Theory: EJ gave Gabe to someone she entrusted who has him in hiding

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm trying to piece these two bits of information togther

Investigators said it was Tammi Smith’s “desperate attempts” to adopt the child that hindered the investigation. Police allege that the Smiths had a plan in place to adopt Gabriel or were developing a plan to somehow pick up the child in Nashville, Tenn., and her contradictory statements to police and to the media led to her arrest.

and

Private investigator Ken Gamble, who is working with the McQuearys in the search for Gabriel, said there is no evidence indicating that Johnson sold Gabriel in an underground adoption, but said there are indications she gave him to someone she entrusted who has the boy in hiding.[/I]

This to me sounds like the entrusted person could be TS but I still think TS was plan A and it fell through. I think EJ moved on to her own plan once she realized it wasn't going to work with TS but it's something similar to the Nashville plan, just with someone different. Someone related to HG. I don't think it's TS because now-how could she ever have Gabriel even if someone was hiding him for her. It wouldn't be possible unless they disappeared into some foreign country and I don't see that happening. I think TS backed out of the plan last minute and asked EJ to come back because she realized she was in hot water and that it wasn't going to happen. EJ's pride got in the way and there was no way she was going to admit defeat so she created plan B. I think HG is a friend who met her there so she wouldn't be alone-together they may of found the person who has Gabe and that's why I think it maybe a relative of his. If it is a relative of HG maybe that would explain why they haven't come forward. They don't want to incriminate him. Darn it...who is HG!!!! I swear, this guy holds the key since EJ isn't talking.:banghead:

To have someone hold Gabe until Logan cries "uncle" and signs the papers, so that she can give Gabe up for adoption.

She wants to give Gabe up for adoption. She knows she can't until Logan signs the papers.

That doesn't make sense to me. Is she that dumb, to believe papers signed under that kind of duress would ever hold water?

That doesn't make sense to me. Is she that dumb, to believe papers signed under that kind of duress would ever hold water?

That determined, and regarding things legal, obviously that dumb (just look at the illegal things she thought she could get away with. "I didn't do anything wrong" is one of her fav themes.).

I'm trying to piece these two bits of information togther

Investigators said it was Tammi Smith’s “desperate attempts” to adopt the child that hindered the investigation. Police allege that the Smiths had a plan in place to adopt Gabriel or were developing a plan to somehow pick up the child in Nashville, Tenn., and her contradictory statements to police and to the media led to her arrest.

and

Private investigator Ken Gamble, who is working with the McQuearys in the search for Gabriel, said there is no evidence indicating that Johnson sold Gabriel in an underground adoption, but said there are indications she gave him to someone she entrusted who has the boy in hiding.[/I]

Good sleuthing, TXhope.

What Mr. Gamble said speaks volumes to me. I trying to put some pieces to this puzzle together, which is many....but the fact she was there 5-6-7 days, (we really don't have a confirmed date to when she actually arrived )...leads me to believe plan b went into play, but she was having to wait on that person/persons to get there...

I'm not convinced she took off on this trip by herself...no way!

What Mr. Gamble said speaks volumes to me. I trying to put some pieces to this puzzle together, which is many....but the fact she was there 5-6-7 days, (we really don't have a confirmed date to when she actually arrived )...leads me to believe plan b went into play, but she was having to wait on that person/persons to get there...

BBM: If she was waiting for the person/person to get to SA, maybe they were staying in the closest hotel to the laundromat.

I think she is that dumb. She doesn't think things through. She flys off the handle and goes with her emotion (no brains involved).

Okay another theory I'm thinking of after reading BeanE's post below which makes a lot of sense to me...

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4983099&postcount=67"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Why Won't Elizabeth Talk?!?[/ame]

is..... EJ devulged alot of information in her nanny add on Craiglist. It stated...
hi i am in need of a full time live in nanny so i can go back to work. i dont have any family to help me out with my 7 month baby. i can only provide free rent and free food. female wanted for the job. i myself am a single female. please call *advertiser censored*-*advertiser censored*-XXXX. no emails please.

Looking at this ad someone could think desperate female alone with no family and a 7 month old baby what a great target. If EJ was the type to form close relationships fast like with TPS maybe she did with whoever answered this ad. I hope LE subpoenaed craigslist and found out who looked at and answered this ad.

