Theories: Who and Why?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I just don't think this was a thrill kill. I cannot see someone riding down a country, gravel road; see two young girls and decide to shoot them. Doesn't make sense. It looks to me like a revenge killing or a hatred killing. Either someone really hated Skyla and Taylor OR it may have to do with someone in the family.

The young man in the funeral pictures looks very sad and very angry at the same time. No one seems to know who he is. Maybe it knows something. If he does, as far as we know, he hasn't said a word. So what does that mean? If the Plackers left OKC (or wherever it was) to escape the crime, why did this tragedy happen. This is a very small town. Did someone track the Plackers down and leave them an ungodly message? If so, how did they know the girls would be on that road at that time. Were Peter and Vicki home? I don't know. We have not been told a lot of details.

Why did Peter and Vicki move? Everyone in that area seem to know where they live. On the last TV interview with the billboard, Vicki didn't want her face shown because she was afraid for her life. I don't understand that, because everyone in that area seems to know where they live (according to posts on Topix). I don't know. Just voicing some thoughts that I have. Probably mean nothing. JMO.
v

I respect your opinion Gertrude and really all any of us here can do is speculate.

But it will not be the first time senseless acts like this were done simply by someone that wanted to know how it felt to kill someone and they too picked their targets based on vulnerability and opportunity. In today's time unfortunately there doesn't even have to be a motive just a desire to commit evil. Sometimes there can be a wolf pack mentality of two or more.

I don't think they just decided they were going to do this. I think they talked about it among themselves and knew that the girls walked often to the bridge and back.

I think if it was a revenge killing or a hate killing OSBI would have known who they were long ago because there would have to be information out there from some of the 500 people that they interviewed that would know why anyone wanted revenge or hated of whomever enough to kill perfectly innocent children.

The Plackers had been in Weleetka for three years. Leaving a crime ridden city for a rural area is happening right in my surrounding area as well as more and more people moving out to the country areas were it is much more laid back.

It was Sunday, they very well may have been on that road continuously before or they may have gone to the bridge like other kids and pretended to goof off until they saw the girls coming. I think they lived close within a mile or two from the Placker home.

Why did they move? Well I don't know but I know why I would if this happened to my daughter. I wouldn't want to travel down the same road everyday that I knew she died on. Neither would I want to return to my rental home that held such sad memories.

My heart goes out to Vicki and Peter. I would be frightened also. OSBI told them they think this is two murderers and that the OSBI believes they are locals. That is enough to scare the h*** out of anyone. Who can she really trust outside of her family? Even if they pretended they were sympathetic to her heartache? I am sure just about everyone she sees she wonders to herself, "are you the one?"

Imo, the Plackers, including the young man at the funeral, has no clue who did this and why. I do understand if and why he would be so angry. This just should not have happened to those children. The Placker family has said that is what they want to know...WHO could have done such a thing and WHY. I pray they get their answers so justice can be served for Skyla and Taylor.

imoo

I respect your opinion Gertrude and really all any of us here can do is speculate.

But it will not be the first time senseless acts like this were done simply by someone that wanted to know how it felt to kill someone and they too picked their targets based on vulnerability and opportunity. In today's time unfortunately there doesn't even have to be a motive just a desire to commit evil. Sometimes there can be a wolf pack mentality.

I don't think they just decided they were going to do this. I think they talked about it among themselves and knew that the girls walked often to the bridge and back.

I think if it was a revenge killing or a hate killing OSBI would have known who they were long ago because there would have to be information out there from some of the 500 people that they interviewed that would know why anyone wanted revenge or hated of whomever enough to kill perfectly innocent children.

Why did they move? Well I don't know but I know why I would if this happened to my daughter. I wouldn't want to travel down the same road everyday that I knew she died on. Neither would I want to return to my rental home that held such sad memories.

My heart goes out to Vicki and Peter. I would be frightened also. OSBI told them they think this is two murderers and that the OSBI believes they are locals. That is enough to scare the h*** out of anyone. Who can she really trust outside of her family? Even if they pretended they were sympathetic to her heartache? I am sure just about everyone she sees she wonders to herself, "are you the one?"

