enforcement believes the locker belonged to Rodney Alcala. He was locked away in 1979, before Jennifer Kesse was even born. There are thousands of photos in total. They show mostly individual young women posing for a photo shoot. Not surprising seeing that Alcala was a photographer. Law enforcement believes these photos possibly represent victims. Sort of a trophy case.

Oddly though, some of the photos included Alcala. Not sure how that worked. If he was the photographer, then how did he get in the photos? Could he have had a assistant? And is it possible the assistant continued to access the locker and add photos to the collection, even after Alcala was in jail?

I bring all this up because here is one of the photos. I placed it alongside a photo of Jennifer Kesse from the 48 Hours segment. Jennifer appears to be about 10 years old, so it was taken in about 1990. Pretty remarkable resemblance.

If the storage locker photo is in fact Jennifer, how did it get into this storage locker long after Alcala was in jail? Curious what people think.

kes_alc.jpg

(Full disclosure, there was another photo in the mix which looked like Martha Moxley. So maybe I'm just seeing things... :) )

They look very similar, but there are some slight differences. The nose for instance in photo 1 is slightly wider than photo 2. Also the hair is Dr different in photo 1.

How very interesting about the possibility of an accomplice. I Will not discount thatvpossibility, but it is also possible he used a tripod and timing feature.

Hi Marty, I don't think that is Jennifer, the noses are different and the girl on the left has pronounced flair to the ears. I do know that many SLR cameras in the late 70's (had one) had self timers which would allow a person to take a 'selfie' FWIW...

I'm also positive that it's not Jennifer. Her parents would have said something if they thought that Alcala was even remotely tied to the case. There is absolutely nothing to suggest that he might have had something to do with her abduction. Whoever did this most likely lived, worked, and was very familiar with the area where Jen was living.

Thank you for your insights. You are probably right. It was a loose thread. I wanted to hear other opinions.

the disappearance of jennifer kesse had to do with the mosiac complex . It happaned only two months after she moved in to this place most likely it was a worker or someone who lived there.
Maybe one of the workers who painted her apt stole the keys , maybe jennifer left them alone for a period of time going to the fitting room or the club house, let her gaurd down,she left the keys in the apt ,one of the workers went and make a copy came back and returned the keys. Even if jennifer stayed the whole time with the workers inside her apt ,one of them cold say he took a break and going to eat somewhere and he went to make a copy of the keys in a store. maybe they stole the keys from the office . It could be someone from the office. Maybe it was someonre who knew the previos residents of this unit. I don't know how many people lived in the apt before jennifer moved in ,
they had keys and the lockes were never changed.
If this is the case, he could have opened the door at night, abduct jennifer , forced her to his own van , came back later that night to take jennifer's car away from the complex. He wouldn't move her car from the complex in the morning .Too riskybecase people in the mosiac knows it's jennifer car. he had the whole night to clean the car . He came to the mosaic in the morning parked his van took a break went to where was jennifer car over night and drove it to HOG.
He walked back to he mosaic. .
If he was a resident in mosaic he had to move the car at night to another location and in the morning before returning it to HOG he cleaned it and was very careful ...he covers his hair, gloves , uniform over his regular
clothes ... drove it to HOG and walked back to mosaic.

I think Jennifer was abducted from her apt .The reason I think this is because the two phones are missing. We already know that Jennifer was going to mail Travis phone the next day from work .
Let's say that Jennifer did get out that night, maybe after talking to Rob she decided to go out to eat , she was after vacation and after work she didn't go shopping so no food at home and she decided to go out to eat ...even if this is the case She wouldn't have Travis phone with her. She was going to mail Travis phone the next day from work. Even if after talking to Travis she remembered she forgot the phone charger and went the car to get it, still no reason for her to take Travis phone.
Being safe concsious she would only take her phone.
The fact that that the two phones are missing is because HE took them from her apt. Everything happened inside the apt.
The batteries were removed and the phone was disabeled at night and around that time at night is when things went wrong.
The abduction didn't happened in the morning as many people believe BUT at night, this is why it happenned very shortly after she finished talking to Rob. He wanted to have as much time as possible while it was still dark during the night. He either forced Jennifer to her car or forcerd her to his van . If he forced her to his truck later that NIGHT he came back , maybe he rode a bicycle,to drove her car out of the complex.. At night less chance he will be seen or noticed . Also no one remember seeing Jennifer leaving the complex in the morning t work. Her car was not in her regular parking spot. It was risky for him to drive her car in the morning. people know it is jennifer's car .
When he returned that night he also went to the apt to stage it like she is getting ready t go to work... open the shower water , put wet towel...
He parked her car overnight somewhere probably at his house. He had all night and early morning hours to clean the car and wipe off any evidence.
In the morning he went to work at the Mosaic and around noon he went to his house to drive Jennifer car to HOG.

