Theories on what happened to Haleigh #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gosh, I wish people were back here sleuthing this thread. I know the RT was closed, but really where are you people???? I just had another thought that I can't get a hold onto. The van, okay, if it was used to take her somewhere, how much time did they have? If you go to lets say 9:00pm to even 2:00am where could you drive to and back? I know the van is back by the time Misty makes the call, because the SIL and brother are called and TN. So LE thinks she was taken by family or friends, the van has the scratch and the blanket was in the van. So if you think the van was what was used to transport her, how far could you drive and where would you go. If she was dead because of an accident, it would be a short trip, but if it was to pass her off to family out of state, where would she be? I guess I need to start googling some places and maps.....
I too wish we were sleuthing this thread again,it,s gathering dust i,m afraid.idon,t understand why le can,t arrest misty for child neglect or endangerment or something that might make her talk.they must have called Barney in from Mayberry to handle this investigation because it appears to be going no where.MODS PLEASE OPEN DOWNSTAIRS WE WILL BEHAVE

I too wish we were sleuthing this thread again,it,s gathering dust i,m afraid.idon,t understand why le can,t arrest misty for child neglect or endangerment or something that might make her talk.they must have called Barney in from Mayberry to handle this investigation because it appears to be going no where.MODS PLEASE OPEN DOWNSTAIRS WE WILL BEHAVE

I agree that the investigation seems to have been a little sloppy, but they have to have probable cause to arrest anyone. They cannot prove, so far, that Misty is guilty of child neglect and endangerment... as far as they know, she was there. Being asleep is not against the law. If all these folks down there who saw her out somewhere had come forward in the beginning, then it could be proved. Now, without pictures or other witnesses to back it up... they can't prove it, so they don't have probable cause to arrest her.
I would sure love to hear from those folks who KP said saw her out that night. NONE of them have contacted PCSO, according to their spokesperson. So... where are they? What are they afraid of, and why won't they speak up?

I believe the activity on Misty's phone that evening could tell us what she was up to with the children during Ron's absence. Misty won't say but LE has to get the facts and the time of Misty's personal phone calls is crucial to establishing the timeline. What impressions can be drawn from these records that will uncover the truth and eventually locate Haleigh? LE has not disclosed this plan publicly and I am frustrated because it seems to simple and senseable to me.

Gosh, I wish people were back here sleuthing this thread. I know the RT was closed, but really where are you people???? I just had another thought that I can't get a hold onto. The van, okay, if it was used to take her somewhere, how much time did they have? If you go to lets say 9:00pm to even 2:00am where could you drive to and back? I know the van is back by the time Misty makes the call, because the SIL and brother are called and TN. So LE thinks she was taken by family or friends, the van has the scratch and the blanket was in the van. So if you think the van was what was used to transport her, how far could you drive and where would you go. If she was dead because of an accident, it would be a short trip, but if it was to pass her off to family out of state, where would she be? I guess I need to start googling some places and maps.....

I really thought the van was in Crescent City until after SIL CC was called and she brought the van when she came. I don't think the Van was involved in this but who knows.

Just read dive teams and personnel are searching in Baker County today

I believe the activity on Misty's phone that evening could tell us what she was up to with the children during Ron's absence. Misty won't say but LE has to get the facts and the time of Misty's personal phone calls is crucial to establishing the timeline. What impressions can be drawn from these records that will uncover the truth and eventually locate Haleigh? LE has not disclosed this plan publicly and I am frustrated because it seems to simple and senseable to me.

Hi Bluesky, you raise an interesting point that I almost forgot. The cell phone. I might need to go find a link if no-one remembers this but me, but I believe that Misty did have her own cell phone. I never heard anything about a home phone. Misty said when she saw the back door open she ran back to the bedroom to look in on the kids and she grabbed her phone to call Ronald. She said as she called him he was pulling in and she was standing in the front door.

From that info we can assume that Misty did have a cell and the first thing LE does is obtain a warrant for phone records. Misty's call activity would be telling but what would be more telling would be the cell phone pings. I believe 100% that LE has her records and that this might be a huge reason we have not seen an arrest for Misty. They very well could have legitimate info that her cell pinged a tower near the trailer and LE cannot solidify a story that she was away from the home while the cell pings ping a tower near her home. Mods I am going to look for a link on the phone business. Give me a minute please.....:)

They are searching Crystal and Marie's property right now.
News coverage is stating a diver team is also searching a pond. will get link.

The report says they are working off a tip. I bet they are going through the 4,000 tips and run across this one. If a neighbor or someone saw them out burying a horse or goat they may have thought it was a child when she went missing, and called in a tip.

OKay still looking for that link. I did find a set of pictures at:

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/news/state/Cummings_update_050709

these were pictures taken with Misty's cell phone, she submitted them to the media. Still looking for particular info.

Quoting myself to add that the initial info was that Misty went to get her phone to call Ronald and she did call him but he did not answer because he was pulling in the driveway. I read this at insessions

The report says they are working off a tip. I bet they are going through the 4,000 tips and run across this one. If a neighbor or someone saw them out burying a horse or goat they may have thought it was a child when she went missing, and called in a tip.