Imo, the Plackers, including the young man at the funeral, has no clue who did this and why. I do understand if and why he would be so angry. This just should not have happened to those children. The Placker family has said that is what they want to know...WHO could have done such a thing and WHY. I pray they get their answers so justice can be served for Skyla and Taylor.

imoo

Hi Ocean,
You are right in so many of the things you posted. Beautifully written and very well thought out.

Flossie

If the girls were killed at another location then taken to the spot where they were found, I would say it was a message to the Plackers.

Hi Sheza, do you think the girls were killed where they stood, as we've been told by LE or do you feel they were moved?

My DD dad was killed when she was 9 mos. old in a car accident we had a small mobile home on some rural property the night he passed I took my child and moved in with my mom and dad and never went back to the trailer, my best friend, sister and mom cleaned it out for me and i sold it within 6 mos and I still think about him and dread going on the road he was killed on and thats been 24 years ago so I can understand why they moved because the pain of the memories are to much for them to bear I hope they find the sub humans that done this to these little ones and their respective families can find some peace

But Peter and Vickie are from a rough family. A rough family with many rough's. Rough people don't scare, they get even. Local punks shouldn't stand a chance against that family. In fact it is the punks who should be scared.

So again, this situation doesn't make sense.

i am sorry for your pain black poodle
bluestarzz
and "sub human" is so very right

But Peter and Vickie are from a rough family. A rough family with many rough's.
Rough people don't scare, they get even.

Local punks shouldn't stand a chance against that family.

In fact it is the punks who should be scared?

So again, this situation doesn't make sense....

Albert, Good common sense thinking as usual and I agree.
If it was some punks this family would not be scared or intimidated..imo

I read on Topix this week, this Roy claimed he visited the P.'s over the weekend and said the P's knows the killer is from Vickie's past....Hmmmm?? what a surprise!

What is V.'s past??

most of Roy's post were removed, I haven't checked to see if this one was...so consider it rumor..time will tell.

to WaltzingM...your dream of a gray hair ponytail female, may have been a clue... (according to Roy's weekend info on T)...
I mention this only to leave no stone unturned in these violent murders.

But Peter and Vickie are from a rough family. A rough family with many rough's. Rough people don't scare, they get even. Local punks shouldn't stand a chance against that family. In fact it is the punks who should be scared.

So again, this situation doesn't make sense.

I have seen nothing that shows me that Peter or Vicky are rough people or prone to take the law into their own hands. As far as I am aware neither one has any criminal history.

Any person can be brought to their knees by horrific tragedies like this. I don't see them as anything but being fearful, haunted and wanting to know who could have done this despicable thing to Skyla and Taylor. I believe them when they say they have confidence in the police to solve this case.

I do believe they are very frightened not knowing if they are coming into contact everyday with the killers and don't have a clue who they are.

imoo

My DD dad was killed when she was 9 mos. old in a car accident we had a small mobile home on some rural property the night he passed I took my child and moved in with my mom and dad and never went back to the trailer, my best friend, sister and mom cleaned it out for me and i sold it within 6 mos and I still think about him and dread going on the road he was killed on and thats been 24 years ago so I can understand why they moved because the pain of the memories are to much for them to bear I hope they find the sub humans that done this to these little ones and their respective families can find some peace

I am so sorry, black poodle.

I can understand that perfectly. I had a friend that lost his wife in a car wreck when she was turning into their driveway when she came home from work one day. They had a very pretty place but he just couldn't stand to go down that road everyday knowing her blood had been spilled there right in front of their home.

So I understand why you felt you had to move and I understand why the Plackers had to do so too.

Albert, Good common sense thinking as usual and I agree.
If it was some punks this family would not be scared or intimidated..imo

I read on Topix this week, this Roy claimed he visited the P.'s over the weekend and said the P's knows the killer is from Vickie's past....Hmmmm?? what a surprise!

What is V.'s past??

most of Roy's post were removed, I haven't checked to see if this one was...so consider it rumor..time will tell.

to WaltzingM...your dream of a gray hair ponytail female, may have been a clue... (according to Roy's weekend info on T)...
I mention this only to leave no stone unturned in these violent murders.

Then that would be a serious mistake imo. Teenagers or young killers in their 20s can be lethal, cunning, sadistic and just as evil as any adult has ever dared to be. They usually run in packs too making them even more frightening.