Shelly,

I agree with you on everything except that I believe that her coworker abducted her....he had motive(she rejected his advances) , opportunity(she probably left her condo keys at her desk while at meeting elsewhere in the building and he had a set made for himself and he had the means to do it(he was a supervisor and did not have to clock in and out).

I think that Jennifer was tired from her vacation, let her guard down , did not set her security alarm and he let himself into her apartment soon after she went to bed after talking to Rob around 10 pm....OR, he was hiding out in her apartment in a closet and waited for her to finish her phone calls that evening for fear that she would scream out his name while on the phone if he attacked while she was talking...

Jennifer was spooked living there, I don't think that the catcalls the Mosaic workers made while she walked by would be enough to make her nervous about living there, I believe that she sensed that someone was coming into her apartment and nosing around while she was not there...the coworker could have been coming into her apartment while she was at work, he would have noticed that she often had several outfits laid out on her bed, pj's and panties on the bathroom floor and put her wet towel on her washer or dryer to dry....

I also think that the abductor returned to her apartment and cleaned up and made sure that no evidence was found, I think that he is the one who showered in her shower as I do not think that her shower would have still been wet approximately 7 to 8 hours from the time she would have showered that morning and when the Kesse's arrived around 1 or 2 pm...

It sent chills down my spine when I read that Mrs. Kesse said that Jennifers apartment was "maid clean", her brother and a bunch of his friends stayed at that apartment for I think four days, I would think that they cleaned up, but I do not think that they would have cleaned well enough for it to be "maid clean." Also , she said that Jennifer's mail was "stacked neatly" on the counter....I think that she would have plopped that mail down without giving much thought to it being neatly stacked, she was tired...As per her father, Jennifer was a "car slob", my daughters are to and so are their homes.....I just believe if she kept an untidy car that her apartment probably was not pristine....

I think had she been abducted at her apartment or car that her briefcase would have been dropped or thrown and evidence of an assault would have been found in the parking lot...what abductor is going to pick up evidence thrown around during the abduction??

I agree, she was abducted during the night...

it might be the co worker but it might be someone else. whoever he is he had a copy of the keys.
After he abducted her he returned that night to move her car and also staged the apt and took the briefcase and other things.He could have returned early morning to stage the apt and make it look like Jennifer is getting ready to leave for work. If he worked there ahe had to be there anyway in the morning , he parked his car as usual and walked to her apt. No one will think twice seeing him there.

Shelly,

I have always thought that the POI just barely missed or perhaps saw the Kesse's as they arrived at Jennifer's condo....they responded very fast , much faster than most parents of missing children who are persuaded by police that "they will come back as soon as they cool off", etc.....

The brief case haunts me for some reason...is it the abductors trophy? Was there something in it that the POI thought was in it pertaining to work? Is the brief case with Jennifer wherever she is? Was it sold on Ebay or pawned? It just bothers me that it and the phones were never found.

Hi everyone, nice to see some discussion here. I think the missing phones and case either mean she was abducted as she proceeded to work, or the perp had made contact with her by phone or had some connection (touched it, named in document) to the case. I think I read on 'Blink on Crime' about her co workers interest in her and his odd behaviors....I haven't heard any other corroborating account of the co worker though.

marable
I think he took the briefcase to mislead the police so it will look like Jennifer left for work. This was a brief case jennifer took to work everyday .He staged the apt took some things her i pod took the two phones, later on he got rid of the phones so the pings will not indicate his location.
I too think the apt was ''too clean" .Jennifer was tired came from vacation after a whole day of work .The apt shouldn't be super clean, especially after young men stayed there drinking and partying .