Okay another theory I'm thinking of after reading BeanE's post below which makes a lot of sense to me...

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Why Won't Elizabeth Talk?!?

is..... EJ devulged alot of information in her nanny add on Craiglist. It stated...
hi i am in need of a full time live in nanny so i can go back to work. i dont have any family to help me out with my 7 month baby. i can only provide free rent and free food. female wanted for the job. i myself am a single female. please call *advertiser censored*-*advertiser censored*-XXXX. no emails please.

Looking at this ad someone could think desperate female alone with no family and a 7 month old baby what a great target. If EJ was the type to form close relationships fast like with TPS maybe she did with whoever answered this ad. I hope LE subpoenaed craigslist and found out who looked at and answered this ad.

That ad does sort of scream "Predators of All Varieties Come Here", doesn't it? Scary.

What do we know about the "roomate"...how long did he room with EJ and LM ??? What did he look like ???

What do we know about the "roomate"...how long did he room with EJ and LM ??? What did he look like ???

I've wondered about him a lot too Kappy. I wonder who his friends may have been? Was he young, older, hispanic, did he have a son who could have been HG? Maybe someone who helped him move into the trailer? I think all meetings, (and this one definitely) she made leading up to her December handing off of Gabe to TayJay and her leaving for SA should be addressed. I'm sure LE has looked at him....but I wonder how deeply? All I can do is wonder. Couldn't this person have moved in, maybe had a friend/family member who is HG. They (HG and EJ) could have spent a lot of time together while EJ's roomate worked....since EJ didn't. When did he move in, do we have that date? ??? MOO.

ETA: I am not accusing the roomate of anything. I'm thinking he may know HG, but is unaware. Maybe HG met EJ once through him at the trailer, but the roommate knows of no other meeting between them. They could have been together in her room or while roomie was working.

Everything I've read about the roommate made it sound like he just moved in in Dec.? Maybe I'm wrong though. I'll look for a link.

I've wondered about him a lot too Kappy. I wonder who his friends may have been? Was he young, older, hispanic, did he have a son who could have been HG? Maybe someone who helped him move into the trailer? I think all meetings, (and this one definitely) she made leading up to her December handing off of Gabe to TayJay and her leaving for SA should be addressed. I'm sure LE has looked at him....but I wonder how deeply? All I can do is wonder. Couldn't this person have moved in, maybe had a friend/family member who is HG. They (HG and EJ) could have spent a lot of time together while EJ's roomate worked....since EJ didn't. When did he move in, do we have that date? ??? MOO.

ETA: I am not accusing the roomate of anything. I'm thinking he may know HG, but is unaware. Maybe HG met EJ once through him at the trailer, but the roommate knows of no other meeting between them. They could have been together in her room or while roomie was working.

Oh, I'm not accusing him either. I just wondered if they formed a friendship.

Everything I read about the roommate made it sound like he just moved in in Dec.? Maybe I'm wrong though. I'll look for a link.

Thank you TX....facts get very fuzzy for me, so I love to be corrected so I can speculate most likely scenarios! :)

Thank you TX....facts get very fuzzy for me, so I love to be corrected so I can speculate most likely scenarios! :)

I maybe wrong on that :waitasec:. I'm sure the wizard knows..BeanE. I'll also keep looking for a link to confirm. How did she find the roommate? It doesn't always take a long time to create a bond.

I maybe wrong on that :waitasec:. I'm sure the wizard knows..BeanE. I'll also keep looking for a link to confirm. How did she find the roommate? It doesn't always take a long time to create a bond.

I thought it was through CL? But maybe not...I hate to speculate too much (which I do a lot), and it become misinformation. lol. I'm just really good at brainstorming and have a dogged determination to see anything I speculate on through to an end. BeanE will likely have the facts if we can't find them first ;)

Roomie was from Craigslist. It's in the case calendar. Somewhere around Dec 10. You can also see all the CL ads in the Important Links thread up in the stickies. They're all in a post put together by momtective.

Thats really strange that she trusted a male roommate through Craigslist..

Thats really strange that she trusted a male roommate through Craigslist..

FWIW, my young, single female cousin finds roommates on Craigslist and has no qualms about males. Thank goodness she doesn't have a child, or I'd have had a huge issue. I still think she's nuts and I had a fit when she told me what she was doing. She did it anyway. She is too trusting and naive.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bill1620
Back