As for Roy....IMOO he is nothing but a repulsive trash talking troublemaker. I wouldn't believe Roy if I saw his tongue being notarized. He has said some despicable things revolting filthy things about the Plackers but he now is saying he went for a visit and PP confides in him it was someone from Vicki's past.:liar: He just likes to keep the gossip going so he can get attention which he can't live without. Then it becomes all about Roy just the way he wants it.

imoo

Hi Sheza, do you think the girls were killed where they stood, as we've been told by LE or do you feel they were moved?

Lauren I am listening very closely to all theories, Seems the Whitaker family is going with this theory, I went to a bake sale Graham School had last night, Whitaker's and Placker's both were there. Whitaker's/Farrows talk about the murders like we all do here in WS, the Placker's don't...nothing.. kinda strange.

RPS at one time you felt one of the shooters may be left handed is that correct?
Could both of the girls have been laying on the ground when the first shots were fired?

Thanks sheza, ME thinks some of these posts belong on the Rumor Thead, what do ya think?

Sorry, I get confused someone asked if I knew anything about the gun being found and I knew it had not been found. I will post only in the rumor thead if I post.

RPS at one time you felt one of the shooters may be left handed is that correct?
Could both of the girls have been laying on the ground when the first shots were fired?

Hi Sheza-

I thought we had a lefty when I first read the report. But after the trajectory analysis, I changed it to a righty.

The analysis also supported that both girls were first shot when standing, and received additional shots when down on the ground.

---------Here is what I posted on topix---------

It took me a while, but here is a scenario that trajectory analysis suggests, based on the autopsy reports. And I stress "suggests":

As the 13 year-old (13YO) and 11 year-old (11YO) were on the west side of the road, walking south, they were surprised quite suddenly. The 13YO first received 2 shots to the face; she was able to get only her right hand up in time, but the bullet pierced her hand.

The Killer(s) then aimed the gun to the face of the 11YO who was behind her friend and fired 4 shots at her face. But after seeing what happened to her friend, she was able to react and get her arms up in front of her face (in an X) and received 3 shots to the back of her arms. Another of these shots grazed the sleeve of her shirt without hitting her. The killer then shot her in the stomach, and as she bent over in pain and turned, she was shot in the left shoulder with the bullet exited her right chest.

She then fell and was laying on her left side, defenseless in a fetal postion. The shooter, who was then now standing over her and behind her,
then shot her twice in the side chest and once in the neck. One of those shots in the chest could have been with a Glock 40.

As the 13YO lay on her back on the ground, she was shot in the right cheek. The killer was standing above her head and to her right when the
shot was fired. The last round, a parting shot with a Glock 40 was fired at the 13YO from a noticeably farther distance than the other shots.
This shot entered entered the top of her thigh and traveled more than 24 inches (( Note: I think I changed that to 20 inches later)) before exiting her back.

--------------My topix post about the shot to the thigh on the 13YO------------
Sorry, I replied earlier but the post got wiped out. I think that shot was the parting shot, the last shot before the killer(s) made their escape. According to my calculations and assumptions, this shot was from 13.5 to 16 feet away. I presume this shooter was on his way to his vehicle, which was probably parked on the east side on the road.

Why this last shot? When I gave it more thought, my theory is that the killer(s) were not there just to kill the girls, but also to humilate/dehumanize them in their rage. This shot was just one more way to do this -- a parting shot. He didn't care what part of the body he hit, as long as he hit it.

I'll speculate here that since these killers were also out to humilate their victims, they might have even spit on them -- and that is possibly the DNA that OSBI collected. Just speculation.

Hi Sheza-

I thought we had a lefty when I first read the report. But after the trajectory analysis, I changed it to a righty.

The analysis also supported that both girls were first shot when standing, and received additional shots when down on the ground.

---------Here is what I posted on topix---------
It took me a while, but here is a scenario that trajectory analysis suggests, based on the autopsy reports. And I stress "suggests":

I'll speculate here that since these killers were also out to humilate their victims, they might have even spit on them -- and that is possibly the DNA that OSBI collected. Just speculation.

RPS~
As usual this was an informative and interesting post. Thanks for taking the time to post it.
Do you have any thoughts on the motive behind the killings and whether there are one or two shooters. I thought that perhaps since you hypothesize that the killers wanted to humiliate the girls, perhaps you could add some insight as to the mindset of someone who would want to humiliate these young ladies.

Flossie

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RETI20
Back