Shelly,

If the briefcase was taken to make it look like she had left to go to work, it almost has to be the coworker, don't you think? I think that the poi wanted it to appear that Jennifer left for work that morning as well and staged her apartment with the clothes on her bed, bathroom floor, wet towel on washer, removing her car from Mosaic's parking lot....if this is the case then this poi had been in her apartment enough times to see that this is the way that her apartment looked. I believe the coworker was obsessed with Jennifer and came into her apartment while she was at work....I don't think the poi EVER counted on the Kesse's responding as quickly as they did .

If the coworker's wife did not work and was at home most of the time, he could not have gone back to his home on that Tuesday morning after doing whatever he did with Jennifer without the wife seeing him....he could have been dirty, sweaty , bloody and would have had to clean up before going into work(he was late coming into work that Tuesday morning)...so , he could have returned to Jennifer's apartment to shower, change clothes, stage her apartment, check for any left evidence pertaining to her disappearance....I have always believed that the Kesse's may have seen this person as he was leaving Jennifers apartment or barely missed him. He was counting on more time to get things in order because he made it appear that she left for work that morning...

I have always wondered if her security alarm was set on that Tuesday morning when the Mosaic people made a "wellness check" as the Kesse's requested ...I cannot imagine that Jennifer would not have set it as she was leaving for work that morning if she did leave for work as some have speculated.....I believe that the coworker would have had access to this code if Jennifer was the type of person who kept codes and passwords on her computer at work or in her briefcase.

marable,
Anything is possible maybe it is someone from work. I know her co-worker was obsessed with her . jeniffer kept her keys and briefcase in the office. Very possible he could have taken her keys from her desk , while she was in some of the meetings, he went and got a copy of the keys. Also the same day jeniffer didn't show up for work he came late and acting in a strange way.Jennifer rejected him and maybe he got upset and also jealous at her high position at work. especially if she made more money than him.
He could have got help from a family member removing jennifer car. Maybe that day when he came to work late and at the same time his wife helped him remove the car. Some readers say the poi looks like a woman disguised as a man wearing uniform, hair hidden under head cover and shoes few sizes bigger than real size. In the video the feet of the poi look huge compare to his small height .
I myself think the poi is a man in disguised .

Shelly,

I to think that the poi is a man, but have to admit that the feet have always bothered me....lets say it was a man, why would a person wear shoes too big for them??? It would not have been to hide his foot prints on pavement or concrete, it would be to hide foot prints in loose soil or sand...shoes too big for him may have been to throw law enforcement off...could it be that the poi has unusually small feet for a man and would have been very noticeable? I once knew a man 6'2" and had the smallest feet of any man I have ever known....his shoes could not have been any bigger than a woman's size 7....really odd looking and your eyes were immediately drawn to his small feet.....

Then again, perhaps this is a woman disguised as a man with huge feet....its possible but if the poi seen on the video is a woman, I do not think that she would have been able to pull this off without help.

Another question, in the blown up pictures, the poi looks like he is holding something in his right hand...his right hand struck me as holding something that he was planning to use right away, keys to his car or to his apartment....otherwise, why not put whatever he is holding in his right hand in his right pocket? I have read that Jennifer's apartment was a good distance from the HOTG, why carry something in your hand while walking a good distance away when you could put it in your pocket....was he carrying a knife or something that he could use to defend himself if he were seen by someone getting out of Jennifer's car ?

marable
I too noticed there is something he holds in his hand . Can it be a pair of glovs he was wearing while driving not to leave fingerprint in the car.When he got out of the car he took the gloves off . I wonder if this is what he holds because he wouldn't leave them in the car or throw them on the ground.
Also if it is a women seeing in the video , she most likely helped a man to dispose the car.

Shelly,

I never thought about a glove...I think that there was only a partial print found in Jennifer's car....the poi sat in her car about 32 seconds after parking it...to me , that takes "nerves of steel" to sit in that car.....I believe that if the person on the video is a female, she helped a boyfriend or husband....jealousy is a powerful emotion....as I have said before some women believe that it is the woman's fault when their cheating boyfriend or husband strays....to me that points to someone other than the workers at the Mosaic....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kat kruck