That combined with the fact that in order to "close the case" either now or in the future they would have had to have searched all feasible avenues... it was stated that KP claimed it was at the request of Marie and other family... that does not sound right... perhaps it is just a play on words like "like with the consented requset of the search by the family"
Some posters here and other places seem to think tat the search was requested by the family because they wanted to clear their names... I find it hard to believe that the search was done for that sole reason... that county would not have dumped all that money just to clear te families reputation... the search does not clear anyone legally since obviously (and i don't think it was but) if it were a crystal fam member that does not mean they had to put the body on their own property.... I think they are trying to "close" the case sadly

That combined with the fact that in order to "close the case" either now or in the future they would have had to have searched all feasible avenues... it was stated that KP claimed it was at the request of Marie and other family... that does not sound right... perhaps it is just a play on words like "like with the consented requset of the search by the family"
Some posters here and other places seem to think tat the search was requested by the family because they wanted to clear their names... I find it hard to believe that the search was done for that sole reason... that county would not have dumped all that money just to clear te families reputation... the search does not clear anyone legally since obviously (and i don't think it was but) if it were a crystal fam member that does not mean they had to put the body on their own property.... I think they are trying to "close" the case sadly

I agree they have to remove all doubt about either family to move on to other places. I think being open and having the property searched removes any rumors that may be out there about her being buried on the property. I still find it have to understand how people think a mother would sneak into a occupied MH, steal one child, kill her and then bury her on their own property. With all the kids that are taken by stranger and SO we need to move on...

I agree they have to remove all doubt about either family to move on to other places. I think being open and having the property searched removes any rumors that may be out there about her being buried on the property. I still find it have to understand how people think a mother would sneak into a occupied MH, steal one child, kill her and then bury her on their own property. With all the kids that are taken by stranger and SO we need to move on...

I agree the scenerio above is beyond ridiculous. The fact that "daddy" had an underaged girl friend babysitting the kids he took from their mother, plus another "maybe" child for whom he doesn't pay support, not to mention a few drug charges on his record, far outweigh ANYTHING the mother may be accused of in minds of those trying to give him a free pass. I can explain the drug charges with no consequences, my close relative gets them very frequently. He usually "rats" on someone. Case dismissed. It doesn't solve the problem, and it surely DOES NOT MAKE HIM INNOCENT.

'Course this is just my opinion, not fact, just opinion.

I would have to assume, if LE were doing their job, they would have those records (and Ronald's) and have already gone through each call. This should have been one of the first things they did in this case.

Evidently, it did not take them closer to a viable theory on their part.

I agree the scenerio above is beyond ridiculous. The fact that "daddy" had an underaged girl friend babysitting the kids he took from their mother, plus another "maybe" child for whom he doesn't pay support, not to mention a few drug charges on his record, far outweigh ANYTHING the mother may be accused of in minds of those trying to give him a free pass. I can explain the drug charges with no consequences, my close relative gets them very frequently. He usually "rats" on someone. Case dismissed. It doesn't solve the problem, and it surely DOES NOT MAKE HIM INNOCENT.

We have been through this so many, many times. No, you cannot explain why Ronald's charges were dismissed by what occurred with your relative, imo. Apples and oranges.

While there were claims that Ronald could have snitched (coming from Geraldo), he has denied it and no one has come forward to prove any such thing happened. It was mentioned (IIRC, by his sister) he took a "course" recommended by the court in order to alleviate the charges, but I don't remember if this was proven either. However, this is the most logical reason, imo. Ronald is not the only one in Satsuma with such a record and with the charges being dismissed. There are too many to count. He was not singled out to receive "special treatment".

A child has not been proven to even be his child to my knowledge so why should he pay for him?

FWIW, I don't want the RT reopened at all. I do want the SGs reopened tho. This is where things were getting accomplished, imo.

I'm not going to edit posts from now on, I'm going to delete them if the posts involve others that are not directly related to the disappearance of Haleigh.

I understand it's hard to not bring up unverified information that you've read elsewhere, but lets try.

Hi Blackwatch, I understand that your post might contain some things that have some truth to them. The age of Ronald's girlfriend, past drug charges, a record, those things might be true and all but I have been up all evening some nights researching that stuff and everything turns into a dead end as how it relates to the disappearance of Haleigh. You are right and some of those things might not make him appear too innocent, but I can't see where they make him guilty of harming Haleigh. I might.....might...think that Haleigh's disappearance could be part of an elaborate scheme by one parent or the other if it wasn't for the fact that up until Haleigh went missing Crystal and Ronald seemed to be getting on with their lives. Crystal had a new baby and was seeing RJ and Haleigh according to the custody agreement and we wouldn't have known either of them had used drugs in the past had it not been for the tragedy of their daughter going missing.
Just my opinion.:)

I have not checked in here lately, I admit I have become very discouraged with this case. Haleigh has been gone for so long and we don't seem to hear anything about the case. What is LE doing ? I pray that we have answers soon, it has been too long.

I have not checked in here lately, I admit I have become very discouraged with this case. Haleigh has been gone for so long and we don't seem to hear anything about the case. What is LE doing ? I pray that we have answers soon, it has been too long.
We are all discouraged with this case. Prayers are the only thing she has going for her.

I'm not going to edit posts from now on, I'm going to delete them if the posts involve others that are not directly related to the disappearance of Haleigh.

I understand it's hard to not bring up unverified information that you've read elsewhere, but lets try.

I wish we could get the RT back... it is nigh impossible to discuss this case because everything's unconfirmed and every tidbit of information seems to have several competing variants depending on the source. We still don't know the timeline of when she was last seen, and we don't know at what time her disappearance was discovered and how it happened. There have been differing accounts of who saw her that last night. LE has not confirmed that anyone has an alibi, and very little else for that matter. Even when LE give statements we don't know if we can trust them (the latest example being, can they be taken for their word that they went through the Baker county property for due diligence and without expecting to find anything else than the dead animals).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1000MoonsAgo